Statistics

259,822 members
138,241 posts
  • New
    Mike7300
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-09

Hi - I'm looking to get reverb on the mics for my band for a gig I have this coming weekend.  Not very experienced with fx for vocals would anyone have a recommendation for which reverb to use and what settings to put it on?

my lead vocalist has a great voice so I don't want to drown her in too much reverb but definitely need some. Any suggestions would be helpful!

read more...
    0 6
  • New
    BLZBub
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-11-08

I cannot connect the mixer using ethernet. I am getting all kinds of error messages such as "Mixer IP not in local range, mixer not reachable (100%packet loss)". 

I have tried every setting DHCP, DHCP SERVER AND STATIC IP. I have matched the IP of the mixer with the tablets ethernet.

I can connect using the access point but this will be useless in a live setting. When accessed this way the IP comes up as 192.168.1.1 and the mixer is there although when I go to the NETWORK settings the LAN IP is shown as 192.168.1.18, SUBNET is shown as 255.255.255.0 GATEWAY is 0.0.0.0  Are these settings correct? 

I have tried a factory reset with no luck, my ethernet cable is shown as working. I am not computer literate or a telephone engineer, could someone tell me in normal non techy words what the hell I have to do as I need this to work for weekend.

read more...
    0 11
    • BLZBub
      DavidThomson1 your tablet and mixer should not have the same IP address. connect via its built in access point at home and perhaps start by setting your mixer to something like static IP 192.168.1.2 Subnet 255.255.0.0 Gateway 0.0.0.0 then set your tablet/laptop to static IP 192.168.1.4 Subnet 255.255.0.0 Gateway 0.0.0.0 . If you are using a direct cable between the two without a hub etc, then you will perhaps need a crossover cable (I need to use one with my iPad Pro and MacBook when connecting direct or it doesn't work)
      • Nov 8
      • Xair xr18 unable to connect with ethernet
        BLZBub What is a crossover cable? I have never used one before, the mixer worked fine when last used 2 years ago
        • Nov 8
        BLZBub When you say "setting your mixer", where am I setting this? Is it via the mixers NETWORK settings and would this be in the LAN section? I have spent 10 hours on this and am running out of patience and alternatives.
        • Nov 8
        DavidThomson1 yes in the lan setting of the mixer app page. ive found it hit or miss with the cable directly connecting if its a normal lan cable depending on the device connecting to it (laptop, iPad , tablet etc), my solution was to make a crossover cable and it has worked flawlessly since.
        • Nov 9
    • BLZBub
      Paul_Vannatto Are you trying to connect your device (tablet, laptop, etc.) directly to the XR18? If so, don't. Get yourself a good dual band router (eg. D-Link, Linksys, TP Link, etc.) and use a standard ethernet cable to connect the XR18 (switch to Ethernet) to the router (do not use the WAN port). Then connect your device either with wifi (use the 5Ghz band) or an ethernet cable to the router. That way the router will take care of assigning the IP addresses and connect all devices correctly. If you want something simple and reliable, do it this way.
      • Nov 8
        larryannarelli I’m glad I found this thread as I think it can also help me. I’m trying to connect a new iPad Pro (newest generation) to my xr18. We’ve had no trouble connecting an older iPad when the xr18 is set to access point. With this new iPad, when I open the xair app I no longer see my xr18 and therefore can’t connect to it. Your post suggests I should not use the access point connect option. Can you further elaborate on why? Frankly I just want to get an option in place that works reliably so I don’t have issues at my next live gig. This experience has been very frustrating. We
        • Nov 10
    • BLZBub
      Paul_Vannatto Hi larryannarelli, no to access point. Instead switch to Ethernet (switch on the XR18 beside the ethernet port) and connect the XR18 to a dual band external router (using an ethernet cable). Don't rely on the internal wifi (access point) or wifi client, since they are not reliable in a live gig setting. IMO it was a big mistake to include wifi into the X-Air consoles, since it has given so many of us so much grief over these years. They should have provided just the ethernet port, like with the X32 or Wing and made us use external wifi routers.
      • Nov 10
  • New
    larryannarelli
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-10

I just bought a new iPad Pro (11 inch) running iOS 14.7.1.  The xr18 is set to Access Point.  When I open the xair app I do not see the icon to select my xr18.   Does anyone have experience in this area?   One of my band mates has an older iPad and it connects just fine.  Is there a setting on my iPad that is causing this issue?

read more...
    0 1
  • New
    Sidsimp357
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-10

I've had my X Air X18 for a few years and hardly used it because of the setup learning curve.  "Life happened", so I actually forgot I even bought the thing, but now that I have time to focus on it, I have yet to find a concise video by Behringer or a third party to show me how to use the device in its simplest way for home studio recording.

I bought the unit to plug all of my vintage analog and MIDI gear into, and then route them into my DAW (Logic Pro X, GarageBand...whatever), but the tutorials are designed for experienced engineers using the mixer for live monitor connections (NOT my situation at all).

If anyone has links to videos which CLEARLY explain (STEP-BY-STEP) how to plug in and operate the Behringer X Air X18 as a studio interface, my purchase will be worth it; otherwise, I blew hundreds of dollars on a fantasy.

Respectfully,

sid

read more...
    0 4
  • New
    DocFear
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-09

I am having incredible difficulty in understanding how the forums here work.  I can find no formal channels or threads, making it very difficult to browse my areas of interest and get a feel for how/where/what to post.  That coupled with the fact that respose time from the server is not exactly spritely really makes me want to just find somewhere else despite the fact that I feel this really should be the right place for me.

Is there an FAQ or some kind of guide explaining the principles of how this space is supposed to work?

Thank you in advance,

Frustrated of Iowa :)

read more...
    0 14
    • DocFear
      PedroRodrigues Hi DocFear, thank you for your post, if you hover over the Music Tribe Logo on the top left side of the Forum page you will see 3 horizontal lines, please press it to access the menu on the picture below. Thank you
      • Nov 9
    • DocFear
      alaneeddag8437 Thanks for sharing!
      https://iogames-free.com
      • Nov 9
  • New
    Mike7300
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-05

How do I update the assigned name and color of a channel using mixing station with X air?Seems like this should be obvious but I can't figure it out. Once I click into a channel I don't see where the option is to change this.

0 7
  • New
    cammyjams
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-03

Hi guys, I'm using the X32 Editor on my PC. I have initialized the console in order to start a new scene template: setup/initialaize/mixer/ok.

Channels 23-24 are missing. I've closed the editor, restarted, re initialized and they are still not there. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

read more...
    0 11
  • New
    ib130258
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-04

Hi,

I installed firmware version 4.06 on my X32 desk and found out that the midi implementation has expanded, together with the scenes menu. This make many thing possible, thanks for this great leap forward. But I cannot found any detailed updated ducumentation for this. Still working on this?

I recently wanted to use the 'GO' button as a master 'GO' over midi to DMXControl 3.2.2 (DMX lighting software) in order to synchronise theater lights and sound. So I was looking for documentation about midi and 'Go' button but I could not find anything about it.
    However, I discovered with a midi viewer tool that the 'GO' button sends a message out over midi. I managed to trigger this message in DMXControl and this works fine at some point. But on a regular bases, randomly, some of these message are not intercepted by DMXcontrol, that's a bummer... Issue opened with DMXControl.

But, why not inverse this master 'GO' and let DMXControl send the 'GO' message to the X32. I'm still figuring out how to do that in DMXControl.
    My question: will the X32 accept this command and how will it act?

Can someone help me out of point me to the correct and up to date documentation for frimware 4.06?

read more...
    0 11
    • ib130258
      Paul_Vannatto I think you are mistaken about the expansion of midi implementation. It hasn't changed much since firmware 3.x. Midi is actually a secondary language and and the commands are converted to the OSC protocol equivalent. For a complete documentation for both OSC and midi commands, have a look at Patrick's OSC Protocol document found here:
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Snbwx3m6us6L1qeP1_pD6s8hbJpIpD0a/view

Regarding the Go button, unfortunately there is no OSC command (thus no midi as well) to trigger the Go functionality. Instead, external software has to keep track of the current cue, scene or snippet, as well as the show control, then send an OSC command to load either the current cue, scene or snippet, or the next (current+1) or previous (current -1).
      • Nov 4
    • ib130258
      ib130258

OK. Thank you very much for the information about OSC. Unfortunately, DMXControl does not support OSC. However, X32 can send on each cue the same midi command (note on, not off in this case) and that can trigger DMXControl.
      What I understand is that X32 needs to received OSC standard midi to execute a specific cue. ... hm, I'm afraid that DMCControl is unable to do that. Thanks again for this information.

• Nov 5
  • New
    LuukvanKuipers
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-11-02
    I expected that if I route the inputs from my SD16 to local 1-8/9-16 all channel settings previously set under 17-24/25-32 would move with it.
    But channel name, sends, pan and linked channels don't move with it, but gain settings do.
    Routing the SD16 back to 17-24/25-32 all channel gain settings are lost.

Is there an explicable reason for that?

read more...
    0 3
    • LuukvanKuipers
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Luuk, changing the input banks (of 8) from one bank to another (eg. from AES50 A1-8 to Local 1-8) has no affect on the channel strips settings. The only thing it will change is the what the respective channel source index is referencing. For example if channel 3 is assigned to the 3rd source (in the drop down list) and the Routing, Inputs changes from AES50 A1-8 to Local 1-8, channel 3 will have it's source change from AES50 3 to Local 3.

The gains (and phantom) are part of the actual preamps (located at the respective XLR inputs). So changing from AES50 A1-8 to Local 1-8, the gains (and phantom) will not be transferred. If you do need to copy from one bank of 8 gains/phantoms to another, both X32 Scene Parser and X32 Live Toolbox have tools to do that.
      • Nov 2
    • LuukvanKuipers
      LuukvanKuipers Hi Paul, That's a pity but is what it is. One small remark, the gain setting was the only setting that was moving with it.
      • Nov 3
  • New
    pilgrims1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-03

WING is greatest console.

And developer your are great too.

Best listener from your customers.

Thanks a lot.

My own remain wish is here.

1. DCA SPILL function like M32 X32 latest firmware.

2. SHOW CONTROL block enable.

3. PC edit control program like X32-edit with PLUGIN VIEW page. attached image is my wish.

4. More assignable parameters, example selected channel's parameters.

5. Right Uper control section make could control like custom control block for more selected channel's parameters.

read more...
    1 17
    • pilgrims1
      Paul_Vannatto The show control has not yet been developed for the Wing. Currently only the snapshots and presets loading and saving are available.
      • Nov 3
Go to page