Statistics

306,505 members
190,914 posts
  • jbcellomaster
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-07
    Looking to see if anyone has any experience or knowledge of the Midas 32 ( any version) that is compatible with the Elite Core IEM system (IM16, DM8, PM16....is the signal path) via the ultranet output. With the Midas 32 series can you feed the DM8 directly (bypass the IM16 which is the A/D converter) via the ultranet output on the console which then feeds the PM16 monitors. Our setup is very similar to the Behringer P16 system which I know is compatible with the Midas 32 series but again, trying to keep our equipment that already works well. We're in a house of worship and upgrading but our IEM system (Elite Core) works perfectly fine and trying to find compatibility options with a Midas 32 series. Thanks.
    read more...
    0 159
    • jbcellomaster
      Paul_Vannatto No, both the Ultranet and the PM16 network protocols are proprietary protocols of the respective manufacturers and are not compatible with each other. The IM16 changes the ADAT (digital) signals to the PM16 (digital) network signals. So there is no A/D conversion.
      • July 7, 2020
    • jbcellomaster
      PieterHelsen Ultranet is a MUSIC Tribe proprietary protocol and will work with other MUSIC Tribe products and brands (f.i. Behringer P16 or Turbosound active wedges). If you want to interface with Elite Core you will have to use the analogue outputs of the M32 into the IM16 or you could use the ADAT out of a DL32 into the IM16A.
      • July 7, 2020
      • Midas 32 (any version) with Elite Core IEM
        jbcellomaster Thanks. The protocol was the situation I wasnt sure about between the Midas and Elite Core.
        I was thinking about the analog outputs into the IM16. If I went the ADAT route I need to obtain a converter correct for analog outputs? Such as the following, 2 units to get our 16 channels:
        https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/141--aphex-model-141
        • July 7, 2020
      • Midas 32 (any version) with Elite Core IEM
        PieterHelsen There's 2 options here, depending on what equipment you already own.
        Analogue route: If you already own an IM16 you can take the analogue out of any M-series console or DL box and go analogue into the IM16.
        ADAT route: really only makes sense if you remain in the digital domain, this means ADAT out of the MIDAS infrastructure (available on DL32 stage box) into an IM16A (2*8ch ADAT input module for Elite Core)
        The Aphex product you are referring to is a D to A convertor and will not help you at all.
        • ·
        • July 7, 2020
    • jbcellomaster
      jbcellomaster sounds like the analog out of the DL32 is the way were going to do it. Thanks both ya'll for the information. Very helpful.
      • July 7, 2020
  • myoungberg
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-03
    Greetings, Store bought FAT formatted USB drives seem to work (they are recognized and can be recorded to), at least small(er) ones. I tried FAT formatting a USB drive on my Mac but it is not recognized by the M32R. Can't record to it. I believe I've tried deleting the hidden MacOS files to no avail. Are there any particulars WRT FAT format? Do I need to firmware update my M32R? Please advise :-) -thanks ,mike
    read more...
    0 108
    • myoungberg
      Paul_Vannatto The FAT on the Mac is different than the required FAT32 (called DOS FAT on a Mac).
      • July 2, 2020
    • myoungberg
      myoungberg It is formatted FAT32 on a Mac by Disk Utility. (MacOS 10.13). Still not recognized.
      • July 9, 2020
    • myoungberg
      Paul_Vannatto On a Mac it is called DOS FAT. The Mac FAT32 is different
      • July 10, 2020
    • myoungberg
      myoungberg OK, thank you Paul, I think I've figured it out...
      • July 10, 2020
    • myoungberg
      myoungberg Using Disk Utility, one can click on the drive or the volume (if it's partitioned). I needed to format ("Erase") the *drive* as "MS-DOS (FAT)". This can also be done to the *volume*. I believe I was doing the latter; not the former. I now have erased the thumb drive using the former; I'll try it in a bit. [I don't think it helps that Apple changed how Disk Utility works a few years back, and I'm accustomed to the older version. I've been using Macs since 1984.] I appreciate your help and patience.
      • July 10, 2020
  • DwayneAasberg
    Super Contributor - Level 1
    2020-07-02
    Hi all. In the recent past I had a long discussion with Paul re: AESO50 routing for a planned expansion to accommodate streaming of live worship. We are near ready to start installing gear. Our basic connections will be:DL16 [A] <> [B] M32 [A] <> [B] M32C Where the M32 is for FOH and M32C for the broadcast stream. The FOH M32 has hard wired inputs connected to all 32 inputs, and several of the Aux-Ins. Our immediate needs are: a. Selected DL16 inputs (say 1-4) to channels 17-20 on the FOH M32 b. Aside from 17-20, all FOH M32 channels get their signal from the local inputs on the FOH M32 c. Complete replication of the FOH M32 channel layout onto the M32C (all 32 channels strips AND all Aux-Ins). Every channel on the M32C should get the same signal as the corresponding channel on the FOH M32. I am going to try to attach a scene file from the FOH M32 (before AES50 connection). My hope is that one of you smart folks can take that file and create two new files for meFOH BandBcast Band Where each file has the correct routing settings to setup what is described above. Thanks in advance foe your help. Dwayne A
    read more...
    0 121
    • DwayneAasberg
      DwayneAasberg Hello!!!! McFly!!! What is with the text message formatting? Who thought it was a good idea to strip carriage returns out of posted content? These are NOT TEXT MESSAGES or Instagram posts. These are real people trying to get real problems with YOUR EQUIPMENT solved! How do we attach scene files? I see I can attach a video. Is the intent that we should video our problem instead of describing it? Is this an attempt to DISCOURAGE USE OF THIS FORUM? Sure seems that way!
      • July 1, 2020
      • DL16-M32-M32C routing help
        DaveMorrison I agree with everything you said! This site has gone through a devastatingly bad upgrade. Believe it or not, the text box is 1000% better than two weeks ago. We could only see just one line. The inability to upload scene file is still a showstopper for the digital mixer folks. The work around is to post a link to your scene in dropbox or some other file sharing service. There are still a few of us that can and will help you. Paul is still around and will probably see this in a few hours.
        • July 1, 2020
    • DwayneAasberg
      GaryHiggins This is the new facebook wanna be forum, setup quite similarly. I digress. Dwayne...how is it you have hardwire inputs to FOH inputs 17-20 AND use 17-20 from the DL16? or did you just mean all 32 input slots are accounted for at FOH not all actually hardwired? This will require a user input bank as it's only 4 aes50 ch's not a full group of 8. Not a huge deal but worth clarifying.
      • July 2, 2020
    • DwayneAasberg
      DwayneAasberg HI Gary. Actually I think the website revisions are intended to mimic SnapChat or Instagram. Regardless, Here is a clearer description of my challenge.
      • July 2, 2020
        GaryHiggins Yes on SnapChat and Instagram...it's kind of a hodge podge of them all, there are some pluses, or shall I say will be when it all comes out in the wash. I just want it to work!
        • July 2, 2020
    • DwayneAasberg
      GaryHiggins Here's my humble attempt...should work! No guarantees :-) 2 scenes:

1) M32 FOH inputs using user inputs menu
      AND aes50a out routing to M32C

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mizwzt5gol41yrc/M32%20FOH%20I%2BO.scn?dl=0

2) M32C inputs routing using aux remap (you need to shift ch's to use foh aux's)

EDIT: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ns0x6le5jzq7p1l/M32C%20inputs%20rout.scn?dl=0
      • July 2, 2020
        GaryHiggins EDITED: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ns0x6le5jzq7p1l/M32C%20inputs%20rout.scn?dl=0
        • July 2, 2020
        GaryHiggins BTW these are not labeled by ch at all and I didn't know where the mains and mix buses might exit from so I didn't worry about that. Could use the FOH XLR outs or the DL16's XLR outputs. The routing for FOH inputs and aes50a out and the user input routing is all for FOH M32 and only The input routing so as to mirror FOH for the M32C. Again, it should work...famous last words.
        • July 2, 2020
    • DwayneAasberg
      DwayneAasberg Hi Gary. Thx for your help. But I can only get one file - all the links are to file M32 FOH I+O.scn Should one of them me M32C?
      • July 2, 2020
  • NealMurphy
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-07-01
    Where is the M32R firmware v4.02? I keep getting a 404 error. The v3.12 firmware is there, but not v4.02. Are there release notes for v4.x? It'd be nice to see what's changed.... If I upgrade from v3.09 to v4.02, will I lose any settings/scenes/snippets/etc.? To say it differently, does the upgrade process erase any settings or configuration items? Is this documented anywhere? Is there a way to back up (or archive) *all* settings and configuration items without having to do them one .. at .. a .. time? (Aside, after I do a search here, the back button repeats the search instead of returning to the previous page.)
    read more...
    0 114
    • NealMurphy
      GaryHiggins It's there...see pic
      • July 1, 2020
    • NealMurphy
      GaryHiggins Make sure you save save save all scenes etc...then save again :-) Seriously, anything you care about stored in your mixer now, backup before you update.
      • July 1, 2020
    • NealMurphy
      DaveMorrison This website is going through puberty????. It changes from minute to minute. If you can't find it under M32R, try M32 or M32c. You can even use any X32 firmware, since the firmware is all the same.
      • July 1, 2020
    • NealMurphy
      NealMurphy Gary, those v4.02 links give me the 404 error, as do the links via "Downloads". They just aren't there. Yes, I can get the firmware via the Behringer site, but the blobs should be available on the midasconsoles site.

Does the M32-edit program make it easier to back up all settings? (That is, easier than saving everything one-by-one using a thumb drive?)
      • July 1, 2020
      • M32R firmware
        GaryHiggins Save a show file! Saves all scenes etc. You can do on both mixer and Edit, it's tricky but is the way to go. The Midas site was down for 5-6 days so maybe it gets fixed soon, sorry I didn't try the links. I have the file if you want a version, can dropbox...
        • July 1, 2020
      • M32R firmware
        GaryHiggins https://www.dropbox.com/s/opf1qgodmnmdjxx/M32_Firmware_4.02.zip?dl=0
        • ·
        • July 1, 2020
  • abildgaardv2
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-01
    Hi, I was looking for help with muting the audio on a Midas M32 soundboard. I have watched countless youtube videos and read the documentation. I'm not a sound engineer so a lot of these terms are a little confusing to me. This doesn't seem to be a common thing. When I select mute I'm able to mute the channel on the speakers (L/R) as expected, but I still see an output signal being sent to ecamm via USB which we are using for live streaming. Also, even the A talkback microphone is being sent out to USB without me pressing the talkback button. I've been battling this issue for weeks now. Can you help me to figure out what's wrong? This is for a church and we are relying on the USB from the console for the digital signal.
    read more...
    0 130
    • abildgaardv2
      GaryHiggins Hello, what are you using to send usb? Is it your card outputs? I would guess it’s the tap point being used from the send, whatever that is. The mute is late in the ch flow, just before the fader. If your send is pre that position, the signal will still pass and the mute will have no effect. I’m guessing you are sending “local” inputs via your card outs and local is always tapped pre everything. If you could post your scene it would be best for others to pinpoint the issue, or provide some more details.
      • July 1, 2020
      • Midas 32 - Unable to mute sound routed to USB
        abildgaardv2 Hi Gary, here is the link to the scene and thanks in advance for your help.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1P9unTsnB2WGHc-dXsYvL7XewImRfbZnV/view?usp=sharing

Apologies for not really knowing how to explain what's going on very well.

The USB is from the card on the back of the Midas 32 sound console. It's the only USB output on this mixing console.

We have an s16 digital snake that's connected to this. It's the AES50 A, from what I gathered. Hopefully this helps.
        • July 1, 2020
    • abildgaardv2
      GaryHiggins I can't access that file for some reason...I'll try it later..
      • July 1, 2020
  • jalbornoz
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-07-01
    What is the maximum number of DP48 units that can be dasy chain connected, each using its AC adapter? Is it necessary to use a HUB4 for multiple units? Can DP48s be used with Behringer X32 consoles and get all 32 channels?
    1 99
    • jalbornoz
      john0121 Hi Jalbornoz, I spoke to one of the developers about this a while back.

We don't have a fixed max number. There is a max of 99 device IDs for master/slave remote control, but it is depending on the clock/signal integrity what can be achieved realistically. The clock jitter will add up from hop to hop, depending cable quality and length.

Bear in mind POE will only work on the 1st DP48.

Alos there's 8ch streaming back to hub/console. Which means that return signals of the first 6 DP48 can be received at the hub/console, any additional one's will be lost.
      • July 1, 2020
    • jalbornoz
      DaveMorrison To answer your last question: You can use all 32 channels, and the 6 Aux channels, and have room for 10 more channels (for example, USB returns). All you have to do is put it on the AES50 bus.
      • July 1, 2020
    • jalbornoz
      GaryHiggins If you have an X/M32 with V4.02 firmware there is a dedicated section for the 48 DP48 assignments (well hidden) in the Library menu. Hit the Library button and scroll over to AES50. I only mention it because it took me forever to locate it. Also you need to use the out 1-16, aux out 1-6 and ultranet out 1-16 creatively to get direct outs of all 32 ch's and access all tap points. it otherwise follows the aes50 default routing which is out 1-8, out 9-16, out 1-8, out 9-16 again then p16 1-8 and p16 9-16
      • July 1, 2020
    • jalbornoz
      Indiana You can power them all with Poe but you just have to inject the power in between each DP48 as the units cannot pass the power through. We just did all our runs back and forth from our rack and have them all powered with Poe.
      • July 1, 2020
      • How many DP48 units can I connect to dasy chain?
        GaryHiggins Hey Josh, can you elaborate the "back and forth from your rack"?...curious what you did without the hub4. I have injectors for mine as well but I'm curious as to your solution with regard to poe.
        • July 2, 2020
      • How many DP48 units can I connect to dasy chain?
        Indiana Gary, we home runned them all. What I mean by that is we started at our rack behind the stage. Then we ran out and back to our floor pockets. Each floor pocket will have (1) DP48. In our rack we mounted a multi-port Poe injector. The ports are Data in, then Data+power out. Since the DP48's do not send power through, you just run the through port back to the next data in port. Then back out to the next DP48. I'll post up a drawing later this weekend after we have fully tested and ran on that system.
        • July 2, 2020
  • Martin4995
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-06-28
    It has taken me 2 days to get registered. Now that I can login I still can't get to much of anything on the website. I either get a gateway time out or bad IP address from the responding server. Is this normal? How can I get the firmware update for my Midas M32r Live?? It seems like an awesome mixer, but if I can't get support, I'm not sure it is worth it.
    read more...
    0 332
    • Martin4995
      Paul_Vannatto No this is not normal. I've been on this forum since December 2012 and the last 4 days has been the worse it has been trying to get logged in or refresh of the site. I think we are all getting the continuous timeouts and bad IP errors. What version do you currently have? Here is a copy of 4.02
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MNFmKZ9pmGT3vMbAnnRw9u4qyy2NvY-M/view?usp=sharing
      • June 28, 2020
      • Website Functionality Midas M32R Live firmware update failure to find
        Martin4995 I have version 3.12. I just bought this unit Friday and really like it, other than not being to find certain operational things. I would imagine that they are having a server issue of some sorts. Hopefully they will get it sorted soon! I'm sure everyone feels the same way. Thank you for the update, I think I saw a Youtube video about how to do the upgrade of the firmware. I'll give it a shot. thanks again
        • June 28, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto The Midas M32 site is back up and running. Here is the link to the downloads https://www.midasconsoles.com/Categories/Midas/Mixers/Digital/M32R/p/P0BI9/Downloads#googtrans(en|en)
        The firmware I provided (the previous link) may be an X32 firmware.
        • June 29, 2020
    • Martin4995
      -mjk- Yeah, they're constantly working on updates to the firmware, but we won't be able to even get them at this rate.
      • June 29, 2020
        Nigel67 Hi mjk, I can only apologise for the delay, but we have been moving all the data to new servers over the weekend. If you could tell me which software you require and an e-mail address that I can send it to, then I will forward it on to you.
        • ·
        • June 29, 2020
        BillFleming I would like the 4.02 version of the firmware for the M32 and whatever version FW you recommend for the DL16 - you can send to [email protected] FWIW everytime I try to load an M32 support page my browsers complain about too many redirects. Thanks
        • June 30, 2020
        -mjk- Thanks Nigel. No, I should apologize. I was just needlessly complaining. Sorry for adding to your burden.
        • July 2, 2020
  • Asullivan1
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-06-27
    I’m having trouble getting a claim ticket filled out for repair on my MR 18. Both right and left main Have quit working or if they do work will go out in the middle of a service have been having to use for outside services at church. When both went out I plug the main speaker in auxiliary three to finish service so I don’t have problem with chords or speakers. Auxiliary one is running monitors good . Auxiliary to we are running Facebook live with no problem
    read more...
    0 185
    • Asullivan1
      RexBeckett Make sure that all the fields in your profile are filled-in. Missing or invalid data in the profile can cause Care ticket submission to fail. It has been discovered that an empty Title field (Mr, Ms, etc) can cause ticket submission failure - even though it is not marked as required.

There are clearly still many problems with this site and these could be affecting the Care ticket system. You may need to retry submission a few times.
      • June 28, 2020
    • Asullivan1
      Nigel67 Hi William Sullivan, did you manage to submit a Care ticket? It should be possible now. If not please let me know and I will try to help you further.
      • June 29, 2020
      • MR18
        Asullivan1 No I still have not been able to
        • June 29, 2020
      • MR18
        Asullivan1 No I still have not been able to
        • June 29, 2020
    • Asullivan1
      Nigel67 Hi William, I have just seen your case in our system. I see you are in the USA and my colleague David has replied to you. I am very sorry for the inconvenience of the past days, but we were moving all data to new servers and it unfortunately took a little longer than expected.
      • June 30, 2020
    • Asullivan1
      Asullivan1 Thank you for your help hopefully will be able to get this repaired or replaced it’s very vital for the way we are having to do our church services. You said David has replied to me But I’ve not seen anything
      • July 1, 2020
      • MR18
        Nigel67 Hi William, this would be a really strange set of circumstances if this wasn't you as there is another William Sullivan asking about a repair to his MR18 in our system and he has been replying. Is your e-mail address [email protected]? if not can you give me the case number you were given and I will check it out. Many thanks
        • July 2, 2020
      • MR18
        Asullivan1 Yes Mr. Turner it may be me I was contacted yesterday from technical service asking for more information when I tried to send it to the email they had given me it has been closed said for me to create a newService request. I don’t know if all my information is on my profile or not because I can’t get to it I would appreciate help getting my unit repaired thank you
        • July 2, 2020
  • MEffertz
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-06-24
    I can not fine a real manual for the 4.01 firmware for M32/C. I've learned a lot by viewing youtube video's. Non are details about any one subject. I've even reached out to my supplier/retailer. He trying to contact people asking. I haven't found anything on this site either. Whats there is for downloads on the M32C is basics on physical configuration.
    read more...
    0 67
    • MEffertz
      DaveMorrison There is no manual that covers version 4. If you have specific questions, ask them here. There's still a few people that can answer your questions.
      • June 23, 2020
    • MEffertz
      GaryHiggins You should also ditch 4.01 firmware IMO and load 4.02. The 4.01 had lots of bugs. And yes ask here, we have our resident genius with photographic memory, also the guy who pretty much wrote the book on everything X/M32 routing. And a few others of us who know a thing or 3 and many new and eager mods. The history is being updated so there should be more available past threads to search soon enough (we hope) This new forum is but 2 weeks old and being fine tuned as we speak.
      • June 24, 2020
    • MEffertz
      MEffertz My Bad - I am on firmware 4.02. Its the M32 Edit that I'm on ver 4.1
      • June 24, 2020
  • GaryHiggins
    Superhero - Level 1
    2020-06-19
    version 1.4 is posted
    2 90
Go to page