Statistics

305,949 members
190,289 posts
  • New
    hythrain
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-04

When I first bought my Q802USB, I had a different computer which had no issues with it which ran on Windows 10. Then about a year and a half ago, I bought a new computer that was also on Windows 10. I immediately began having an issue when it came to opening Sound Devices. If the Q802USB is plugged in, upon opening Sound Devices I will hear two device disconnects in quick succession. After a moment, there will be two device connects in quick succession. Another pause will occur before this all happens again. Sometimes it'll even happen a third time. Once it's done, I'm unable to do anything in Sound Devices until I unplug the Q802USB, where it will repeat the double disconnect/double connect process before I can manage sound devices.

This issue also happens if I'm using any software such as OBS to record and I need to change the settings. In short, I'm unable to change any computer based settings because of this.

As far as I know, I have up to date drivers and my OS is up to date. I'm unsure what is causing this issue.

read more...
    0 7
  • PauloPereira
    Contributor - Level 1
    2017-03-18
    Hello,

I just bought a UMC404 and I have some questions about routing since the manual is extremely simple and not being very clear with regard to incoming routing out ... (or I'm stupid tztztz)

SCENARIO :

- I have two monitors and also a cube amplified for bass.
    - My BASS is plugged into INPUT 4
    - Monitors plugged into MAIN OUT
    - Cube amplified for bass plugged in 4 of the PLAYBACK OUTPUTS
    "I want to hear my bass only on the amplified Cube for bass. (For this I connected it to output 4)

I can not hear the bass sound on the Cube amplified for bass. I only hear the monitors ..... I have tried the a / b monitor .... the mix knob for in ... and for pb

Are the MAIN OUTPUTS the only UMC404 analog outputs?

The UMC404 dont have 4 independent analog outputs?

Thank you,
    Paulo ... from Brazil
    read more...
    0 729
    • PauloPereira
      FlorianGerstenl The individual outputs are PLAYBAYK outs. You can simply split the signal from your bass with an adapter and then go to the UMC and the bass cube.
      • March 19, 2017
    • PauloPereira
      otis123 I will recommend it to my friends. This posts is very interesting, thanks for letting us know. https://nytwordle.io
      • Nov 27
  • New
    bamedia
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-11-15

So i have a two x32s and a s32. s32 is on the stage, connected to FOH console via AES 50 A, there are 10 inputs connected to it. The othe inputs are connected to the local inputs of FOH console in sound booth. My issue is if I connect a broadcast console to the AES B port of the FOF to the AES A port of the broadcast console, I only get audio from the channels connected to the local port of the FOH console. In the FOH console local outputs are sent to the AES B port. ON the broadcast console all inputs are via AES A. Can anyone assist. Thanks

read more...
    0 3
  • KyleOber
    Contributor - Level 2
    2017-08-02
    Hi All ...

I’m hoping somebody here can recommend a source that will fully explain exactly how to get around the "M32R" only, as it is somewhat different than the M32. I realize there are a ton of Vids and commentary in regards to the M32 but I'm something of a neophyte when it comes to working with a mixing board.

In my studio I've always worked with direct inputs to the DAW from a pretty serious collection of analog outboard. The main purpose for a recently purchased M32R is so that I may use it as a sophisticated patchbay for the outboard while utilizing its internal effects for mixing. In all honesty though, I have no clue how to set it up as such.

Invariably, I’ll also use the unit for tracking in studio as it gives me additional choice of pre's etc. And of course it will enable me to record smaller bands in a club which is probably about as large a scale I want to go, presently at least.

I can't do any of this yet however as I barely know my way around it (much less any other board) although I have plugged an acoustic in and fooled around with some of the effects to get a feel for the pre's. Very cool for sure. I'm psyched to dive all the way in.

I realize there is a PDF manual online. For that matter I wish there was a hard copy available but it seems that’s a misnomer these days. Regardless I need something more than essentially just listing components in the board. Rather, a guide of how various type setups happen from beginning to end .. ie: Live setup, Computer setup, Outboard/Line setup etc. would be most illuminating. Is there such a Rosetta stone

Incidentally, I attempted to set up fader mute groups following the PDF manual and it didn't work I'm betting it's simply following an M32 directive and is somewhat different on the M32R ? I think that capped the frustration edge and prompted me to find my way here.

Any assistance appreciated and much needed. Cool little board for sure. Looking forward to using it to full potential. Thanx in advance
    read more...
    0 1,398
    • KyleOber
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Kyle,

Welcome to the forum. Here is how I setup mute groups.

* Press the Mutegroup button to the right of the display

* Press and hold the mutegroup button of your choice (1-6) at the bottom right corner of the console. What is already assigned will light up the Select button.

* To change the selections, press the desired channel select button. This will toggle the the assignment on/off (lit/unlit).

* When all desired channels are assigned (lit), press the Mutegroup button to turn off the mutegroup assignment feature.

:edit: Just realized that I was looking at the M32 image, not an M32R. I'm not so sure there are mutegroup buttons on that console.
      • August 2, 2017
    • KyleOber
      CraigFowler I'm pretty sure mute groups can be assigned in the way you explained if you first assign a mute master to the user-assign buttons, then do the press+hold thing with that assign button. Failing that, you can assign mute group (and DCA) status to individual channels\buses via the channel's own processing screen (I think it's on the 2nd layer of controls,) but you still need to put the mute masters on user assign keys to actually activate the groups.

The default routing is pretty good for a live setup.

Local Preamps 1-16 on the rear of the console are routed to ch1-16. Bus1-6 are routed to the first 6x XLR outputs on the rear of the console (useful for (stage) monitors.) The mainLR bus is routed to XLR outputs 7+8 on the rear of the console. The auxIO on the rear of the console is set up as insert pairs, ie aux1out is the send point, aux1in is the return point. You can patch in whatever outboard you want, and assign the auxes (or internal FX processors) as inserts across whatever channels\buses you want.

When it comes to mixing, the sends-on-fader button is your friend for mixing to different buses for monitors\LR.

You can patch more signals out to the auxout sockets for more monitors\subs\fills etc if you need to, but this precludes that aux pair as being used as an insert.

IIRC by default preamps1-16 are also routing straight to the ExpCard output too, so you can plug in a DAW and multitrack without any extra configuration needed on the mixer (as long as they're set to the same sample rate.)

To get signals from your DAW to the mixer: Routing>input, and set some inputs as Card X-Y. Now you've got signals for your DAW (up to 32 of them) coming in on your channels. You can apply whatever processing you want to them, and patch in your outboard inserts via the auxIO. You can then stage the channel's signal post processing\insert to an output then route that output back to the ExpCard so you can record it back in your DAW with all the processing you've just applied. The 32x32 limit and the blocks-of-8 can be annoying here though. It really depends how many signals you've got going in each direction and how much outboard you've got.

If the 6x aux pairs are not enough for your outboard, you can assign individual output sockets as DOs, patch your outboard in, and return the outboard to other auxIns\preamps and go from there. You can also do things like run channel>insert>bus>insert>bus (post insert) DO>more outboard>spare input>USB output etc, so you can soft-patch different signals to different bits of outboard equipment without needing to physically move cables around. Beware the extra latency and time alignment issues for the extra AD-DA conversions though.
      • August 2, 2017
    • KyleOber
      KyleOber Paul,

There are no Mute Group buttons on the M32R. Would make life a bit easier in that regard. Sort of squashed my first efforts at a feelgood moment on initial exploration Ironically, having set up to operate from an IPad, just to see how cool it might be, I was able to set up Mute groups in seconds as there are Mute group buttons on screen that work that work just fine. Kicker is, it only works on the IPad and doesn't translate back to the Board or over to the Assign buttons, which I can't find on the Ipad for that matter .... Go figure

Craig ...

Thank you much for the input. I''m in the process of slowly digesting all that along with acquainting myself with console basics Glad to see that it seems like I'll be able to do all that I hoped once I figure it out. The mute group thing from the board itself is still mystifying. I'm sure as things start to crystallize I'll have more questions. Just want to familiarize a bit more before hooking everything up and thinking it will magically work at first stab
      • August 4, 2017
    • KyleOber
      CraigFowler Setup>assignables on the iPad.

On the console, press the "view" button next to the assign buttons.
      • August 4, 2017
    • KyleOber
      KyleOber

Craig Fowler;128838 wrote:

On the console, press the "view" button next to the assign buttons.

Did that for sure. Frankly, it's one of the more confusing windows. Curiosity btw, from what I'm looking at there it looks like there can be 36 assignable functions ... 3 banks/12 ?

I did discover that the set of Ipad mutes I set up are activated on the board by depressing the left most encoder under the window as long as the MuteGrp button is activated. Nice to know butt when I go to the assign window i don't really see how that is represented much less showing the "3" faders i set up to mute at at the same time ?

Also, the #3 assign is blinking .. doesn't light up when pressed. The board is pretty much in factory default settings aside from the minimal changes I've played with in exploration.
      • August 5, 2017
  • New
    sabitor
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-11-14

Recently I was sent to an event at a sportshall to mix audio for TV broadcasting. We tried to get my audio system in the van to find the FOH mixer-channels via Dante. They were running Dante within their LAN system and we had our own LAN within our van. Two different IP addresses, obviously. Since we have multiple sources and switches running on the same IP network, we usually change the IP addresses on the venues to fit with our network. We didn't manage find out how to change IP address of the Midas HD96-24 mixer (FOH), so by the end we decided to run two long xlr cables to get the Stereo Mix directly from the mixer. Not the best for TV. So does anyone know how to fix this? Or is there another way of getting Dante to work between the two IP networks with different subnets? Sending unicast flows through a router would not be ideal. 

read more...
    0 1
    • sabitor
      MichalNiezbecki You can set IP address for any Dante card manually from the Dante Controller, Device Tab. Sometimes you have to reconfigure for this your PC/Mac network interface to be on the same class and subnet but after that you can return to previous settings.
      • Nov 14
  • New
    TophWag
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-11-11

So I have a UMC 1820 that I am using for podcasting. I am using 5 mic inputs and sending them to my DAW (adobe audition) via usb and doing multitrack editing. I had everyone plug their headphones into the line outputs on the back. I realized then that there was no way to have everyone hear everyone's vocals. I could only have each track output to one of the line outputs and they could hear their own voice but no one else's. There was also some latency that was kind of distracting. Any advice on how I could set up direct monitoring for all 5 people with zero latency? Is it possible to just use a headphone splitter throught the main output headphone jack? Does this interface even do direct monitoring or does it have to run through my computer? Please help!

read more...
    0 0
  • RobertLawrenceC
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-01

How to setup a x32 front house mixer and a x32 broadcast mixer

0 11
  • Steve_Trigg
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-05-28

Hi folks

I have just purchased a X2442USB for my home studio to replace my aging Studio Master desk. Everything plugged in where I expected and works fine but I can't figure out the USB recording options. I connected the USB from the desk to the PC (Windows XP) and it recognised a new device and allowed me to install it. It shows as an option if I go into the Sounds tab on the control panel so I know it is there. Cubase, however is not picking it up as a recording input option. I have a E-MU 1820m insstalled as my main soundcard. Am i missing something?

Thanks

read more...
    0 82
    • Steve_Trigg
      RexBeckett

@Steve_Trigg 

Hello Steve, welcome to the community.

Even Windows 10 is not too good at handling multiple audio interfaces at the same time. I seem to remember that Windows XP was similarly challenged. It is also possible that Cubase, like some other DAWs, needs inputs and outputs on the same device. If so, you would need to route the mixer analogue outputs through your main soundcard.

• May 28, 2020
    • Steve_Trigg
      Steve_Trigg

Hi - and thanks

I've routed audio out from the subs into the soundcard and it records perfectly well that way. Do you mean I would need to uninstall the soundcard in order to use the USB. I can stick with recording using the sub group outputs of course (which is fine) it is just a little frustrating though.

• May 28, 2020
    • Steve_Trigg
      RexBeckett

@Steve_Trigg wrote:

Hi - and thanks

I've routed audio out from the subs into the soundcard and it records perfectly well that way. Do you mean I would need to uninstall the soundcard in order to use the USB. I can stick with recording using the sub group outputs of course (which is fine) it is just a little frustrating though.

@Steve_Trigg 

I don't see why you would need to uninstall the soundcard. I think the issue is that you cannot use both interfaces with the same app. I don't think you are missing much by not using the mixer's integrated USB interface. I deliberately bypass mine to use an interface with more flexible monitoring and better latency.

• May 28, 2020
    • Steve_Trigg
      mbappr Hi I have managed to get the zoom9150 to respond by selecting foot switch 8050 on the Zoom9150 to the FCB1010 changing patches and volume on expression pedal B but no luck with A pedal for wah wah , can somone help with the wah setup in the Zoom9150 . Is it something to do with CC number's and does the Zoom9150 use that type of setting ? https://apktubes.com/
      • Oct 27
  • New
    TCH-Aaron
    Triber Moderator
    2017-10-03

...and remove the ability to select Low Cut and Low Shelf on the highest P-EQ band (band 4 on a channel, band 6 on

The M-32 iOS app and Console have this ability removed... But I can select them by using the toggle in the X-32 iOS app and scrolling through the on-screen list in the X-32 console and X-32 Rack.

This is really, REALLY disruptive during a show

read more...
    0 246
  • New
    EdgarMc
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-13

My GoXLR has been a blessing for my stream audio, but I've recently encountered an error that's utterly confounding and cripples the entire thing. In short, the Stream Output seems to have stopped functioning entirely.

Everything was working fine until one of the cables got slightly jostled, I heard a loud buzz and then nothing. To be clear, my signal chain is very basic, just my PC directly USBing into the GoXLR, and then its headphone jack into my speakers/headphones. No matter what I do, no matter whether I switch between default profiles, nothing seems to be coming out of the headphone jack.

I have audio meters set up on the GoXLR itself so I can see that audio is being transmitted through it, but as far as I can tell, none is being put out. I thought this might be hardware issue and that the headphone jack might simply be broken, but to double check I did a few resets on the GoXLR, a few plug/unplugs, and even did a fresh install of the GoXLR app. When none of that worked, I booted up OBS, only to see that it was still receiving audio from the goXLR. It really seems to just be the headphone jack that's broken. Is there anything else I can do/try to troubleshoot this? Will I have to take it in for servicing? How much of this will be covered and will this be an easy fix? I'm eager to hear any and all information you have.

read more...
    0 3
    • EdgarMc
      PedroRodrigues Hi EdgarMc, I would suggest to update the BIOS and the USB DRIVERS on your Motherboard first, when you concluded both updates and power cycle your PC, please confirm that your USB cable is in good condition and test a new cable. Please follow the guidance to set up your GOXLR accessible via the link below, please make sure all steps are followed. https://wsi.li/dl/jfsku5TMckb8C5Shh/ I hope this helps. Thank you
      • Oct 13
Go to page