Statistics

285,084 members
166,987 posts
  • Jesusrkr
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-07-14
    Can anybody please tell me what the Hz is? I am gueesing by the manual the lowest point is 71Hz???

No matter what I do, my "B" string comes out as just a low hum. I have taken the rh450 head to the music store and tried it with all the other speaker cabs and the same thing happens.

I have the rh450, rs212, and the footswitch. I love the tones and features, however, the lower frequencies are important too!

Thanks for any information...

Mike
    read more...
    0 11,657
    • Jesusrkr
      Revolver323 I Just did a complete test of the Staccato '51 with three dieffernt 5-strings basses and two 4-strings in live and studio settings and had no trouble whatsoever with the B string coming through. This was with the RS210 cabinet and various settings, including "factory flat," although the Staccato sounds different than the RH450 when set flat. You can read the entire review here: http://www.musicgearreview.com/article-display/3428.html
      • July 15, 2010
    • Jesusrkr
      Jesusrkr Thank you very much, are you saying I need to trade up to the Staccato "51 to get what I'm looking for?

Mike
      • July 15, 2010
    • Jesusrkr
      Revolver323 I think that you can achieve the sound of the Staccato with the RH450 if you spend some time using the shift pushbutton and tweaking the centerpoints of the EQ, then adjusting the tone controls. The Staccato & RH450 started out as the same amp, but the Staccato has a much more pronounced low end than the RH450 right out of the box, which is what Rocco wanted. There is more compression and TubeTone built in to the Staccato's flat settings as well. However, I'm sure you can approach the Staccato sound if you spend some time with the RH450. I'd think that the RS212 would give you plenty of bottom since I got enough out of the RS210.

Bass response is dependent on a number of things, including the bass, strings, cabinet(s), floor coupling and the room itself.

Have you noticed the same B string problem with other amps? Does the B string disappear when the bass is taken direct through the PA? What bass are you using? Does the B string problem on the RH450 occur with more than one bass? Have you tried a different brand of strings or even a new B string from the same brand?

To do the most effective test, keep a control --same bass, different amp; same amp, different bass; same cabinet(s), different head, etc. Go back to the store and try your bass with different amps -- Genz Benz, Markbass, GK. At least that way you can narrow down possible causes.
      • July 15, 2010
    • Jesusrkr
      CAW FWIW, I have zero problems with the B string on my RH450. The units are capable of it.
      • July 15, 2010
    • Jesusrkr
      Jesusrkr Thank you all for taking the time to give me ideas. I am sticking with my TC gear and will get to the "bottom" of this!
      • July 18, 2010
  • slaine01
    Contributor - Level 1
    2010-11-16
    As the cab size of the RS210 and RS210C are the same -how much do you lose, frequency wise, as the RS210C loses a fair bit of its cab size due to the open enclosure for the removable amp section?
    More cab size = more bottom end so does it make the cab less bottom end delivering than the normal stand alone RS210?
    read more...
    0 6,328
    • slaine01
      thereturnfc personally i dont think so, since the size of cab is same but in speaker room, i just little smaller(yes i know it would affect the sound by little but i dont see that i would make huge different)...

i feel that 10'inch are meant to be for high frequency range delivery...

but the 12'inch speaker would make that different of low-end and size of the cab that allow to push the air...

i think if you need to walk travel for alot of gigs quite frequently, 210C would make your life way easier
      • December 3, 2010
    • slaine01
      BASSically I have to agree the RS 210 can lose a bit of bottom end but for those real small stages and gigs is perfect size to haul around.

For small gigs however I use a twin 12 Aguilar cab. Has awesome bottom end. So I do not lose that tight bottom.

For the bigger gigs the Rs210 on top makes a super combination.

BUT If transport is an issue stick with the rs 210 you will not be disappointed .
      • December 20, 2010
  • SoulFinger
    Contributor - Level 1
    2010-12-14
    Hi,
    I've had my Staccato in a few month now, and I have not had any problems with it, until yesterday.
    When I turned on the unit, I tuned the bass. Everything functioned normal.
    Then a little later I wanted to retune the bass, and then all of a sudden, the tuner showed 2 semitones and some extra hertz wrong.
    I tried to reboot, reset have it turned of for a while, but nothing changed.

It still shows 2 semitones and some hertz too high.

Anybody knows what to do and how?

Thanks in advance
    Dennis
    read more...
    0 1,768
  • ArcticBass
    Contributor - Level 1
    2010-12-10
    Hi all,

As indicated in my subject, I'm new to the forum and new to TC. I recently ordered a Classic 450 and some RS cabinets (112 and a 210). online and am expecting delivery in the coming weeks! Can't wait!

I've enjoyed reading the forum so far, and it helped sway me into switching over in to TC bass amp territory (used to be a Fender Bassman guy).

I'm a bass player in a local country rock band in northern Canada (the "north of the north" if you will).

I'm looking forward to my TC Electronic gear!
    read more...
    0 1,792
  • FretlessD
    Contributor - Level 1
    2010-11-06
    I am to be a new RH450 owner this next week! I can hardly wait! I am curious about the RH450's headphone output quality. I want to use the head as a practice amp with headphones. I have a set of Sennheiser 595's. I have a Send Station PocketDock Line Out adapter that will bypass the IPod eq.

My question is this... How's the heaphone output quality? Most headphone outputs on guitar amps are pretty poor. How does the RH 450 stack up? Will a headphone amp with eq or eq by itself help in the reproduction? I was wondering what other RH450 owners have found.
    read more...
    0 3,127
    • FretlessD
      mwesth Don't know about the RH450, but the headphone output on my BG500 sounds awesome (-:
      • November 23, 2010
    • FretlessD
      thereturnfc I just got rh450 about a month now...I been using this thing very extensively in and outdoor gigs, also in my own room with ipod input and headphone output(on Senneheiser HD280 studio headphone), i got this very very nice sound from the amp...and yes it sounds just like how the amp would sound with the cab in real gig...

thumb up for great portable head that do everything
      • December 3, 2010
  • tompasto
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-10-15
    Hello there,

I got my RH450 from yesterday.
    As an old man i RTFM (Read the friendly manuel) before using my AMP.

I'm not shure what Preset Level is use for (Tube knob in shift mode) ?

Is someone can explain me with simple words for my simple mind.
    Tx !
    read more...
    0 3,195
    • tompasto
      CAW It's a volume control specific to the preset.

Consider you have one preset that uses EQ to boost a lot. This will inheriently have move volume than a preset that uses EQ to primarily cut. If you switch between these two presets in a gig, the first one will sound much louder than the second. Usually, this is not desirable -- you want your presets to all be around the same output volume. So you can use the preset level to balance the volume of each of your presets so that they are roughly equal. You can then use master volume to dial in a listening level appropriate to the venue you are playing in.
      • October 17, 2010
    • tompasto
      tompasto Thank you for those explanations.
      • October 17, 2010
  • peterhfi
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-02-19
    Hi TC User Support,
    normally I use an EQ only to solve acoustic problems in a room.
    I own a chart that shows the frequencies of the single notes on the bass fretboard, so I can identify a frequency that causes acoustic problems very easily.
    Now I would like to know what frequencies the single "dots" of the 4 EQ bands represent? Is it linear so I could divide the range between the center frequency and the lowest/highest frequency by the number of LEDs or is it somehow different?
    If there is a table showing the frequencies this would be very helpful because then I could influence problematic frequencies in a room very quickly.
    Thank you in advance and best regards
    Peter
    read more...
    0 6,426
    • peterhfi
      BASSically NO support for this question either.

What is going on over at TC E ?

BASSiacally
      • July 25, 2010
    • peterhfi
      Revolver323 The RH450 manual list the range of the four tone controls as follows:

Center Freq: 280Hz (range: 71-1120Hz,

Gain: +15/-24dB)

Center Freq: 400Hz (range: 100-1600Hz,

Center Freq: 800Hz (range: 200-3150Hz,

Center Freq: 1600Hz (range: 400-6300Hz,

Gain: +12/-24dB)

Of course I have no idea if you can divide the frequencies by the number of dots on the display, but that might be a starting point. Why not try it with you other chart and see if it works.

As for TC support, have you called or e-mailed them directly?
      • July 25, 2010
    • peterhfi
      peterhfi

Revolver323 wrote:

Of course I have no idea if you can divide the frequencies by the number of dots on the display, but that might be a starting point. Why not try it with you other chart and see if it works.

As for TC support, have you called or e-mailed them directly?

Yes, they told me they have no chart or map of the the dot related frequencies and that the EQ bands are not linear. They recommended to do it by ear.

Best regards,

Peter
      • July 28, 2010
    • peterhfi
      peterhfi Correction:

I have just read in the big RH450 thread (Part IV) on talkbass.com, that a frequency chart created by an TB member is correct. Uffe vom TC confirmed this.

Best regards,

Peter
      • July 28, 2010
    • peterhfi
      Revolver323 The TB chart looks like what you need. Good luck!
      • July 29, 2010
  • BigString
    Contributor - Level 1
    2009-12-06
    Anybody know how to change the amp's settings back to factory ??
    0 5,505
    • BigString
      idasys Hold in all 3 preset buttons when powering on.
      • March 20, 2010
    • BigString
      Revolver323 I had the same question. Is this info in the manual? It should be if it isn't.
      • July 19, 2010
    • BigString
      BASSically Always a good idea to know how to reset.
      • July 25, 2010
  • lowendjoe
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-05-10
    Got my RH450 last week...what a marvel...played an OUTDOOR gig on Saturday in Florida...amp never showed any sign of heat and performed flawlessly...now if I can only figure out what that little rattle is coming from the inside? Any ideas?
    0 4,984
    • lowendjoe
      JayGarrett Yeah - it's such a great amp. Plenty of punch and power without breaking your back.

Enjoy it man :0)

Not sure where the rattle would be coming from though :0.

J
      • May 27, 2010
    • lowendjoe
      Revolver323 Inside of the cabinet or the amp head? Only when you're playing, or if you pick up the head & shake it?
      • July 16, 2010
    • lowendjoe
      lowendjoe Its a small noise near the face of the head, ONLY if I shake it ...doesn't seem to be an issue regarding performance...got an RS212 a couple weeks ago and this really is a killer rig...the B string (Bongo) is clear and punchy...my Refrigerator is retired ...
      • July 16, 2010
    • lowendjoe
      Revolver323 Loose solder or washer? That's be my guess. Doctor's advice: Do not shake the head.
      • July 19, 2010
    • lowendjoe
      BASSically I would take it back to where you bought it and have their tech open it up and check it out.

If is is metal it only has to short something once to be big trouble.

Play it safe . Get it checked out and let us know what you found. Could be a heads up for the rest of us out here.

BASSically
      • July 25, 2010
  • JayGarrett
    Contributor - Level 2
    2010-03-25
    Good idea - looking forward to a chance of trying one out
    0 5,724
    • JayGarrett
      Don Hi Guys.

I'm on the look out for a new combo and..

I wonder if anyone had an exact release date for these combos in Europe?

I look forward to being able to try them out and getting myself one as a result.
      • April 25, 2010
    • JayGarrett
      JayGarrett I've heard whispers of a June release but not sure. They do look good as do the specs.

Let me know when you try one :0)

J
      • May 27, 2010
    • JayGarrett
      lasher Is anyone aware if TC has any intentions of doing another model of the great new line of bass rigs that contains TC's infamouse chorus effect? Seems like a no brainer - best chorus around to go in one of these cool new bass models. Please advise...
      • July 2, 2010
    • JayGarrett
      Revolver323 I expect a BG500 115 for review any time now. I haven't heard a European release date, but they are shipping now in the US.
      • July 19, 2010
Go to page