Statistics

196,272 members
66,834 posts
  • New
    2020-11-23

Forgive me, I just unboxed the XR12 and it seems there's no way to use it as a source for Zoom calls.  I've got an Atem Mini Pro and a Windows 10 Computer and I just want Zoom to see the XR12 as an audio source.  Is this possible or should I box it up and return it to Amazon?

read more...
    0 3
    • Paul Walhus
      Rex Beckett Hi Paul, the USB socket on the XR12 (and XR16) can only be used to record and play stereo wav files to/from a USB stick. You would need an XR18 to get a multichannel USB connection to a PC.

Alternatively you could use an additional USB interface to connect analogue outp.uts from the XR12 to a PC.

The recently announced Behringer Flow 8 mixer may be a good alternative once it starts shipping.
      • 8 hours ago
    • Paul Walhus
      Paul Walhus OK so it's "plug and play" and with the XR18 I would just run a usb cable to the Windows 10 box (install whatever drivers) and Zoom would see the XR18 as a device? 18 channels is way more than I need though, is there a more basic solution that would have way fewer channels?
      • 8 hours ago
      • Can the Behringer XR12 be used as a usb source for zoom calls
        Rex Beckett Yes Windows supports the XR18 through specific drivers. Although the XR18 supports eighteen bi-directional USB channels, Windows only supports them all through an ASIO interface. Most DAW software supports ASIO but Zoom does not so would treat the XR18 as a stereo device.

There are several other possible solutions depending on what facilities you want. For simple mic and/or instrument connections for use with Zoom, the Behringer UMC204HD works well.
        • 7 hours ago
    • Paul Walhus
      Dave Morrison As Rex mentioned, you can connect via USB: however, an analog connection to your ATEM mini pro is a great solution. I do that with my X32 (because the USB interface is used for other purposes).
      • 2 hours ago
    • Paul Walhus
      Paul Walhus So I sent the XR12 back and I'm getting an XR18 in it's place as well as a BEHRINGER Audio Interface (UMC404HD). What are the pros and cons of having Windows treat the XR18 as a stereo device? Can you explain for a novice like me what this means in more basic terms "Although the XR18 supports eighteen bi-directional USB channels, Windows only supports them all through an ASIO interface. Most DAW software supports ASIO but Zoom does not so would treat the XR18 as a stereo device."
      • 2 hours ago
  • New
    2020-11-23

Hello,

What's the best Youtube video to get my new Behringer Air XR 18 set up with my ipad?

0 2
  • New
    2020-11-23

I am running a Behringer X32 at our church. We have a bus that controls our sub-woofer. The only problem is that when we turn everything down with the L/R main channel the sub is still pumping out low end. Is there a way I can link my sub bus to my master L/R so that everything is controlled by that one fader?

read more...
    0 3
    • Chris Shandrow
      Paul Vannatto Hi Chris, currently the only thing that can be linked to the LR is the mono (M/C) bus, by selecting the "M/C depends on Main LR" setting on the Setup, Config screen. If you use the Main M/C for your sub. This will be the solution. Typically we don't adjust the Main LR, but fade the various channels either using the channel strip fader(s) or via DCA.
      • 3 hours ago
  • New
    2020-11-23

How would you set up the compression on this channel for speaking voice that sometimes get pretty loud?

i dont really understand how this one work (picture)

0 13
    • Christer Hiort
      Dave Morrison The two basic controls you should focus on are Threshold and Ratio. How you set them depends on what you're doing. You could maybe set the Threshold at -20 with a ratio of 2 for some gentle compression during the louder moments. The threshold controls the level where the compressor starts to work. The graph will give you an idea how it works. If you want the clamp down just the loudest section, you could run it more like a limiter. Try the threshold at -10 and the ration at 6 (or more). Be aware that compression in floor monitors can increase the risk of feedback ( it's less likely when your just limiting with the threshold set to -10 or -5). Use the Gain control to "make up" the gain you lose when the compressor is on (ie. make them the same when it "Active" and then bypassed)
      • Nov 22
    • Christer Hiort
      KevinMaxwell A loud speaking voice isn’t really a problem at all unless they are distorting the input. If someone is speaking loud you can just turn down the channel or turn down the trim.

There were some events that I have done where I always had a finger on the channel (fader) of the persons speaking. Actually that was most events because they were high enough profile that it had to be perfect or as close to perfect as is humanly possible. And I usually had a compressor on that vocal subgroup to even out the vocal mics and it was a DBX160 usually set to a 3:1 compression ratio. I would strongly suggest that on the X32 in the channel compressor under the gain envelope (on the page that you included) that you select “Auto Time”. This automatically sets the attack, release and hold times to settings that work better for most things that you want to compress, unless you are looking for some other compression behavior then what I consider normal.

The challenge is if you have a person that is speaking inconsistently. If they go from a whisper to shouting that can be challenging. That style of speaking is usually what the fiery preacher might do and the challenge there is they really want to hear themselves get REALLY LOUD. One way to deal with that if the preacher isn’t a pain about it is to use the channel compressor at about 4:1 and set the threshold to where it is working a little bit all of the time. And set the knee to 5, this makes the point at which the compressor is actually triggering to be smoother and not too sudden.

The use a second compressor to be closer to limiting that is set to keep the really loud parts under control. You can do that by either inserting another compressor on that channel or send that channel to a Mix Bus (and route that Mix Bus to the L/R and make sure the channel isn’t going directly to the L/R) and use the Mix Bus compressor to a more aggressive compression ratio like 10:1 and set the threshold on that to only trigger when the preacher gets really loud. I actually never use the L/R as my output to the house speakers I always use a Matrix outputs. Usually because I have more speakers in the system then just Left and Right. But even if I am using just Left and Right speakers I still use the Matrix outs.
      • 5 hours ago
  • New

Good Afternoon to all,

I wonder if there is any official literature, manual, quick start guide, detailed presentation or video tutorials for Herritage-D? Can somebody send me a link or give a date that anything of these would be available?

Thanks in advance,

Lefteris

read more...
    0 1
  • New
    2020-11-13

Midas DP48 Firmware UpdateVersion 1.7  

This update introduces a wealth of new features that help simplifying setup, improve overview and provide new means of communication for all live performance and studio production applications, where musicians are in control of their own monitor mix.Midas is constantly adding new features and making enhancements to this extremely stable ecosystem of digital mixers, I/O boxes and personal monitoring mixers. This means you always experience the best possible performance. Visit midasconsoles.com and check for updates of your products regularly. Download the latest firmware for DP48 and HUB4, and make sure the latest versions will be installed to both.

New Features 1.7

• Mirror Mix A on Mix B output in singlemode.

Improvements
    • Fix for saving master parameters if powering off while remote controlling.
    • Fix for stereo link assignment and indication on booth channels in a pair, while working remotely.
    • Fix for passing on wrong AES50 information of connected devices in a chain.
    • Fix for pre fader reverb send when using MY GROUP in singlemode.
    • Refresh assign page after being remote controlled by master.

Firmware Update Process

1. Download the update file from midasconsoles.com and extract the archive
    2. Copy the dp48m_xx.upd file onto an SD card, into the following path inside SD-root \DP48M
    3. Make sure the DP48 is turned off
    4. Insert the SD card into the SD card slot on the rear panel of your DP48
    5. Hold the SETUP button while turning the DP48 on
    6. Wait until the update procedure is completed and the DP48 has booted again
    7. Do not turn off the device and do not remove the SD card before the update has finished
    8. The device will boot automatically and briefly indicate the new firmware version

Note: SD Card must be FAT or FAT32 formatted for use in DP48Visit midasconsoles.com and check for updates of your products regularly.

Download: https://www.midasconsoles.com/product.html?modelCode=P0BMX

read more...
    1 132
    • Midas Midas
      MarcVangrunderb Is it possible to connect a DL153 stagebox on the AES50 thru port of a DP48. I have two DL153 stage boxes connected to my X32 rack and would like to know how I can integrade the DP48.
      • 9 hours ago
    • Midas Midas
      Paul Vannatto Hi Mark, I would suggest you also get the Hub4 and use the AES50 Thru port to connect the DL153.
      • 7 hours ago
      • DP48 Firmware Update 1.7 Now Available!
        MarcVangrunderb Hi Paul,
        Do you want to say that it only works with the Hub4 or can it also be done via the thru port of the DP48?
        • 7 hours ago
        Paul Vannatto Well, it will "sort of" work. The problem will be the upstream (stagebox to console) channels, since the first AES50 channels (banks of 8) will be used by the DP48. The Hub4 has a switch to setup for the DP48 return OR pass thru the AES50 signals from the Thru port.

Here is a link to the Hub4 Routing Diagram
        https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HJJuoNh3QE7iK-daR7PFiV7mvytSEeSM/view?usp=sharing
        • 7 hours ago
        Paul Vannatto The downstream signals should work fine, since the DP48 Thru port is meant to be used for cascading DP48 providing all 48 AES50 channels to subsequent DP48 and therefore the same to the stageboxes. It is the upstream signals that are the issue.
        • 7 hours ago
        MarcVangrunderb OK thanks. That's clear. Is the latest firmware of the HUB4 provided to work with Pro stageboxes like the DL153 because I always assumed this was not compatible?
        • 6 hours ago
        Paul Vannatto Yes as long as the stagebox is set for 48K samplerate (not 96K), the latest Hub4/DP48 firmware is designed to work with the Midas stageboxes.
        • 6 hours ago
  • New
    2020-11-20

Preordered this console a few months ago to ensure I received one in 20, was informed in early October that my console would be shipping 10/30, only to be told today by my sales rep that the console I was supposed to receive will not be built now for months, literally no timetable...What is the reasoning for this?  Is this how Music Tribe supports their customers??

read more...
    0 8
    • Marshall Husted
      John Matthews Hi Marshall, sorry to here about the delay your experiencing with this. I'll reach out to you via email to get you speaking with the right person. Thanks
      • Nov 22
  • New
    2020-11-23

I'm using M/C (Mono Channel) for the subwoofer.

How do you assign the OUTPUT of the M/C to the physical XLR OUT in the back of my X32RACK so I can connect to my Sub woofer amp? (Would like to use #6 as its next to the LR outs)

0 6
    • Christer Hiort
      Dave Morrison The instructions depend on firmware version and whether you do it at the console or using X32_Edit because the labels vary by version. If your Routing:XLR tab is set at default (Out 1-8, 9-16), then go to the Routing:Out (or Out 1-16) tab. Set (the source) MC to be Output 6.
      • Nov 22
      • X32Edit - How to assign Mono Channel (M/C) to the physical XLR Out on the back of the X32?
        Christer Hiort Thanks ! As I noted below it was easier to see it on the iPad.
        • Nov 22
    • Christer Hiort
      Christer Hiort SOLVED: I could not see how to do this in X32-EDIT but on the iPad it is much easier to see it in the routing section.
      • Nov 22
  • New
    2020-11-23

I want to connect a laptop to play music over the system.

How do I route these AUX inputs as input for Channel 1 so we can control the volume out to the FOH ?

(The reason I want it to channel 1 is so the sound person can have it on the fist page on the iPad)

read more...
    0 7
    • Christer Hiort
      Paul Vannatto Assign Aux 5 to channel 1 strip source and Aux 6 to channel 2 strip source. Of course if you change to Mixing Station, you won't have to do this.
      • Nov 22
      • X32 - Routing AUX in (RCA connections to Channel Strip)
        Christer Hiort Mixing Station ?
        • Nov 22
        Paul Vannatto Mixing Station is a 3rd party app that have been used by many of us since 2013 on our android tablet. About a year ago, the developer ported it to the iPad/iPhone (as well as PC and Mac). It is far superior in functionality and features from the official app.
        • 9 hours ago
    • Christer Hiort
      - mjk - Also, note that anything plugged into the 6.5mm TRS jack will break the connection to the RCA I/O jacks. I was hoping I could plug 2 source/destination devices into channels 5 and 6, but it's either/or.
      • Nov 22
        Christer Hiort I suspected that, so if 5-6 RCA is used , 5-6 TRS can not be used and vice versa.
        • ·
        • Nov 22
        - mjk - Right. I don't know if it helps, but, if you leave the RCA plugs in the jacks, they get cut off by the 6.5mm TRS switching jack as soon as you insert a cable. You don't have to actually remove them. But in order to get the RCA jacks to activate, you do have to remove the TRS plugs.
        • 11 hours ago
  • New
    2020-11-23

Can I change how channels are shown on the iPad in the X32 Software?

I.e, can the first channels on the view be e.g MixBus1 MixBus2 Ch1 Ch2 Ch3. etc ....

0 5
Go to page