Statistics

285,457 members
167,431 posts
  • basspraise
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-01-07
    I am interested in TC Electronics products; have been thinking about purchasing either the 2x10 Cabinet, or the 4x10. Do any of my bass brothers out there have any experience with the 4x10 cab? I'm sort of nervous about using the 2x10; thinking that it won't be "deep" enough. Plus, I'm an old 4x10 kind of guy. What do you think out there in Bassland? Thanks for your input!
    read more...
    0 4,430
    • basspraise
      paddybass Hi mate, I just bought a BH500 amp with BC410 and a BC212. I just love the flexibility of using either cab singley on a gig and also both together on the bigger gigs. Awesome sound and quality even though this rig isn't the top end like the Staccato and RS cabs, unfortunately I couldn't stretch to that but am very happy with this set up. Hope that helps.
      • January 10, 2011
    • basspraise
      basspraise Paddybass,

Thanks for your response to my inquiry. I too would like to stretch, and get the top-end gear, but sometimes, in consideration of the $$ you can only get what you need. I'm headed down to Hollywood to audition some TC Electronics gear later this week; I'll let you know what my ears think. Meanwhile, enjoy your new toys, and keep on bassin'!
      • January 10, 2011
    • basspraise
      thereturnfc man, get yourself to the shop, try it out,

i been using rs210and rs112 for my gig for 2-3months now, it got really nice low-end with 12'inch

i say that 4x10 would give u alot , but having that bigger speaker size would really help getting the low u need(if u need more lol)

go see for yourself in the shop
      • January 10, 2011
    • basspraise
      MTB777 The whle idea wit their cabs is to vertically stack 2 2x10's so you get better high end at ear level and still have contact with the stage to get the bottom end unlike the coice you have to make with a 4x10 either on the floor or up on a stand losing bottom.....or with a 2x10 on a 2x12 vertical. If you need big volume you could set a 4x10 on a 2x12 and set the house on fire! I do see some great deals on the 4x10 cabs though. Yo just don't have the portability
      • July 24, 2011
  • Bassike
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-01-25
    I know that many of us are confused by the fact that you could 3 RS cabinets.

but my question is, if i use a 4X10 and a 2X10; would all the speakers receive evenly the same amount of power?
    I taught that if you use this combination of 4X10 and a 2X10, you would have to use a head that goes down to 2 ohms and a 4 ohms 4X10 and a 8 ohms 2X10 so all the 6 speakers would sound even.

am I wrong?

what would be the result of this combination if I use a Rh head and RS cabs.

anyone used this before.

cheers
    read more...
    0 3,034
    • Bassike
      MTB777 TC's Cabs are rated at less than 8 ohm so you can use any 3 of their cabs and be safe, but it has to be their cabs. Use another manufacterors cabinets and you have to use 2 - 8 ohm cabs max. or 4 ohm max.
      • July 24, 2011
    • Bassike
      MTB777 Check at talkbass.com as there are many discussions and treads on this issue.
      • July 24, 2011
  • franguru54
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-07-15
    I bought a new RC4 footswitch for my Rebelhead 450. This one works well with the original cable.
    I like to buy another cable for plug it. What type of cable is this?
    Is it a MIDI cable?
    0 1,698
  • simplifyroger
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-06-23
    I've had my Staccato'51 for about 9 months. Has worked great since the purchase, but I went to power it up for practice and the head appears to be dead. No lights. No fans. No nothing. Switched power outlets and checked the power cable. Still no power. Didn't want to open the head for fear of voiding the warranty. Wondering if there is a fuse on the amp that may need replacing. Any ideas?

I love this amp. Need to get it working asap...

Thanks for any help,

Roger
    read more...
    0 2,336
    • simplifyroger
      simplifyroger Anyone? Any ideas? I'm dead in the water right now...
      • June 26, 2011
    • simplifyroger
      JahooRoisym Damn - would not like to be in your position.

The manual says that there are no user-servicable parts inside, so I would double check if its not the cable or the socket (which you probably did many times by now) and head to the store with warranty papers.
      • July 9, 2011
  • hermyinaz
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-05-17
    Hello folks I am new to bass guitar, I have been playing lead guitar for 20 years and switching to bass now, so I was wondering I wanted to buy that new rh750 head but can I run a rs212 cab with it or a rs 210 cab ? Because the wattage on the head is 750 watts going into a cab that is rated at 450 .....Wont that blow the doors off of those cabs if I just run like 1 rs 212 or 1 rs 210 ? Do I have to basically buy both the 212 and 210 and stack them for more wattage to keep up with this new head or ? Yeah I dont understand to much about the whole cab and head thing and matching up the wattages.....Ok thanks alot any help would be appreciated.....thanks, Bryan.
    read more...
    0 3,986
    • hermyinaz
      CAW You can run with one cab just fine. Just don't turn it up all the way... Also, with one cab, you're putting an 8ohm load on it instead of a 4ohm load, which reduces its max power output by something like 33%.
      • May 27, 2011
    • hermyinaz
      mesajoe I'm running my RH750 against a single RS112 - it is absolutely fine (a great practice combo), but then I am not trying to blast the doors off the house.

So a singe RS212 will be fine..

• June 25, 2011
  • gmcelroy
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-05-03
    I'm a new user of TC Bass products and just bought an RH450, which sounds great however when I went to use my headphones the jack did not work nor was the speaker output cut off as it should have been. Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so how was it fixed? I have already contacted the store I bought it from and they have emailed TC Tech support.
    read more...
    0 1,770
  • Irwin
    Contributor - Level 1
    2011-04-27
    First, I love the amp! I have an NS Designs WAV bass, and I can model it with this amp to sound like an upright bass violin or like a bass guitar. The (possible) problem is that when I'm operating using a memory setting, muting and then unmuting results in a big reduction in output. I have to exit the memory setting and then reselect it. Then the amp output is as expected. Is this normal, or is there a problem with the amp? I just purchased this amp in December 2010 and took delivery in January.

Irwin
    read more...
    0 1,863
  • Neoland
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-04-10
    Ok guys, I read the manual, watched the videos, read the forum etc etc.

Still I wondered what exactly happens when I overdrive the input of my RH 450. Ok, the light blinks that it's distorting, but actually it doesn't sound that bad in my ears.

Can you actually damage your amp doing that, or is the advice ("when the overload light comes on go two clicks back") just soundwise.
    read more...
    0 3,625
    • Neoland
      Neoland Hello...hello.....hello, anybody out there?
      • April 21, 2011
    • Neoland
      joeglow If you use too much gain then the indicator will blink but if it stays on steady then you're overloading the gain circuit. I'm no engineer or electronics wizard but I'd say not only will your sound be compromised but there could be a cut out in performance. Perhaps a fail safe so you don't blow the curcuit board is a shutdown of the processing.
      • April 21, 2011
    • Neoland
      Neoland Hi Joeglow, thanks for your reaction, but did you experience such a cut out yourself, or do you assume it could happen.

Like I said, the sound itself doesn't sound compromised to me.

Maybe someone from TC can shed some light?
      • April 21, 2011
    • Neoland
      joeglow No I've never had a cut off of sound but I can only assume it is a fail safe so it doesn't happen. I'd love it if there was a TC bass know it all on board here. It would be great to get an official word on certain things.
      • April 22, 2011
  • CAW
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-04-16
    The RH450 allowed three RS cabs to be daisy-chained, despite this violating the 4ohm rule using "normal" calculations. I have three RS212 cabs. When using this stack with the Blacksmith, should I set it to the 2ohm position (since 3 8ohm cabs should technically be out of limits for a 4ohm power source)? Or does the Blacksmith handle them like the RH450 does, and thus prefers the 4ohm setting for this configuration?

Additionally, given that the Blacksmith supports 4 RS410s, I'm assuming it should also support 4 RS212s. Is this correct? And if so, is it OK to daisy-chain all four cabs together and use only one output terminal on the Blacksmith? Or should I really connect two cabs to each of the two terminals? My understanding is that both output terminals are tied together internally (much like in the cabs), so it shouldn't matter if I use one or both. Yes/No?

Thanks,
    A very happy Blacksmith owner.
    read more...
    0 2,001
  • CBrown
    Contributor - Level 2
    2011-04-15
    I have owned and loved the RH450 for a couple of years now. After my first test drive of the Blacksmith here at Bass Emporium, all I can say is "Wow!". With all the controls set flat and at a medium volume, the amp sounds more open and natural than the RH with the same full low end I love from the RH. Oh yeah, and BTW, it is LOUD! Headroom for days!
    read more...
    0 1,783
Go to page