Statistics

294,686 members
177,808 posts
  • New
    knaepp
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-31

To whom it may concern,

the MIDAS-Website (https://www.midasconsoles.com) is down or unavailable in Germany. Is it available from other places in the world?

Best regards

Matthias

1 28
    • knaepp
      ccsiegen Would be great, if Midas could share this information on Social Media nest time. Had issues getting the needed Data from their Website, to fix some issues with a Pro1.
      • Mar 31
    • knaepp
      Dale_M There has been some maintenance on the brand sites recently, if this ever happens simply try again later.
      • Mar 31
  • New
    Jterrio
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-29

Can anyone help me source replacement channel buttons "Pro LCD switch" for a Pro2. I've submitted a parts request already (CAS-576578-R4P7L8) with no response for over a week. The US dealers I've talked (almost 3 weeks ago) have also not been able to help. 

read more...
    0 14
  • New
    Alvarofega
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-30

Hi all,

This is my first topic...

I have a M32R in the theatre where I work. I have noticed that when you go to save a scene, let's say scene#20, and you press "Scenes", the scroll selector always appears in the top scene. You need to scroll to scene #20 and then save.

This is slightly dangerous, because if you don't realise, you would save it in the first scene slot. 

Is there any way to change this and make the scroll selector to appear in the scene where you are working at?

Thank you in advance!

Alvaro

read more...
    0 13
  • New
    mitchellkrobbins
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-27

Hello, 

maybe I missed a thread about this but, we have been using a Midas m32r at our small church for several years. We have had a pro tech come in and help us reset the board and set it back up. We did that because we were having issues with the volume dropping out mid service. We are still having this issue. I have narrowed it down to the gain control on the channels not working properly. When turning up the gain it doesn't change anything until it hits about 75% then it "catches up" and won't turn back down. Then after a while it will drop out and get quiet again. Any suggestions?

read more...
    0 14
    • mitchellkrobbins
      MarkNorgren Install fresh firmware again. I have the same board and never heard of this before. Do you use a stage box? If so, has the firmware been updated on that also? How do you know it is the gain control? Does it happen on all on all channels? Do you have it plugged in to a good power conditioner? Seems odd, not sure what else it could be? With 32+ channels, maybe work around the problem channels? Maybe Kevin or Paul with chime in.
      • Mar 27
    • mitchellkrobbins
      KevinMaxwell I don’t know if I am the Kevin that Mark is referring to but I will try to help. The first question is this on all of the inputs or only certain ones? Are you using a digital stage box in this setup? I haven’t heard of this symptom in a mismatch of mixer to firmware updates. Does anyone know if there is a list anywhere as to the combinations that need to be for the mixer and stage box to work together properly?

The other thing that can cause this to happen (with how you are describing) it is if a Gate is inserted somewhere is the signal chain that shouldn’t be there and is probably set all wrong. If this is a setup problem as in a mistake in a scene the best way to help you would be if you can post your scene here. Either put it in a drop box somewhere and post the link here or you can go to the first post you did in the thread and try and edit it and post the scene there and then put a new post in this thread telling us to look there for your scene. This is assuming you know how to copy a scene from the mixer. This forum doesn’t seem to allow anyone to post a scene unless you are the originator of a thread and you do it in the first post to the tread. Unless they change something here without telling us.

If this was an analog console I would probably suspect the Gain Pot as being dirty or an intermittent solder connection. But the gain pot in a digital mixer doesn’t work that way. How old is the M32R and what is the conditions it is used in. In other words are you in an environment that is hard on electronics like a hot and humid place or in extreme weather conditions.

On some electronics (I have never heard of this happening on any of these mixers) there is a condition that is usually referred to as having to jump the gap. In that situation there is a bad connection somewhere and when it is hit with a strong enough signal it might overcome the bad connection and start working for a little while. If this is what is happening there is a bad component somewhere or a bad connection somewhere, usually internal to the device. And it then would need to be sent in for repair.

Reloading the firmware might be a good option just be aware that depending on if you are just reloading the same firmware that you already have or updating to the latest firmware you may or may not lose a bunch of your settings. That is another subject.
      • Mar 28
  • New
    ChrisBallard
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-03-27

Hi folks,

My venue has two Pro3's that are on their way out, and the monitor desk is all but unusable as lots of parameters are fluttering during use, including the gains, output levels and even EQ filters.

So our plan until we can get that fixed is to swap in the Pro2 for monitors that we use in another venue. So we'd be using a Pro3 for FOH, connected to the 431, then using the 371 for DSP, and then the Pro2 for monitors.

We hooked it up last night, but could not get the two 431's we have to sync with it. Is there a procedure that we need to follow to get this to happen? Or do we need to dumb down the firmware on the Pro2 to the same as the 431's for them to talk to each other?

read more...
    0 21
    • ChrisBallard
      Nigel67 Hi ChrisBallard. It should be as simple as unplugging the DL431 cables from the Monitor PRO3 DL371 AES50 ports and plugging them in to the PRO2 AES50 ports. You will need to make the PRO2 a Master or Slave depending on how the Monitor PRO3 was set up in the Preferences - Configuration page (if Slave assign the clocking Port) and highlight whether you are using the A or B DL431 inputs, but then you only have to assign the DL431's in the Config page. What software version are the DL431's running? If they are running 2.6.1 then that will be fine with the PRO2 or if they are running 3.4.6 then that will also be fine.
      • Mar 27
      • Connecting 431 to Pro2
        ChrisBallard We did that. I'll have to check the firmware version and see what we're on. I'll update you!
        • ·
        • Mar 27
    • ChrisBallard
      ChrisBallard

So we had some more time to work on this on Monday and we discovered that we needed to set up a direct Generic AES between the two desks, seemingly because they were using separate DSP units. Once we did that, we changed the Pro2 to Master, the Pro3 to Slave, and changed the source of the Word Clock to be the Pro2. That made things 95% happy. Now, the only trouble is that the Pro3 is stating an Application Error on the X CAT5 from the second 431. But everything is passing audio and recognizing the 431 splits. Our manager is going to work on that today while I'm off.

• Mar 30
  • New
    JoeWelfeld
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-03-12

Brand new M32C and SD16. Neither work. M32 will not connect to the network. SD16 will not allow me to switch to the outputs. See video. I waited a month for the M32 now they are saying longer... 

View Video
    read more...
    0 52
    • JoeWelfeld
      KevinMaxwell It's possible that you do have a bad one but it is also possible that it is a problem with the network setup. Where are you located? I looked at some other post on here by you and from something you said in one of them made me think that you might be on CT. I am in SW CT.
      • Mar 12
      • Midas, what happened to your quality control?
        GaryHiggins I agree KM, sounds like network issues more than not.
        • Mar 13
    • JoeWelfeld
      KevinMaxwell I was going to say that your video didn’t work for me but in reality I am not going to download a file from an unknown source assuming it is just a legitimate video. I would watch it (if it isn’t long) on YouTube.

My original reply disappeared when it tried to post it.

I have seen a lot of times where some little mistake in a network setting makes a system not work and I have made those mistakes myself. Does you video show all of the network settings everywhere that it might impact this? And I have discovered some things to look out for along the way.
      • Mar 13
        KevinMaxwell We are trying to help you but we need more information. Like what are all of your network settings on all of the connected devices?
        • Mar 13
    • JoeWelfeld
      JoeWelfeld Reply, I get not watching the video but in a nutshell, x32 rack sitting on top of the Midas. X32 connects just fine. Move the cables to the Midas and bubkis… couldn’t be more clear now.
      • Mar 14
    • JoeWelfeld
      JoeWelfeld In a nutshell. X32 rack, which I have been running for about 10 years is sitting on top of the Midas. It connects just fine. I move the cables to the Midas and bubkis. I didn’t want to believe it either so I spend many an hour trying to figure out what I did wrong until I did the above which proved there is an issue.
      • Mar 14
        KevinMaxwell No where did you say that you went into the M32core and set the IP address to the exact same settings that the M32 is set to. you can just take it out of the box and expect it to work without setting it up properly. They may be from the same family of products bit they may also be different enough that they may not just be able to be swapped without setting the M32Core up in the same exact way as the M32. And if you are using DHCP I wouldn't be at all surprised if they behave differently.
        • Mar 14
        GaryHiggins The M32C is like an X32 Core correct? That is no preamps, single rack space? Reason I ask is it is not exactly easy getting to the network setup pages, making any changes and having them "stick" with the C or Core. I am wondering if you to set it to static and used the same ip as your Rack? Or the reverse, (it's now static and you want DHCP). Which way is the M32C set? DHCP or using a static ip? If it is set to a static ip, it has to be in the same ip range (same range not exact ip) and subnet as the (new?) router or it will never connect.
        • Mar 14
    • JoeWelfeld
      Paul_Vannatto Wow! Your X32 Rack has "been running for about 10 years"??? That is amazing!!! It was announce in January 2014 at NAAM and the first shipments came in September (Europe) and October (North America) of that same year (8 years ago).
      • Mar 14
        JoeWelfeld Wow thanks for the in-site. I forgot to mention that I ran an x32 for a couple of years before that. Sorry for the confusion, You're a gentlemen and a scholar. I bow down before you.
        • Mar 14
  • New
    jjvirvi2022
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-18
    We acquired a MIDAS HD96-24-CC-TP with the DANTE and MADI card. What bridge do you recommend us to connect digitally the console with 2 Galaxy 816 with AVB Milan ? 

read more...
    0 62
    • jjvirvi2022
      Nigel67 Hi jjvirvi2022. Apologies for the lateness of the reply. I am sorry, but currently we do not have AVB Milan support. Although there may be some bridges on the market, we have done no testing with them and therefore cannot officially recommend any of them. You could try asking your question on some of the HD96 FB pages and there may be some users on there who could offer further advice. Many thanks
      • Mar 22
  • New
    Mark4Leons
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-21

I have a singer that plays acoustic routed into 1 stage monitor. How do I eq and compress these two sources independently into one monitor bus? (pre Fader)

0 15
  • New
    PetervandenBerg
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-21

When i playback my audio/waves frommy DAW to M32 card and using channels 25 to 32 (4 stereo) and the rest of channels for my bandvocals etc. I get a enorm distorted signal from my soundcard on channels 25 to 32 what do i wrong

0 17
    • PetervandenBerg
      KevinMaxwell Are the sample rate of what you are trying to playback and the M32 set the same?
      • Mar 21
    • PetervandenBerg
      PetervandenBerg

yes 44,1 Khz

• Mar 21
    • PetervandenBerg
      KevinMaxwell Same basic answer I wrote to someone else on here. Go to your original post in this thread and paste your scene from the M32 here and we can take a look and we might be able to tell you if it is a configuration error.
      • Mar 21
    • PetervandenBerg
      PetervandenBerg

Sorry Kevin, i dont know what you exactly mean?must i search for an earlier post of the same problem

• Mar 21
      • when i load my scene for using my DAW to play audio to M32
        KevinMaxwell NO! Copy the scene that you loaded onto your computer that exhibits this problem. Then Go to your original post in this thread and paste that scene from the M32 there and we can take a look and we might be able to tell you if it is a configuration error.

Unless they changed something in this forum you can only paste a scene if you started the tread and you do it by putting it in your first post in this thread.
        • Mar 21
    • PetervandenBerg
      PetervandenBerg

sorry i am 69 years old but see no option to upload my scene

• Mar 21
  • New
    smor777
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-18

Hi, 

Recently I am doing a production where I am needing to use all 16 physical XLR outs between the DL16 and the M32R.... But for some reason, the M32R can only handle 8 outputs? I know the M32 can handle all 16... but for some reason the M32R cannot? This is the only real difference I can find between the two and am not sure why this is a thing. Let me know!

read more...
    0 16
    • smor777
      Paul_Vannatto The XLR screen is to assign outputs to the physical XLR-M jacks on the back of the console. That is why the M32 shows 16 outputs and the M32R shows only 8. The DL16 is connected to the console via AES50 (A or B). Therefore to assign the outputs for the DL16, you have to go to the AES50 (AES A or AES B) screen.
      • Mar 18
Go to page