Statistics

260,536 members
139,134 posts
  • New
    Hodgy15
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-26

Anyone have any experience with the XR18?

I bought a refurbished one off eBay, ironically from  Music Tribe. It had to go back for repair because channel 4 wasn't working. Received back and now my outputs seem dodgy. On bus outputs 1 + 6 seem to have a lot of noise, 2-5 just don't work?!

Channel 17+18 don't seem to work and the headphone volume seems to make everything trip out. The main outs are very noisy too. It wasn't like this before it went for repair?! 

Help ?

read more...
    0 5
    • Hodgy15
      Nigel67 Hi Hodgy15. I am very sorry to hear that your XR18 is still not working after being back for repair. You need to contact the person that you were previously talking to and get them to take the unit back and repair it again. Can you just confirm the fault by making a factory reset, input a signal into one of the channels and check the outputs again. Do not load a show. To perform a factory reset, find the hole in the front panel by the access point. There is a switch behind the hole. With the unit powered, push something through the hole and hold the switch in for 12 seconds. You will feel the switch activate with a click. When you release the switch, the unit will have reset. If the unit still isn't working, then send in an e-mail to the person you were previously dealing with. Again, I am very sorry for this inconvenience.
      • Nov 28
  • New
    sbaker4
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-14

Overnight my XR18 started doing this after months of working fine. Inputs 9-16 now have noticable white noise added early in the signal chain, mixed with the input signal.

The noise level changes when Mic Gain or the channel fader are adjusted.

The noise stops when the Channel Source is switched from Mic/Line to USB (or the channel is muted)

I've tried power cycling, upgrading the firmware to 1.18, and initializing the settings to factory through X-Air-Edit, all with no change.

Can anybody help with this?

read more...
    0 15
    • sbaker4
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. Unfortunately it sounds like it could be a physical fault, I'd recommend submitting a support ticket. Click on Support and then click on Care/Service to submit a ticket.
      • Nov 14
    • sbaker4
      sbaker4

Actually I just turned it off so that it could properly cool down and the problem has gone away! The weather is warming up here, so it looks like overheating is something I need to become aware of.

• Nov 14
  • New
    Sixmilewide
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-10

we have recently purchased a xr18, we have guitars,vocals and drums in through the preferred channel strips.

when we solo the bass channel to Eq it this works great, when we solo each individual drum to do the same the solo button acts like a mute.

does anyone know where we are going wrong.

read more...
    0 9
    • Sixmilewide
      Dale_M Hi there, we would advise testing the XR18 on another PC/MAC and see if the fault follows the unit, if you need further support please raise a Technical ticket from the Support tab above.
      • Nov 11
  • New
    Snayp
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-29

I have an perfectly working one of XR18 mixer and after switching power ON - the "LD2" LED flashing some seconds and "LD1" LED lights up. On not working XR18 mixer the "LD2" LED is flashing but "LD1" LED doesn't power up. And not working mixer doesn't shows up on my computer connected via Wi-Fi or Ethernet or USB. I think it is a problem with Firmware but I can't update it or doing something else because mixer can't be connected to the computer. What i have to do in this case to fix this problem?

read more...
    0 30
    • Snayp
      WilliamR Hello,

Please click the support link above and create a tech support ticket. Someone will contact you to help you out ASAP.
      • Oct 29
  • New
    RichardDetwiler
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-26

The device will not power up.  I am using a Furman power conditioner

it is in a controlled studio.  (no moisture, sunlight, overheating).  

Powerlight comes on, then dims and flickers

The device doesn't work will not connect to wifi, nor register on the usb.

read more...
    1 65
    • RichardDetwiler
      Behringer Hi RichardDetwiler. If you need assistance with your Behrin ger products, the fastest and most effective way to directly reach our technical support team is at:

https://bit.ly/MT-CarePortal

- Diego
      • Sep 26
    • RichardDetwiler
      PedroRodrigues Hi RichardDetwiler before you submitting an assistance request directly with our Tech Support Team as stated above I would suggest to connect your unit directly to a wall socket and bypassing the Furman Power Conditioner to acess if the unit would operate correctly. Thank you
      • Sep 27
    • RichardDetwiler
      Dragonsfire Interesting. Were you able to get this resolved? My nearly exact same combo of hardware you showed is doing exactly the same thing since last week. XR18 (from 2017), Furman M-8Dxm - power light is dim (almost slight flicker), LAN LED's light up on mine, no one home. Power supply is shot?
      • Oct 25
    • RichardDetwiler
      Paul_Vannatto Did you plug the XR18 directly into an outlet?
      • Oct 25
      • Behringer Air XR18 powering up
        Dragonsfire It appears he did (and so did I) based on a previous post above that isn't showing anymore... but even a reply I typed up a minute ago just magically disappeared or got eaten by the forum? (Bad enough how slow it is. Do they run this on a RPi? Heh.)

Sadly I went ahead and looked inside my mixer and found a ton of bulging caps on the power supply. I will open a case with Behringer to see what options are available to me, as I'm sure he did the same.
        • Oct 26
    • RichardDetwiler
      Paul_Vannatto Yeah, this "newfangled" forum engine has a mind of its own. The trick is to never to reply to a reply or to a notification or an email link. And if they are using an RPi, its version 1.

Sorry to hear about the power supply. Hopefully tech support will be able to help you get it back up and running.
      • Oct 26
  • New
    BCDurham
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-22

Hello,

1. Is it better to control my XR18 during a live gig through a wifi-connected (via external router) Android tablet or through a wifi connected (also via external router) PC (laptop)? 

2. Relatedly, is there some sort of priority one gets over the other? For example, if one person is making changes through the PC does the PC somehow block any changes another person puts in through their tablet or phone (changes to in ear monitor AUX outs, for example)?

3. Finally, can someone confirm that snapshots are saved in the mixer whereas scenes are saved in the controlling device? If so, if I save a scene in my laptop and call it up at the start of the gig, can I then move my controlling to the tablet and use the tablet during the gig? Then at the end of the gig would I have to start the laptop back up to save the gig's "scene"?

Thanks and sorry for the complicated questions. I am new and we gig tomorrow.

Brian

read more...
    0 25
    • BCDurham
      Paul_Vannatto 1. Yes that is the way I've been doing it for the past few years. For the android app, you should get Mixing Station and use a dual (or triple) band external router (use the 5Ghz band).
      2. No, there is no priority. But with Mixing Station, you can restrict control to a certain mixbus (for their IEM's, etc) and you can run unrestricted for the Main LR outputs.
      3. Yes, snapshot are stored in the XR18 (up to 64 of them) and scenes are stored on the device (eg. laptop) as scene files. What you describe is how I do it.
      • Oct 22
  • New
    SvenBurgis
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-21

Hello,

i really use many years Behringer Products, but in my and from sond engineers opinion e are missing new innovation. example Touch screen or optical connection between mixing and S16(Example). 

So how your next innovation?? 

Best Recards 

Sven Burgis

read more...
    0 12
    • SvenBurgis
      Dale_M Hi Sven I will pass your remarks over to the Behringer Design team, on a similar matter the new Midas HD96 has full touch screen.
      • Oct 21
    • SvenBurgis
      Paul_Vannatto The Behringer Wing also has a touch screen.
      • Oct 21
  • New
    BCDurham
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-19

One of many questions I have about my new Behringer XR18:

What is the difference between "FXSnd#" in the Sends tab and "Rtn #" at the far right of the Channel layout? 

Thank you!

0 7
    • BCDurham
      Paul_Vannatto The FX sends are buses that mixes channel (dry) signals to go to the respective FX engine (1-4). The resulting (wet) stereo signals from the FX engine come back as FX Rtn # to be mixed with the rest of the channels for FOH (Main LR).
      • Oct 19
  • New
    Soccerman58
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-05

Hi

I am interested in picking this up cheap because it has a big touchscreen, but the processor is only 1.8 GHz - will that be a problem please?

Has Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

Thanks

Phil

0 6
    • Soccerman58
      Paul_Vannatto Which Edit? Also don't rely on the thread title to provide info, since it is cut off.
      • Oct 5
      • Will a Dell Inspiron 22-3265 with an AMD E2-7110 APU and 4GB run Edit and a couple of rack gear management programs please?
        Soccerman58 Hi. Xair 18, sorry. Thanks Phil
        • Oct 5
      • Will a Dell Inspiron 22-3265 with an AMD E2-7110 APU and 4GB run Edit and a couple of rack gear management programs please?
        Soccerman58 Hi Paul. Could you take a look at my thread about trying to use LA2a as an insert please? I am now getting input and output, but still no needle movement. Thanks Phil
        • Oct 5
    • Soccerman58
      Paul_Vannatto You shouldn't have any issues running X-Air Edit, since it takes very little resources.
      • Oct 5
    • Soccerman58
      Soccerman58 Cool, thank you
      • Oct 5
  • New
    Soccerman58
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-22

Hi

I have 2 lead singers and I would like to try the dual mode Fairchild compressor as an insert

The manual is a bit thin on this, but as I see it I just have to load the compressor in the rack, click the insert button, select channels 1 and 2 from the dropdown list, then click the purple button for each channel. Can anyone confirm please?

Thanks

Phil

read more...
    0 9
    • Soccerman58
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Phil, yes that is correct.
      • Sep 22
    • Soccerman58
      Soccerman58 Great, thanks much!
      • Sep 22
    • Soccerman58
      Soccerman58 Hi again. So if the other 2 compressor plugin FX are only stereo, presumably I can only really use those on a stereo bus please? I guess the same question goes for the Pultec EQ clones too. I would like to try the Pultec as an insert on kick drum, but I suspect if I click the insert button and select Channel 10 from the channel list I will only get the EQ applied to either the left or the right side of the PA which would be silly. Thanks
      • Sep 22
    • Soccerman58
      Paul_Vannatto The other 2 compressors come in both dual (mono) and stereo, just like the Fairchild one.

Regarding your second question (Pultek EQ as an insert), I don't think you are understanding how an insert works. The kick signal will be a mono signal. If there is an FX inserted into the signal chain, the resulting (wet) signal will return as a mono signal to the signal path.
      • Sep 22
    • Soccerman58
      Soccerman58 Hi Paul. So I could use the Pultec on the kick if I want to give up an FX slot? Thanks.
      • Sep 22
Go to page