Statistics

284,987 members
166,860 posts
  • New
    ChopperKovach
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-20

I'm getting mixed information here, so it would be great if you could clear this up.  

Here is the configuration:

M32 for FOH (On-Site)  ----   PROVIDED BY VENUE

M32C and DL32 for Monitors (I carry in rack with IEMs)

What is the proper routing configuration for both the FOH and Monitor settings?  

The purpose is to walk in to any venue, and patch in the M32C/DL32 into existing system for IEM and artist control of IEM mixes.

I want to be able to simply plug in the AES to my rack, and provide monitors for my band.   I don't care about rerouting the outputs for mains or moving inputs to the DL-32 if possible.  If I had a 32 handy, i could figure it out, but I'm trying to prep this for someone else.

The information I have found is very confusing and contradicts itself many times.

Thanks in Advance.

read more...
    0 12
    • ChopperKovach
      Paul_Vannatto The M32C has 2 AES50 ports. If you have connected the DL32 (port A) to the M32C Port A, connect the M32 (FOH) to the B port and transfer all A inputs to the B outputs (using the Routing, AES50 screen). For example, on the Routing, AES50 screen assign the following:
      * AES50 B1-8 Outputs -> AES50 A1-8
      * AES50 B9-16 Outputs -> AES50 A9-16
      * AES50 B17-24 Outputs -> AES50 A17-24
      * AES50 B25-32 Outputs -> AES50 A25-32
      • Apr 20
      • M32C as monitor console AND DL32 for monitor outputs.
        ChopperKovach thanks for your response. Here is my point of confusion. Can I configure this so I don't have to re-route inputs and outputs? Also, more confusion occurs as I am trying to understand the setting you are referring to, but not referencing whether it is my IEM M32C or the FOH M32.
        • Apr 21
    • ChopperKovach
      GaryHiggins You can easily share the inputs with that setup. The DL32 is only one of two stage boxes set up to share its preamps between 2 mixers. Keep your M32C connected to the DL32 A port, you will then retain preamp and monitor mix control and any FOH M32 mixing won’t change your set up or alter your gain settings. Connect the B port from the DL32 to FOH M32. They will then have access to all 32 DL inputs too but only have a digital trim for each input ch. They can boost or cut the trim but that won’t change your actual gain settings. One would have to presume they can connect to their own speaker system from the FOH M32 position. Your system should be independent. What you want may be a lot more trouble if no M32/X32 is at FOH.
      • Apr 20
        ChopperKovach Thanks for your response. The intent is that regardless of what the FOH console is, I can take a stage split (monitor) and plug it into the DL32 if necessary. Obviously other than a Dante feed. My confusion comes with understanding how I can make the IEM rack (with M32c/DL32) not require reconfiguring from show to show, but if there is a M32 at FOH, just plug it into my rack and not have to worry about reconfiguring the FOH console. I am not using the last 6 outputs of the DL32, so it can either pass signal from FOH, or they can have a separate feed.
        • Apr 21
        GaryHiggins You would be ok with any x/m32 at foh with the dl32 B port used as I mentioned previously, the DL essentially becomes a splitter by design. Pretty sure you would have to own an analog splitter for use with other manufactures mixers to keep hem out of your kitchen and even then they will surely want some preamp control which might alter your in ear set up when done, Maybe it’s only minimal with luck.
        • Apr 23
  • New
    KayasithSoulisa
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-12-25

Does the cooling fan start to run when the Mr18 turns on or when it reaches a certain temperature? As of now when my MR18 is on the fan is not running I don't want to wait and see. 

Thank you so much

0 22
    • KayasithSoulisa
      Paul_Vannatto That is because the MR18 doesn't have a fan (just checked), same as the XR18.
      • December 25, 2021
    • KayasithSoulisa
      Dale_M Paul is correct, one was factored in on the original design but later found it was not required.
      • December 26, 2021
    • KayasithSoulisa
      KayasithSoulisa Gentlemen - Thank you so much -
      • December 26, 2021
    • KayasithSoulisa
      allansoegaard Mr18 is getting pretty hot sitting in my rack. Do any of you know if it is possible to install the fan that was original intended to the design.
      • Apr 20
  • New
    Tones67
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-12

Hi Team,

I've been using this software for a while now and I've just discovered a feature that I'd like added please. Put simply, it's "insert a blank channel" (between existing populated channels). The only (tedious) way to do it otherwise is to Copy & Paste from right to left until you can create a new channel where you want it.

Thanks 

AB

read more...
    0 12
    • Tones67
      Nigel67 Hi Tones67. Many thanks for your feature request, I will pass it on to the Software Design Team for future discussion and implementation. All the best
      • Apr 11
  • New
    JoeWelfeld
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-03-06

I have my router setup my brand new M32C it has an IP address, however it won't discover it. I also keyed in the address but that doesn't matter. I have been using a X32 rack for years. So I'm passed all that configuration. No I'm thinking there may be something really wrong 

read more...
    0 16
    • JoeWelfeld
      KyleJohnson Hello. First just review the basics, make sure the ethernet cable is connected to a LAN port on your router and that the mixer firmware and software versions are all up to date. Make sure the mixer IP address is not matching the Router IP or your remote device IP. They must be on the same subnet but not the same exact IP.
      • Mar 6
      • Midas M32C
        JoeWelfeld back to you at last. New router, new tablet (needed them). I can WIFI into the router from my tablet. I can directly connect to the router with my PC. The remote ethernet is connected to the router, and I still have no connection.
        • Mar 9
      • Midas M32C
        JoeWelfeld Very disappointed, I had to rent a board. Probably return it to sweetwater
        • Mar 9
    • JoeWelfeld
      GaryHiggins Sounds like network configuration issues and not the equipment, but hey.
      • Mar 13
  • New
    jc22
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-11

How do i connect from usb in to L/R xlr out?

0 13
    • jc22
      KevinMaxwell If you are trying to get the output from a computer (for stereo playback) into a mixer for a sound system then a device like this would do the job. There are more expensive ones and you can also get this one a little bit cheaper then from this site. I just picked up one of these for someone yesterday. https://peavey.com/usb-p-usb-playback-device/p/03001370 they will be playing a keyboard thru a computer with all of the sounds in the computer and need to then get it into the sound system for a musical. There are actually 3 keyboards with 3 different players and we already had 2 of the Whirlwind pcUSB devices that cost about $200 each but we needed another one and quickly so I got one of the Peavey units.
      • Mar 12
    • jc22
      GaryHiggins Are you asking about routing USB return ch tracks or an actual usb type instrument? In the event you are talking USB card ch's...
      • Mar 12
  • New
    JoeWelfeld
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-03-06

I am trying to figures out how to change the front panel  inputs to outputs.

0 9
  • New
    AndreaDP1
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2022-02-27

Hi, im a new member to this great forum.

Is there a way to have more than 64 internal memory slot for snapshots on MIDAS MR 18?

In a show I use all the 64 slots, calling them with a midi CC. andI need more.

Is a phicial limit of the MR18 memory? 

can this limit be fixed in a new firmware release?

I know that scenes can be saved on ipad/PC but there is no way to recall them via midi am I right?

In your experience there is a workaround to recall more snapshot via midi (eg saving them on hard drive or coding them in a very long sysex string?

Second question: 

are MR18 scenes compatible with x32 rack, can I just save them and upload on x32?

many thanks for your attention,Andrea.

read more...
    0 11
    • AndreaDP1
      KevinMaxwell I normally use the Midas M32 mixers and am now using the WING for musicals. And I use a program called Palladium that is from https://www.chsounddesign.com/ it isn’t free but there is a trial version available on the website. I think it works for 30 days. This is a program that runs on a Windows PC. And it will do 1000 cues.

Palladium is made to work with different mixers using a Mixer file for the mixer you want to control. It can control 3 mixers at the same time. A while ago I got ahold of an MR18 mixer and I wrote a Mixer file for it to work with Palladium. It works over the Ethernet connection to the MR18. I just looked at that mixer file and it looks like I enabled the faders the mutes and the scribble strips and maybe the EQ controls. I figured at the time if someone who already had Palladium and wanted to do a smaller show with an MR18 then they usually would I would write this simple mixer file for that. The DCA assignments may also be enabled. This was a few years ago that I did this and I only had the MR18 for a few days to play with it.

If I am remembering correctly the OSC settings on the MR18 is very similar if not the same as the X32/M32 mixers. Which makes me wonder if any of the other programs that others have written for the X32/M32 mixers would work for the MR18.
      • Feb 27
      • MR18 64 slot and need more...
        AndreaDP1 Hi Kevin, thank you for sharing your experience. I will try the Palladium Sofware and investigate X32/M32 software to see if they can work on MR18. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction... Andrea.
        • Feb 27
    • AndreaDP1
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Andrea, As far as I know, the 64 snapshot slot max is due to the capacity of the X-Air/M-Air memory. From what you describe, I think you need snippet-like functionality (to change pieces of a scene), like with the X32. Unfortunately that was never developed for the X-Air/M-Air.

An alternative is the X-Air Live Toolbox that has tidbits (snippets on steriods). Unfortunately midi has not yet been implemented in Live Toolbox (on the ToDo list).

For your second question, you can convert any X-Air/M-Air scene file to X32/M32 scene using the X32 Scene Parser. Here are the links to the two apps
      https://sourceforge.net/projects/xairlivetoolbox/
      https://sourceforge.net/projects/x32sceneparser/
      • Feb 27
    • AndreaDP1
      AndreaDP1 Hi Paul, Than you very much for the complete reply. I really appreciate it. PS. is there a way to dump the whole setting of a MR18 ? useful, for exmple to clone all config to a second backup device. Thank you, Andrea.
      • Feb 27
    • AndreaDP1
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Andrea, to backup your MR18 (not including the snapshot list), use M-Air Edit (for Windows, Mac, linux or Raspberry Pi) to save the scene to a file. This file can then be loaded into another X-Air/M-Air using M-Air Edit and also can be used to import into Scene Parser.
      • Feb 27
        AndreaDP1 Hi Paul, Thank you Sir !
        • Feb 27
        AndreaDP1 Hi Paul, thanking for your patience I have another question: as you know the .scn that the MR18 write on disk is plain text(a sample below). Is there a way to code this information in OSC/Sysex ? this way I could send a long sysex string to setup the hole mixer at the beginning of the 65th song (it would be the snapshot 65, 66, +): it would be custom software and I'd be ready to hire the deveolper. Can I have your opinion please?
        /ch/01/config "VOX" 0 In02 U01
        /ch/01/preamp +0.0 OFF OFF ON 75
        /ch/01/gate OFF GATE -80.0 60.0 1 502 983 SELF
        /ch/01/gate/filter OFF 3.0 990.9
        /ch/01/dyn ON COMP PEAK LOG -11.0 3.0 5 5.50 10 10.0 151 100 SELF OFF
        /ch/01/dyn/filter OFF 3.0 990.9
        /ch/01/insert ON OFF
        /ch/01/eq ON
        /ch/01/eq/1 PEQ 133.7 -3.00 1.0
        /ch/01/eq/2 PEQ 550.8 -0.50 2.0
        /ch/01/eq/3 PEQ 1k49 +1.50 2.0
        /ch/01/eq/4 HShv 2k99 +1.25 2.0
        /ch/01/mix ON -16.8 OFF +0
        /ch/01/mix/01 0.0 OFF POST +0
        /ch/01/mix/02 0.0 OFF POST
        /ch/01/mix/03 -oo OFF POSTEQ +0
        /ch/01/mix/04 -oo OFF POSTEQ
        /ch/01/mix/05 -oo OFF POSTEQ +0
        /ch/01/mix/06 -oo OFF POSTEQ
        /ch/01/mix/07 -oo OFF POST
        /ch/01/mix/08 -oo OFF POST
        /ch/01/mix/09 -oo OFF POST
        /ch/01/mix/10 -oo OFF POST
        /ch/01/grp %0001 %0001
        /ch/01/automix OFF +0.0
        /ch/02/config "V LIVE" 0 In02 U01
        /ch/02/preamp +0.0 ON OFF ON 73
        /ch/02/gate OFF GATE -80.0 60.0 1 502 983 SELF
        /ch/02/gate/filter OFF 3.0 990.9
        /ch/02/dyn ON COMP PEAK LOG -18.5 5.0 4 5.50 10 10.0 151 100 SELF ON
        /ch/02/dyn/filter OFF 3.0 990.9
        /ch/02/insert ON Fx3A
        /ch/02/eq ON
        /ch/02/eq/1 PEQ 182.4 +2.00 1.0
        /ch/02/eq/2 PEQ 1k35 +1.00 2.
        • Feb 27
    • AndreaDP1
      Paul_Vannatto Unfortunately the sysex string is limited to 128 characters (in hex mode). For more details, see
      https://behringer.world/wiki/doku.php?id=x-air_midi
      • Feb 28
  • New
    zwilksch
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-09

Hi, apologies if this covered elsewhere. 
    We use an a Midas M32C in our studio as an interface in an aggregate device set up with Universal Apollo Twin. We were using an older Mac and it worked beautifully. We recently got a 2020 M1 Mac Mini (OS Monterey 12.2) and for some reason the M32C doesn't show up at all as a device. We have tried different cords. We also have an X32R which does work with M1 Mac Mini as USB interface. We are currently using that, but our ideal set up is with the Midas. We tried swapping the USB Cards (put the X32 card in the M32) but the Midas still wouldn't show up as a device. We also tried the DN32 Card (M32 card) in the X32 and that works fine with the Mac Mini. The Firmware is all up to date on the Midas. I guess the question I have is about whether it's a known issue that the M32C will not work with the new apple silicon chips and if there is any tech support I can get to work through the issue? 
    cheers,

zak

read more...
    0 39
    • zwilksch
      zwilksch Hi everyone, was just wondering if there was anyone who knew anything about the above issue?
      • Feb 21
  • New
    bhendrix2982
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-09

Any recommendations for not a brand new iPad but something refurbished? Year models that are compatible with the M32 software on iPads? Any help is appreciated. Just don't want to drop another $1-2k on a new iPad right now. 

0 21
    • bhendrix2982
      Paul_Vannatto Mixing Station should work with older iPads
      • Feb 9
    • bhendrix2982
      GaryHiggins 5th generation works well. Model MPGT2LL/A (also runs Mixing Station well)
      • Feb 10
  • New
    rhialto11
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-05

XLR Input 7 on my Midas M32R is suddenly showing a constant signal with nothing connected, pic attached. I updated to the latest firmware, did a factory reset, tried reseating the USB card, cleared every routing, etc. etc. Does anyone know what might be causing it and whether it's possible for me to fix it? Maybe opening the unit and cleaning it? Unfortunately it's out of warranty at this point. Any help greatly appreciated. 

read more...
    0 22
    • rhialto11
      Paul_Vannatto What source (on config screen) is assigned to Channel 7?
      • Feb 5
      • Midas M32R - one XLR input shows signal with nothing connected
        rhialto11 Xlr input 7. It's just the default factory routing. I also just discovered that a low cut filter removes the signal, but the meters still show the spurious signal pre-eq. And I tested a mic and the input is still working, it's just got that weird low frequency noise on it.
        • Feb 5
    • rhialto11
      Paul_Vannatto I had that happen on a couple of inputs of my MR18. I blew the XLR jacks out with compressed air and that seemed to do the trick. Try it.
      • Feb 5
Go to page