Statistics

306,517 members
190,926 posts
  • New
    xelecim
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-27

hello everyone, I recently bought an m32 an m32r and a stagebox dl32. can someone explain to me how to connect the m32 foh and the m32r stage via dl32 in order to manage the outputs of the dl32 from the m32r stage mixer. thank you very much for your kind attention

read more...
    0 96
    • xelecim
      GaryHiggins Connect the M32 r to the A port of the DL32, it will control preamps and routing, Connect the M32 to the DL B port. It can then access all the DL inputs but will not control the preamps. It will have trim not gain, otherwise connections are fairly straightforward..
      • March 27, 2021
    • xelecim
      CraigFowler That said, if you want the M32 @ FOH to control the DL32's preamps, you can use the HA Remote setting on the M32R's Setup>Preamps page.
      • March 27, 2021
    • xelecim
      GaryHiggins seems to be a few comments gone missing in this thread....there was another response from the op and my answer to it...mysteriously gone away...most odd.
      • March 28, 2021
      • m32-m32r with dl32 monitoring
        GaryHiggins The question was essentially how to use Main L/R from the FOH M32, this was my response:

Make your M32 main L/R part of its outputs 1-16 routing, default I think is out 15/16. Aes50a out 9-16 set to “out 9-16” will then include main L/R. The M32R will see L/R (due to 32 ch shift of the DL) as aes50a ch’s 47 and 48 . I would suggest using the the m32r ‘user’ out routing menu to include aes50 ch 47 and 48 as part of it and then select that user output group for the outputs of the DL. You could also just use the aes50a 41-48 as the output source but you kind of waste 6 outputs of the DL that way.
        • March 28, 2021
      • m32-m32r with dl32 monitoring
        RexBeckett The missing reply and subsequent comment is a recent forum bug, Gary. It has been reported and the development team can reproduce it. Let's hope they find a quick solution.

See: https://community.musictribe.com/discussions/77059/310927/bug-in-forum-discussion-display
        • March 28, 2021
  • New
    vvish
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-03-27

1. How do I import Channel Lists? Can you provide me with a template for Channel Lists?
    2. I want to copy the parameters of the effect device to another same effect device. What should I do?

Thank you.

1 76
    • vvish
      ChaseMcKnight Hi vvish,

1. The Channel Lists feature has not been implemented yet. Once it's available you'll see it in mCloud.

2. Copy/Paste has not been implemented in the Effects Rack yet. Until the feature is available, there may be a potential solution, depending on the application.

Below is a way of copying an entire Fx Slot to another Fx Slot (including subslots).

Show Editor, within Automation, will allow you to copy/paste parameters from an Effects Rack slot to another.

For example, let’s say you have a GEQ inserted on Fx Slot 1 and on slot 2, and you want to copy Fx Slot 1’s settings to Fx Slot 2.

Go to Automation, then to Show Editor. Next please select the following:

For ‘Mode’, choose Parameters.

For ‘Type’, choose Fx Slots
      For ‘Areas’, choose Single Selection. Then below, select ‘Settings’.

Next, to help see better, tap ‘Zoom In’ on the right-side margin in Show Editor. 

Now, select Fx Slots 1, in Scene 1. This has the GEQ settings we want copied and should have a Green symbol.

Tap on ‘Copy’ (above editor matrix).

Next, select Fx Slot 2, in Scene 1. Then, tap on ‘Paste’. 

Reload your current Scene and you’ll now see Fx Slot 1’s settings are now on Fx Slot 2.

Many thanks,
      • March 27, 2021
      • I have two questions about HD96
        GaryHiggins Glad you are still with us Chase! Was recently thinking I had not seen any posts from you in a while. Seems faces change here frequently :-)
        • ·
        • March 27, 2021
      • I have two questions about HD96
        vvish Thank you very much for your reply, I learned a lot. I look forward to adding more new features in the future.
        • ·
        • March 29, 2021
  • New
    Marcus73
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-24

I have started using DP48 for my M32 mixer with DL32 stagebox. On DL32 I connect M32 on AES50-A and HUB4 with DP48 on AES50-B. This means that I have ch 1-32 from DL32 goes to 1-32 on DP48 and I can send 16 channels from M32 to DP48 via the last 16 channels. The problem I have is that when I set DP48 from the table, all channels are set correctly in the groups but the text is moved 16 channels up. If I program ex kick drum on channel 1 and on group 1, it ends up on group 1 but the text kick drum comes on channel 17 on DP48.

read more...
    0 203
    • Marcus73
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Marcus, it is because the routing assignments to the AES50 B is incorrect. I would suggest you export your scene to a file and save it to the cloud (eg. Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) and provide the shared link in your next post. That way we will be able to look at your routing setup (using M32-Edit) and better advise.
      • March 24, 2021
      • Problem M32 and DP48
        Marcus73 Hello Paul. The problem comes when I use the AES50B from DL32. When I use the AES50B from the table, it gets right. But then I take the signals from the DL32 that enter the AES50A and send on to the AES50B. I will send the file in the link. /// Marcus https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApgXFzba6huWtkldbslIttF2d3cm?e=oDfttl
        • March 25, 2021
    • Marcus73
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Marcus, if the routing works connected to the console, but not when connected to the DL32 B port, it probably means that the DL32 is seeing the DP48 as a console. There are 2 modes of the DL32 B port (see pages 10-11 in QSG) and the DL32 automatically switches, depending on whether it thinks that a stagebox is connected or a console. The AES50 outputs out the B port with a console connected are the DL32 inputs, not what is passed through from the A port. It would be better to get a Hub4 and connect M32 <> Hub4 <> DL32 and connect the DP48 to one of the 4 ports of the Hub4.
      • March 25, 2021
      • Problem M32 and DP48
        Marcus73 The solution you have When you go from M32 to HUB4 to DL32, the switch on HUB4 drops if the line out is to be from FOH or DP48. Because in your solution you have to take CH1 to 32 from DL32 and send to HUB4 on channel 17-48. On CH 1-16 you have the mix buses that will send a signal to the line out on DL32.

In the configuration that you suggest, channels 1 to 32 from DL32 will end up on channels 17 to 48 on DP48. This is what causes line out from HUB4 to lose its function to be able to have line signal to inea or sidefill from FOH on those outputs. For it to work, you must either run an AES50 signal from the B output from the mixer or run from the B output from the DL32.

But when I run from the B output from DL32 it will be wrong in the channel text it will be moved 16 channels up if I do not program it on the AES50-B output from the mixer and hope that it does not DP48 forget the settings when you move it to stage or if you need to add any channel to DP48.
        • March 26, 2021
      • Problem M32 and DP48
        Paul_Vannatto If you connect FOH <> Hub4 <> DL32 and assign the first 2 AES50 banks (1-16) for the DL32 and the rest (banks 3-6, ie 17-48) for the DP48, the DL32 will get the desired signals for its outputs (1-16) and you can select the desired channels (from AES50 17-48) for the 12 groups on the DP48. I've configured my setup this way many times without any issue and I've been using the Hub4/DP48 since June 2019 (as a beta tester).
        • March 26, 2021
      • Problem M32 and DP48
        Marcus73 I'm out on some fixed installations and on those where they have two DL16 so I can use the B output on the last DL16 and send to HUB4 and then on to DP48 But in the places where they use DL32 it does not work. One reason why I want the function to transmit from AES50 B from DL32 is that there is a fixed cable from mixer to DL32 that is not on stage but in a room next door. This allows me to run a long cable between the technology room to the stage and then back to the technology room. If you can link further like DL16 or that you can get the 32 channels from DL32, it saves unnecessarily long wiring that can cause problems.
        • March 31, 2021
  • New
    Shanog5050
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-25

Let's talk HD96

when is the New program for the iPad coming out since it was a sailing demo for the console

0 1,081
    • Shanog5050
      Nigel67 Hi, the OE for windows and Mac is scheduled for availability in the next month or so and that we will work on getting the iPAD apps to the users as quick as possible but due to the several strict lockdowns, developing certain aspects which require physical hardware has been very tough.
      • March 25, 2021
    • Shanog5050
      steakikan

Does the editor support mixing from PC? Or it is only offline editor?

• May 3, 2021
  • New
    Shanog5050
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-25

so how do I put music on mcloud an transfer it to my HD96 an play music from the console 

0 102
    • Shanog5050
      Nigel67 Hi, it is not possible to put music onto mcloud. It is for your show files, software, and for us to see logs from the console only. May I ask if this is something that you have read in, as if so I need to get it removed. Many thanks
      • March 24, 2021
  • New
    VlahopolGuitars
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-11

I just got my MR18 and I am looking forward to work with it as it is a first step to the bigger brother of his that I want to buy soon - I hope.. 

I am now using a 10 in 10 out soundcard in my recording studio and I thought it would be great to get the MR18 to use it in the studio as a soundcard in order to get the 18 IN /OUT and benefit from it.

NOW, like I said i am looking at using the MR18 mainly in the studio but also with my bands where I have 32 channels analog mixer... now i have some questions that needs answeres, please:

1. is there any OFFICIAL tutorial on what to install first and how on mt Windows PC? - asll I see on youtube are a bunch of guys showing off their X-Air Behringer mixers, but NO official video of MIDAS. Maybe I am looking in the wrong palce. Please guide me.

2. I see there are two softwares a driver and a firmware update. is there any specific order to this ?
    M-AIR-Edit_PC_1.6
    M-AIR-Edit_PC_V1.5
    MIDAS MR18 Driver Setup v4.59.0
    MR18_Firmware_1.17

Please, correct me if I am wrong... I assume it should be like this... 
    1 firmware, 2 driver, 3 Software M-Air 1.6 ??  Correct?  
    Id there any official videos on these, please? 

3. IS the MR18 able to SAVE my studio / USB settings as a studio soundcard and than also save my LIVE settings so I don't have to redo it all the time? when I go from STUDIO to LIVE performance and back? 

4. IF i have 2 x Midas MR18 is there anyway to LINK them to work together as ONE ? One of my sound engineers has one and my keyboard player has one so.... can we link these machyines to see eachother VIA laptop in LIVE GIGS ?

read more...
    0 532
    • VlahopolGuitars
      Paul_Vannatto Why do the videos have to be official? I just did a search on YouTube for Midas MR18 and there are lots of videos both by Music Tribe, resellers and users - all excellent material. You can also search for XR18, since the 2 consoles are identical in functionality.

The order of software, drivers and firmware is not important. Just use the latest available.

Yes you can save snapshots of your settings and recall them as desired

No you can't link MR18 together. They are not expandable. For that you would need to get a M32 or X32.
      • March 11, 2021
      • Midas MR18 - please advise
        VlahopolGuitars Thank you so much for your answer.
        well, the videos have to come from the seller as "a manual" ??? I never used a MR18 and I want to know what and how should I do it in order NOT to break it, than loose warranty because of MISSUSING. I have seen that happen.
        And yes the seller it is contractually obliged to give me manuals / tutorials in order to have a mutual beneficial relationship.
        I got this small rack mixer because I like the Midas. Now I need to know / learn how it works. I don't understand why i have to you tube to 20 different users to find what I need when in fact I should be able to go to the source / manufacturer and find everything there. I am not trying to argue with you and thank you again for your kind response.
        Thanks again!
        • March 12, 2021
    • VlahopolGuitars
      RexBeckett Hi VlahopolGuitars, there is no functional difference between an XR18 and MR18 so a video for one will also serve for the other. The control app, firmware and drivers are different for each make but work the same way - despite some small differences in appearance and branding.

I would install the driver first. The M-Air-Edit apps are not actually installed by Windows so you can have several versions on, say, your desktop. You may need to use app V1.5 initially to install firmware V1.17. I think that app V1.6 complains if the firmware is older than V1.17.

The MR18 can save all non-global settings in internal Snapshots. The same settings can also be saved as Scenes in files on the controlling PC. Snapshots load very quickly but it is good to save some scenes as backups. Scenes can be loaded on any MR18 or XR18 if required. Global settings (not saved in snapshots or scenes) are things like network parameters and sample-rate.

There really isn't any way to link multiple MR18s except by using analogue inputs and outputs.
      • March 11, 2021
      • Midas MR18 - please advise
        VlahopolGuitars Thank you so much,
        Mucha appreciated.
        • March 12, 2021
  • New
    andyp13
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-03-09

Hi all, I use a X32 Rack, though I intend to keep it I’m thinking of purchasing an M32C - to save on Rack Space (I have 2 S16’s). Does anyone know if the X-Live card fits the Midas 32C.

please email me your reply as I will never find this post ever again on here, or it will run so slow it just gives up. Email address below

Thanks

[email protected]

read more...
    0 62
    • andyp13
      Paul_Vannatto Yes it will
      • March 9, 2021
    • andyp13
      Dale_M Any of the cards will fit the M32C, The M32/R/Live/C are all the same platform regardless of the form they are presented in. You must however ensure you use the correct driver software for that card.
      • March 9, 2021
  • New
    dragosjustin
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-08

Hi, I have a Hub4 that I am trying to integrate into my M32 & DL32 system. As far as my understanding I should be able to set it up to pass-through audio from my DL32 to the Hub4 then to the M32. While still having control of the DL32 from the M32. So as far as connections go I have it (M32 AES50 A) to (Hub4 Sync Master) and from (Hub4 Thru) to (DL32 AES50 A). With this setup I cannot see the DL32, cannot control the inputs and no audio from the inputs even though everything has green LED indicators. I can see the Hub4 on my M32 but nothing past it. Everything has been updated to the latest firmwares that are available on Midas' website under software.

read more...
    1 242
    • dragosjustin
      Paul_Vannatto Make sure none of the Ports (1-4) buttons are enabled
      (see routing document under Documents on right side)
      https://www.midasconsoles.com/product.html?modelCode=P0DM1
      • March 7, 2021
    • dragosjustin
      joshtew

Just found out the hard way that the PORT 1-4 AES 1-32 cannot be active when connecting a DL16/DL32 to Hub 4 Thru port.

The stage boxe can not be detected by M32R when that button is on and the Hub4 User Guide and Routing diagram doesn't present this information clear enough.... my colleagues spent a whole day trying to figure out why the DL16 is not being detected.

Thanks to Paul's reply above, I tried deactivating that button (which seems to be turned on by default) and DL16 appeared in the mixer's routing screen....

• May 27, 2021
  • New
    MattMarcus
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-03-05

Weird issue-

4.2 Mac crashes on startup on a standard user account, where previous versions start just fine. 4.2 runs fine in the admin account. Created a fresh standard user account, and no problem there, either. Something must be corrupt, or conflicting in the original standard user account. Trashing prefs was the first thing I tried, without effect. 

anyone have a clue what's going on here?

read more...
    0 41
  • New
    soundot
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-02

on the M32 what needs to be done to keep the L&R and MC master faders from resetting when the power is cycled off and on?

0 76
    • soundot
      Paul_Vannatto On the console, Setup, config, General Prefs, Safe Main lvls. In M32-Edit, Setup, Mixer, General Prefs, Safe Main Levels.
      • March 2, 2021
Go to page