Statistics

299,779 members
183,556 posts
  • New
    joelittle84
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-09-06

Hi there, 

Just got the MR18 and we love it so far, but it is still new to us.  We control all of our monitor mixes, mostly wireless in-ear, a  powered monitor here and there.  Additionally we like to record our shows to logic, also a pretty easy and power process.  We are trying to figure out our options for when we are bring out our MR18 to a club or even that already has Sound.  We are pretty much maxed out on our Aux sends and can give the mix engineers the LR output, but that is limiting.  Additionally, we are also getting some push back to handing off our tablet and letting them mix the FOH via the app.  Most engineers like their own gear, understandably, and not everyone is on digital gear. So what can we do to get the house sound crew our indivual inputs but still use the MR18 to give us our monitor controls that we like and recordings like we have been making?  I was thinking of some sort of splitter of some sort to send out to any and all sound systems where they can get our inputs, and we can handle our monitors ourselves. But not even sure if they make such products.  Thanks in advance for the help! 

read more...
    0 11
    • joelittle84
      Paul_Vannatto Yes they do make channel splitters, such as the Art S8, Behringer MS8000, etc. I just picked up 2 used MS8000 for that particular purpose.
      • Sep 6
  • New
    DPenn1000
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-09-05

I have been using two SoF busses for a vocal buss and then an instrument buss with its compression side chained to the vocal buss to make room for the vocals when the vocals present themsleves in a busy mix. I also need 6 auxes as monitor mixes. It occurred to me today that I could repourpose two FX busses serve as the other two monitor mixes. I set it up in the GUI but haven't had time to test it out yet. I'm wondering of it would be better to use the FX busses as the vocal/inst busses and keep the native busses on monitor duty. Any suggestions?

read more...
    0 4
    • DPenn1000
      Paul_Vannatto The problem is that the FX buses are post fader and can't be changed. This will create an issues when repurposing for monitors or submixes. This last weekend I did sound for a Paul McCartney tribute band with 32 inputs (X32 Rack for monitors, Wing for FOH, SD8 and SD16) and did not have to submix vocals and instruments (with sidechain) in order to get the vocals on top of the mix.
      • Sep 5
  • New
    pioneerworksav
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2022-08-31

hello

a client has an M32R that started doing a peculiar thing this morning - when they turned it on it began booting up as usual, and then it rebooted and started over the boot process, and then it rebooted again, and it never finished booting up.  they didn't change anything

they were able to update the firmware using the alternate mode, but it continues to reboot

has anyone ever seen this? 

is there a way to boot it in some sort of safe mode...? 

thanks

Bb

read more...
    0 6
    • pioneerworksav
      Nigel67 Hi pioneerworksav. It could be a power supply failure, the micro sd card needing reseating or maybe the MCU pcb needing to be reseated. I would advise submitting a Technical Support ticket and we will be able to help you further as the M32R may still be under warranty. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Technical Support tab and submit a ticket.
      • Sep 5
  • New
    dschutt23
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-07-25

I am using the MAir app on my iPad and I am wondering if it is possible to adjust effects independently between monitors and mains. Right now, when I turn reverb up in mains it turns it up in monitors as well.

0 9
    • dschutt23
      Paul_Vannatto Change the FX Return sends tap from post fader to pre-fade (or any of the other pre fader taps)
      • Jul 25
    • dschutt23
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. When looking at the software you should see you have FX Sends and FX Returns. If you raise the FX Sends it will raise the FX everywhere they are sent. If you raise the FX Returns in the Main mix it should only affect the main mix, and you can use the sends on fader mode to raise the FX Returns to the Busses. The FX Returns should be Green channels labeled FX 1 R, FX 1 L etc.
      • Jul 25
  • New
    jmac06
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-08-31

I've did a firmware update on the Midas M32 about 2 weeks ago. Here Recently when I turn on the M32 and then turn on the DL 32 I was getting a popping sound. So I thought it was the ethernet cable or the cat5 cable. So I bought a cat 5E cable. But now when I turn on the board it isn't recognizing the DL 32 unless I go into the clock source and change it from AES50 A and back to internal. Am I supposed to do a firmware update on the DL 32?

read more...
    0 16
    • jmac06
      Paul_Vannatto Make sure the AES50 cable (between the M32 and DL32) is shielded cat5e/cat6/cat7 with ethercon ends on each end and there is continuity between the ethercon ends.
      • Aug 31
      • Issue with M32 and DL32 connection
        jmac06 Yes the new cable is shielded and it’s a cat5e but there is no signal until I switch the clock source.
        • Aug 31
    • jmac06
      Paul_Vannatto Clock source should always be Internal, since the DL32 has no wordclock. Also get ethercon ends put on that AES50 cable.
      • Aug 31
    • jmac06
      jmac06

Yes I have ethercon ends on the new cable. And yes the clock source it’s always on internal but the new firmware update allows you to change it so i change it to AES50 A and back to internal and it syncs up but that’s the problem because It should sync up automatically internal.

• Sep 1
  • New
    Alphatec
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-08-26

I noticed a few things while demoing the HD96. 
    1. The Main LR+Mono fader bank section becomes inactive suddenly.  I have to boot the console to get it working again or if that doesn't work then I have to factory reset the console. Please find the attached picture for reference.
    2. Whenever I login from one cloud account to another cloud account, the console reboots. 
    3. Recently while I was using the console in a trade show. No input was given in the local input of the console,suddenly all 8 local inputs generated digital noise but it wasn't audible. Even after connecting the microphone to local input, no signal was passing through. I have attached a video for your reference.
    4. Today when i'm working on the session,i'm not getting any signal from both the headphone output of the console. I did factory reset, delete network settings. still not getting any signal through headphone output. 

Our console software version is 1.21.0 

read more...
    0 19
    • Alphatec
      Dale_M Hello there, can you please update to the latest 1.21.1 and if there is no improvement, go to the support tab above and submit a TECHNICAL ticket to us so we can assist you, any videos or images would be much appreciated too.
      • Aug 26
  • New
    SionJones
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-08-04

Hey all.
    We've been playing with a HD96-24 and it looks almost perfect for our needs, however I have two little observations and was wondering if anyone knows if such things might be adressed in a future update.

MIDI control.
    We cover live sports events, and on our current setup we use a little GPIO to MIDI box so that when the vision mixer cuts to a certain camera, the channel for the relevant microphone is automatically unmuted.
    For example, when the director cuts to the team manager, the camera-mounted microphone is automatically opened.

Currently on the HD96, MIDI control only allows recalling scenes, and not any other function. Whilst we could theoretically bodge something so that a certain scene is recalled, it's less than elegant, and could prove problematic since we use scene/memory recall for other functions.

Is there any update in the pipeline that might enable more functions to be triggered via MIDI?

One of the things we use scene/memory recall for is to change the state of various sends and master bus on/off for different sections of our shows. We have coverage in multiple languages, and need to tie in and merge different presenters and commentators to chat among each other to give a complete overview and introduction, before separating off into their own separate coverage.

The scene recall safe on the HD96 currently links the fader with the master bus on/off, so I can't recall the state for one without affecting the other.

Again, is there any idea on an update that might allow seperate recall safe of fader and master bus send?

read more...
    0 13
    • SionJones
      Nigel67 Hi SionJones. I will put these questions to the Design Team and get back to you shortly.
      • Aug 8
      • HD96-24 MIDI control and scene recall questions/minor gripes
        SionJones excellent, thank you.
        • Aug 8
      • HD96-24 MIDI control and scene recall questions/minor gripes
        Nigel67 Hi SionJones. At the moment there is not anything specific in the pipeline that would cover the two questions that you have made, but the Design Team are very interested in understanding your requirements and discussing any enhancements that could be made to the HD96. I am going to send you an e-mail today. If it is not in your inbox by the end of today, please also check your spam and junk folder. Many thanks
        • ·
        • Aug 9
    • SionJones
      KevinMaxwell Have you tried hooking up a computer (with a Midi Interface) to the Midi output port and using a program like Midi-OX and moving faders and pushing buttons to see if the Mixer is outputting Midi for anything? Some times there are somethings enabled that have not been made public yet and even sometimes hardly anyone in the company is aware of that. But it can be dangerous to rely on it to continue working if someone put it in there without it being known. It may get disabled in the next firmware.

I wanted to clarify what I was referring to. If you have what is firmware that a developer was playing around with something and it isn't documented you may not be able to rely on it not being changed without notice. If it is a documented feature then it shouldn't just disappear. I have hidden things in software I was developing that unless you knew where to look for them you would never find them. But they may be things that will not make it to the final release.
      • Aug 26
  • New
    Andrei01
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-08-26

Team,

Good day! Is there a workaround without replacing the LCD?

TIA!

0 8
    • Andrei01
      Dale_M Hi there, can you please send us a Technical ticket via the above support tab? If this is still in warranty we may be able to assist you, if it's not we can still give you some advice.
      • Aug 26
  • New
    MBO91
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-08-22

Hi, 

On my HD06 (4 weeks old), fader 11 don't get the right position on recall. I can't find any calibration function, or any reference on the manual. Am I missing something ?

(Already reboot, test with a new session, etc...)

Thanks for your help !

Michel.

read more...
    0 58
    • MBO91
      Nigel67 Hi MB091. I will send you an e-mail shortly as this is not a fader calibration issue but looks as though one of your faders has developed a fault. If you have not received an e-mail in the next few hours, please also check your Spam and Junk inbox. Many thanks.
      • Aug 22
  • New
    luissound
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-08-23

Donde lo consigo 

0 18
Go to page