Statistics

223,657 members
97,874 posts
  • New
    Luiz15
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-12

Ciao, chiedvo come fare per installere il software  per la registrazione degli strumenti tramite il mixer? 

0 5
  • New
    jwidee
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-11

Im looking to purchase the x32 for live sound, can i use a Bus with a computer to mix for live webcasting also? And if so, will I have access to all the features on that Bus to make eq adjustments as needed, and not affect the FOH

0 12
    • jwidee
      Paul_Vannatto Hi John, yes you can use a bus (or bus stereo linked pair) for livestreaming. That is how my church has it setup. If the channel sends are setup with one of the pre-fader taps, respective changes to FOH will not affect the livestream.
      • Apr 11
      • x32
        jwidee So I can have one guy mixing live sound for FOH, and use the usb from the x32 to a pc and bring the x32 software up and mix the live stream from there, and have it configured so live mixing does not affect live stream, or Live stream mixing will not affect FOH mixing? Is this correct? I want to have someone mixing FOH and someone mixing Live Stream.
        • Apr 11
      • x32
        KevinMaxwell NO!!!
        • Apr 11
      • x32
        jwidee Why not Kevin? Explain please...
        • Apr 11
      • x32
        KevinMaxwell You would have to do what I mentioned with something like Ableton live unless you want to take a prefader MixBus send and have no processing at all on your streaming feed. If you use less then 16 inputs you could assign each input to 2 different channels and use one set of them to mix the stream and the other to mix the house. Or another way to do it is to use something like the Midas M32c (CORE) and mix the stream thru that and the hose thru the X32. Connecting the M32C to the AES50 on each unit to get the inputs from the X32.
        • Apr 11
    • jwidee
      jwidee So, can you control the x32 from a pc?
      • Apr 11
    • jwidee
      KevinMaxwell I know a church that has an X32 and they are using Ableton live to mix their streaming feed. The computer is connected to the USB connector on X32 card in the back of the X32. By default the outputs to the USB are pre all processing. They then take the output of that computer to feed the streaming device. This is the simple explanation of what they are doing. The X32 edit software is basically a way to remotely control the X32 it doesn’t take the audio into the computer at all.
      • Apr 11
    • jwidee
      Paul_Vannatto The answer to your first question (mix livestream independent to FOH), the answer is yes - with caveats. The answer to your second question (control X32 from a PC) the answer is definitely yes.

The caveats I mentioned is are as follows:
      * Each channel strip has one gate, EQ, compressor, etc. This means that for instance you want separate channel EQ, compressor, etc. for livestream and FOH, you will need to use 2 channel strips (with the same source) where one channel strip will process the signals for FOH and the other process the signals for livestream.
      * The channel strip sends (to the mixbus) taps will determine what channel processing will be included in the processing of the signals to that mixbus. For example, at our church, we have all of the channel sends to mixbus 9/10 (for livestream) set as pre-fader. That means that the gate, EQ and compressor processing for FOH will also affect the signals to the livestream, but not the fader levels, pans, etc. That was our decision for simplicity (livestream techs are volunteers with limited experience with sound). If the taps were set as pre EQ, (and the compressor is set as post EQ), then only the gate processing affects both FOH and livestream.
      * Preamp gain and phantom are pre everything, meaning that changes to these will affect all, including FOH, monitors, livestream, other feeds, etc.
      • Apr 11
    • jwidee
      GeorgeDougherty If I were setting things up, I'd do one of two things.
      First option with only one console:
      Use a mixbus to create a plus mix on top of the Main FOH mix. Send both the Main Mix (don't do any EQ on the Main mix) and the Plus mixbus to a stereo Matrix. This allows for a single engineer to mix FOH live and build a compensating mix that accounts for Drums and guitar amplifiers that may already be loud in the room.
      This is what I do on a Wing at my church with great results. On the Wing, I also have a room only mix that allows me to send more reverb into the room so reverb levels sound natural on both the stream and live. My outputs in the room are sourced from another set of matrix mixes. so I can route the main mix plus the other mixbuses where needed.
      If you have a dedicated stream engineer they can work with the FOH engineer to craft a solid mix from the Main mix and Mix plus mixbus with far less effort. The mix plus should be post-fader unless you want to be controlling faders all the time. It took me a few weeks of tweaking to get levels balanced but our stream now sounds as good or better than our house mix.

Second option where you have a dedicated stream engineer:
      Link an X32 compact and share the inputs via AESS50. I've spent years mixing an X32 rack via iPad all over the world and I still prefer having a physical surface under my fingertips. If I'm mixing for a stream, I definitely want a physical control surface. The M32C would work, but you're SOL if the network connection drops for any reason.
      • 3 hours ago
  • New
    Dberry
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-10

Hi guys. I just got an M32 for FOH. I want to be able to use all 16 buses for stereo sub mixes and effects sends at FOH.

I then want to use the X32 Rack that is on SR as the monitor board, using 1-14 busses for monitors.

I want the gain knob on the x32 Rack to be my master gain for both boards so I can set gain onstage while getting instrument level checks from the band.

I want the s16 by the drums for inputs 1-16 (drums and some back line instrument) and the the x32 Rack inputs for 17-32 (frontline vocals and instruments. 

*EDIT* 
    I want outputs 1-8 to come from the x32 Rack for monitor mixes or L and R
    I want outputs 9-16 to come from the S16 for monitor mixes or L and R
    LEFT and RIGHT can come from either the S16 or the X32
    *END EDIT*

The M32 at FOH will not require any input or outputs except for a talkback mic to communicate with the band and or audiance anouchments and a laptop into a set of Aux's for music playback. All that will be running to FOH will be the talk back mic, laptop and an Eithercon cable.

My main goal here is to be able to use all 16 busses at FOH for 12 sub mixes and 4 FX's. Then have all 16 buses on stage from the X32 rack and s16 for monitor mixes.

I won't have a monitor engineer so I thought I would set gain on stage and setup a quick wedge and IEM mix for the band, then move to FOH for sound check. Since I am running IEMs I want to be able to make EQ, gate, and Comp adustments at FOH without it chaining their IEM mixes. I am not that thrilled about have two Seperate board mixes but I do want all of my FOH buses for sub mixes so I can compress the sub mixes and make group eq changes on the sub mixes. 

Is this possible, or is there a better way. I just don't want to eat up all of my FOH buses on monitors and not have them available for effects and sub mixes. 

read more...
    0 17
    • Dberry
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Danny, for the most part, most everything you listed that you want can be done, except for the following:
      * "outputs 15 and 16 to come from the X32 Rack for Left and Right to the mains". The X32 Rack does not have physical outputs 15/16. It has 8 XLR outputs and 6 Aux (1/4") output levels.
      * The Main LR from FOH should not be routed to the X32 Rack Aux Outs, due to a slight drop in outputs.
      * Also the 4 IEM's should be stereo. Those that use IEMs prefer stereo rather than mono.
      * What about outputs for subs?
      Looking at those requirement, I would suggest you consider adding another stagebox, such as the SD8 that would provide more physical outputs.
      • Apr 10
      • Need routing assistance for m32 FOH, X32 rack stage monitor mixer and S16 digital snake
        Dberry Yes your right. I said 15 and 16 meaning 7 and 8 because of the outputs. As you know, I have 8 on the s16 and 8 on the x32 so i just misstated the number. So really from the x32 it would be better to have 1-4 got to IEM in the rack the 5-8 going to Front line monitors (4 mixes). Then I could use 1-4 from the s16 for drum monitor and 3 other wedge mixes. 7 and 8 from the S16 could run to the main L R.
        • Apr 10
    • Dberry
      CraigFowler Need some clarification. In the first sentence you say you want to use the M32's 16 buses for stereo submixes and *FX* sends at FOH. That's fine.
      Later on you say that your main goal is to use all 16 buses at FOH for 12 submixes and 4 *monitor* sends. If you're doing this, presumably you want to output those monitor sends on stage. Given that you've only got 16x XLR on stage, and you're already using 14x of them for the Rack's buses + 2x of them for LR from the FOH console, where were you planning to output those extra 4x monitor sends from FOH?

Presuming you meant FOH buses only get used for FOH things, as Paul mentions, 14x monitors from the X32Rack + LR from FOH can fit on the 16x XLR sockets between the X32Rack and the S16. However you've said that you only want to use 4x outputs on the S16 for bus 9-12, which means trying to fit 12x signals on the X32Rack's 8x XLR outputs, which doesn't fit. You could use the X32Rack's TRS sockets for the other 4x signals, however personally I'd prefer to not use the X32Rack's TRS outputs, as they have 5dB less headroom than the XLR sockets. A patricularly hot mix may be fine on the XLR sockets, but might clip on the TRS sockets. If you don't want to buy any additional hardware like an SD8 to get extra output sockets, you may have to use more than 4 outputs on the S16, or make sure that the mixes you're outputing on the X32Rack's TRS sockets aren't too hot.

As Paul also mentions, you mention using outputs 1-8 on the X32Rack for 4x IEMs + 4x wedges. This indicates that the IEMs will be mono. If you can save buses at all, try to get IEMs stereo. Musicians find it a lot easier with IEMs if you can give them a stereo band mix and run their own channels straight up the middle. If the X32Rack is only being used for monitors, you can use its LR bus as a separate stereo mix (if you can make the physical output for it.)

Re the gain; if you're not going to have a Monitor Engineer, you may as well set the FOH console to control gain, then once it's set enable HA gain split on FOH so that further gain changes won't affect monitors. You could also control the X32Rack from the Laptop @ FOH using Edit if you can run an extra Ethernet cable from the stage to FOH and have a router. Either of these solutions mean you don't have to actually set gain on the Rack; you can do everything from the FOH mix position. If you are going to dial in quick wedge mixes from stage, I'd recommend you involve a wifi router and a tablet so you can stand in front of the wedges as you dial it in, instead of trying to do it from sidestage.

If you are going to be trying to mix monitors from the FOH mix position, I'd recommend routing the X32Rack's solo bus back to FOH, and using Edit on the laptop\tablet @ FOH connected to the X32Rack so you can solo the monitor mixes from the FOH mix position and hear your changes.

PS, If you don't have a Monitor Engineer, running FOH for a 32 channel show + 14+ monitor mixes all from FOH is a lot of work for one person... Good luck with it.
      • Apr 10
      • Need routing assistance for m32 FOH, X32 rack stage monitor mixer and S16 digital snake
        Dberry Yes sorry, I meant sub mixes and *FX* at FOH. Also, yes the x32 rack will will be ran from an IPad to ring out monitors and walk around the stage.
        • Apr 10
        Dberry I would love the gain control at FOH but I usually set gain when I am on the stage. When I sound check, I normally stand on stage with the band so I can talk to them. I set gain on every line then while standing with the members in front of their monitors, I set their monitors where I can hear what they are getting. I normally go through level settings with the faders down, then set monitors. Then I have them go back around each input and set FOH EQ, gates, comp, levels. I have always just used a x32 rack and S16 for everything but I am doing a new club install and bought an M32 live board and bought four sets of IEM since a lot of band are using IEMs in conjunction with monitors these days. Because of this FOH won’t use inputs and outputs, just cat 5. I also needed more busses, wanting to keep the 16 FOH for sub mixes and FX and use the stage buses for monitors and IEM. So I am needing help with the routing because I am not real familiar with routing.
        • Apr 10
    • Dberry
      Dberry Let me try to make this easier.

Gear
      M32 Live FOH (16 busses for 6 stereo sub mixes and 4 FX)
      FOH will have a talk back for announcements and a laptop for playback music through a couple of AUX.
      Router and IPAD for X32 Rack
      X32 Rack - Stage
      S16 Digital - Snake Stage
      4X4 analog snake to run to front of stage for front line monitors and vocal mics.
      6 Wedge Mixes
      4 IEM - Shure PSM 300 (mono or stereo) 4 or 8 outs
      2 outputs (Left and Right)
      So I need 16 Outputs on stage
      I don't run subs on a bus - I have a BSS Blu-100 that runs my mains, so I just run L and R out.

I like to set levels on stage with the band, then set monitors after line check.
      This is why I like the gain coming from the X32 via the IPAD.
      Then I go to FOH and set EQ, Gates, Comp, and FOH mix.
      I have been running monitors and FOH many years by myself so I have a process as mentioned above. Most players can adjust their monitor mixes as needed during the show from iPhones etc..
      I provide the drummer an IPAD as well for his mix since most drummers use IEMS.
      I can make adjustments as needed from the iPad or X32 edit via router to the X32 rack from FOH during the show as needed for monitor mix changes.
      Is it possible to do the gain split and still have control of gain while at FOH after setting the stage gains?

With this in mind, I am new to the physical console. I have always just used a X32 Rack and S16 because I have always been a mobile sound guy. I just bought the M32 Live because I am doing a house install in a really nice club.

With this information how would you setup routing so that I can have these busses as stated above and be able to make FOH changes on the channel strip without it affecting IEM mixes?

I am a very seasoned sound engineer, just new to the routing of these boards so I am asking for advise on the best way to set it up and some help setting it within all the routing tabs.
      • Apr 10
        Paul_Vannatto Thanks Danny. That looks much better. The only snag I see now is if you have the 4 IEMs in the same rack as the X32 Rack and dedicate the 8 XLR outputs for the stereo feed for those 4 IEMs, that would force you to use the S16 outputs for all wedges and Main LR. If the S16 is to be place beside the drummer (ideal for the inputs), it would make it awkward for the 4 front wedges and Main LR. For that reason I would highly suggest you invest in an SD8 stagebox (8 XLR inputs, 8 XLR outputs, 2 Ultranet) and place it front-center to provide for the 4 front wedges and Main LR.

I also work as a mobile sound guy with my 2 X32 Racks (one as backup), 2 SD8 and 1 SD16 and find that the flexibility of the added stageboxes is worth its weight in gold. It really reduced the cable spaghetti onstage.

I can provide the routing for both scenarios (with X32 Rack/S16 and X32 Rack/S16/SD8) if you so wish.

Regarding the preamp control (gains and phantom), by default, the console closest to the preamps (preamps are an integral part of the XLR jacks) control the preamps and only one console can control the preamps at any one time. Since in your case the X32 is closest to the S16 (connection-wise), if you wish the M32 FOH console to gain control, you would relinquish control on X32 Rack (Setup, preamps, HA Remote, AES50 A or B) to what is connected to the appropriate AES50 port. If you wish a split gain control, you can enable the HA Gain split (Setup, preamps) which will provide all consoles with a digital gain (+-18 db). With that enabled, the console controlling the physical gain would have to do it on the Setup, preamps screen (instead of on the channel strip, config screen).
        • Apr 11
        Dberry I need to buy a few more things for the install so an additional stage box is not on the list currently. I have several analog snakes, one is a 4x4, that I run to the front of the stage for the monitors and vocal mics. Since this is an install, and the snake is 50 foot, I can run it under the stage then up under the drum stage for a clean install and just leave it connected to the S16. Same for the Left and Right Out. I also have various other snakes I can put around the stage as needed.

In a perfect world I would have everything digital but its not all cheap. Since I am eventually wanting to get a Midas DL32 for the better pre-amps, I would rather save up to buy that then the SD8, but I would still have to run analog snakes to various locations on the stage. Just he nature of the beast I guess.

I am still not understanding the gain split so for now let keep the gains on the X32 Rack since I set gain on stage with an Ipad then set monitor mixes with the band. I can always use the ipad or M32 edit at the sound booth to make adjustments as needed. Once gain is set, I don't normally make changes because it affects the monitors as well.

If you can send me the routing for the Midas M32, X32 and S32 setup that would be great.

The only other thing I can think of is if I could run the talkback to an AUX then somehow feed it to the X32 rack as a talkback into the monitors to talk to the performers as needed from front of house, that would be optimal. I am sure this can be done in routing but as I say, I don't understand the routing as well as mixing and running a stage.
        • Apr 11
    • Dberry
      Dberry I am not set on having a separate monitor mix to deal with but I need the busses because I like to run compression on the sub groups as well as the channels so I can go with light compression on the channels and more aggressive sub compression on the sub mixes. Then I can use DCA's running 1-32 to one DCA and the sub mixes to another DCA. This allows me to change the DCA mix as need to give more dynamics on softer songs then more compression on heavy songs. I use DCA for solo instruments such as turning up guitar solos or lead vocals and effects so I can work on one set of faders, but again this comes from always running an IPAD and wanting to sit on the DCA page once a good mix is set. Im sure I will change my thinking once I start using a physical board. I just don't see enough busses just using the M32 since I have added IEM units for the bands to use in this new club. I looks like i need 16 busses FOH and 14 for stage mixes.
      • Apr 10
    • Dberry
      KevinMaxwell Do you already have the M32 and the X32 rack and the S16? If not I would do it differently. It seems like a waste to use a Behringer stage box and have the Midas pre-amps going to waste in the M32.
      • Apr 11
        Dberry I already had the X32 and S16. I bought the M32 because of its better build and warranty/. I understand that the preamps are better but again, I have what I have. I will have to live with the X32 pre-amps until I have the money to buy a Midas DL32 stage box.
        • Apr 11
        KevinMaxwell I understand so I won’t write up my suggestions then.

But I will make a different suggestion and I am not sure if you have spare inputs to makes this work. I did this with a setup with an X32 in the broadcast control room and an X32Rack behind stage for the IEM mix and at FOH is an Avid console. I had a bunch of analog lines not being used so I took the Monitor outputs (balanced ¼” TRS) on the X32Rack and feed that back to the Avid console. Those inputs on the Avid aren’t routed to go anywhere but to enable you to solo (on the Avid) so you can listed to what you solo on the X32Rack controlling that function with a computer or a tablet. This enables you to listen to (solo) the MixBus sends on the X32 rack so if one of the musicians needs help with their mix you can hear what their mix is and help them out.

This might be able to be routed on the X32Rack by using ¼” TRS to XLR cables from the monitor outputs to a couple of spare channel inputs or maybe even to a couple of aux inputs. You just need to be sure to mute the MixBus sends to avoid someone sending that monitor signal to somewhere it shouldn’t be.

To anyone else following along unless you really know what you are doing don’t do this because you could wind up with a nasty loop.
        • Apr 11
  • New
    Andrew25
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-04-12

Our band uses the xr18 mixer for all our gigs and sometimes we have to connect the main outs into the house console at a venue.

Do the XR18 XLR outs have phantom power protection? 

0 5
  • New
    JoshuaUweye
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-04-10

Hi, Is it possible to use 2 S32 Stage Boxes with the WING Console at the same time? I'm trying to achieve 64 and above channels for use for my choir, If that's possible, what is the process and if not, how do I achieve more than 48 channels on the WING?

read more...
    0 12
    • JoshuaUweye
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Joshua, yes you can use 2 S32 with the Wing. The Wing has 48 channel strips. Each channel strip can be configured as mono (one input), stereo (2 stereo paired inputs) or mid-side (2 inputs setup in a mid-side configuration). That means that if you have 32 mono inputs and 16 stereo inputs, the Wing can mix them.
      • Apr 10
    • JoshuaUweye
      GaryHiggins Wing-Dante expansion card coming soon (can buy now), 64x64 ch, Dante controller to rout, DVS for DAW recording. The Wing being all about sources can direct it all, still can only mix 48 at a time at the surface but the hardware routing should still function device to device within Dante network. You can record 64 ch’s at your DAW. Would take some setup and experimentation for sure, could be interesting. A thought anyway.
      • Apr 10
    • JoshuaUweye
      GeorgeDougherty Yes, you could use 2 S32's. You'll need to use two snake lines and put them on separate AES50 links. AES50 is only 48 channels bidirectional.

If you really need to mix 64 channels, the Wing is not going to fit the bill. You can maybe make up some channels by using stereo channels on piano, keys, possibly OH's but a full acoustic setup with 64 channels for a choir it's a bit much to ask of a 40 channel console. Yes, it can mix 48, but 8 of those are really your aux input type channels without dynamics processing.

A submixer with the Wing or a Midas Pro 2 or better is the only thing in the Musictribe family. Otherwise you're looking at another manufacturer like an A&H DLive, Yamaha QL5, CL3 or CL5, SSL Live console or a Digico to name a few.
      • Apr 11
    • JoshuaUweye
      StephenEvans If lots of the choir mics are the same type and micing similar ish level/tone then you can possibly pair them up into stereo channels, and use the width control to choose whether to keep them stereo or mix to mono. This way you would still have a max of 48 channels, but your choir mics would be two mics per channel. This may work out quite well in terms of having fewer faders and channels to set up for your choir mics, or it might be a pain if you want to process them all differently.
      • 12 hours ago
    • JoshuaUweye
      JoshuaUweye

Thanks so much for the responses, now I know better. These responses will guide my next line of action

• 7 hours ago
  • New
    bcolgate
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-09

Howdy.

Long time user, first time poster.

I've had a couple of trouble tickets opened, but never any responses.  One got closed without my knowing, and another that I started at the beginning of the week, well, it's difficult to know if anyone in support is even looking at these things.  There doesn't seem to be a way to get anyone's attention, so I'm trying this.  I need a part for a new, broken XR18.  Seems simple, but without a service manual or a way to get parts, I'm tempted to just throw it in the trash and forget about Behringer.  

Would be so grateful if someone could either point me in the right direction, or confirm my suspicions that end-user part purchasing is discouraged.  If anyone in Behringer want to help, it's ticket CAS-438452-Z0F3C6.  Thanks!

read more...
    0 9
    • bcolgate
      Nigel67 Hi bcolgate. I am very sorry for the delay in the Spares Team getting back to you. I have checked the case and it is with a colleague. I will send them a message and ask if they can advise you today of the information you require. With regards to a service manual, unfortunately we are not permitted to e-mail them out unless you are one of our Service Centres.
      • 17 hours ago
  • New
    samspoons
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-10

I use my X32 Compact in my studio since retiring from live sound. I use the [Mon Out] for driving my studio monitors. I would like to be able to mute the speakers without muting the headphone outputs when recording alone as it's more convenient than routing cue mixes through alternative buses to my headhhone system.

I'm pretty sure this can't be done but before I build or buy an external a solution has anybody got any suggestions as to how it could be done in the X32?

read more...
    0 7
    • samspoons
      Paul_Vannatto Hey samspoons, the monitor outputs and headphones are hardwired together. Why not setup a mixbus pair for the studio monitors, send the channel signals as post fader, and assign these mixbuses to outputs (XLR or Aux) on the back of the Compact. To emulate soloing, you could enable/disable the channel sends (on - opposite to mutes). If you wanted, I could create an interface based on the Live Toolbox engine to emulate soloing.
      • Apr 10
      • X32 Compact Monitor outputs
        samspoons Thanks Paul, I thought that was the case. As you rightly guessed it's soloing over the monitors that is the bit I'd miss. I'm also at a fairly advanced stage planning to build a hardware monitor controller tailored to my exact needs (and expandable in the future if required. The alternative is to buy either a Mackie Big Knob Passive or a Palmer Monicon L both of which would get the job done. I haven't spent any money yet but am seeing advantages to the hardware as I proceed. I think that's probably the way I'll go as there is not a simple solution in the X32. Thanks for the offer of the software solution BTW, I'll let you know if I have a rethink.

I like the workflow, when recording just me, of having the main mix as my cue mix and even a simple hardware mute button between the Mon Outs and the monitors would do the job, that, at least, is something I could easily build using stuff I have in stock. I might do that first and see how convenient it is before spending money and time.
        • Apr 10
    • samspoons
      CraigFowler If you have the spare outputs, you could assign them to the solo bus and feed your monitors from there. Write a couple of snippets to assign\unassign the cue bus from those outputs, and assign the recall\cycling of those snippets to a uak. Press the uak, suddenly nothing is assigned to the output sockets, essentially muting the speakers. Press the uak again, the cue bus is assigned to the output sockets, and they start making noise.
      • Apr 11
  • New
    Mike7300
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-10

I have 3 wireless monitor units plugged into the X32 Rack ours 1-6.  All three are using stereo so 2 channels each.  And I'm using Mix Buses 1-6 for those.  So far so good.  But now I have a 4th wireless monitor unit and no more XLR outs so I'm going to Aux outs 1 and 2.  How do I assign Mix Buses 7 and 8 to those outs? Thanks 

read more...
    0 5
    • Mike7300
      RexBeckett Hi Mike, you do that on the Routing -> Aux Out tab. See the attached screenshot from X32-Edit. You can also configure it directly on the console if required.
      • Apr 10
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300 I see it. Do I want it post fader or a different option?
      • Apr 10
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300 Do I need to scan for frequencies everytime I do a show somewhere new? If so is it the same process as I did when setting up the transmitter at my rehearsal space - so scanning then selecting a bank and channel to use? As an FYI only doing local shows 2 hours or less from rehearsal space if that makes a difference.
      • Apr 11
      • Setting Monitor Mix Bus on X32 Rack
        RexBeckett I think it does make sense to check that your wireless devices are free from interference during setup. It is much harder to fix problems after the show has started. This applies to all venues as new equipment could have been installed nearby since your last visit.

If your wireless gear includes good functions for locating clear bands and channels then I recommend using them for each get-in.
        • 15 hours ago
  • New
    Mike7300
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-08

Was wondering if anybody's put together an IEM system that includes the X32 Rack and if so what rack case depth you went with. Thanks 

0 14
    • Mike7300
      Paul_Vannatto My cases (self made) for my 2 X32 Racks are 14" deep.
      • Apr 7
    • Mike7300
      Dale_M It's also worth ensuring there is adequate room for the vent on the side of the X32 Rack to get air circulation.
      • Apr 8
    • Mike7300
      DavidKnighton Hello Mike,
      You may want to check out X32Rack owners group on facebook. You're sure to get some great examples from the X32 community.
      • Apr 8
    • Mike7300
      GeorgeDougherty Check specs on the X32 for depth then make sure you've got at least another 4 inches to the back cover.
      • Apr 11
  • New
    Mt87
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-11

Hello !Im total newbie  and im looking for step by step  guide :)I wonder does anyone here use his x32 4.1 firmware as audio interface  with akai mpc renaissance (2.5 software as DAW)?

I hooked up my synth to console set up audio device as x-usb but how to do routing on console that i can send midi or audio thru x32 to mpc  from synth to have it on track in akai software , then each track set on each channel on console .

How to set up console and mpc to achive that? Im really struggling and need help with that please. I appreciate any good link or video which explain this please. Cheers!

read more...
    0 5
    • Mt87
      Paul_Vannatto Midi on the X32 is designed for limited control (eg. faders, mutes, etc.) of the X32 only. You cannot send midi through the X32 as you are wanting.

The USB output of the X-USB card is designed to interface with a computer (and DAW), just like the USB output of the Akai MPC Renaissance console. They are not designed to connect to each other.
      • Apr 11
    • Mt87
      Mt87 ok as You say i cannot directly connect midi ports of x32 with midi on mpc if i want to play external synth. Before i connect by hooking synth and mpc in/out .But if x32 is as well audio interface i thought is better way to do that. I dont connect usb card to mpc but to PC which runs software and this mpc is more like midi controller. Mpc software is my DAW here.
      • Apr 11
Go to page