Statistics

268,266 members
147,830 posts
  • New
    Stevenfly
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-17

Hi @ all,

I bought an XR18 mixing console. Unfortunately, I cannot connect to my Macbook Pro via the USB output of the mixer. The mixer is absolutely not recognised by my Macbook.
    The mixer's firmware is updated to version 1.18.

The operating system of my Mac should be Big Sur (11.6.2).

Is this a known problem and can anyone possibly help me.

Thank you in advance.

Greetings Stefan

read more...
    1 5
    • Stevenfly
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. First I'd say test a different USB cable and port. Then try another computer. If none of those steps are successful you should contact our Technical Support team. Click on Support and then Technical Support to submit a ticket.
      • Mon at 1:49 PM
  • New
    djfunk14
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-15

Kicking myself for not registering within 90 days (or it would still be under the 3yr warranty) but just short of 2 years my SD16 has nothing coming out of the outputs. Power and AES50 light comes on without issue. Inputs all work just fine but no output. I'm sure it's not a config issure as I've tried everything under the sun. The mixer is definitely sending signal as I'm able to see it on the meter and replicate the output to a local bank of 8 outputs on the x32 mixer.

As the final troubleshooting attempt, I replaced a known working SD16 in a working setup with the one to troubleshoot, and sure enough, none of the 8 outputs on the SD16 were picking up anything. I've cracked the unit open, checked all the connections and did a quick inspection for any blown caps or damage but couldn't see anything. I then put it back together and had the same results. 

This thing was used for a few months initially with no issue, then sat in my basement as a backup for the better part of a year and a half until I was able to get another X32 to use it with. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

read more...
    0 4
    • djfunk14
      Paul_Vannatto Did you check the output bank switch (near the AES50 ports) to make sure it is set to what you want (eg. 1-8)?
      • Jan 15
  • New
    Woody1010
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-10

Im Currently running Two X32 Compacts and an S32 stage box in a concert hall and am very happy with the way they work although sometimes we are required to move between locations in the hall for FOH.

So rather than unplugging and re-patching both ends im wondering if its possible to have multiple cat 6 cables through a switch to different locations and i can pick up anywhere in the room? 

Even if it requires 2 switches One for AES50A and another for AES50B.

read more...
    0 10
    • Woody1010
      Nigel67 Hi Woody1010. Unfortunately due to the protocol used, it is not possible to run AES50 through network switches.
      • Jan 10
    • Woody1010
      Woody1010

Read somewhere if its done through star network and nothing else on the switch then maybe it could work but thought it was worth a check before i attempt anything but thanks for the help.

• Jan 10
    • Woody1010
      Paul_Vannatto First of all, ethernet is never configured in a star topology. Secondly, the AES50 is a proprietary protocol that only uses (shielded) ethernet cable (physical layer). All other ethernet protocol layers are not used.
      • Jan 10
  • New
    kiwifolkmike
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-09

Hello

I recently fired up my XR18 and I get a continuously flashing power light. I cannot connect to it anymor - a "hidden network" appears on my PC but it won't recognise the usual credentials. I have tried the reset options to no avail. I can find no reference anywhere on what the flashing light means. Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Mike

read more...
    0 13
    • kiwifolkmike
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here from Music Tribe. Please contact our Technical Support directly by clicking on Support and then Technical Support to submit a ticket.
      • Jan 9
  • New
    sbaker4
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-14

Overnight my XR18 started doing this after months of working fine. Inputs 9-16 now have noticable white noise added early in the signal chain, mixed with the input signal.

The noise level changes when Mic Gain or the channel fader are adjusted.

The noise stops when the Channel Source is switched from Mic/Line to USB (or the channel is muted)

I've tried power cycling, upgrading the firmware to 1.18, and initializing the settings to factory through X-Air-Edit, all with no change.

Can anybody help with this?

read more...
    0 18
    • sbaker4
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. Unfortunately it sounds like it could be a physical fault, I'd recommend submitting a support ticket. Click on Support and then click on Care/Service to submit a ticket.
      • November 14, 2021
    • sbaker4
      sbaker4

Actually I just turned it off so that it could properly cool down and the problem has gone away! The weather is warming up here, so it looks like overheating is something I need to become aware of.

• November 14, 2021
    • sbaker4
      kelnhofer Hi Sbaker, has the noise come back? I have an XR18 and inputs 9-16 noise up when the unit is cold. The noise goes away after about 5-10 minutes after the unit warms up. I've read about this issue on other forums. Sometimes its on inputs 1-8. My gut is telling me it might be a clock issue, trace issue or capacitor issue on ancillary circuitry supporting the ADC. There are two octal ADCs. One for inputs 1-8 and the other for inputs 9-16. Unfortunately, without a schematic it is very difficult to troubleshoot. I sent back under warranty and the issue wasn't resolved (also it was summer time and mine only noises up when its cold). Keep us posted. -Rich
      • December 21, 2021
  • New
    paulvesco
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-12-18

I had a tech company with seven X32's, two X32 racks, a CORE, and a Producer, along with four S16's along with an IOS X32 edit program.... and eventually have figured out the routing for each situation, but I still get confused and stumped on some settings.

I find the "language" and "labeling" confusing. I find it odd that you go under AES50-A to assign LOCAL outputs, but please read on.

To eliminate a hardware snake, we will typically set our rack with the X32 Rack near the stage. Then we place two S16s on the stage. (My band is typically a large horn band with bigger stages.)

We want inputs in three places:

-- at the board, 1-8 (playback, wireless mics, etc)

-- Stagebox A, 9-24 (horns, guitar, etc)

-- Stagebox B, 25-32 (drums, bass, keys, etc)

On the board we want outputs 1-8 at the board, local..... no problem with that and I run my mains out of 7 and 8.

But sometimes I need additional Mix Bus outputs for additional monitors, etc. I often have trouble assigning outputs 9-16 to the S16's (either A or B).

=================

A seccondary but related question is if I am using two outputs for stereo FOH and I use four buses to feed EFX, that really limits me to 12 usable sub outputs, or am I thinking wrong on this. I can't use Aux outs because they don't have the full monitoring functionality of Mix Buses.

Finally, I have had (and still have) loads of Behringer gear from personal monitor systems, smaller mixers and dozens of direct boxes and I am very happy with the products Behringer manufactures.

read more...
    0 17
    • paulvesco
      GaryHiggins You don’t assign local outputs from aes50. You can however use local INPUTS as a source for any aes50 ch and that’s what “local” is in the aes50 routing menu, local INPUTS. Local outputs are really what you assign from the XLR out menu and are realized as the XLR physical sockets on the rear of the Rack (or any X32) Defining the sources for any output group is done from the “outputs 1-16” “ultranet” and “Aux out” routing menus. Often referred to here as the “staging” menus. You assign your sources in these 3 places. Then choose a source menu and assign it for the output group (aes50, XLR, User out etc)

The XLR outputs of the S16’s (when connected via Cat cable from a mixer) are fixed at aes50 out 1-8, 9-16 and 17-24 depending on the config knob setting of the S16. No LED on the screen (config fully counter clockwise) the xlr’s will output aes50 1-8, +8 LED lit up becomes aes50 9-16 and +16 LED lit up becomes aes50 17-24. You need to insert your desired source group to these aes50 groups of 8. All this is done under aes50 routing. Default x32 routing uses “out 1-8 and out 9-16” for aes50 out 1-8 and 9-16 and then repeats those same source groups for aes50 17-32. To get that third output option for the S16 XLRs you need to utilize a different staging menu and use that as the source group for aes50 out 17-24 and set the config to +16. The S16 port assignments are all fixed at specific aes50 ch's but the sources for the aes50 ch's are freely assignable. The specific assignments for those groups get made in each of the 3 "staging" menus. The newer User menu adds a bit of a twist to this in that you can break away form groups of 8 and use single ch's in it.

Yes you are limited to 12 mix buses if you use 4 for FX. I usually find 2 global fx to be plenty so that frees up 2 more for mix buses.
      • December 18, 2021
    • paulvesco
      Paul_Vannatto The iOS app is NOT an editor app. It is a mixing app and should be used as such. Use the X32-Edit app (for Windows, Mac, Linux and Raspberry Pi) to make any routing changes, since it is designed for that. Granted you can use a mixing app to do routing, in a similar manner that you can use a screwdriver to hammer a nail into wood. But there is a much better tool for that purpose - same with the X32 apps.

The routing screens are based on what the X32 sees. In other words, put your mind inside the X32 itself when making routing changes and ask yourself "What do I want coming in and where do I want it going out". The only input screens are the Inputs and User In. All other screens are outputs to something (including Aux Out, AES50 A and B, XLR Out, Card, Ultranet, User Out).

The routing screens are further divided into block assignments (including Inputs, AES50 (A and B), Card, and XLR Out) and patching assignments (Out 1-16, Aux Out, Ultranet, User In and User Out). Patching screens are used to make up the blocks of 4/8 that the block screens require.

There are both physical and virtual outputs. Out 1-16, User In and User Out are all virtual outputs which are not connected directly to physical outputs. All other screens are physically connected to outputs.

Hope this explanation better explains how these routing screens work in the X32/M32 eco-system.
      • December 18, 2021
      • Routing Confusion
        GaryHiggins Just to add a tiny bit more to this. Even though the Aux out and Ultranet out routing menus DO connect to and determine actual physical output sources, they also have a virtual component when used as a routing tool. That is to say even if you do not have any devices connected to their physical output jacks, the routing assignments made in those menus still pass as a virtual source. (for say AES50A out 17-24 as an example)
        • ·
        • December 19, 2021
  • New
    Hodgy15
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-26

Anyone have any experience with the XR18?

I bought a refurbished one off eBay, ironically from  Music Tribe. It had to go back for repair because channel 4 wasn't working. Received back and now my outputs seem dodgy. On bus outputs 1 + 6 seem to have a lot of noise, 2-5 just don't work?!

Channel 17+18 don't seem to work and the headphone volume seems to make everything trip out. The main outs are very noisy too. It wasn't like this before it went for repair?! 

Help ?

read more...
    0 7
    • Hodgy15
      Nigel67 Hi Hodgy15. I am very sorry to hear that your XR18 is still not working after being back for repair. You need to contact the person that you were previously talking to and get them to take the unit back and repair it again. Can you just confirm the fault by making a factory reset, input a signal into one of the channels and check the outputs again. Do not load a show. To perform a factory reset, find the hole in the front panel by the access point. There is a switch behind the hole. With the unit powered, push something through the hole and hold the switch in for 12 seconds. You will feel the switch activate with a click. When you release the switch, the unit will have reset. If the unit still isn't working, then send in an e-mail to the person you were previously dealing with. Again, I am very sorry for this inconvenience.
      • November 28, 2021
  • New
    Sixmilewide
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-10

we have recently purchased a xr18, we have guitars,vocals and drums in through the preferred channel strips.

when we solo the bass channel to Eq it this works great, when we solo each individual drum to do the same the solo button acts like a mute.

does anyone know where we are going wrong.

read more...
    0 16
    • Sixmilewide
      Dale_M Hi there, we would advise testing the XR18 on another PC/MAC and see if the fault follows the unit, if you need further support please raise a Technical ticket from the Support tab above.
      • November 11, 2021
  • New
    Snayp
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-29

I have an perfectly working one of XR18 mixer and after switching power ON - the "LD2" LED flashing some seconds and "LD1" LED lights up. On not working XR18 mixer the "LD2" LED is flashing but "LD1" LED doesn't power up. And not working mixer doesn't shows up on my computer connected via Wi-Fi or Ethernet or USB. I think it is a problem with Firmware but I can't update it or doing something else because mixer can't be connected to the computer. What i have to do in this case to fix this problem?

read more...
    0 47
    • Snayp
      WilliamR Hello,

Please click the support link above and create a tech support ticket. Someone will contact you to help you out ASAP.
      • October 29, 2021
  • New
    RichardDetwiler
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-26

The device will not power up.  I am using a Furman power conditioner

it is in a controlled studio.  (no moisture, sunlight, overheating).  

Powerlight comes on, then dims and flickers

The device doesn't work will not connect to wifi, nor register on the usb.

read more...
    1 76
    • RichardDetwiler
      Behringer Hi RichardDetwiler. If you need assistance with your Behrin ger products, the fastest and most effective way to directly reach our technical support team is at:

https://bit.ly/MT-CarePortal

- Diego
      • September 26, 2021
    • RichardDetwiler
      PedroRodrigues Hi RichardDetwiler before you submitting an assistance request directly with our Tech Support Team as stated above I would suggest to connect your unit directly to a wall socket and bypassing the Furman Power Conditioner to acess if the unit would operate correctly. Thank you
      • September 27, 2021
    • RichardDetwiler
      Dragonsfire Interesting. Were you able to get this resolved? My nearly exact same combo of hardware you showed is doing exactly the same thing since last week. XR18 (from 2017), Furman M-8Dxm - power light is dim (almost slight flicker), LAN LED's light up on mine, no one home. Power supply is shot?
      • October 25, 2021
    • RichardDetwiler
      Paul_Vannatto Did you plug the XR18 directly into an outlet?
      • October 25, 2021
      • Behringer Air XR18 powering up
        Dragonsfire It appears he did (and so did I) based on a previous post above that isn't showing anymore... but even a reply I typed up a minute ago just magically disappeared or got eaten by the forum? (Bad enough how slow it is. Do they run this on a RPi? Heh.)

Sadly I went ahead and looked inside my mixer and found a ton of bulging caps on the power supply. I will open a case with Behringer to see what options are available to me, as I'm sure he did the same.
        • October 26, 2021
    • RichardDetwiler
      Paul_Vannatto Yeah, this "newfangled" forum engine has a mind of its own. The trick is to never to reply to a reply or to a notification or an email link. And if they are using an RPi, its version 1.

Sorry to hear about the power supply. Hopefully tech support will be able to help you get it back up and running.
      • October 26, 2021
Go to page