98,084 posts
  • New
    Behringer
    Triber Moderator
    2021-02-04
    BC1200
    http://bit.ly/Behringer-BC1200

Learn more: https://youtu.be/1M62791l3PQ

A package of 7 drum microphones provide an accurate reproduction of the entire drum set for both live and studio applications.

List Price: $99

#Behringer #BC1200 #Microphone #Dynamic
    read more...
    1 149
  • New
    Dickie
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-01-31

Hi

I recently bought a Behringer BA 19A mic and after connecting it to my XR18 noticed that the self noise (background hiss) was very high. I was not happy so I sent it back and recieved a replacement the next day. :)

However the replacement, although much better than the first one I had, still has quite a high level of background hiss, which is very apparent at high gains, that is not nearly as apparent on any of my other microphones. Including some quite cheap drum overhead condenser mics. 

Is this to be expected? Was there a duff batch maybe? I do not have any others to compare against directly. But I do know that the one I have now was quite different from the one I sent back.

Now I could send this one back as well, but I am concerned that I will get a replacement that is even worse.

Is this normal for these mics as they are designed to be used at quite low gain due to normally being stuffed into a bass drum. However setting the gain to use it with a piano for example would mean high levels of hiss.

Any help appreciated.

read more...
    0 22
    • Dickie
      NathanVandersli The only thing I can suggest is that from what I see, this mic is designed for bass frequencies. Where is the level of hiss? I know it's not the best option, but a work around if the hiss frequencies are significantly higher maybe you can put in a noise gate on that channel to block the hiss. Just a thought. Of course you need to have enough separation in frequencies between the hiss and what the mic is supposed to pick up. Just a thought.
      • Feb 2
      • BA 19A Self noise
        Dickie Thanks... Whilst I understand your solution, it's kind of missing the point. I would not expect this microphone to be as noisy as it is, so it might be faulty. If there is something wrong I want to replace it... not work around it.
        • Feb 3
      • BA 19A Self noise
        NathanVandersli I am a guy who has a fair bit of mixing but not a tremendous amount I have a pretty good grasp of the fundamentals Thanks to an awesome guy who was a great teacher. He had his own business that did mixing of events, rentals, installations and more. The way he explained things to me it was common sense and I began to see some of the problems most common with people who don't really know how to mix and it's clear because of mics, placement and more.
        • Feb 7
  • New
    DanielPaine
    Triber Contributor
    2021-01-05

Could someone please share what compatible clips are available (either by Musictribe or 3rd Party) for the CB-100 Mic?

I'd like to use for tom tom drums and also sax.  At present, without a clip, this mic is not useful.

refered to here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96D72hPrLjE 

read more...
    0 58
    • DanielPaine
      DavidKnighton Hello Dr,
      I would look into any of the DPA mic clips, or might even try the Shure A56D. Can't guarantee, but that's where I would start looking.
      • Jan 5
      • Behringer CB-100 Mic Clips
        DanielPaine Thanks for info David.

Whilst a Shure A56D can clamp to the drum, it still requires some form of clip that attaches this to the mic.
        DPA mic clips are unfortunately only bespoke to DPA microphones.

The CB-100 is similar to the Thomann Ovid range, but not exact. Their range of clips cover most orchestra instruments. It would be good to have an equivalent set for the Behringer mic. If to suggest using the Ovid Clips I may as well use the their mic to insure compatibility. Having clip options from Behringer could really expand the mics usability.
        • Jan 6
  • New
    DominicJoseph
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-01

Hi 

Not getting any signal with a recently purchased BA 19A Boundary Mic, i've tried different leads and different interfaces/pre-amps but nothing is working (phantom power is on too) am i doing something wrong or is the mic faulty?

Cheers!

read more...
    0 30
    • DominicJoseph
      Nigel67 Hi Dominic. If your mixer is supplying 48V to the microphone, then it should work. If it is within 30 days of purchase, then contact the shop you purchased the mic from and ask for a DOA replacement, otherwise if over 30 days, please click on the support tab at the top of the page, scroll down the new page and submit a service ticket. A colleague will then get back to you.
      • Jan 3
  • PopIcon
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-09
    Can you tell me where I can get four of these please?
    0 47
    • PopIcon
      Dale_M Hi, you simply need to go to support and raise a care ticket, chose spare parts and submit,the team will get back to you as soon as possible.
      • July 10, 2020