Statistics

223,657 members
97,874 posts
  • New
    CoffeeLove
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-06

A little help please

So strange, went from an X18 to an XR18 and can't figure out how to get a "post fader" signal at channel 16 change volume/output for bus 6 (fader does nothing). That is, I get increased signal by adusting the main fader for bus 6, and the channel when bus 6 is selected, but not through adjusting the channel 16 fader, which I had previously on the X18. I want to be able to control it on the Bus itself, and the channel 16 main slider where the kick mic is plugged in (not going through mains L/R, just the Bus). My signal is weak, and the powered sub normally kicks hard.

Any help would be great

read more...
    0 18
    • CoffeeLove
      RexBeckett Hi CoffeeLove, here's how to do it using XAir-Edit:

Select the channel (16) and open the Sends tab. Set the signal-tap for Bus 6 to Post Fader. See attached screenshot.

If you don't want channel 16 in the Main LR mix, turn it off in the channel's Main tab by clicking the LR button. See second screenshot.
      • Apr 6
      • How to get main channel fader to also control Aux/Bus Output? For Kick Drum
        CoffeeLove O my goodness, that seems easy enough. I was already on that screen.when I turned of the sub to mains L/R, should have seen the post fader option, my bad.. Thanks for your help. Rodney
        • Apr 6
  • New
    Mike7300
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-05

I understand this is wired meaning it's connected to the X32 Rack with a Cat5.   But do my ear phones need to be directly plugged into the P16 or do I plug some sort of device into the P16 which allows me to be wireless? For instance I noticed my ear phones don't even fit into the "Phones" Jack on the P16.  Sort of confused about that.

read more...
    0 19
    • Mike7300
      GaryHiggins Either headphones plugged in directly (with the correct adapter) or the P16 output is connected to a wireless device and the in ear piece communicates with that. A third option would be to plug the p16 into a powered monitor.
      • Apr 5
    • Mike7300
      Mike7300 What would be an example of the P16 connected to a wireless device that the in ear communicates with? If I want to go wireless I’m trying to figure out if I should get this or better off with say a sennheiser G4.
      • Apr 5
    • Mike7300
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Mike, on the back of the P16 are three 1/4" jacks. The one on the far right (Phones) is a stereo jack that will take a 1/4 stereo plug that is typically on headphones. If you have earbuds with 1/8" plug, you would need to get a 1/8" to 1/4" (3.5mm to 6.35mm) adapter. If you wish to get a wireless transmitter (such as the Sennheiser G4) you would plug into the other two 1/4" mono jacks on the back of the P16, which would feed the 2 inputs (combo jack) of the G4.
      • Apr 5
  • New
    NeilMoore
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-04-05

I love the Flow 8. I have Downgraded/Sidegraded from an XR18 as I am a solo vocalist running backing tracks and lighting control from a laptop. The number of unused inputs on the XR18 seems a waste. The only issue I have is that the Tap Tempo using the midi command doesn't appear to be consistent and sometimes misses the desired tempo by between 1 and 3 bpm. For reference, I usually fire 4 instances of the Tap midi command to set the tempo.

I would love for Behringer to add the ability to use a midi command to trigger an exact bpm. Would this be possible?

read more...
    0 2
    • NeilMoore
      DavidKnighton Hello NeilMoore,
      I will gladly put this request with with FLOW 8 developer team. As always, keep an eye out for firmware updates and check the release notes to see what features are being added.
      • Apr 5
      • Flow 8 - Tap Tempo over midi
        NeilMoore Many thanks David.
        • Apr 6
  • New
    EmanuelMorales
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-05

Hello everyone! Quick question yesterday I finally set up the Wing (FOH) with the Midas DL32 here's my question how I can set up the P-16 and sidefields on the stage? My old set up was Wing (FOH) and the X32 as a stage box. 

0 9
    • EmanuelMorales
      Paul_Vannatto You would assign the signals you want to go to the P16 (from the DL32 Ultranet port) to the AES50 33-48. Regarding the "sidefields", please explain exactly what you want with them.
      • Apr 5
  • New
    Bullworkz
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-04

Hello,

Proud new owner of a GoXLR.  Opened the box and the only power adapter plug included was a European/UK version.

I don't want to return this unit but going to be forced to unless someone can take care of this.

Thanks,

Jim

read more...
    0 22
    • Bullworkz
      Nigel67 Hi Jim. I can only apologise for the inconvenience. Please contact the shop that you purchased the unit from and ask them to supply the correct adapter or replace the unit with another one which does have the correct adapter. Many thanks. However, if you are in the USA for example and you purchased the unit from a European/UK seller, then the unit would not have included a USA plug adapter and your best option would be to purchase something like a travel adapter.
      • Apr 4
  • New
    Mlock2020
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-04

what software do I need to download? Registered mixer but haven’t received any code for downloads? Cheers 

0 6
  • New
    andyp13
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-04-04

Hi,

as the HUB4 power supply is not available in the U.K. (and very expensive considering it's just a power supply) I'm looking for a POE to power my DP48 so I don't have to use the power supply. I'm not an electrician so don't need technical replies, just maybe a link to Amazon to one that will work with the DP48.

thanks everyone.

If you can help out, please email me as this forum is impossible to use (like dragging something through treacle. Also the chances of me ever finding this discussion again would be very slim...

[email protected]

read more...
    0 22
    • andyp13
      GaryHiggins https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TQFVG2L/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=A28ACUCUGPGKAB&psc=1" target="_blank" title="" target="_blank" title="https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TQFVG2L/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=A28ACUCUGPGKAB&psc=1">">https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TQFVG2L/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=A28ACUCUGPGKAB&psc=1">https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TQFVG2L/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=A28ACUCUGPGKAB&psc=1" target="_blank">https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TQFVG2L/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=A28ACUCUGPGKAB&psc=1

Also others:

https://community.musictribe.com/discussions/62367/310020/dp48-poe-adaptors-and-injectors-update-alt-hub4-use
      • Apr 4
    • andyp13
      GeorgeDougherty I'd love to see a version of the Hub4 that is "just a power supply" but that's not an apt description of the Hub4 at all.

Realistically it's a 1-5 AES50 splitter that supplies POE to 4 of those ports, can pass through StageConnect output routing from a Wing and routes the Mix A and B outs from connected DP48's to 16 analog outs on the back of the HUB4 for IEM transmitters.
      • Apr 4
      • DP48 POE
        Paul_Vannatto Very good description of the Hub4 George. Also the DP48 talkback feature only works when connected to the Hub4.
        • Apr 4
  • New
    andyp13
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-04-04

Can anyone explain what to do and how as there is nothing in the DP48 manual, and all YouTube vids just show the DP48 working, but no mention about the routing which is clearly required on the X32 end....please help someone, the DP is 3 months old and not working correctly...its really poorly supported.

TIA

read more...
    1 13
    • andyp13
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Andy, the routing assignments to the DP48 is done in the same manner as you would for stageboxes or other consoles, using a combination of the patching screens (Out 1-16, Ultranet, Aux Out, User In, User Out) and the appropriate AES50 (blocks of 8). The reason that the DP48 QSG (quick start guide) is that there are many possibilities, depending on the user's needs).

What actually is not working, and/our what do you want sent to the DP48?
      • Apr 4
  • New
    MagicDave
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-04

Hey there,

Hoping to get a bit of advice as I'm a bit stumped. Been contacted by a local church with an x32. They have plugged a mac into the USB out and are using it for livestreaming using "X-USB" Only issue is that the feed coming out of the USB is prefade and they would like it post so it matches what they have in the church and so they can have a bit more control over the stream.

Its stumped me as I have no idea how to do it, so any suggestions on if it's possible to do this and how to do it would be greatly appreciated... i know I could do a standard output into a sound card, but would rather stick with how they've set it up if possible.

I've not too much experience on this desk so any advice would be appreciated.

read more...
    0 6
    • MagicDave
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Dave, assuming they have already setup a stereo linked mixbus pair to provide the mix to USB 1/2 to the Mac for the livestream, each of the channel sends need to be changed to post fader. On the console those changes would be done on each of the channel's Send screen.

Using X32-Edit, it is much easier to do.
      * Select a channel, then the Sends tab
      * On the left side is a globe icon - select that to make the next change global (all channels)
      * Change tap to post fader for the desired mixbus pair for the livestream
      * Unselect the globe
      * On the right side, select the mixbus pair
      * For each channel that is to be sent to livestream, raise the fader to somewhere around 0 db.

This can also be accomplish by creating a snippet. If they provide details such as the livestream mixbus pair and the channels to be sent to the livestream, I can make the snippet and provide it. All that would need to be done is to import the snippet to the X32 and run it.
      • Apr 4
  • New
    CoffeeLove
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-03

This might seem like a dumb question, but do I need to set up my new router for the mixer on my home network first? To give it a name and password? Or, can I do that the first time when connected to the mixer via Ethernet (with switch on mixer to ethernet)? I see from other discussions the mixer needs to be set to DHCP mode first, and that the mixer needs to be plugged into the Lan not Wan of the router. Am I missing anything else here? We are using the Xair Q app as well on a few busses (Aux Out) to run a couple in ear monitors. I am assuming everything will now run through the router. 

I have the X8 as well, and never needed a router, but guess it is common for the XR18 to drop signal on devices when using access point.

Any help would be great, thanks

Rodney

read more...
    0 8
    • CoffeeLove
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Rodney, if you are using the XR18 at home, you can use your home router with its DHCP server to assign the IP address (with XR18 the switch set to Ethernet). But if you plan on using it in a live event (concert, bar, etc.), you will need an external dual (or triple) band router. Otherwise you will get dropouts. This is because the XR18 (as well as all X-Air consoles, including the X18) internal wifi is wireless-G (a really old protocol - pre wireless-N) that uses only the 2.4Ghz band and is now very congested. We have all learned to use the newer 5Ghz band to reduce the dropout issue.

You mentioned that you have an X8. If you mean the X18, its internal wifi is identical to all other X-Air consoles.
      • Apr 3
Go to page