Statistics

268,264 members
147,828 posts
  • New
    GuitarsandDogs1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-27

I'm trying to use the USB recorder on the XR12 mixer.  When I playback through the XR12, it sounds fine.  When I take the USB device to my PC and play the wave file, you can barely hear it.  I've played it through Windows Media Player and iTunes.  When I record,  routing is set to Main L POS on both.  I've also tried Main L POS with Main R POS, just in case.  There was virtually no difference.

Any ideas?  

read more...
    0 10
    • GuitarsandDogs1
      DouglasLohman I have the same issue with XR18 and X32. When I import multi-track to a DAW (Protools for example) I have to boost the gain drastically, at both the input gain and in the EQ. If I am just recording the L&R, I import them into Audacity or Ocenaudio and normalize them. Both examples work well.
      • December 28, 2021
    • GuitarsandDogs1
      GuitarsandDogs1

So far, setting the LR Main source to pre-fader has made some improvement. I'm using Audacity in the meantime.

• December 29, 2021
  • New
    DouglasLohman
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-12-28

M32/X32

I installed an X32rack in a church 2 years ago, they want to go all streaming.

Is there a way to get a L&R stereo signal out of the mixer, pre L&R fader, yet separately adjustable? You can use the matrix, but it will be mono. L&R outputs feed the PA.

L&R 1/4" outs will send the L&R but is affected by the L&R fader. Is there a way to send a L&R Pre fader signal to the Matrix and get stereo?

I tried linking a couple of Matrix channels...

Maybe I'm over thinking this.  Do they really need stereo? Maybe the pre or post L&R can be controlled after it leaves the mixer, by the input gain of the unit it's sent to (AD converter, etc). One could also send it via USB.

Thanks

read more...
    0 8
    • DouglasLohman
      KevinMaxwell This is a cut and paste and edit of something I recently wrote that I hope covers your question.

How many inputs are you presently using on the X32? If you have spare inputs you can double assign some inputs so you can use them just for the streaming feed. Keep in mind that live streaming is very susceptible to being over driven. See below how we dealt with that. The method I describe isn’t perfect but unless you have a separate room (and another person that can mix the streaming audio feed) and split all of the inputs this method is a good compromise.

One church I helped set up their X32 for live streaming we took each channel post fader to a Mix Bus (7) and if you needed more or less of that in the live stream they would adjust to taste. This included the vocal reverb that was used for the house mix. They could also send channels to Mix Bus 7 without sending it to the L/R for the house feed. And don’t forget that you have the parametric EQ on the Mix Bus available for shaping the sound. Mix Bus 7 was then sent to Matrix 5 and 6 as the output to the stream. If you want stereo and you have 2 Mix Bus sends available you can use 2 Mix Bus sends to feed the matrix outputs.

I used the compressor on Mix Bus 7 at about a 7:1 ratio and set the threshold so it was always doing a little something. I set the attack and release to AUTO mode and I set the knee to 5. This was then routed to Matrix 5/6 and the matrix compressor was set to limiting (brick wall limiting) ratio to 100 percent and 0 knee, also set it to peak not RMS. And the level was set while watching a test live stream and was set to be just under clipping. This was to keep the signal clean and as loud as we could get it but keep it from clipping. Keep in mind that the dynamic range of live sound is not going to work for any kind of broadcasting feed. Actually at first to get in the ball park I sent a steady tone to the stream and adjusted the Matrix outputs and the limiter to where I heard a clean tone on the streamed return. If the tone is clipping it is very obvious. Then we used playback of a band and we needed to bring it all down a little bit. This church has a Box Caster so there are no adjustments at all in the streaming device. If you are using a way to stream that gives you some control you will need to look into that. There may be a way to increase your output from there. But you will still need to beware of the level you are feeding to that and that is where the compression and limiting come into play.

And although it might drive you a little bit craze because of the extreme delay you could have one person with a tablet (hooked up to control the live stream Mix Bus on the M32 over WiFi) mixing the Mix Bus feed while watching and listening to the live stream in another room. I say drive you crazy because any change you make on the Mix Bus you wouldn’t hear right away because of the time it takes for the live stream to reach the person watching and trying to mix it. When we were testing this setup it was around 26 seconds.

I hope this is of some help to you.
      • December 28, 2021
    • DouglasLohman
      DouglasLohman Thank you, That all makes sense! They are using a very simple set up, 4 speaking/singing mics and one piano. I think this will all be determined by the input capability of the audio streaming devise, and, whether or not they desire stereo. Thanks, again.
      • December 28, 2021
  • New
    andreaconfa
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-22

Hi all.

I'm setting up my X32 to use it in a sport palace/gym space where i have this speaker configuration:

2 (1xL and 1xR) speakers full range that i want to use mainlyfor the music but also to speaked part
    4 speakers mounted on top of the stalls the i want principally use for the speaked output but also some music.

The speakers are so arranged as the environment is very reverberant and therefore in order to have a good reception of the spoken part, speakers installed close to people are necessary but they are not able to reproduce the music well enough, which therefore wants to be reproduced. big main speakers.

So what i need is that the "Music Speaker" to output some of the speaked part and also the stalls speaker to output some part of the music mainly played on the "music Speaker"

This speaker configuration is done like this because the environment

From the begenning i setted up my main L/R output to the "Music Speaker" and a Mixbus 1and2 to the stalls speaker.

With this configuration i'm able to send the music to the stalls speaker and adjust it as i want indipendently of the main ouput but i can't adjust how much "microphone" i want to output to the music speaker.

How can i setup a configuration as described in whic i can manually define how much of every input goes the the outputs?

An idea was to us MixBus1and2 for the music speakers and MixBus 3and4 for the stallsspeaker but i don't known if is the correct setting.

EXAMPLE:

Input 1: Microphone

Input 2: Music

Outputs have to be:

Big Speaker: Music 80%, Microphone 20%

Stalls Speakers: Microphone 80%, Music 20%

Sorry for my very bad english and thanks

read more...
    0 16
    • andreaconfa
      Paul_Vannatto Make sure the channel sends to mixbus 1/2 are pre fader. Then you will have independent control of the channel signals for both the Main LR and Mixbus 1/2
      • December 22, 2021
    • andreaconfa
      KevinMaxwell The way I would do this that I think makes it easier to operate and give you more flexibility is as follows. Use a Mix Bus for your microphones (post fader) and use another Mix Bus for your music (post fader) you can use 2 for music if you want. Then use a Matrix send for your Big Speakers and use another Matrix send or 2 for your Stall speakers. Then send the different Mix Bus sends to the Matrix that is feeding the Big Speakers at the percentages that you want and you can do the same thing with the Mix Bus sends to the Matrix that is feeding the Stall speakers.

Think of the Matrix as a mixer in a mixer that you can send the Mix Bus sends to in the percentages that you want. This may at first seem more complicated than it really is but if gives you the flexibility to make it sound the way you want with the ability to add more inputs to the Mix Bus sends and then to the matrix outputs as needed.

I would also suggest that you use the delay capabilities of the Matrix outputs and delay the Matrix that is feeding the Stall speakers. This is called time aligning the speakers. If the sound to the Big speakers and the Stall speakers are coming out at the exact same time it will cause more of an echo in the room. The sound from Big speakers takes time to (acoustically in the air) reach the stall speakers so if you delay the sound feeding the Stall speakers so that it matches the time it takes for the sound of the Big speakers to reach where the Stall speakers are it will sound a lot better. In the X32 the delay settings are in the routing menu and are ties into the XLR outputs that you will have the Matrix outs assigned to. The delay settings are displayed in the X32 as Feet, Meters and milliseconds. Measure the distance from the Big Speakers to the Stall speakers and set the delay time for the feed to the stall speakers to that distance. This will get you close to the right delay needed.

Once you have this setup right you just have to bring up the inputs and they will be going to the Matrixes in the way that you want them to. And if you want more things going to the different speakers you can use more Mix Bus sends for different things and route them to the matrix in the percentages that you want.
      • December 22, 2021
    • andreaconfa
      andreaconfa I setted up the mixer with four (L and R) mix busses. two for the big speaker and two for the stalls speaker. with this setup i can route everything i want and decide the levels of the mix busses.
      With this setup i can route the mix busses directly to the output. Why i also need to use matrix?

Is possible to use la main LR fader to tune the volume of all my 4 mix-busses? this will be the perfect setup i think, because now pratically my LR master fader doesn't do nothing
      • December 23, 2021
      • Need Help to setup multispeaker output
        KevinMaxwell As you learn more you will see the advantages of the method I suggested. One of the reasons to do it that way that I didn’t mention was on purpose because I didn’t want to overwhelm you all at once. It is related to system tuning.

I assume since the Big speakers and the Stall speakers are different so you will want to EQ them differently to get them to sound the way you would like. And the best way to do that is to tune them to sound as natural as you can using the EQ in the Matrix, you can also insert a graphic EQ from the Effects section into the Matrix to do that. If you use a Graphic EQ pick the TruEQ version. If you do that then the music will sound nice thru them. And then in the Mix Bus that you feed the mic or mics to will want to EQ that more aggressively to give you the best gain before feedback.

Another thing – whichever way you do this you will not be using the L/R masters so the best way to have a master over the whole system is to use a DCA. I use DCA8 as my master. Assign the Mix Bus(es) that you use to DCA8 and I like to name it MASTER and use RED as the color for DCA8 scribble strip.

I hope this helps you to understand this better.
        • December 23, 2021
    • andreaconfa
      Paul_Vannatto whamil, this has nothing to do with the original poster's topic. Please start your own discussion (above) and delete these posts you made. Starting a new discussion will allow you to attach files such as zip files.
      • December 27, 2021
      • Need Help to setup multispeaker output
        whamil I'm sorry, I thought it did, though I couldn't attach the relevant scenes, which give flexible control to individual hardware outputs, as I thought kevinmaxwell is writing about with the matrix. I can provide these ready-to-go scenes, if there is interest.
        • December 27, 2021
  • New
    kevinshunt
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-27

I've had two different scenarios where our X32 glitched out, fixed one & still having issues trying to resolve the other.  I am a volunteer at our church so this is daunting for me.

First situation which is fixed: feeding audio to our livestream PC through mixbus #7 & but suddenly only one mic is coming through, all the rest are silent . . . nothing is wrong with the routing or settings on the mixer surface, no idea why this is happening.  I applied firmware 4.06 and this is resolved, not sure why though.

Current situation: This just started happening now (mixing is like a box of chocolates...), sound from our slide computer isn't coming out our FOH main speakers, although the mixer is getting the sound - we can hear it through our monitor speaker from the mixer, and all the right meters are bouncing up & down, again all the routing and settings look good.  We get sound from other mics to FOH main speakers.  The audio is coming in on AUX IN.  I tried going backwords to an earlier firmware, no luck, then re-applied v4.06 but nothing - i'm stumped and thinking of doing factory reset, this is very strange.

Any other ideas or thoughts?

Thank you!

Kevin

read more...
    0 8
    • kevinshunt
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Kevin, your described scenario can be caused by a couple of settings. Check that the channel's Main LR is enabled. Also check to see if the channel is assigned to one of the DCA's and that DCA is either muted or the fader is all the way down.
      • December 26, 2021
  • New
    Ajak
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-26

I filled in all the fields but my tech support ticket won't go through.

0 4
  • New
    PeterWison
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-12-25

Hi.

I want to add distortion to my live vocals.

I want to Split my Signal coming from 1 mic. One Signal should habe no FX, the other one, i want to Send to a 2nd behringer channel and make it Clip/distorted. I could either Send IT through a preamp and drive it very hard. Then mix both signals. 

Like the guy here

https://youtu.be/mLr16o5QkPM

Or i there a buikt in fx in the x edit softwate that does the same?

How should i do the routing etc...?

Can this be done with the xair18?

Thank you so much 

read more...
    0 7
  • New
    gel0209
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-25

I'm using an Behringer XENYX 1202 analoog mengpaneel (mixer). I'm a amateur singer. My Ipad is my soundsource. And I sing the melody, like a karaoke-set-up. I'm looking for a SMALL mixer with effecten AND a switch to turn off the effx as I want to talk to the audiance inbetween my songs.  The smallest I can find is Behringer QX1204USB.

I would like one that is even smaller with all the in & outs on top and NOT at the behind.....
    What can you suggest.... ?????

read more...
    0 4
  • New
    andreaconfa
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-24

Hi all. 
    I have a fixed unsupervised setup with an X32 and a S16 digital snake. 

there is a power switch that powers up x32, s16 and the three amplifiers connected to the s16 xlr outputs. 

the problem that I have is that when the consolle, after booting up, connects to the s16, there is a pop that clip my amplifiers. After that the setup work fine. 
    the s16 is connected to the x32 with 3 meters cat7 shielded cable.  

Amplifiers have anti pop delay at startup but since the boot process of the x32 take around 15 seconds, this is not enough

how I can prevent this issue?

read more...
    0 6
  • New
    dannymozzer
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-12-22

Hi,

I just received my Behringer Flow 8, and I think it's great, however, I noticed it was strange how the sound was still coming through even though none of the faders on the app and device were turned up, I later discovered that's because the Recording mode is Pre-Fader, I was wondering if it's only Pre-Fader?

Because not being able to control the volume of each channel through the mixer/app when recording multitrack isn't very helpful, at first I thought it was a bug until again, I realised it's because of this. If it's not something that can be changed, is this a feature that might be added in the future?

Thanks,

Dan

read more...
    0 21
    • dannymozzer
      kiskadar69 The FLOW 8 block diagram shows that the Recording mode is Pre-Fader. I don't think this is strange, because it allows you to mix the recorded tracks later in the DAW as you like.
      • December 22, 2021
    • dannymozzer
      DavidThomson1 there's been some pre/post fader changes made in the latest firmware, however you need v1.5 of the app to be able to change them and it hasn't been released as yet so not sure exactly what pre and post is now included
      • December 23, 2021
    • dannymozzer
      • FLOW 8 - Multitrack is only Pre-Fader?
        dannymozzer That's great to know, and that is an interesting point, how it mentions V1.5 of the app but it isn't out yet ? is there any way to perhaps access public beta's? Or anyone from Behringer who can let us know when we can expect 1.5 of the app?
        • December 23, 2021
      • FLOW 8 - Multitrack is only Pre-Fader?
        DavidThomson1 ive been checking twice and more per day for the app to be updated, but nothing yet. its this one feature that was missing that means my flow has sat in its case since I bought it. last night was a very small performance space and the flow would have been perfect for it, but once again I coolant use it because of the sends on faders issue. I may end up returning the unit to get my money back, then once the issues are resolved re purchase it, as ro date its had 4 months of no use since purchase that's eating into my warranty time.
        • December 27, 2021
  • New
    Alexreis
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-22

Olá, Boa noite!

Tenho uma XR12 e ao ligar percebi que a mesma encontra-se com a luz de Rede amarela ligada direto e com isso eu não consigo conexão com o aplicatico no IPad ou Notbook, Parecendo que a mesma está travada, será algum problema na placa? aonde consigo fazer a compra da placa para troca?

No aguardo..

Att, Alexreis

Hello Goodnight!

I have an XR12 and when I turn it on I noticed that it is with the yellow Network 
    light turned on directly and with that I can't connect to the app on the iPad or Notbook.
    where can I buy the exchange card? Awaiting .. Att, Alexreis
    read more...
    0 5
    • Alexreis
      Paul_Vannatto If the switch is set on Ethernet (far left), you need to connect an external router in order to connect your tablet and notebook.
      • December 22, 2021
Go to page