Statistics

216,695 members
89,960 posts
  • New
    MartinhoV
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-05

Hi guys, i just bougth the new Flow 8 and it comes with the firmware V11729.

When i try to connect to my iphone it appears the following message, "The firmware on your mixer is out of date. ..." . I go to the website of behringer and download the "simply put - update tool" .

Now the problem... When i try to instal my macbook pro says what is on the image i upload. Sorry for my english guys. Can u help me? Hugs 

read more...
    0 7
    • MartinhoV
      MartinhoV It's solved!! Thanks anyway :)
      • Fri at 9:56 AM
    • MartinhoV
      Tadam0808 Thank you music Tribe. I had a question about something out of warranty and you helped me out and pointed me in the right direction. Every time I have dealt with you on a issue you always responded. Thank you again!
      • Fri at 10:18 AM
  • New
    hareich
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-29

I have a XR 18 and run X Air Edit Version 1.5 on iMac OS 11.1 and the X Air Edit has to reconnect to the XR18 from time to time. 

Does anybody have had the same problem and could anyone give me an advice, what to do to solve the problem?

Be yourself, 

Hartmut

read more...
    0 8
    • hareich
      Paul_Vannatto Are you trying to use the built-in wifi of the XR18? If so, get an external dual band wifi router. The built-in wifi is not that reliable.
      • Jan 29
    • hareich
      hareich I don't use the build in Wifi, I use an Ethernet Switch to do the connection between iMac and XR18 with Cat-6 Cables. I tried to do the connection the iMac via single Cat6-Cable with DHCP-Server Mode of XR 18 but without function. The Wifi Mode accesss Point does operate with my iPad Pro but I need the Wifi to connect to the internet.
      • Jan 29
      • X Air Edit has to reconnect to the XR18
        Paul_Vannatto I would suspect the cat6 cable between the switch and the XR18. I also use a switch that connects my MR18, X32 Rack and Wing to my home router and did have an intermittent connection issue awhile ago. The culprit was a bad ethernet cable which was fixed by simply replacing it.
        • Jan 29
    • hareich
      hareich Thank you very much for your advice!
      After putting new ethernet cables between iMAC --> switch --> XR18 it was stable for a few hours, but than it happens again, the connection got lost and I have to reconnect...
      Therefore its not perfect, but much better than before!
      • Jan 30
      • X Air Edit has to reconnect to the XR18
        Paul_Vannatto Check to make sure that the IMAC IP address is not the same as the XR18. If it is, change one of them (the last digit).
        • Jan 30
    • hareich
      francisduhaut Hello I have same issue seems to be MacOS Big sure compatibility. If the application is started, if I use for example Logic Pro I have to reconnect each time I go back to Xair Eidt
      • Fri at 6:19 AM
  • New
    teknico
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-05

One of the best features of the FLOW 8 mixer are the equalizers on both the main and the two monitor outputs, made even better by the 11739 firmware that gives access to all parameters for each one of the nine bands.

As far as I can see, the main use case for the output equalizers is room response correction, whether it's used in a studio, a house or a concert hall. For this use case it is necessary to equalize the left and right channels independently from each other.

However, the FLOW 8 links the parameters for the two channels on the main output, making it impossible.

It is possible to independently equalize the MON 1 and the MON2 output. The FLOW 8, though, has a useful Stereo Link feature, where MON 1 and MON2 are controlled by one set of parameters, making it easier to handle them as the left and right channels of a stereo monitor output.

In this configuration, the equalizations for the two monitor outputs also become the same, making it impossible to satisfy the above use case.

FEATURE REQUEST: please always unlink the equalizers for the left and right channels of the main output, and for the MON 1 and MON 2 outputs, even when the latter two are Stereo Linked.

(Optionally add two settings to separately link each pair of equalizers if you want to preserve the current behavior; I don't need it though, so this is not part of this feature request.)

read more...
    1 9
  • New
    MattMarcus
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-03-05

Weird issue-

4.2 Mac crashes on startup on a standard user account, where previous versions start just fine. 4.2 runs fine in the admin account. Created a fresh standard user account, and no problem there, either. Something must be corrupt, or conflicting in the original standard user account. Trashing prefs was the first thing I tried, without effect. 

anyone have a clue what's going on here?

read more...
    0 2
  • New
    DouglasCourter
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-03-04

I am trying to turn on phantom power on two condenser microphones, but the phantom power button on my x32 doesn't work. I've checked and matched every setting I know of from channels that do use phantom power and they all work fine, but these two channels don't.

read more...
    0 3
    • DouglasCourter
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Douglas, what source are assigned to the 2 channels? Also do the channels have gains or trims?
      • Thu at 8:46 AM
  • New
    pilgrims1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-03

When opersators using WING-LIVE CARD play for virtual sound check,

he activate SIP mode in SOLO MODE .

When I using this....

I found some inconvinience at this point.

When I using this SIP mode at DAW like CUBASE, and I push one channel's SOLO,

it open every associated output channels ( BUS, EFFECT, MAIN STEREO ).

so, users can easily hear correct sound.

But WING only open channel itself.

So If user assigned that channel to BUS and then BUS assigned to MAIN1,

in this case, user can't hear any sound.

Becasue self input channel opend but Next assigned BUS & EFFECT channels not opened.

So.... I recommand that Develpoer refer to SOLO behavior of CUBASE and other DAWs.

Thank you for your reading.

read more...
    0 19
    • pilgrims1
      GaryHiggins Wondering if you tried the Studio mode solo instead of SIP? Not sure if it will do what you want but because of info supplied (KlausM) in a recent thread, it might just work and is easily checked.
      • Wed at 3:10 AM
    • pilgrims1
      KlausMock After some tests The SIP mode seems to mute everything except the soloed channel and the four main master channels. If you set mutegroup/sip override to on (a great feature recently introduced) you can, after push solo on one channel, unmute any other channels or busses. So you can activate FX or busses easily while you soloed a channel. But I agree that it would be nice when all busses to which the channel is sent will, optionally, remain unmuted while a channel is soloed. I also would love to have the option for input channels and busses to set them in a solo safe mode, as it is possible on some DAWs and other mixers. Regards
      • Wed at 10:43 PM
  • New
    AdrianWirth
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-03-03

Hi,

I'd like to connect my XR12 to my PC through my USB interface, a Focusrite Scarlett 8i6. Is it safe to just run the mixers AUX1 and AUX2 outputs into a pair of the Scarletts line inputs without gain staging problems? Thanks.

0 3
  • New
    freddietane
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-03

Just beginning to learn the new User Routing tabs feature.

Do the settings in the new User In and User Out tabs override settings in the other In and Out tabs?

Or do both need to be set? First in the old group-of-8, then in the User (In/Out)?

Any guidance appreciated.

read more...
    0 5
    • freddietane
      Nigel67 Hi, in the input / output routing it is only possible to choose one of the routing options, the standard group of 8 or the User. You can set up some routing on the User In tab, but when actually patching the inputs, you may decide not to use the User in after all and just go with the groups of 8. So even though they are set up in the user in area, they will not take effect, because you haven't selected the user in, in the input patching. There is no overriding. Hope this helps. Please also see these videos. They are extremely helpful.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah8MmlIbe-s
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBnuuPCnGTQ
      • Tue at 10:28 PM
    • freddietane
      freddietane hi Nigel67 - Thanks for the helpful reply. I've got the Inputs as-needed, with the Inputs in the "input patching" set to "User In". In the "User In" tab, I've check-marked 1-16 from Local, 17-24 from my AES50-A, 25+26 from the Card1+2, and 27-32 from the AES50-A. Good so far.
      • Wed at 1:13 PM
  • New
    StephenEvans
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-03-03

Hi,

I don't have a wing ATM, but am considering one. When saving and recalling chanel presets, is it possible to save the DCA assignment? If you have presets for vocals, guitars, etc it would be nice if they could be recalled to any channel, and then be in the vocal or instrument DCA as appropriate. If it isn't possible currently then is this something that could possibly be considered for the next update? 

Along similar lines, if you save a preset that includes an insert, is it possible for it to save the settings for the fx processor? Lets say you have a multiband comp on insert 1 and you want the settings to be correct for a specific vocalist, it would be neat if they could be saved in the channel presets.

Taking it a step further, is it/could it be possible to have the option to save the settings for an inserted FX, but to scope out recalling which specific FX rack is inserted? The use case would be if you had say 4 channels that were designated vocals, and you insert a multiband comp on each of them. Then say you have a load of regular singers who might use any of the four channels and you want to be able to recall the full settings for them on any of the four vocal channels. It would be optimal to recall the multiband comp settings for each vocalist as part of the preset, but if it saves which FX rack is inserted as part of this, then you would have a conflict where multiple presets would have the same FX rack. To get around this, it would be good to be able to have a FX rack designated for the channel, and when the preset is loaded it would choose the FX type and settings for the FX rack that is on the channel already, instead of changing which FX rack is inserted on the channel.

Hope this makes sense, let me know if not!

Thanks,

Steve

read more...
    0 8
  • New
    pilgrims1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-03

When I active LINK CARDS button,

still ghost PLAY(PAUSE) orange colored button shown.

0 5
Go to page