Statistics

289,865 members
172,429 posts
  • Midas
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-07-04

Dear Midas mCloud users,

We would like to inform you that the Midas mCloud platform will be temporarily unavailable due to necessary engineering changes and maintenance between:

July 11, Monday 9AM GMT until July 13, Wednesday 5PM GMT

This will include the web app and console-connected services, such as show file synchronization and update functionality.

Before this date, please ensure you have your resources synchronized to your console or on a physical medium, such as a USB flash drive, as you will be unable to access them via the cloud platform for the duration of this period.

During maintenance, cloud users and the console will continue to work in offline mode. Data stored on the console will synchronize to the cloud once the service resumes.

We recommend refraining from editing files on multiple devices during the maintenance period to avoid data conflicts upon synchronization.

If you have any questions, problems, or concerns, please reach out to us via a support ticket.

Thank you for your patience and understanding,
    Your Midas Engineering Team

read more...
    0 122
  • New
    Mikhail89
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-30

Good day!

In my project I wanted to use Midas M32C with Klark Technik Dante card.

But now it is very difficult to get this card...

How knows if any alternatives for DN32 for Midas exist?

Thank you!

0 7
  • New
    leftneok
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-24

Good morning from Greece,

You have really created an awesome mixer.

We are anxiously waiting for storing and loading presets feature for channels, effects, racks, e.t.c., as in PRO Series.

Keep Going

0 6
    • leftneok
      Dale_M Many thanks for your positive feedback, I will pass your remarks over to the Design team.
      • Jun 25
  • New
    JDtheDJ
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-20

I'm trying to get FX on an individual channel in my Monitor but can only get FX on the entire Bus Send Mix - is this possible - is there a step by step tutorial - I can only find general info in Videos

0 13
    • JDtheDJ
      KevinMaxwell Please explain in detail how you have things setup and also edit you original post here and you should be able to attach your scene file here so with both of those things we can help you.
      • Jun 21
    • JDtheDJ
      JDtheDJ Thank You for the reply- Sorry, I don't have a scene file as the mixer is at my warehouse location - The setup is Standard Live, 24 channels to the Mains L-R, and 8 Aux Sends for Monitor Channels - the artists are using In-Ear Monitors, so I usually provide some Reverb FX on the Vocal Channel in their Monitor Mix. On other mixers I just send the individual Vocal Channel to an FX processor and return it back to the mix- Affecting Only the Vocal Channel Selected, leaving the other channels in the Monitor Mix unaffected. -- I am trying to do this with the M32 console without success. -- I can get Discreet Reverb FX on any selected channel in the Mains to L-R Mix by Pressing the "Select" button above the Channel Slider and using the 4 illuminated knobs in the "Sends" section on the Top Panel next to the LCD Display - I am trying to do the same in the Monitor Channel and can only seem to get Reverb FX that is Applied to the Entire Aux/Monitor Mix as a Whole - This is acheived by Pressing USB/Aux button Left of Faders, and turning up FX Return Faders on 9-16 - any help on this is greatly appreciated
      • Jun 21
      • MIDAS M32 Monitor FX
        KevinMaxwell There is a lot of information there but there is also a lot missing that would be made clear by looking at a scene file. I understand that you don't have the mixer there but it is a really good idea to be regular backing up you scenes to a USB. I carry some USB Thumb drive with me almost all of the time so even though I don’t have an M32 here I have most of the scenes on me or on my computer. Are you sure that you don’t have a backed up scene file accessible now?

So what it means is I want to help you but I can do that so much quicker with your scene file.
        • Jun 21
    • JDtheDJ
      JDtheDJ Kevin-Thank You Again for the prompt reply - This is a new mixer just unboxed- I really don't have a scene file completely loaded into it- I am configuring it for use in an upcoming show- This is not my first M32 but I haven't run one in about 3 years due to Covid, so I'm a little rusty -- I'm just trying to get FX Reverb on a Discreet Single Channel in the Aux/Monitor Mix and not having any success - When I apply FX Reverb following the instructions in all the online materials that I have available, it applies FX Reverb to the Entire Monitor Mix rather than a single channel in the mix - Once Again, this is in the Monitor Mix in "Flip Fader" Mode- do you know a Step-By-Step procedure to acheive what I am trying to get? - I will be going to the warehouse tomorrow evening and will try to get a scene file
      • Jun 21
      • MIDAS M32 Monitor FX
        KevinMaxwell LONG reply

This is an edited write up (with some additions) that I posted before about reverb routing I don’t know if this will answer your question.

I will also add here, I didn’t like the reverbs with the stock settings for vocals on the X32/M32. I modified 2 of them, the Plate and the Vintage reverb to sound more like I wanted it to.

The one thing that really shows up and makes it real easy to distinguish the differences is to listen to a dry track of a snare drum. It really shows the sometimes strange tail of the reverb that some of them have. And to make it clear I don’t like that strange reverb tail. The best way I can describe it is a fluttering sound.

If you want I can email you a zip file with the modified reverbs and the instructions on how to load them into your mixer.

Now to you question. ----
        The FX sends to things like reverbs by default are on Mix Bus 13-16 this means that the standard way to send a channel to a reverb is to bring up the Mix Bus send (for example 13) from a channel to the reverb on Mix Bus 13 and that is FX1 by default and returned to FX1 in the “FX RETURNS” layer on the M32 (or X32 if that is the mixer you are using). And this goes the same way for FX2-4 on Mix Bus 14-16.

You can send the return where you want. If you want it to go to the mains L/R you just need to select that on the FX returns (how much of each) that you want in the main outputs. You can control how much you send to each of the Mix Bus(es) and I would suggest that the send to those Mix Bus(es) (13-16)be set to be post fader sends. If you want reverb in the monitors you just need to bring up the FX return send to the Mix Bus(es) you are using as monitor sends. Be careful not to send an effect back to itself. In other words don’t send FX1 back to Mix Bus13 etc.

If you are using one vocal reverb anything you send to that reverb will also be what is returned from that reverb. So if you have 3 singers and you send all 3 of those channels to the one reverb you will hear all 3 of those singers coming back out of that reverb. If you are trying to have each singer only hear their own vocal reverb in their own monitor (IEM or floor wedge) you will need to use up 3 reverbs in the effects section. If you have one lead singer and multiple backup singers I usually have one reverb for the lead singer and I let the backup singers share a different reverb. I also then use slightly different reverb setting for those 2 reverbs.

Now regarding reverb in monitors if we ever put any reverb in the monitors it is usually just a very small amount. It seems like too much can make it harder for the singer to sing on pitch. So to hear their own reverb and another singers reverb wouldn’t matter that much if you aren’t sending it to there monitor too loud.

While we are on the subject of reverbs. I have the reverb time (Decay) for the different reverbs configured to be on rotary knobs in the user defined section. This way I can easily change the reverb decay time for different songs. I like a shorter time for a fast song and a longer time for a slow song. I also EQ the Mix Bus send to the reverb to roll off the highs and the lows because those frequencies aren’t usually wanted in the effect. I also set a Compressor on that Mix Bus so that it compresses the send to the reverb a bit. This way you can run the send to the reverb a little bit hotter without it getting to be too much on the louder passages. As with most things is sound season to taste.

I hope this helps you to do what you are looking to do.
        • Jun 22
    • JDtheDJ
      JDtheDJ Kevin - Thank you again for the prompt and detailed reply - Yes, I would appreciate a zip file on your Reverb Tweaks, I agree that that the on-board factory FXs are a bit thin, and I always like to have additional arrows in my quiver, and I will need your guidance on how to extract it from this discussion and load it into the M32 (are we allowed to communicate outside of the Music Tribe platform- if so, I can provide my email address) -- Thank You also for the Very Comprehensive treatise on M32(X32) Reverbs - however - I am still stuck with the same problem - I am a very experienced and certified Recording and Live Sound Engineer with a career spanning 4 decades - I have been trained on and used several Midas Platforms (Pro 1-7, M32) - but with the shutdowns from Covid, it's been almost 3 years since I've used them, and now I will be using my new m32 for an upcoming show - I have remembered all of the procedures on using the FX section to apply Reverb to single selected channels from the Mains Mix to L-R Out for FOH Mains Mix, but trying to apply Reverb to a single selected channel in the Monitor Mix without applying Reverb to the entire Monitor Mix really has me stuck - Any guidance on this would be greatly appreciated
      • Jun 22
      • MIDAS M32 Monitor FX
        KevinMaxwell I got your email address from your profile on the forum. And sent you the following to that email address along with the Reverbs and I figured I would post it here also.

Are you putting reverbs from the Effects section directly inserted on a channel? That is not a good idea since there is no way to do a wet and dry ratio. So if you do it that way all you have is reverb with no original signal. The reverbs are intended to be used in a side chain method you send to the reverb and then you mix in how much reverb you want mixed in with the original signal. I really need to see a saved scene in order to understand what you are doing.

BTW where in the world are you. I am in the USA in S.W. CT about 45 miles from Mid-Town Manhattan.
        • Jun 22
    • JDtheDJ
      JDtheDJ Hi Kevin - Thank you for the Zip file - I'll try it out after I get my issues sorted out - to answer your question, No, I am not putting returns directly into a channel- For Mains Reverb, I am following the M32 standard procedure, Selecting the desired channel, lighting up the 4 Knobs on the top panel next to the display, and mixing in the FX with those 4 knobs - That's the part that I have down pat - no problems there --- Using FX on Mains is not the problem --- Using FX in the Monitors Mix has me stumped --- I want to Select a Single Channel in the Monitor Mix and assign Reverb to it, without affecting the Mains Mix Reverb, and without Reverb affecting the Entire Monitor Mix ---- All I want is someone to tell me the correct sequence of buttons to push to make this happen ------ I cannot find anything online that addresses this specifically and there is nothing specific in the manual -- I deeply appreciate the zip file and all the information that you've given me so far - If you can clue me in to make my mixer do what I want it to or steer me in the right direction I will appreciate it greatly - Thanks Again for everything ! -- BTW, I am in Colorado Springs, Colorado at the base of Pikes Peak, where they will be having the Hill Climb race this weekend - If you watch any of the news coverage, I am one of several vendors that have sound systems at this event -- I may not be able to get a scene file to you until next week, it seems that I am out of USB's and I am too busy until Tuesday to go get any -- Thanks Again!
      • Jun 23
      • MIDAS M32 Monitor FX
        KevinMaxwell You said the following “I am out of USB's and I am too busy until Tuesday to go get any” that stuck in the back of my mind and I wanted to clarify something about the USB and the M32/X32 mixers. The scene files take up about 68kb of space so any USB thumb drive that you have would work just fine (with just a little bit of spare space) to copy it from the M32. I would also recommend that you copy scenes from the M32 to a USB Thumb Drive so you have them as backup.

Now as far as using USB Thumb Drive to record audio using the USB port on top of the M32 or an X32 the recommendations are 32Gb max, USB 2.0, formatted as FAT32. Some people have used larger capacity USB devices as long as they are formatted to FAT32 but I don’t know if the USB 3.0 is usable at all. I would also recommend that when recording that you use a USB device with nothing else on it and that is been formatted and not just the quick method but one that is clean of anything else. I may be describing that awkwardly but I hope you understand what I am trying to say.
        • Jun 24
  • New
    Bleach88
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-23

Im trying to program the console so I can control wireless mics using DCAs that change between scenes.

I want the name/icon to change, but the faders to stay the same after the scene change. Is there any way to do this?

I have it now so that the names can change, but the faders also change. If I select the DCAs in the Chan Safe screen, it locks in everything. It seems I  can either have nothing safe, or everything safe. 

any advice would be much appreciated!

read more...
    1 10
    • Bleach88
      KevinMaxwell You will need an external program like this one. http://jamesholt.audio/x32tc/ I don't know too much about it.

I use Palladium from https://www.chsounddesign.com/ I am not a part of either of them. But I did write some of the mixer files or part of them over the years. I wrote part of the M32/X32 mixer files for Palladium so you will see my name on those files. the mixer file for Palladium can be setup to do exactly what you want to do. it isn't a free program But it is very powerful. There is a 30day free trial that can be downloaded.

If you are in the USA I can even help you by phone to get you set up and working.
      • Jun 23
  • New
    HomerWentz
    Contributor - Level 3
    2022-06-22

Hi: I've attempted to look up  discussions about this topic. I read them several years ago. My question is: Has this issue been resolved by 'Midas'.   I had heard there was a fix for this a few years back from  a tech at Panergy OEM in NJ. Recently when I spoke with someone there, they didn't say there was a fix and that I would have to give the MR18 to analyse. And, it could be tied up for several months because of 'supply' problems, etc..

Thank you in advance for any help.

read more...
    0 12
    • HomerWentz
      Paul_Vannatto What is the reason for the overheating? I'm using my MR18 for outdoor events, but in an AV tent (not direct sunlight) and haven't had any wifi issues. Also, are you trying to use the built-in wifi? If so, don't. Get yourself a good dual band (or triple band) wifi router. Never rely on the built-in wifi for any live event.
      • Jun 22
    • HomerWentz
      HomerWentz

• Jun 22
    • HomerWentz
      HomerWentz

Paul, I am so frustrated. I was just about finished with my reply when my computer did a'save' or something and it lost what i had typed. I'm too bummed to retype my reply right now. I'll get back to you later. Anyway thanks for your quick reply

• Jun 22
    • HomerWentz
      HomerWentz

I don't know what is going on but the Music Tribe forum just got rid of what I was typing again. I'll try one more time.

• Jun 22
    • HomerWentz
      HomerWentz

In June of last year with the unit out in the open and receiving some sun, around 6:30PM the WiFi crashed. Last week,, same venue (baseball stadium), unit was protected from the sun. WiFi crashed again after being on for about an hour. Both times it was rather hot (although this year there was a strong wind) Over the past several years I have used the MR18 both indoor and out w/o a problem. (This is using the built-in WiFi) Are you saying the built-in WiFi has an "overheating" problem and Midas is aware, but, there is no fix? Earlier today I had the unit on at my house (indoors) for a couple of hours. When I felt the unit, it felt quite warm. Warmer then last week at the baseball stadium. WiFi OK. Go figure! And, it sounds like you have been using an outboard WiFi router for all your events(?)

• Jun 22
  • New
    KlausZimmermann
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-06-18

looking for a DL1G2.5.1 version or latest below V3.x

TX!

0 6
    • KlausZimmermann
      Nigel67 Hi KlausZimmermann. Could I ask why you would require such old software? I am not sure whether we would still have software this old. Many thanks
      • Jun 18
    • KlausZimmermann
      KlausZimmermann

compatibilty issue with a rapide which runs on 2.5.2...

• Jun 18
      • Pro1 firmware version 2.5.x - no 3.x
        Nigel67 Are you trying to backdate your PRO1 so that it works with the Rapide? Support for the Rapide ended many years ago, however even though new software versions of consoles were released, it was found that the Rapide still continued to work. However, I do not have any information on when the Rapide stopped working (if infact it has). I am sure it was still working with the early versions of G3 software. What is the problem that you are experiencing? Have you just purchased this Rapide, or were you running an old software version on the PRO1 with it and then upgraded the PRO1. Do not try upgrading the Rapide as it could seriously corrupt the software in it.
        • Jun 19
  • New
    MadLife
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-15

Our Pro2c is having some issues - cas number CAS-603685-C9Y7S8 - been 2 weeks and no response other than the automated reply. Are we getting through?

0 6
    • MadLife
      WilliamR Hello, WIlliam from musictribe here. I have escalated your case to technical support so someone will contact you ASAP
      • Jun 15
  • New
    Browntown85
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-10

M32 OSC subscription overload....looking to what this means and the solution if happening during live show?

0 4
  • New
    SoundmanRon
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-09

I have a channel Scribble strip that lights up but has no printing.  How do I get a repair part?  Under warranty.

0 13
    • SoundmanRon
      Paul_Vannatto Do you have a source assigned to that channel strip? If not, it will show nothing on the scribble strip.
      • Jun 9
    • SoundmanRon
      Nigel67 Hi SoundmanRon. If you have confirmed Pauls message above and the scribble strip is still not working, then please check whether your M32 is still under warranty or not. If it is and you are the first owner, then please contact the shop that you purchased the console from and ask them for warranty repair. Or, please raise a Technical Support tickets and we will be able to help you further. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Technical Support tab and submit a ticket. Many thanks
      • Jun 13
Go to page