Statistics

223,683 members
97,900 posts
  • PetriOjanperä
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-08-19

When can we expect x32-mix to be updated to work with all the functions that came with firmware 4.0? Or is it that wings Co-pilot is taking all the focus?

And yes, I know that older version of x32-mix works fine with new firmware and that I can use Mixing station instead of x32-mix. 

read more...
    0 16
    • PetriOjanperä
      NicJonesMT Hi Petri.
      As we are working remotely I don't currently have access to an X32, but could you please confirm what features you cannot control? I can then pass this on to the development team.
      • August 19, 2020
      • X32-mix update
        PetriOjanperä I’m using iPad to control my x32 and working RTA metering and 1 to 1 routing would be nice features. As also there could be an assignable button for tap delay.
        • August 19, 2020
  • Blinky
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-08-18

Hi All,

On a Midas Pro2, we have drums coming in over six channels, and grouped into a VCA for FoH mixing.

The desk does double duty for monitors too.  The musicians use MixTender2 on iPads to manage their IEM mixes.

I would like to have a pop group set up for them with all the channels they need, but can't work out a simple way to create a drum mix and let them adjust its volume with a single fader from within the pop group.  Any ideas?

MCAs are no help as I can't assign an MCA fader to a pop group as far as I can tell.

The only workaround I can think of is to create a send with the drum mix, and hard patch it with a cable back into an input, and add that to the IEM pop group.

Is there a better solution?  How would you acomplish this use case?

read more...
    0 16
    • Blinky
      DanielPaine Hi Blinky, I have a couple of suggestions. Firstly, when an aux (flip) is selected on mixtender, the entire VCA section turns into MCA's. In theory, not only could you group things like drums etc, but all 8 VCA faders could be used for independent control of selected vca groupings like bass guitar keys vox - All specific to the selected Aux only. I would leave the vca page open as standard on the iPad for each musician. If they feel the need to tweak further, they can select the vca and it will unfold just like a pop group

One other possible suggestion is 'collapsed flip' found in preferences. Please bear with me with this as it may not work on mixtender. I unfortunately do not have a console present at home to set, so this may not apply on the app. With this engaged, the idea is that when in flip mode, only Auxes that are turned on are revealed. Any aux send that is switched off is hidden. this means that a concise channel list of used channels is the only thing visible. i.e. if an Aux just has Kick Bass and vox, on the console when you flip to that aux, only those channels are shown. I was hoping this would translate to the mix tender amp!! I'll ask my colleagues to verify. Maybe someone else can confirm.

Other outside the box thinking ideas , if you want to group channels for monitors is to bump the chain down. so, use the matrix as a monitor send to the artist. that way you can do channel direct to matrix or a group of drums to matrix. this group CAN be assigned in a pop. Downside is you'll use up Aux/groups very quickly if people want different level settings. MCA therefor would be the way to go. Hop this helps
      • August 18, 2020
      • Midas Pro2 HowTo: drum mix as single fader in pop group
        Blinky Thankyou for your ideas. I appreciate you taking to time to respond. My thoughts in response to your suggestions:

1. Many VCAs are being used for non band FoH requirements, so unfortunately can't monopolise them. Additionally, each instrument needs to be listed individually, as the ability for each musician to adjust their own instrument/VOX in relation to the band is paramount.

2. "Collapsed flip" won't really give me anything that I can't set up with a standard pop group that I can see, and also doesn't solve my issue of a single drum fader. I think I have a clear understanding of how collapsed flip works, but may have missunderstood what you're saying.

3. I had considered using a matrix just for a drum mix, as I can assign a matrix to a pop group, but just seemed like a sledgehamer solution.

On another note, do you know if I can soft patch an aux send to an input, or does it need to be via a physical cable?
        • August 18, 2020
      • Midas Pro2 HowTo: drum mix as single fader in pop group
        DanielPaine Hi Blinky. Fair enough! it's hard having 1 layout to suit all.

You are correct in that you can achieve in pops what you can in C-Flip. It's just more dynamic, meaning if you add or take away channel, it doesn't have to be replicated/updated in the pop group.I'm not convinced it works on mixtender yet. If it does, may free up pops for other things.

RE: Matrix - it would be the drum group(aux) that would be assigned to pop. not the matrix. And that group need not have anything to do with foh. Agreed, it's a messy solution though.

RE: Softpatch... absolutely! yes you can keep in the digital realm. but this is kind of what of I was describing with using Matrix above.

I'll pass on the suggestion of 'vca/mca to pop' to the r&d team. I think that's a useful idea.
        • August 19, 2020
  • lpagross
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-18

Can anyone tell me what the difference between the two Cues, Scenes & Snippets tabs at the top of the Show Control window are?

0 32
    • lpagross
      RexBeckett The left set refer to items stored on the controlling PC. The right set refer to those stored on the console.
      • August 18, 2020
      • What is the difference in Show Control
        lpagross Thanks.
        • August 18, 2020
    • lpagross
      GaryHiggins This question happens quite often, it also is easy to reverse one's memory as to which is which. It would be great to mark them with a header of say "PC" for the left 3 and "Mixer" for the right 3 in a future version (if that ever happens) of X/M32-Edit
      • August 18, 2020
        lpagross Thanks. Good suggestion too.
        • August 18, 2020
    • lpagross
      DavidKnighton Hello Gary Higgins. If you look at the first 3 tabs CUES, SCENES, SNIPPETS, you'll see that the icon is actually a computer desktop with a keyboard. This is how you tell which tabs are local to the computer as opposed to what's saved into the console.
      • August 18, 2020
        GaryHiggins Thanks Dave, I never noticed that before! Must have been on that page a zillion times :-) Classic case of not seeing the forest cause the trees were in the way!
        • August 19, 2020
  • MatthewSimmons
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-08-17

Hi all, 

I wanted to connect X32-Edit to my X32 Rack yesterday to set up some specific user-defined routing to my X-LIVE recording card, and it wouldn't connect! It says there's a firmware incompatiblity, but I'm running 4.02 on the X32R, and the copy of X32-Edit was a fresh download from the site. I even tried it on a different machine and got the same result. 

(This is on MacOS)

Anyone else having this issue? What am I missing here? 

read more...
    0 16
    • MatthewSimmons
      RexBeckett You need to use X32 Edit V4.1 with console firmware V4.xx. You can download it by clicking on Software at the right of this page: https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0ASF
      • August 17, 2020
      • X32-EDIT will not connect to X32 Rack running 4.02
        MatthewSimmons Ok, thanks! So what, is this download page (see screenshot) worthless now? When are they gonna clean up/unify this stuff? They already nuked years worth of KB posts moving to this platform, now they aren't even keeping their downloads page up to date? What's the point of even having that page if its not going to give you the current versions of functioning software? /rant
        • August 17, 2020
        RexBeckett You can get it from the generic Downloads page but you need to check the Show All Versions option.
        • ·
        • August 17, 2020
        MatthewSimmons Lol, ok! I see that now, but I mean...what is the point of that? Why would you not show all versions by default? Why show the out of date versions by default and not the current ones? Just seems really unintuitive to me.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated!
        • August 17, 2020
    • MatthewSimmons
      DavidKnighton Hi Matthew, go the to X32 product page instead and use the sidebar to download the software.
      https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0ASF
      Music Tribe is currently redesigning and cleaning years worth of data, which includes downloads for over 6,000 skus. It will take some time to manage every single download for every single page.
      • August 17, 2020
  • BigFire
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-08-17

First of all, you're doing an amazing job! The Wing is incredible for features/money. I've used it live, in a remote recording situation, and as a DAW controller. The only 2 things I really wish I had at my disposal are 2 FX emulations - I'm missing an LA-3A and some kind of pitch correction. Any chance we may get these in future updates?

Thanks!

read more...
    1 9
    • BigFire
      Dale_M Hi Craig we can't make any promises but we will pass your remarks over to the R&D team.
      • August 17, 2020
  • cburgess002
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-16

In section 9 of the Behringer X18 manual (specifications), it lists the aux outputs of the X18 as "6 TRS, balanced impedance". I have a few questions regarding connecting the X18 aux outputs to unbalanced inputs:

- Is "balanced impedance" the same as an impedance balanced output with the cold out connected only to ground with a resistor?
    - Is it okay to short ring to sleeve with a TS to RCA cable to send the aux output to an unbalanced input?
    - Should I be using an active electronic convertor such as the ART CLEANBoxPro Balanced / Unbalanced Convertor?
    - Should I be using a passive isolation transformer system such as the ART DTI Hum Eliminator?
    - Should I be using a passive isolation transformer system similar to the ART DTI Hum Eliminator, but also tie the balanced and unbalanced ground together?

Thanks

read more...
    0 45
    • cburgess002
      RexBeckett Yes the X18 Aux outputs are impedance balanced - meaning that the cold side is connected to ground through a resistor/capacitor network that is the same impedance as that on the hot side. This provides most of the advantages of a fully balanced output and can be connected to both balanced and unbalanced inputs without special cabling. Shorting ring to sleeve with a TS plug is fine.

It is not normally necessary to use balanced/unbalanced converters or isolation transformers unless connecting to unbalanced equipment through long cables. In this case, it can help to use a converter or transformer at the far end of the balanced cable. Keeping the long cable balanced helps to minimize noise pickup.

Isolation transformers are usually only necessary if the source and destination equipment are connected to different power circuits. This can lead to ground-loops and an audible buzz and is more likely to affect unbalanced connections. I generally use transformers or DI boxes when inter-connecting audio and video systems.
      • August 16, 2020
  • ianbenn2010
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-16

Hi all,

I will shortly be refreshing my small project studio with an iMac/Apogee ensemble pairing and would like to consider a Midas M32R mixer to replace my x touch, but also to act as the main interface to allow me to connect several bits of outboard, synths and record a drum kit.  At present i use a mackie 1402 into a focusrite clarett.

Has anyone on the forum used the Midas M32R in this way? I cannot find anything on youtube that relates directly to the Midas M32R and logic X

Thanks in advance

Ian

read more...
    0 28
    • ianbenn2010
      DaveMorrison Any M32 or X32 video explaining the use of these mixers as an audio interface will help you as they are all essentially the same. The only difference between the Midas and Behringer is the preamps and some hardware—the operating system is the same. I use Logic and and X32 Rack and it works very well. I'm not sure the limited MC protocol on these mixers will make you happy. Your X-Touch is way better. If you want great mixer to computer integration, then Reaper and Patrick Maillot's utilities may be a good choice.
      • August 16, 2020
    • ianbenn2010
      ianbenn2010 Dave, many thanks for this. It confirms what i had started to think that in reality keeping the x touch and buying a couple of extenders maybe the best way forward for Logic control. I probably won't spend as much on a new mixer. I will post my solution but it will be a couple of months.
      • August 17, 2020
    • ianbenn2010
      NicJonesMT Hi Ian.
      I have used the M32R in this way to record drums into a Reaper Session, and control the levels in the DAW using the MC DAW Remote Mode.
      Personally I think you don't get as much control as with the X-Touch (As you are lacking the Transport sections) but It did meet the basic needs to do a quick level mix in the DAW.
      If you need any further information then please feel free to open a support ticket.
      • August 17, 2020
    • ianbenn2010
      ianbenn2010 Hi Nic, Thanks for the response, greatly appreciated. as i mentioned to Dave, probably going to stick with the x touch for logic control and try to decide on a smaller digital mixer to connect synths into the apogee. its not really what i wanted but looks like the best solution at present.
      • August 17, 2020
      • Midas M32R with Logic X
        DaveMorrison The X32 Rack is a great mixer, a lot of forum members love the form factor. 32 channels (+6 TRS) in 3u form. The XR18 is also great. They both integrate well with the X-Touch. The SMPTE/ Beat button will toggle between the X-Touch's faders controlling Logic and the mixer.
        • ·
        • August 17, 2020
  • revdrlon
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-15

Hello, when i open X-Air edit in windows it just crashes. I have found the folder where "X-AIREdit.init" is stored and when I delete that file it allows the program to open. When i close the program and go to open it again it crashes. I have to delete the file again. That file stores the last used mixer settings. When iI delete that file I have to sync from the mixer to the pc to get all my setting back. I can do this process every time but it shouldnt have to be like that and I am getting frustrated.

read more...
    0 169
    • revdrlon
      Paul_Vannatto What version of X-Air Edit are you using? Current version is 1.5. There is a possibility that one of the files in the AppsData\<>\Roaming\X-Air Edit folder is corrupt. Delete that whole folder and try again.
      • August 15, 2020
    • revdrlon
      revdrlon I have to delete that whole folder every time I try to open the program, that is the problem. I've redownloaded the program a few times, it is the newest version on the website.
      • August 15, 2020
      • X-Air edit for pc crashes upon start (Windows 10)
        revdrlon replied
        • August 15, 2020
      • X-Air edit for pc crashes upon start (Windows 10)
        Paul_Vannatto I just downloaded and ran the X-Air Edit 1.5 (from the XR18 product site) on my wife's Win10 laptop (I use linux Mint) and it runs fine.
        • August 15, 2020
    • revdrlon
      NicJonesMT Hi There.
      Could you please open a technical support ticket and we can go through some additional trouble shooting with you.
      Please ensure that you provide the following;

Are you running as Admin?
      Have you tried in compatibility mode?
      The Precise Win 10 version you are using (Found in About my PC)?
      Do you have a Mixer connected when it crashes?
      Can you run the app from another PC?
      Can you confirm your PC specifications?
      • August 17, 2020
  • johnd73
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-14

Can anyone tell me if I can connect and control the X18 from two separate ipads at the same time so each band member can control their in-ear monitors?

Thanks!

0 24
    • johnd73
      Paul_Vannatto Yes you can
      • August 14, 2020
      • Behringer AIR X18
        johnd73 Thank you Paul, I appreciate it!
        • August 14, 2020
    • johnd73
      PatMurphy There is an app called XAir-Q that controls just the monitor mixes...
      • August 17, 2020
      • Behringer AIR X18
        johnd73 Is that available for the ipad?
        • August 17, 2020
      • Behringer AIR X18
        johnd73 I have the X18, i’m not seeing any apps by that name
        • August 17, 2020
    • johnd73
      PatMurphy I belive the Xair-Q is for Android only. Sorry.
      • August 17, 2020
      • Behringer AIR X18
        johnd73 That’s ok, no worries, thx anyway
        • August 17, 2020
      • Behringer AIR X18
        Paul_Vannatto Mixing Station will work for android, iPad, PC, Mac, linux
        • August 17, 2020
  • Gangerd
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-08-13

Is there a copilot version that works on android 8.1 ?

0 114
    • Gangerd
      Paul_Vannatto It works fine on both my tablet and phone with 7.1
      • August 12, 2020
      • Behringer wing and co pilot
        Gangerd I can’t even see it as an option in my play store 1.2 wont load and 1.1 loads but doesn’t go to searching screen
        • August 12, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto Odd. 1.2 loads and connects fine here. It should work on any android newer than what I have.
        • ·
        • August 12, 2020
    • Gangerd
      Gangerd I put 1.2 in the wish area then tried to install and this is all I get
      • August 12, 2020
        Paul_Vannatto That load screen looks nothing like what I have. It has a black background with the Behringer logo and "Behringer" in orange in the middle.
        • August 12, 2020
    • Gangerd
      NicJonesMT Hi Gangerd.
      Can you confirm the make and model of your Tab and the OS you are using?
      • August 13, 2020
        Gangerd I will post a pic of the information page when I get home from work
        • August 13, 2020
        Gangerd Posted
        • August 13, 2020
    • Gangerd
      Gangerd This is what I have
      • August 13, 2020
    • Gangerd
      KlausMock I tested V1.2 on my Samsung TAB A with Android 8.1 and my WING on V 1.07.2. and I have no Issues so far.
      Regards
      • August 14, 2020
        Gangerd Unfortunately I do not have Samsung just a cheap tablet it doesn't even let me do updates ????
        • August 16, 2020
Go to page