Statistics

249,406 members
126,411 posts
  • GuntherMai
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-01

... is still missing. 3.4.4 is not working with a console file including VSS4 (performing some funny nonsense to the FX Rack) 

Hoping for soon release ... 

2 285
    • GuntherMai
      AlanLawson

Me too. This is really important and actually mission critical. How are people with Pro1 and Pro 2 consoles managing for whom the Offline Editor is a regular part of their workflow? Is an upgrade coming soon and also, can I presume it will be totally compatible with the latest Mac OS?

Ta heaps!

Alan

• October 5, 2019
  • lochsa4
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-10-03

We're currently using an M32 console with the DL32 stage box in conjunction with Ultranet P16 system (16 channels routed to Ultranet). We'd like to start integrating backing tracks from the stage, but we've run into I/O issues.  My engineer states that we don't have enough I/O to accomodate the additional channels (mostly limited on the output routing). I'm wondering if adding a dl16 at the stage (daisy-chained to the dl32) would afford us more I/O routing capacity at the console? I noticed this daisy-chain example in the dl32 guide, but my engineer stated this configuration would not give us any relevant extra routing capacity at the console.

read more...
    0 213
    • lochsa4
      DaveMorrison

@lochsa4 

The AES50 bus in 48 channels in both directions. The DL32 uses 1-32 for inputs and 1-16 on Outputs with ultranet on channels 33-48. That leaves 33-48 (inputs) and 17-32 (outputs) available on a single bus. A DL16 connected to the DL32's AES50-B port will shift the DL16's inputs to 33-40 and the DL can be set to receive 17-24 for it's outputs.

However, the M32 can only use 38 inputs at a time (they can be switched with a scene change) and output count really depends on the situation. USB and direct channel outs can be done. So the answer is maybe; it depends on your needs.

The X32 rack, on the otherhand, has the same input and output count as the DL32 and a complete mixer core (the same as the M32). It would give you 16 more mixbusses, another ultranet output, more routing, and "professional monitor" mixing just like the "Big Boys".

• October 3, 2019
  • Brothero82
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-01
    M32 Mixers
    0 174
  • JeffBrooks
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-25

Anyone know where the download went for the M32 edit software?  All I see now is one for the M32C and it looks nothing like the old version that was similar to the look of the console.

0 207
    • JeffBrooks
      RexBeckett

@JeffBrooks 

The same version of M32 Edit is used with all types of M32 console. The console-like look was in an earlier release. Some members may have the old release but it might not support some of the features in the latest console firmware. 

• September 25, 2019
  • mmisound
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-09-25

I have the m32ip and i was wondering if i can put the DN ex card in this mixer.since thats the only difference the m32 live

0 295
    • mmisound
      RexBeckett

@mmisound 

Hello Michael, welcome to the community.

Do you mean the DN32-Live card? You can use this to replace the current expansion card provided you upgrade the console firmware to the latest version.

• September 25, 2019
    • mmisound
      mmisound

Thank you very much. and is that the only difference between the m32ip and m3 live?

• September 25, 2019
  • rhearst1
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-24

Hi, new to the Midas tribe.  My band has an M32R and I have downloaded the M32-midas app which we use during performances and practices.  I noticed the app has a demo mode and it would be helpful if I could drive the demo mode on my ipad with a demo song so that I could play around with the controls and improve my knowledge.  Is there a way to do that?  If yes, would it require I be connected ipad-with-the-M32R to do this or is there a way I could just work with it at home on the ipad only?

Thanks,

read more...
    0 254
    • rhearst1
      DaveMorrison

Hi @rhearst1 

The Midas control apps only transmit control data; no audio involved. Demo mode is an off-line editor. Demo mode is very useful for learning the system's layout and functionality, and scene/show preparation. Not all functionality is available in Demo mode though. 

• September 24, 2019
  • ChasHands
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-11
    My setup:

32 inputs of mic and DI into Midas DL32 Stage Box running through the Behringer Cat5 standard 50m reel to the console.  There are no secondary consoles in play.

I choose AES-50A 1-8, 9-16, 17-24, 25-32 as my input sources for the four input banks.  Everything functions as expected.

I connect the KT DN32 USB card to a Mac laptop running a current OS and a current version of ProTools to record, and I also hope to playback as a virtual soundcheck.

FYI - I also record USB flash drive copies of the LR mix each night (recording pre-LR dynamics and pre-LR EQ) so I am only capturing the sounds of the channel processing and mix blends, and I can also use those as general speaker tuning reference material at a new venue, however I would like to be able to work on individual channel sounds.

My expectation of the KT USB card would be that it is capturing raw channel signals, “post" head amp gain (in this case DL32 head amps), and “pre" any console processing (HPF, Polarity, EQ, dynamics, inserts, etc).
    Is that correct?

My expectation after I successfully captured a 32 track ProTools file - which I did - is that I could have a channel by channel virtual soundcheck from the Pro Tools playback, and work on fine tuning channel processing as if the player was playing in front of me.
    Is that correct?

I setup ProTools to recognize the DN32 as the master interface and clock source.  In ProTools, I selected the DN32 as the input device, assigned Input 1 to Channel 1, etc... up to assigning Channel 32 to Input 32, and successfully recorded a 32 channel session from the live event.

Subsequently, in ProTools, I selected the DN32 as the output device, and I assigned Ch 1 to Output 1, etc…. up to assigning Channel 32 to Output 32.

On the M32 Routing Page, on the Inputs tab, I selected Card 1-8, Card 9-16, Card 17-24, Card 25-32 as my input sources for the four input banks.

I’m expecting each channel to see an individual ProTools track associated with that channel - hopefully, coming in through a Trim knob set to “0” so that the channel sees the input at the identical gain that it would have been from the DL32 Stage Box with the original gain of “X” dB dialed in.
    Is that correct?

I’m not seeing any audio except on Channel 1 which is totally overloaded.

Do I have a Midas / KT issue, or perhaps a ProTools issue?

This seems very simple, but I'm not getting the expected result.  Comments?
    read more...
    0 639
    • ChasHands
      garyh

On the inputs page you want either local or aes50a ch’s, not card. Local for whatever m32 ch’s used and aes50a for whatever DL32 chi’s you are using. That’s when the record section (at the bottom of the inputs page in m32-edit) is set active and recording, when playback is active then you want card ch’s. You set that by selecting play at that same location. Also in card out set that to whatever inputs you used as well, that is whatever ch’s you want sent to your card to record. 

• September 11, 2019
    • ChasHands
      ChasHands

Well - obviously my earlier reply just dissappeared into the ether...

Your suggestions seem to be more oriented to using the M32 and DN32 USB card in a studio context, and exploring the abilities of the M32 as a DAW control surface.

I am not trying to go back and forth between recording and playback as if it was a recording session.  I am not trying to control the DAW.  I am also not running additional control software on a laptop (the M32Edit software?)  I am just trying to acquire 32 channels of previously recorded soundcheck material to fine tune console channel sounds at a subsequent venue. 

I am under the impresssion that I can playback DAW tracks as soundcheck material during a live concert setup without necessarily putting the M32 into "DAW Control" mode.  Is that correct?

Perhaps I have misunderstood...

You say "On the inputs page you want either local or aes50a ch’s, not card..." How would selecting my stage box or my local inputs access the playback of audio from my DAW?

To restate the details of my first post, I am initially sourcing audio from my stage box via AES50A, and routing that into a 32 track ProTools session successfully.  That was accomplished by setting M32 inputs to the appropriate AES50A banks 1-8, 9-16, 17-24, 25-32, and then by using the ProTools Playback engine setup to locate and select the KT DN32 card as the master interface, and assigning inputs 1:1... 32:32  Recording happened with no problem.

On playback, In ProTools, I  assigned each of 32 tracks of audio to the corresponding mono outputs (1:1... 32:32).  On the M32 inputs page I selected Card 1-8, 9-16, 17-24, 25-32 as my M32 channel1-32 sources.  This is where I have the problem.  I only get audio on Channel 1.

I'm not sure how your suggestion applies to my situation or what I am trying to acomplish.

Please elaborate.

• September 12, 2019
    • ChasHands
      DaveMorrison

@ChasHands 

It looks like your setup is correct. This is the way it's supposed to work. Now it's troubleshooting time. Do you really have 32 channels on the USB? Is the M32 receiving all 32? Under the Setup > Card tab, Do you have 32 In/Outs selected? If you want to post your current scene file, we can take a look.

• September 12, 2019
    • ChasHands
      ChasHands

Well, thank you for confirming that this is something that should be possible, and that my general approach seems sound.

That’s a good thought to look  at the Card set up page.  I was unaware of that page until I watched a Music Group webinar (with Justin? & John?) this morning. If I recall correctly, there are 4 options determining how many outputs and how many inputs.

As my recording happened exactly as intended, I conclude I have 32 out.

It seems like the input options were 32X32 and 32X8.

Even if it were set to 32X8, why would I only see audio on channel 1?   I think I would see audio on channels 1 through 8.

There is definitely audio evenly distributed on every on every track  of the recording.

I will be on site tomorrow, and be able to check some things and get some scene files at that time. The console is living onsite for a 10 week show.  It is possible I have an output configuration wrong in ProTools but I have also been working through that process this week, and believe I did it correctly.

• September 12, 2019
  • TrontinOlivier
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-09-06

Hello,

I've a M32C a DL153 and SD8, an Xtouch, an Ipad and a MacBook pro. My goal is having a screen follow the Xtouch select button. I've tried with Ipad M32Mix app, Mixing Station Pro (turning the "follow mixer" parameter but still not working) and after also on my Macbook pro with M32 edit app and it never follows. I prefer a wired connection but I saw a video somebody connect a BCF2000 to a android tablet with Mixing station Pro and control via Midi then the tablet control the mixer via Wifi (I tried with my Ipad and X touch and never get it worked). Many people on FB said it's possible but can't explain properly. So if somebody here can explain to me I'll be very happy Thanks even if only PC works I can buy a cheap one to run the M32 edit and finally have a screen following my actions on X touch. I've tried many difernt way so please if you have the key can you explain very clearly Many thanks

read more...
    0 185
  • AudioGuyPa
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-03

A littel help needed. My channel 6 fader wont decouple when selecting layer 17-32 or Aux layer. Simply put when I raise and lower Channel 6 or 22 or Aux6 the fader moves on all 3 layers.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Note: 5-6 are stereo linked on Layer 1-16 set to Rhthem Guitar Right
    22 is not linked on layer 17-32 it is set to Snare Bottom
    5 and 6 are linked in Aux layer set for Tracks in.
    I tried to unlink ect. with no luck. For now I simply moved everything on Aux Layer and 1-16 layer.

Id like to resolve even if it means replacing this fader.

Thanx

read more...
    0 160
    • AudioGuyPa
      Paul_Vannatto

@AudioGuyPa wrote:

A littel help needed. My channel 6 fader wont decouple when selecting layer 17-32 or Aux layer. Simply put when I raise and lower Channel 6 or 22 or Aux6 the fader moves on all 3 layers.

Hi Ron,

Welcome to the forum. In all likelyhood, the source of channel 6 is also a source of another channel strip that is linked. If you export your scene to a file and attach it to your next post (Choose File below), we can help you find it.

• September 3, 2019
  • MichaLoosli
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-31

I'm using mainstage with UAD Effects as my outboard effects via the X-Live card. I'm sending 4 auxes to mainstage an 1 stereo return from mainstage to the desk. At yesterdays show I lost the stereo return already at soundcheck. Only shutting down and rebooting the console solved the problem, but just for a minute, then the desk (or card) lost the stereo return again. I'm running this setup for a long time now with never any issues. The card was recognized by the computer at any times. I also was recording to the SD cards. Anybody any idea? Thanks for your replys

read more...
    0 151
    • MichaLoosli
      RexBeckett

@MichaLoosli 

When you lost the return, was Mainstage still receiving the sends?

Have you tried replacing the USB cable?

• August 30, 2019
    • MichaLoosli
      MichaLoosli

yes, the sends were working at any times, I did not replaced the cable unfortunatly

• August 30, 2019
    • MichaLoosli
      RexBeckett

@MichaLoosli wrote:

yes, the sends were working at any times, I did not replaced the cable unfortunatly

@MichaLoosli 

It would be worth trying a different USB cable. 

I would also check that the mixer routing for the USB Returns had not, somehow, changed. This could happen if any scenes or snippets were loaded.

After that, I would suspect the X-Live card. It would be helpful if you could borrow a replacement card to test.

• August 30, 2019
Go to page