Statistics

227,911 members
102,707 posts
  • New
    mvsounds
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-03

I just purchased this mixer for Zoom online lessons. What I discovered after the set up, is when I connect the microphone and the headphones, when i connect on Zoom, either I can listen to my student or myself, but not both of us together. There has to be a  way where I can hear both of us in headphones, it should be so simple but I could not find it. Anyone who knows a way around it? The audio inputs and outputs in Zoom are USB AUDIO CODEC.

read more...
    0 13
    • mvsounds
      RexBeckett Hi mvsounds, there is a way around this. Connect both 2-Track Out to 2-Track In with a pair of short RCA/RCA cables. Press the USB/2TR To Phones/CTRL Rm button. Now you should hear both Zoom sound and your local mix through the Phones output. You may need to use the PC's output level control to adjust the mix.
      • Tue at 2:43 AM
  • New
    Wing2021
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-23

Can I connect 3 DL 16's or 1 DL 32 plus 1 DL16, to operate Wing as a full 48-channel console?

0 20
    • Wing2021
      Paul_Vannatto Yes you can. If you choose the DL16 + DL32, the DL32 needs to be the last in the chain. This is because the DL16 is designed for cascading (adding more stageboxes), whereas the DL32 is not.
      • Apr 23
    • Wing2021
      ValeriuM_Trufin Paul, I think you are mistaken.
      We have a DL32 + an S16. The DL32 is first, and the S16 is second in the chain. I suspect that DL16 is identical to the S16 in options, so you can set the DL16 to be at +16, just as you would set the third one in a 3xDL16 configuration.
      • Apr 23
    • Wing2021
      KlausMock On each AES50 connector you can transmit 48 channels in each direction. So with one line from the WING to the stageboxes you can use 48 mono signals at once. And I am with ValeriuM_Trufin, connect the DL32 to the WING and the DL16 to the DL32. I am, at least doing that all the time.
      • Apr 23
    • Wing2021
      GaryHiggins These (and all) stage boxes each have their own specific and FIXED aes50 output assignments for each type of output port they possess. So the real key is what you assign in the ase50 output menus. The xlr outputs will simply follow their fixed assignments. XLR outs are fixed to specific aes50 ch’s but the aes50 ch’s themselves are not married to anything, you can freely change them. The Wing can do that 1 by 1 which is very powerful but a bit more tedious.

XLR’s on the DL/S32 are fixed at aes50a out 1-8 and aes50a out 9-16,

DL/S16 XLR’s are fixed at aes50a out 1-24 in groups of 8 with the config knob dictating which group is currently assigned.

Default is aes50a out 1-8
      +8 is aes50a out 9-16
      +16 is aes50a out 17-24

Input wise the DL32 will shift the S16 inputs up by 32. Aes50 1-32 will be the DL32 inputs and aes50 33-48 will be the S16 inputs
      • Apr 24
    • Wing2021
      Paul_Vannatto Oops, you are correct, my goof.
      • Apr 24
  • New
    haeleng
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-22

Hi, I have an weird issue with my S16 boxes.

Equipment used to test are X32 compact, X32 core, 3xs16

1) When I connect a S16 to a X32 compact both X32 and S16 seem to be in sync.
    2) However Channel 14 can not be setup from the front panel, both phantom and/or gain settings can not be set from the front panel of the S16. All other channels on the S16 can be set from the S16 front panel
    3) Phantom and gain from channel 14 can be setup from the X32 compact. So first I thought something is wrong with one the S16 units.
    4) Channel 14 cannot be set from the front panel even when I swap S16 units. So it is not the hardware of the S16
    5) Channel 28 (16+12) can be set from the S16 front panel.
    6) Changing length from 50 to 2m of the AES50 cable has no effect.
    7) Connecting a S16 to a X32 Core gives the result that channel 12 and 13 cannot be set from the front panel, and suddely ch 14 (phantom and gain) can be set from the S16 front panel. Besides all channels (als 12, 13) can be set from X32 core software (X32edit)
    8) There are no connections made, only the AES50 cable is connected, to minimise possible EMC issues.
    9) When the S16 is set to standalone mode Ch12,13,14 can be set. So it has to be something between X32 and S16
    10) All S16 units had firmware 2.2 Update firmware to version 2.4 did not help.

Anyone out there who ran into this problem. Any other ideas are welcome.

read more...
    0 9
    • haeleng
      GaryHiggins If you have your scenes and everything safely on a usb drive. I would suggest initializing the mixer (maybe both) and then try. It sounds to me like a strange routing thing. You can sift through your routing after, if it gets fixed, Also with the latest S16 firmware there are several new modes added. Make sure you go all the way counter clockwise with the config button depressed to get to the very first and then step forward to the correct mode desired for each S16. Daisy Chain Master modes do some odd things for shifted ch's (on purpose) Sometimes certain modes look like just like another and they are not. A thought or anyway.
      • Apr 22
  • New
    Steelewolf
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-15

Hi,

I recently got Ableton Live 11 Suite and I want to record my churches worship services, but I cannot figure out how to do the routing so that the input/LC signal is sent to the expansion card.

My church has an X32 Rack, and I am using X32-Edit without the mixer right now to figure out the routing.

How do I tap the signal from input/LC and send it to the X-USB Card?

Thanks.

read more...
    0 22
    • Steelewolf
      RexBeckett Hi Steelewolf, the normal routing for recording is to take the signal directly after the preamp. This is done on the Routing -> Card tab. The attached screenshot shows the routing to record the sixteen local inputs on an X32 Rack plus sixteen inputs from a stagebox on AES50-A.
      • Apr 15
  • New
    Steelewolf
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-13

Hi,

I just got a new USB drive for use with my X32 Rack, but it only supports NTFS and exFAT file systems. I saw on the Behringer Wiki, linked here that the 2-track recording works with FAT12, FAT16, and FAT32 formatted drives. My question here then is, can I use an exFAT formatted drive with my X32 console?

Thanks

read more...
    0 20
    • Steelewolf
      Paul_Vannatto No, the X32 only support the FAT32 (as well as the older FAT16 and FAT12). The recorder/playback is meant to be used with a USB stick, not a drive
      • Apr 13
  • New
    wrh22967
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-02

hi I have a xr16 and I'm trying to route several channels to 1 of the Aux outputs, can I do that?  I can select one channel at a time but I haven't been able to select more than one at a time...  FYI I'm using an iPad 

0 25
    • wrh22967
      Paul_Vannatto You need to send channels to a mixbus, then assign the mixbus to an Aux Out. Using X-Air Edit, select a mixbus (eg bus 1) on the right side, then raise the desired faders that you want to send to that bus. Then in the In/Out, Aux Out screen, assign that bus to the desired Aux Out.
      • Apr 2
  • New
    hungsterx1980
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-31

Hi!

I installed asio4all drivers to my PC, Win10 64bit. I connected a mic to my Q502USB and then a USB cable, which was included in my product, to my PC.

But I can not hear anyting from my MIC and the device seems not be found at all. In my device list there is a USB unkown to me which is conflicting, this is hopefully the Q502USB device.

Why is it conflicting? Also asio4all drivers are very cofusing, is it drivers or just documentations? I do not see any drivers when I downloaded it, I got it installed but I have only manual to use.

Can someone help me here? 

read more...
    0 30
    • hungsterx1980
      RexBeckett Hi there, ASIOALL is an optional add-on driver that allows ASIO-enabled software (e.g. DAWs) to access USB audio interfaces with lower latency. The Q502USB should be recognized and installed by Windows 10 using its standard USB Audio Codec driver. This needs to be done before ASIO4ALL can use the interface.

See if these notes help: https://community.musictribe.com/discussions/77059/297127/windows-10-and-stereo-usb-mixers-interfaces
      • Mar 31
      • Cant record with q502USB since I can not find the device in my pc
        hungsterx1980 OK then I have the problem that it didn't recognized by my PC. Where can I get help with that? If I connect with only the USB, ie no line in at all, I wonder if I should see the same devices as you shown in the link.
        • Mar 31
    • hungsterx1980
      Dale_M Hi there, please submit a Technical support ticket via the Support tab above.
      • Mar 31
  • New
    korgfx
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-17

Hi,

i use a UFX1204 about 3 years now or even more,but after some windows updates i had seveal audio problems,like pops ,cracks,or sound stop for a while randomly or even BSOD.

After i tried every possible solution,i decided to reformat my PC.

Didn't solve the problem,so i went back to windows 764bit Sp1.Everything worked great,but as you all know win7 is no longer supported,so i had to upgrade to windows10 again.

Windows10 is not stable for me,at least not all versions.

Now,i use 20H2 (build 19042.868).Most BSOD problems still exist from time to time,but the real annoying are pops and clips,cracks and short periods of no sound at all,or doesn't recognise the driver sometimes.

Does anybody facing the same problems,and is there any alternative driver i could use?

Since i got sure it's not a hardware issue (mixer's or pc's) ,the only problem is driver along with windows10.

Can't find an answer or a solution so far,and i really don't know what to do.

What do you think?

greetings

read more...
    0 22
    • korgfx
      DavidKnighton Hello korgfx,
      are you using the recommend USB driver or Firewire driver? Have you tried setting up the mixer on another Windows 10 PC to ensure it's not an issue with your computer? Maybe you have a friend or family member with a computer you can borrow for the sake of troubleshooting. That would be my first recommendation, rule out the computer as having an issue.
      • Mar 18
      • UFX1204 Driver problem
        korgfx Well,i didn't tried it on another win10 machine, but i tried several times a fresh copy of win10,using all same drivers,usb and firewire ,same drivers with all my rest setup , with no luck.The same drivers worked great with earlier windows 10versions, some versions had problems,bigest problem so far was BSOD but not audio issues,audio issues started a few months ago.What i also tried,was install a fresh clean win7,and it worked great again,so that means my machine is ok.Even when microsoft upgrade tool checked my hardware,it passed the test,and upgrade again to win10 with no problem,but all problems started as windows frequently keeps updating . All previous time,only problem i had with windows10 was firefox causing bsod,or wifi i suspect...again they worked great again while i tried win7. My machine is quite old,pentium4 , q6600 ,2.4Ghz ,6gb ram ,ssd disk,and as i said worked great with win7 which i installed just to find out what the problem was,worked great with windows8 , 8.1, windows9926 till windows10 build1758.Don't know what changed,i did clean isntall one by one latest windows builds,most of them had problems,some not since first times,but later,after microsoft updates.....
        • Mar 18
  • New
    Cvouri123
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-17

I am trying to record through the PPA200 then into a Focusrite 2i2 and then into GarageBand as a single track. I have connected RCA jacks from the PPA200 to a quarter inch cable into the 2i2. The cable is TRS. GarageBand not picking up a signal.  I tried the mono output from the PPA20P and didn't work. The 2i2 records without routing through the PPA200 without issue. Is the PPA200 compatible? Thanks. 

read more...
    1 20
    • Cvouri123
      RexBeckett Hi Cvouri123, you need to use a pair of RCA/TS cables to connect the PPA200 2-TR outputs to both inputs on the Focusrite 2i2. If you only want a single mono track, you can either record just one side or downmix the stereo pair in your DAW.
      • Mar 17
  • New
    x-dfo
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-03-17

Hi,

I'm not a mixer pro by any means - I was curious how I would setup the routing in the xair app so that the headphones output is listening to the analog inputs in a way that doesn't introduce latency (or minimizes it) I believe the ASIO driver induces in windows?

Cheers,

read more...
    0 28
    • x-dfo
      ThomasWilliams At the risk of sounding silly, why not just plug the headphones into the XR1n's headset output? With the exception of drums (which are a MIDI instrument on my DAW) I always monitor my input tracks directly, and correct for latency as needed after I finish the recording.
      • Mar 16
    • x-dfo
      DaveMorrison Assuming you're using an XR18, just use an Aux Out (or a pair for stereo). This way you'll get nearly zero latency. Build the monitor mix you want to hear using the Send on Fader button (see screenshot: Bus 1 for example).
      If you have more questions, just ask.
      • Mar 16
Go to page