Statistics

260,501 members
139,093 posts
  • New
    pmoshay
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-12-01

First off, Sweetwater has been extremely helpful trying to solve some issues that would have been very easy to figure out if this console had a user manual. Behringer has 6 videos (yes only 6) YouTube videos posted as of 11.30.21 to help but I'm sorry, a user manual is a MUST.
    I am a over 40 yr audio pro who has used nearly every console analog & digital that has ever been released, I am not a hobbyist or part time audio engineer.... I do this everyday for my whole life and I know how to figure out gear, but its ridiculous that they would not even have the respect to sell you a highly technical piece of gear without a well written manual.

I know that these days so many companies are updating their software regularly but this is no excuse not to provide a manual all along the way.
    This is a very capable and somewhat complicated console that does NOT come with a normal console setup that most people are used to.
    I feel very sorry for the people who bought this board that have been lost in the use of it and I wouldn't be surprised if they sent it back.

All that being said, the console sounds excellent and has some great features but I would not recommend it to anyone who does not have the time & patients to spend trying to deal with all its features.
    Its a shame that they would release something with this much investment in the technology and software just to have it never taken seriously - because they never took it seriously and released a complete product.

The iPad app is not complete and pales in comparison to the x32..... you can't even use the app without a console online (so no setting up a show unless you have the console with you)
    There is no PC or Mac app yet (but you can get the scenes & presets off the board by mounting the wing drive on your computer and dragging them off)

How can I take a product seriously when you don't sell a finished product.
    Sending your customers to a forum full of people of unknown background & knowledge to get info on how to use your product is just plain lame and shameful for a company to do.

You have some amazing products but this oversight is deadly to a product.

read more...
    0 8
  • New
    Virtue67-
    Regular Contributor - Level 1
    2021-12-02

I have a firmware quote.

I currently have X32_Firmware_4.02, so my question is this can I go straight onto X32_Firmware_4.06

Or must I first go to:

1. X32_Firmware_4.03

2. X32_Firmware_4.04.1

3. X32_Firmware_4.04

4. X32_Firmware_4.06 Finally

read more...
    0 3
  • New
    RobertStark
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-24

I updated my AMD processor and my X Touch is no longer working.  :(  

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

0 15
    • RobertStark
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi RobertStark, could you please confirm which firmware version you are currently running on your X-TOUCH? If you are not running the latest 1.21 version I would highly recommend carrying out this update as it resolves USB compatibility issues with AMD Processors.

Please do note that this update will need to be carried out on a PC with no AMD processors.

You can download the update from the product page linked below:
      https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0B1X
      • Nov 24
    • RobertStark
      RobertStark Chris - I've tried updating the firmware and, you are correct, that it's not working. My son is going to come by on Friday with his Intel laptop to try. Thanks for the response; you've confirmed my next step.
      • Nov 24
    • RobertStark
      RobertStark

Updated firmware. While my computer sees the X Touch, Cubase does not. Any suggestions on what else to try?

• Nov 26
    • RobertStark
      RobertStark

I got it working! You can disregard my previous text. Thanks for your help.

• Nov 27
    • RobertStark
      JusRoc1 hello Mr Robert Stark, I am having problems with an x touch as well. I was wondering what you did to fix your one. any tips? Thanks
      • Wed at 4:53 PM
  • New
    DavidSelf
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-12-01

Is it possible to plug a midi controller into the midi in port and pass notes to my PC for driving a virtual instrument?  Reading the manual implies that midi is only used for remote control and internal functions.

0 4
  • New
    Francois43912
    Regular Contributor - Level 1
    2021-11-28

It's been almost 2 years since the announcement. Is there a progress update at least, not an ambiguous "soon".

0 9
  • New
    cantordavid1517
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-30

XR18 using an external router, have been using it for three years with no problems. All of a sudden there's no audio out of the speakers, and we couldn't connect to the mixer with the app. Tried restarting everything, tried using the access point instead, tried doing a reset -- no luck. We succesfully bypassed it using a small analog mixer, so I'm pretty sure the XR18 is the problem.

Waiting to hear back from customer service, anyone have ideas in the meantime?

read more...
    0 4
    • cantordavid1517
      Nigel67 Hi cantordavid1517. If the audio isn't working and was when you previously switched the unit off (it keeps its previous settings), and you are unable to connect to the unit via the app, you could be looking at a power supply failure. Is the power supply LED still lit? This is the most likely to affect both these functions or a corruption of the software. Are you able to see the internal wifi of the XR18 on your computer when you are in access point mode? When you made the factory reset, you held the reset switch in for 12 seconds with the unit powered? The switch is behind the small hole in the front panel by the access point logo. If that didn't work, then you will more than likely need a technician to look at the unit. You say that you have submitted a ticket, so the Technician who answers will be able to help you further with that. Many thanks
      • Tue at 10:59 PM
  • New
    DavidSelf
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-11-29

Trying to do some recording with my new x32 and having trouble getting the input level correct in cakewalk.  I have a good signal -18dbfs on the x32 but it only registers at -33dbfs in cakewalk.  What am I doing wrong?  I have the x32 set for 8x8 xusb.  Cakewalk meters are set for peak with -42db range.  Fader on x32 is at 0db.

read more...
    0 6
    • DavidSelf
      Paul_Vannatto What do you have assigned on the Routing, Card screen?
      • Mon at 7:56 AM
      • Input very low from x32 to cakewalk by bandlab
        DavidSelf I think I found out what was wrong. I was just feeding the default ch 2 out of the card. I assigned card 1-8 to output 1-8 and then set the outputs to direct out post fader and now I have good levels.
        • Mon at 8:41 AM
  • New
    Summers66
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-28

Hello,

We have a Behringer X32. We are in need of replacement slider knobs. Are these available for purchase? Thanks.

0 9
    • Summers66
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. To submit a spare parts order please click on the Support link at the top of the page. Then you will find a Spare Parts options where you can submit a ticket to order the parts.
      • Nov 28
  • New
    cffwbav1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-25

Hi, I run the sound booth of our church, a building with some nice natural reverb.  We use an X32 Compact.

I send sound out to internet streaming using Bus5.  I'd like to add reverb FX only to Bus5, without adding it to the mains.  Haven't been able to figure out how to set that up in the EFFECTS setup.

I've put Vintage Reverb onto FX slot 2, then increased the sends of Bus 5 when selecting FX2L, but I still get it coming out of the mains. How to avoid that happening?

Thanks

read more...
    0 10
    • cffwbav1
      Paul_Vannatto Select the FX2L channel strip, select the Main tab at the top, and disable the LR
      • Nov 25
    • cffwbav1
      whamil You need to turn off the send to the mains buss in the fx2 return channel. I'm not at a board to look, but you ideally use the fx2 as an insert on Bus 5.
      • Nov 25
      • How do I add Reverb ONLY to Bus 5 and NOT to the Mains in X32 Compact?
        whamil Another thought here. I work at a church that also live streams, and has nice natural reverb. I stream in stereo, so I use two mics, you would only need one. Unfortunately I don't have an X32 to use there, but that's beside the point. I use the mics specifically to capture the reverb and I add it only to the live stream, in whatever amount sounds good. Place a mic where is picks up as much of the stage as possible and as little of the congregation and use it just to add reverb to the live stream.
        • Nov 27
  • New
    Hirsute
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-11-22

I have been trying to purchase a wing console - My supplier says they are on order with no indication of when they might be available...  This has been going on for a month!

Is there a problem with Wing consoles?

0 11
    • Hirsute
      Paul_Vannatto Have you not heard of the global chip shortage that is affecting all electronic (and automotive) products? Add to that, there is a major global supply chain problem that is seriously restricting the flow of product. From what I've been told, it is only going to get worse before it gets better.
      • Nov 22
    • Hirsute
      DavidThomson1 Only a month?? im going on 3 months now. Got to admit that Behringer seem to be very quiet on what the actual delay is with the supply of them. Ive spoken to my supplier Thomann and they have also said its impossible to get an answer from Behringer and no proposed delivery dates to them are being indicated either. I see random posts on Facebook from people over the world who are saying "my new wing arrived today" etc, so im guessing supplies are actually going out from Behringer to some stores, but an actual update on the delay and what is likely to be lead times would be a good start. Im starting to get itchy feet as my X32 is sold, and the guy who bought it is desperate for it. If I hadn't already invested in stage boxes etc then I would be probably starting to look at other Manufacturers desks - that may still happen if I find a buyer for the stage boxes.
      • Nov 25
Go to page