Statistics

268,281 members
147,850 posts
  • bobcatchuck
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-26

My church has been making changes due to COVID.  We started streaming and that has evolvedover time.  We would like to route our sound to the new computer using the usb card if possible.  We have currently using mix bus 5 and using an xlr cable to 1/4" jack and we have found that has to many chances for interferance.  I would like to route bus 5 to the usb output.  Any help would be appreciated.

read more...
    1 38
    • bobcatchuck
      RexBeckett There are several ways to do this - depending on what console resources are available. One way is to stage the Mixbus on the Aux Out table and route the Aux Out block to the Card (USB) output. Using X32 Edit, that would look like the screenshots below. I have shown Mixbus 5 being routed to USB Sends 1 & 2 so it should work for both mono and stereo streaming.
      • July 26, 2020
    • bobcatchuck
      bobcatchuck I did that and my computer recognized the USB and even shows the sound coming in but I cant hear it coming through the speakers or headphones. I disabled all microphone inputs except for the USB and disabled any and all outputs except for the headphone jack. OBS was not picking it up at all. I am sorry I am new to this and still learning.
      • July 30, 2020
      • How to route sound to computer using XUSB card
        RexBeckett A PC does not automatically route audio inputs to speakers. You would do that with a DAW or other audio software. Check OBS settings for sound source and select the X32. You may want to get the ASIO for OBS plugin to give you more options.
        • ·
        • July 30, 2020
  • fraticen
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-07-23

Need to order an Behringer full size X 32 Main PCB

0 36
    • fraticen
      john0121 Hi Noel, if you click the support button at the top of the page you can create a support ticket and set the type to "Spare parts". Fill this out and the team will be able to tell you the best way to get one in your region.
      • July 22, 2020
  • bobcatchuck
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-21

I want to update the X32 Firmware but I am afraid I will loose all settings on the board. Can anyone confirm if I will loose everything or not? Also if so how do I back up the board and reload the backup? It says to backup the board before updating the firmware but I cant find how to back it up.

read more...
    0 1,570
    • bobcatchuck
      Paul_Vannatto The best way to backup the X32 (prior to firmware 4.x) is to export your show to a show package (on USB stick). Then go to the Setup section and make note of your settings on the global, config and network screens.
      • July 21, 2020
    • bobcatchuck
      DavidKnighton Hello bobcatchuck. If you're upgrading to version 4 firmware from version 3 or version 2, then you will most likely purge your current settings. There are many changes to the operating system, most notably in the ROUTING section. You should always have a backup of your show files and scenes, regardless of whether you're updating the firmware.
      • July 23, 2020
    • bobcatchuck
      Mihai Sd card inside on the console is full and is blocked.
      I try to upgrade firmware On x32 from 4.00 to 4.02 and ghe sdcard bootloader 120 Mb is full and blocked all the console.
      • August 27, 2020
      • X32 Firmware Update
        Mihai What can I do ?
        • August 27, 2020
  • richone2020
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-21

I cannot hear the multiprocessor effects through the headphones on my xenyx x1204usb mixer. I have tried all configurations that come to mind.  Can anyone help me?

0 44
    • richone2020
      RexBeckett Which output are you using for your headphones? Can you attach photos of the mixer showing all the controls and connections the way that you have it set up?
      • July 22, 2020
  • songshop
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-07-21

There doesn't seem to be a way of doing this anymore. I can only save them individually. Is this so? I used to be able to using utility.

0 84
    • songshop
      GaryHiggins This has to be done as a show file. To save a show you need to change the focus of the mixer (PC Show Control) from scenes to cues. You can then see the option for show import/export.
      • July 21, 2020
    • songshop
      songshop Right, so the only way now to export all your scenes is via the cue list? Wow, if so that's just plain stupid imho. Anyway there are worse things in the world ;) Thanks Gary
      • July 21, 2020
    • songshop
      songshop Actually it works well haha...I must have missed the heads up to the change if there was one. Thanks again Gary.
      • July 21, 2020
      • Saving all scenes on X32 firmware v4
        GaryHiggins It's been that way for a long while...I agree that saving shows should be available from the scenes page as well as cues. Not sure of the reason it's not. It's even more of a secret on an actual mixer, I believe you to do a page up move (or down) there besides being at the cue focus.
        • July 21, 2020
    • songshop
      Paul_Vannatto You can still select all scenes without having to export a show, by using the Utility button, select scenes using first encoder, then exporting all selected using 6th encoder. It can also be done in X32-Edit using the Ctrl key and clicking on the desired scenes.
      • July 21, 2020
        GaryHiggins You know, after all this time you might think I would know this...but I did not! Thanks Paul. I would probably still export a show file but none the less this is new to me and good to know!
        • July 21, 2020
    • songshop
      songshop one other thing chaps, I have never understood - can you save the assign controls for separate retrieval?
      • July 21, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Yes, but not directly with the X32 UI. The assignment controls are included in the scene. These can be extracted (or parsed) from an exported scene file using either a text editor or Scene Parser (https://sourceforge.net/projects/x32sceneparser/) to create a snippet file that can be imported into the X32 snippet list.
        • July 21, 2020
        songshop Thanks so much Paul
        • July 28, 2020
  • mlagunovich
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-20

Hi all. I know you are able to load X32 scenes on an M32 but can you load an M32 scene on an X32 properly? Thanks

0 45
    • mlagunovich
      GaryHiggins Yes
      • July 20, 2020
      • X32 and M32 Saving and Loading Scenes
        mlagunovich Thank you. Will there be any work-arounds or will it be pretty seamless?
        • July 20, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto It will be seamless, since the X32 and M32 have identical DSP engine
        • ·
        • July 20, 2020
        mlagunovich Thank you!
        • July 21, 2020
  • badrilamichhane
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-20
    Hi I hvae a Behringer X32 digital mixer and I'm using pro tools . I can record via X32 but I can out sound and I can't control mixer from pro tools .
    0 58
    • badrilamichhane
      Paul_Vannatto What do you have assigned to the Routing, Input? Signals from Pro Tools will come in as Card In. What controls are you expecting Pro Tools to do with the X32?
      • July 19, 2020
  • Dougal
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-07-19
    Good afternoon. As per the title, when I connect the XR18 to an Ubuntu computer, all channels are present as expected and audio levels from laptop to XR18 are fine. The trouble is that the return audio is very very quiet, barely registering on the audio settings dialog for the computer. I am fully aware that this might be (probably is) more an Ubuntu problem than a Behringer one so i have a similar question on the AskUbuntu forum. But, hey just maybe someone here has met the same problems. Ta in advance. Dougal
    read more...
    0 354
    • Dougal
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Dougal, I'm using linux Mint, which is Ubuntu based and not having any issues with the XR18 (or MR18, X32 or Wing). Make sure you are using Alsa not Jack. But if you are getting low signal from XR18 to your DAW, it is possible that your routing in the XR18 is incorrect. What do you have set on the In/Out, USB Sends screen?
      • July 19, 2020
    • Dougal
      RexBeckett The default routing on In/out -> USB Sends feeds the USB output (to the PC) directly from the XR18 preamps. The output level depends on the preamp gain settings. These should be set so that the input meters peak at about -12dBFS at performance volume. This gives a good recording level with sufficient headroom for performance variation. If the recorded level of the tracks is lower than shown by the XR18 input meters, check if Ubuntu is applying digital attenuation in the audio settings for the XR18 USB device.

If the USB Sends have been routed from other points in the channel processing, it would affect the recorded levels.
      • July 19, 2020
    • Dougal
      Dougal Hi Paul and Rex.
      Thanks for your replies.
      Here is a screenshot of the USB routing page.
      Where would I find the Ubuntu digital attenuation settings? I have tried using the Settings > Sound page, the effects of the input level that is set there appears in:
      pacmd list-sources.
      Yes, my system uses alsa.
      • July 19, 2020
      • XR18 USB audio to Ubuntu 18 laptop is quiet.
        Dougal Hi David. Sure thing, also in screenshot is Pulse Audio Volume Control showing laptop input gain (153%) and input level (only just registering)
        • July 22, 2020
  • johnlane
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-19
    I am puzzled about why the playback level from the sd card is very much lower ( say 15db) than the level coming in to the channel at time of recording. I note that there is a record level trim available for the two track USB recorder but nothing equivalent for the SD recorder. This seems incorrect to me as I would expect to get back what I put in. Any thoughts ?
    read more...
    0 50
    • johnlane
      Paul_Vannatto What is your routing assignments to the X-Live?
      • July 18, 2020
    • johnlane
      johnlane I have the xlive set for 8 in/ 8 out automatic play/ record,the mixer is running at 44.1kHz
      • July 19, 2020
    • johnlane
      GaryHiggins I think Paul was getting at what you used for your "card out" settings. If you use local ch's you don't get the full ch processing going to the sd recorder.
      • July 19, 2020
    • johnlane
      johnlane Sorry hit the wrong key and sent reply prematurely. Under the routing the card is set to local1-8
      • July 19, 2020
    • johnlane
      GaryHiggins Ok, For card out, I would try using p16 out 1-8 (ultranet 1-8) instead of local 1-8. In your ultranet out menu (see below) set 1-8 to be direct outs of ch's 1-8 and set the tap points to be post fader for each ch. Local always uses the input/LC tap and can't be changed. See if that does it. You can change the tap points if something else there fits your needs better.
      • July 19, 2020
  • AndrewOulton
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-18
    Going on the product page for it and looking in the downloads section there don't seem to be any files available for the rack version, just the other models in the family. Where do I have to go for this?
    0 50
    • AndrewOulton
      Paul_Vannatto It is the same firmware for all X32 models. But the firmware (4.02) is available on the X32 Rack page (https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0AWN) on the right side under Firmware.
      • July 18, 2020
    • AndrewOulton
      AndrewOulton I had been on the product page and could swear I had looked for it and not found it there, but following the link I did find it there. No idea where I went wrong in my previous search, but I've got it now. Many thanks!
      • July 18, 2020
    • AndrewOulton
      AndrewOulton As a side note though these aren't listed on the Download center so this may be something worth following up on. It only shows the 4 media files. All of the other varients of the X32 each seem to show all of the drivers , firmware, software, etc for each ... except for the Rack.
      • July 18, 2020
Go to page