Statistics

289,497 members
172,014 posts
  • New
    Savedin05
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-23

I've read that you can use a digital interface to control selected audio outputs from the M32, but I'm having a heck of a time trying to start with the basics of "how to" 

We are trying to have more control of the audio going to our livestream, but can only control the entire mix out of the M32. How would I go about trying to control individual channels from the board to the stream? And Is this only achieved by connecting to a DAW or specific software only? 

read more...
    0 14
    • Savedin05
      Nigel67 Hi Savedin05. If you have the inputs sending audio for the main PA outputs, then there is no way of being able to adjust those inputs as well for the live stream because any change you make will also affect the audio to the main PA. I think that most users just take a feed from the main mix outputs to the matrix and that gives you some adjustments but that will be for the overall mix, not the individual channels. If you are using the USB output to send audio post Mic gain from the individual channels to a computer to mix down for a live feed, then that is the only way that you will be able to eq, etc each individual channel without it affecting the main mix outputs. There are a number of videos now on You Tube that users have put up showing how they use their X32 or M32 for live feeds as well as the main mix outputs for the PA. Here are a couple of examples https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rlIKZflsLg and a different method (about 11 mins in) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amxVZQ2NaF4
      • Apr 24
      • Audio Control for Live Streaming
        Savedin05 Thanks very much for that. This kind of info is exactly what I have been researching and hoping for. Going to go through the different methods and see what will fit our situation the best
        • Apr 24
  • New
    Tykeys2006
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-22

Need help with trying to route

0 22
    • Tykeys2006
      Paul_Vannatto Need more info before we can help you. What do you want routed to where?
      • Apr 22
    • Tykeys2006
      Tykeys2006

I have a m32 r I’m trying to connect to a stage box sd8 connections to speakers for left and right out puts a stage montior and two other stage keyboard bass and two over head drum mics not able to get signal from keyboard nor I’m I able to get sound out of speakers

• Apr 22
    • Tykeys2006
      Paul_Vannatto Assuming you are using the AES50 A port (on the back of the M32R) to connect to the SD8, go to the Routing, Inputs screen and assign AES50 A1-8 to the first block of 8. Then to route the outputs, first go to the Routing, Out 1-16 screen and assign the monitor bus (eg. bus 1) and the Main L and R to 3 of the outputs (eg. Output 1 -> mixbus 1 post-fader, Output 2 -> Main L post-fader, Output 3 -> Main R post-fader), and finally on Routing, AES50 screen assign the Out 1-8 to the first block. Make sure the Out switch on the side of the SD8 is set to Out 1-8.
      • Apr 22
    • Tykeys2006
      Tykeys2006

Thanks so much I have been struggling for two weeks to make this work I’m try it out tomorrow to make sure I got it right this has helped me tremendously

• Apr 22
    • Tykeys2006
      Tykeys2006

Last question how do you assign inputs to different mixbuses first digtal board for me.

• Apr 22
  • New
    H6227
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-21

It's been about 3 weeks since I emailed music tribe support for parts.....with no response. Figured I'd post here in hopes they will at least see it. I'm looking to order a preamp board...specifically 1-8 for a midas m32 full size. 

0 9
  • New
    GregWarren
    Contributor - Level 3
    2022-04-18

Hello,

I have a:

• Midas M32

• 2 Midas DL16s connected by way of AES50A

• Dante card going from Midas M32 to dante card on a Bose amp

What is the correct setup? Do I select internal for clocking on Midas M32 and slave on the dante Bose amp or Bose amp is the master and the Midas M32 is Exp. Card? Thanks!

read more...
    0 11
    • GregWarren
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Greg, with the Dante card, it is always recommended to use the master clock of the Dante (syncronize = card).
      • Apr 18
    • GregWarren
      GregWarren Ok...I set it up as M32 on exp. card and X-dante as leader and bose as follower but I'm getting a subscription status as a caution triangle on the Midas X-dante card in dante controller. The bose is a green check. What does this mean and how do I fix it?
      • Apr 20
    • GregWarren
      Paul_Vannatto Unfortunately, I don't use Dante. So I can't help much. But Gary Higgins is now a certified Dante tech. He can be reached at the Behringer.world forum.
      • Apr 20
  • New
    PetervandenBerg
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-14

I bought by Thomann an Midas M32C and its send by them to Repair for 4 weeks. Your Repair tell them its 100% good, but they asked please check the soundcard with computer connection for a few weeks, after that i still got my M32C back? I need that M32C for my workshops and this cost me a lot of money i can't give the workshops! I called an emailed Thomann a lot of times but still my M32C isn't back.... I don't understand such a good and beautifull products and so bad services. I don't buy in the future by Thomann anymore and if i dont have my M32C back for the weekend i contact my lawyer to get a claim or a new M32C a.s.a.p. Sorry but i am very angry!

Hello Peter,

Thank you for your e-mail and for sending the communication you had with Music Tribe.

We are still waiting for further updates from the service partner about what they checked and how they checked it. 

As soon as we have this information we will inform you further about this.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience in this case.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate in contacting us.

Kind regards

Daniel Rodenburg, Customer Care International
    Tel: +49 9546 9223-476  |  Fax:+49 9546 9223-8399  |  E-Mail: [email protected]

Web: thomann.de/gb    Opening Hours    Customer Centre

read more...
    0 12
  • New
    lestudambule
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-13

Hello,

I look at the M32 (or M32C or M32Live)

Do I will succeed to record 32 tracks in 24bits/192kHz.

I need to aggregate the console with sound cards to increase the number of inputs in record sessions, I’m on OS X. Is it possible ?

Regards

read more...
    0 11
  • New
    leewinn1974
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-11

Is it possible to connect the M32R Live and an M32C to a DL32 via AES50 and both mixers have control of the outputs of the DL32?

For example the M32R would output the main L/R Mix via Output 15/16 (or AES/EBU) and the M32C output from Ouputs 1-14.

read more...
    0 9
    • leewinn1974
      Paul_Vannatto Yes you can, as long as you put the M32C in between the M32R Live and DL32. In the M32C, you would need to use the User Out in the Routing section to combine the M32C outputs 1-14 and M32R L/R, then assign the User Out blocks of 8 to the AES50 connected to the DL32.
      • Apr 10
  • New
    VladimEAR
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-08

Hello,

may I suggest to include a function for MONO master to "link fader" to the LR master? This could allow to set the level of Mono independently but still controlled by LR. This could behave the same way as M/C follows LR on M32, when you can change the ratio M/C vs. LR.

Currently there is only "Link" function which actually "hard link" LR+Mono together and they act as one fader with ratio 1:1.

Thank you in advance for considering this idea.

Kind regards

Vladi

read more...
    0 14
    • VladimEAR
      Dale_M Many thanks I will pass your suggestion over to the Design team.
      • Apr 8
      • Suggestion for PRO series update
        BerndVanPraet Are you going to give the Pro Series still an update then ?
        • Apr 27
  • New
    MikeJorden
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-04-06

I'd like to suggest an update to the M32/X32 that would help with channel layout. It would be great if we could stereo link channels across banks, e.g. link channel 1 with channel 17, 2 with 18 etc instead of linking to the next channel (1 with 2, 3 with 4 etc).

This would allow us to put more instruments/singers on a single fader bank if we have stereo pairs on those banks. In our main church setup we have 3 keyboards/synths on bank 1. This takes up 6 channels which limits the number of instruments and singers on that bank. We regulalry have to spill over to the second bank with guitars or singers.

read more...
    0 10
    • MikeJorden
      Dale_M There is a User block feature for selecting random channels together, altough linking is not mentioned this may be of interst to you: https://youtu.be/UwDWC53lsbU?t=54
      • Apr 6
    • MikeJorden
      CraigFowler If you have a computer on the same network as the console, you can use Parick's x32commander app with a bit of configuration to achieve this.
      • Apr 7
    • MikeJorden
      Paul_Vannatto Also, you can setup either X32-Edit or Mixing Station to show only one of the stereo linked channels. I use this all the time. Regarding having this on the console itself, this has been asked numerous times over the 10 years and the answer is always no, it is not possible due to the architecture of the X32. If you really require single fader stereo channel strips, get a Wing.
      • Apr 7
  • New
    PPanda
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-05

Hello,

I´ve been searching all over the internet about how to record more than 16 channels post fader into the DAW individually from the Midas M32, not making groups, I have 32 signals I want to process individually with their fx channel strips and send them post fader to the DAW is it possible?

Thank you

read more...
    0 23
    • PPanda
      Paul_Vannatto Unfortunately the FX returns are actually channel strips, and you can only send 32 channels out the card output (via USB). So if you have to send 32 channels to the DAW, you can't send the FX returns.

To send 32 channels to a DAW post fader, you are going to need to use the Out 1-16, P16 (also called Ultranet) in the Routing section. I would suggest you assign DirChan 01 to 16 to the Out 1-16 outputs (post fader), DirChan 17-32 to the P16 (1-16). Then assign the Out 1-8 and 9-16 to the first 2 banks of the Routing, Card outputs, then P16 1-8 and 9-16 to the 3rd and 4th banks of the Routing, Card outputs.

If you have to send 32 channels and all of the FX returns, I would suggest you upgrade to the Wing.
      • Apr 5
    • PPanda
      PPanda

Thank you for your Reply Paul, even with any of the card expansions is not possible to have all 32 channels individually Post Fader with the Midas m32? If not I will consider your suggestion for the Direct and P16 channels.

• Apr 6
      • Recording to DAW all 32 channels post fader from the MIDAS M32
        GaryHiggins Yes but only as Paul showed you. Use card out set for both the out 1-16 and ultranet 1-16 menus. Out 1-16 being set as card outs 1-16, ultranet 1-16 being set as card outs 17-32. FIRST set 'out 1-16' routing as direct outs of ch's 1-16, post fader. Then set 'ultranet out' routing as direct outs of ch's 17-32 post fader. Local inputs routed from the card output menu can only be pre everything. Out 1-16, Ultranet 1-16 and aux out 1-6 menus each allow tap points to be set.
        • Apr 8
Go to page