Statistics

305,947 members
190,287 posts
  • New
    balky
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-01-07

Please see the video.  Wonder if the same happens with your board.

When select inputs 1-16 Or 17-24 by pressing two buttons at the same time. It happens with specific scenes.

read more...
    0 67
    • balky
      Paul_Vannatto You don't mention which 2 buttons. If you are pressing the 2 layer buttons, then, then it changes to the channel spill mode (which has been a feature since early 3.x).
      • January 7, 2021
      • m32r LIVE  - UPDATE 4.04.1 Weird fader behavior
        balky 2 layer buttons 1-16 Or 17-24. And faders' useless jumps as you can see in the video are weird, I never saw this before
        • January 7, 2021
  • New
    skipweaver50
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-04

Hello everyone.

I am trying to find out how to save every single thing on our Midas M32 so that if one day we walk in and all the settings are changed we can load them back to how we had it. Also, we want to have different settings saved for a different service, such as for the individual microphones. Is that called scenes? Can someone walk me through how to save those?

Thank you for your assistance!

read more...
    0 2,209
    • skipweaver50
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Anthony, scenes can save almost all settings on the M32. The only settings it doesn't save are the scene, cue, snippet lists as well as the Library presets and the first 4 screens of the Setup sections. If you want to save the cues, scenes and snippets, you would export (using the Utility button) the show (from the Cues screen. If you also need to save the settings on the 4 Setup screens, there are some 3rd party tools available.
      • January 4, 2021
      • Save Everything On Midas M32 And Changes Scenes
        skipweaver50 So if I save a scene, will it overwrite what is not saved? Does a scene save the output level for each channel?
        • January 5, 2021
      • Save Everything On Midas M32 And Changes Scenes
        Paul_Vannatto When you save a scene, you would go to the Scene screen, select a slot then save it. Anything in that slot will be overwritten by the new scene you are saving (if that is what you are asking). Yes the scene saves all output levels. If you want to see what a scene saves, export the scene (either using the Utility button on the console) or use X32-Edit, then have a look at the file using a text editor (eg. Notepad++).
        • January 5, 2021
  • New
    TDiddy
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-23

Good Day everybody,

my name is Torsten. I'm a drummer and do drum recordings. I try to setup a Midas Venice F32 digital console connected to a Macbook Pro 15-inch from 2015 with OS 10.15.

Midas Venice F32 console

FireWire cable 

FireWire to Thunderbolt adapter

Macbook Pro Retina 15-inch mid 2015, 2,5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 Memory 16 GB

OS Catalina 10.15.4

On the page "Hardware" the Mac shows on the rider "FireWire" the Midas console and on the rider "Thunderbolt" the FireWire-Thunderbolt adapter.

But the audio in- and outputs of the Mac only show built-in microphone and built-in Output. The former owner, a very friendly man who stands by, used the OS 10.12. to drive the Venice. We hope that a downgrade from 10.15. to 10.12. could fix it. But on Mac that's not so easy. A procedure maybe for a Mac-expert. Has anyone a good idea or maybe experience in a simillar case?

Photo of Mac Screen is attached.

Thank you !

Good wishes and a wonderful christmas

Kind regards

Torsten

P.S.: I guess I can upload only one photo. It's my first time here. Maybe someone has a solution also so I can upload some more fotos..

read more...
    0 408
    • TDiddy
      DavidKnighton Hello Torsten,
      Regrettably, the Venice F consoles are legacy products, and the last supported OS from Midas perspective is El Capitan, OS 10.11. Some users had some luck getting it to work on later OS, but those involved alterations to the OS that we could not fully support. Apple started phasing out firewire in their products in 2012 in favor of Thunderbolt, and that was pretty much the turning point for every manufacturer who carried Firewire in their product.
      • December 23, 2020
      • Midas Venice F32 digital console connected to a Macbook Pro 15-inch from 2015 with OS 10.15. FireWire Thunderbold no audio
        TDiddy Thank you, David, for your fast response. So we should try to install OS 10.11.? Thank you again and best wishes !.
        • December 23, 2020
      • Midas Venice F32 digital console connected to a Macbook Pro 15-inch from 2015 with OS 10.15. FireWire Thunderbold no audio
        DavidKnighton Hello Torsten,
        If version 10.11 is available, that would be your best option, as we have a Venice firewire driver download specifically for El Capitan.
        • December 24, 2020
        DavidKnighton The driver can be found here https://www.midasconsoles.com/midas/product?modelCode=P0AD6 under the software tab. Driver for OSX version 4.2.1.
        • December 24, 2020
  • New
    H6227
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-21

Recently had to take the fader bank out and top screen bank loose to replace a broken screw in the fader bank. Plugged everything back in now I get a series of beeps and a blank screen. Did not unplug anything on the screen bank..just took screws out and moved it to get to side panel screw. 

read more...
    0 198
    • H6227
      DavidKnighton Hello Hank,
      A series of beeps generally indicates trouble within the boot sequence on the MC. In my experience, multiple beeps usually means the system RAM is not detected. If your MC contains a compact flash card, try pulling the RAM from Slot 0 and placing it into Slot 1, then try a reboot.
      • December 22, 2020
  • New
    TNTSound1620
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-17

As a Dealer/Distributer I've been left in the dust as to how future orders can be made. Is the only option to purchase from big internet stores like amazon? If so this is unfortunate as so many dealer/distributers have spent years implimenting them into businesses and HOW to build up your sales to then just be left behind and not be able to provide support to our customers is a huge slap in the face. I'm looking for a real system and solution for ordering Behringer/Midas products to support my customers.

read more...
    1 95
    • TNTSound1620
      KyleJohnson Hi James, Kyle here with Music Tribe. Please contact us through the Support portal at the top of the page so that we can get you in contact with the right people.
      • December 18, 2020
  • New
    ZackMorris
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-12-15

Hello! I am looking at a used Midas XL8 digial console system for an install. I have not set up a XL8 before and it looks like all of the AES50 ports on the routers (DL461) and all of the AES50 ports on the control surface have redundent AES50 ports. An X port and a Y port. We use 2 KT DN9650s in our set up. One for USB and one with a MADI card... they do not habe redundent AES50 ports... with the XL8 am I fine to just connect to the X OR just the Y AES50 port or will it only work with I/O with redundent AES50? 

Thanks! Zack Morris 

read more...
    0 76
  • New
    rwpotter
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-14

As a keyboard player who is also running the monitor and FOH mixes.  I'm looking for an easy way to turn the vocal effects OFF while the lead singer is speaking, and ON while he is singing.  Can I map this to a button on my keyboard or to a footswitch somehow?  I see that the MR18 has a midi IN and OUT but I am uncertain how to obtain the desired mapping.  

read more...
    0 227
  • New
    TroyKrueger
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-12-13

Hi, could someone confirm on a midas M32, firmware 4 or above that you can store a snippet with the master L/R fader at 0.0 and when it is loaded it puts that master fader back at 0.0?

I'd really appreciate it. 

Cheers, 

Troy

read more...
    0 89
    • TroyKrueger
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Troy, I just tested a snippet to zero Main LR on both the X32 and X32-Edit and it works file. What version of firmware 4 are you using? Make sure you have updated to the latest (4.04). Also make sure you don't have any snippet safes enabled.
      • December 13, 2020
      • M32 Snippet to store L/R Master Fader Level - doesn't work?
        TroyKrueger Thanx Paul, I’ll update the firmware (it’s currently 4.02 or 3... not there now- but it’s not 4.04 for sure) and report back. I can also confirm there are no safes enabled and also that a snapshot also does not change the master fader . Cheers
        • December 13, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto The Wing uses snapshots (which are similar to M32 Scenes). I thought you were using a snippet. If you export the snippet to a file does it look like this?

#4.0# "Main to Zero" 0 0 0 0 1
        /main/st/mix/fader +0.0
        • December 13, 2020
        TroyKrueger I will check the snippet I have, in the mean time I can confirm that even after updating firmware to 4.04, when storing a snapshot with the master fader at 0, recalling that snapshot does not restore the master fader to 0, and confirming that there are no 'safes' or 'ignores' in the settings.
        • December 30, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Hi Troy, as I mentioned before, snapshots are not part of the X32 terminology. It saves/loads scenes and snippets. I can assure you that the snippet I provided does indeed move the Main LR master fader to 0 db.

One other thing to clear up, 0 db is the setting about 2/3 the way up on the fader, not all the way down. Hopefully that is what you are referring to.
        • December 30, 2020
  • MichaelVincentd
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-12-01

Hello guys,

I have m32,and it's firmware was never updated before since it was purchased two years ago. I'm planning to update the firmware with the latest firmware. Any thoughts about updating firmware from version 3.11 to 4.04?

i appreciate any feedback you may have..

thanks.

read more...
    0 73
    • MichaelVincentd
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Michael, yes you can upgrade from 3.11 to 4.04. Make sure you backup your cues, scenes and snippets, as well as any preset in the Library before doing the upgrade. Exporting a show will include the cues, scenes and snippets, but will not include the library presets. Also write down all of the settings on the first 4 screens of the Setup section, since that cannot be backed up using 3.11
      • December 1, 2020
      • FIRMWARE VERSION 4.04
        MarkNorgren Paul, I just upgraded to 4.04 on my M32. Is there any real need to upgrade to 4.04.1 if I'm on a Midas? The release notes mention a Behringer issue, but no Midas problems. TIA
        • December 2, 2020
      • FIRMWARE VERSION 4.04
        Paul_Vannatto Hi Mark, the X32 and M32 DSP engine are identical. The only difference in the consoles are the hardware (and the bling). There are a number of bug fixes and some new features. The one feature I like the most is the new DCA spill.
        • December 2, 2020
  • New
    zoleeon
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-08

Hi everyone!

I am looking for a physical control suface for my MR12. If you have some recommendation please send them to me. I am using the MR12 for a 4 keyboard rig, and the need for physical surface is to control volumes, mutes, and probably  to be able to change snapshots. I am thinking of BCF2000, or Fadefox EC4, or evolution 33. 

Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you

read more...
    0 165
    • zoleeon
      KyleJohnson Hi Zoltan, Kyle here with Music Tribe. I recommend you look at the Behringer X-TOUCH. It can run XCTL protocol which is the protocol that the M Air mixers use.
      • December 8, 2020
      • Midas MR12 physical control surface
        zoleeon Thanks Kyle! I'll check the X-touch.
        • December 8, 2020
Go to page