Statistics

289,494 members
172,011 posts
  • New
    smor777
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-18

Hi, 

Recently I am doing a production where I am needing to use all 16 physical XLR outs between the DL16 and the M32R.... But for some reason, the M32R can only handle 8 outputs? I know the M32 can handle all 16... but for some reason the M32R cannot? This is the only real difference I can find between the two and am not sure why this is a thing. Let me know!

read more...
    0 16
    • smor777
      Paul_Vannatto The XLR screen is to assign outputs to the physical XLR-M jacks on the back of the console. That is why the M32 shows 16 outputs and the M32R shows only 8. The DL16 is connected to the console via AES50 (A or B). Therefore to assign the outputs for the DL16, you have to go to the AES50 (AES A or AES B) screen.
      • Mar 18
  • New
    twilliams
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-17

I have a M32  with an DN32-Adat Card. I would like to be able to use channels 31-32 for input from my keyboard and be able to send signal to what ever track I choose. 1 thru 24. Is this possible and does anyone know how to do it? Thanks!

0 11
    • twilliams
      Paul_Vannatto Unfortunately your post is unclear. Is your keyboard connected to inputs 31-32 of the DN32-ADAT. What exactly do you mean by "whatever track I choose"? "Track" is not a correct term in the X32.
      • Mar 17
    • twilliams
      GaryHiggins I don't disagree with Paul, it's not clear what you want to do...but on the off chance you are asking about sending specific mixer inputs to DAW tracks using your M32, that can be done within the DAW software by selecting the desired specific ch input for the DAW track.

Selecting what sources get sent from the Adat outs in the first place is done with the card out routing menu and can be almost anything in any order these days thanks to the "user" in/out routing menus.

Within the mixer itself and in general, you can't send a ch to another ch. You can send any ch or multiple ch's to a bus (and that bus to an Adat out ch) You also can change any ch source to any specific ch from the available input pool on that channel's config page source dropdown list. So lets say ch 1 can have Ch 32 as its source instead of the original Ch 1-but not both at once.
      • Mar 18
  • New
    LastCrit
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-08

Hi, 

I'm testing my new Midas M32 Live, and when I move the gain knob some noise ( like digital crackles ) is generated.

I've test diferent pre's with mic and without mic. Allways the same noise. The only pre working ok is the talkback pre.

The firmware was the last version, but I've already install just in case. Still I've got that noise...

Any ideas ??

View Video
    read more...
    0 33
    • LastCrit
      Nigel67 Hi LastCrit. The noise is normal. Although the signal is purely analogue, the actual control is digital and what you can hear is the digital increments (steps) as the gain is increased or decreased. Most digital mixing consoles will have what we term as 'zipper noise'.
      • Mar 8
      • Crackles in the Pre's M32 Live
        KevinMaxwell That's the way that digital consoles work as Nigel said. That is why you don't mix on the gain knobs.
        • Mar 8
        LastCrit Mmm ... I'd never heard it before on the M32R Live.
        Are the same A/D pre's right?
        • Mar 8
        LastCrit I have been asking other colleagues who work with this mixer and this noise does not seem familiar to them...
        • Mar 8
    • LastCrit
      Dale_M Hi there have you had the phantom power engaged?
      • Mar 8
        LastCrit Hi!
        I have done the test with and without phantom. And there has been no difference.
        • Mar 8
  • New
    babyfood
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-03

Anyone knows any info on accessories for the 96 like external monitors, key board, mouse, monitor brackets and Dante card. If you have done any please post pictures. Also report any bugs or different situations. Thanks!

0 17
  • New
    vaehaaland
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-01

Hi!

Recently got our HD96-24 and brought it out for a musical this week.
    88 inputs with wireless mics, orchestra and band.
    Show file with 70+ scenes
    All of this connected through a DL251 and two DL153 on stage.

It's a wonderful and powerful mixer, and we do really love working on it. But several problems have made the production difficult. Surface randomly crashing and rebooting, but still putting sound out.
    Show file that randomly cannot be loaded unless you reboot the whole thing.

Have been in contact with Midas and our "local" distributor, but haven't been able to figure a solution out yet.
    We are running the newest console firmware, 1.16.0 and the newest surface update 0.9.11. Plus our stageboxes are updated aswell.

We have even brought a new basically unused HD96-24, form a concert hall 4 hours away. And the problems seem to carry over. Starting to wonder if it can't handle a show of this size, but that wouldn't make any sense..

In the middle of producing a musical with premiere a few days away, this isn't what we had hoped for.

read more...
    0 173
    • vaehaaland
      KevinMaxwell Was the show file written and then the console firmware updated? I don’t know anything about this mixer so I am just making suggestions from experience with other mixers. Can you find any consistency as to where and when it starts to act up? Did you update the borrowed mixer or was it already on the same firmware?

Just the other day I was having problems with communication with a mixer that I just took it out of the box it came in, it was brand new. I turned it on and looked to see what firmware it had in it and then immediately updated to the latest firmware and I tried to set it up with a commuter communicating with it and it wasn’t communicating at all. And I have a lot of experience with this setup and know how to setup the IP addresses in the console and computer. After about an hour of trying everything I could think of I did a factory reset. And it started communicating with the computer. I had remembered someone saying to always do a factory reset after updating the firmware. The factory reset didn’t revert to an older firmware on this mixer.

Some mixers will change everything when doing a factory reset some will only change some things. So be sure to back up everything that you can and write down all of your settings. Have you tried to revert to a previous firmware? And do you have all of your scene settings written down.

After backing everything up I would try a factory preset and then try loading the show file again. Can you copy the show file and break it up into smaller (fewer scenes) show files and see if it only crashes in a certain section of the show file. Divide and conquer.

Worst case scenario after a factory reset can you rewrite the show from the beginning and pause about every 10 scenes and step thru the cues and see if there is a point where it no longer works correctly. Or if you are doing anything really out of the ordinary in a scene or 2 try to simplify those scenes and see if it then works ok. This is assuming that you may have found a bug in the software and if you can find the combination that causes the crash maybe you can avoid it and at least get thru the show.

Is there a file that the console saves that will show where the problem is? I hope you can talk to someone at Midas and send them any files that they would need (including your show file) to test this on a mixer at their facilities.
      • August 1, 2021
    • vaehaaland
      babyfood I had that problem in the beginning before all the new updates. I was using the redundant on the DL251 later i was told by Midas there’s no redundant assign on the HD96. After I stopped using the redundant and did the updates it hasn’t crashed on me again.
      • Mar 2
  • New
    keithbaumann
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-27

We are using the X-dante card in our M32 to send audio to our Tricaster video production system. Does anyone know if i can set the dante output from my M32 to be post fader so I can contol my livestream mix from the board instead of the Tricaster, which has a very crappy mixer in it.  I realize I can send the dante audio to a seperate computer first to mix it and then to the Tricaster, but I am looking for a more streamlined solution. Thanks in advance.

read more...
    0 27
    • keithbaumann
      GaryHiggins Your card out ch's are what you set them to be by the M32 routing. You can send post fader as long as you are using the Out 1-16, ultranet out and aux out as the categories for "card out" AND you set each ch in those routing menus as a post fader tap point. Dante will send as its ch's whatever you rout there. So yes, you should be able to.
      • Feb 27
  • New
    GregWarren
    Contributor - Level 3
    2022-02-27

Hello, everyone!

This is my setup:

Midas M32 > AES50A > Midas DL16 > Midas DL16 

Midas M32 > AES50B > (6) individual DP48s

Midas M32 > Dante > Dante Bose Amp

Here is my problem. I am getting a split second cutting out during performance. It usually happens once during the set and doesn't happen again. I am running shielded ethercon connectors on AES50A & B as well as the DP48s. I am running a shielded Cat 7 ethernet cable with no connectors in-between from the Dante to Dante. 

It's worked well for years but trying to figure out why all of a sudden I'm getting this to cut out. Nothing has changed. I have already changed the dante wire and run new. Not sure where I go from here. TIA for any suggestions!!

read more...
    0 25
    • GregWarren
      GaryHiggins There is a (fairly) recent update to the XDante card, Are you also using latest Dante Controller software.? it should have alerted you via the Updater, but maybe not, still might be a possibility worth checking.
      • Feb 27
  • New
    WilbertLichtenb
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-02-27

Has anyone connecteed one of the 4 ports  aes50  on a HUB4 to a aes50 on a x32. does the POE damage the AES50 connection on the x32?

0 23
    • WilbertLichtenb
      GaryHiggins No does not damage.
      • Feb 26
    • WilbertLichtenb
      Nigel67 Hi WilbertLichtenb. As Gary has mentioned, the PoE will not damage any equipment that does not require PoE. The PoE is only switched on when the HUB4 detects that the unit connected to it qualifies for it.
      • Feb 26
  • New
    Darrell1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-24

How do I send all channels from a midas 32 to an x32 for secondary mis. This must be clean 

0 15
    • Darrell1
      Paul_Vannatto Are you wanting to send the same inputs to the X32 or the channel strip outputs (including processing)?
      • Feb 24
    • Darrell1
      Darrell1

We are trying g to use the m32 as the main mix and send all channels to a x32 to be mixed for online, we are concerned this will not be a clean split

• Feb 24
    • Darrell1
      Darrell1

We are thi king about using Dante for this?

• Feb 24
    • Darrell1
      Paul_Vannatto I take it by your reference to "clean split" you just want the physical inputs transferred, correct? If you are planning to use the DN32-Dante and X-Dante cards for this, simply duplicate the assignments on the Routing, Inputs screen to the Routing, Card screen. That will make both the M32 and X32 have the same inputs.

Is there a reason why you don't simply use the AES50 to connect the M32 and X32?
      • Feb 24
    • Darrell1
      Darrell1

If I use the aes will the receiving board be affected by the first board. I am talking about gain le els etc

• Feb 24
  • New
    charlesstrick
    Contributor - Level 3
    2022-02-18

Are the meters on the m32 showing peak or rms levels. Thanks

0 5
Go to page