Statistics

254,389 members
132,072 posts
  • flpccc
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-05-30

Hi guys,

I connected this sweet foot pedal to my PC through the M-Audio Uno USB/midi interface, installed the latest driver downloaded from the M-Audio site and it is working with each bank/pedal corresponding to adequate Guitar Rig preset. Example1: Bank0 / Pedal1 will be 001 preset in Guitar Rig and so on.

My problem is that I am not able to program each bank/pedal to do what I assign it to through Options>Controller. I am only able to program Expression Pedals 1 and 2 however I want. When I try to do exactly the same thing with pedals my input just gets ignored and the preset changes to whatever default value are (see example1 above). I am quite sure I am performing the correct steps as I was able to program EP 1 and 2 with no issues.

My questions is: How do I get Guitar Rig to recognize my pedals and allow me to program them through Options>Controller the way I'm able to program Expression Pedals?

What piece of information am I missing? Please help me out! I spent many hours trying to work around this to no avail...

Alternately, I downloaded the FCB1010 Manager which I am trying to figure out as we speak.

Thanks!!

read more...
    0 87
  • PaulW_Frields
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-05-03

I've started a playlist of videos that can help you set up a MOTÖR 49 or 61 with Pro Tools on Mac OS X:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIGzw4bd3KPV_sezy-tvVVEt7RxyL7DJq

I make it a point to explain the concepts, so that those with Windows machines can figure out the correct OS utilities or applications to use to get the same results.

By the end of the series you can have not just faders, pan pots/encoders, and pads working as useful buttons, but also plugin support on inserts A-J, send A-J levels, and cool triggers like dropping markers on the timeline during recording or playback. I'm still cranking out videos but this is all working on my system here using ProTools 12, 2018, 2019, and 2020.

read more...
    1 66
    • PaulW_Frields
      PointSource

Paul,

I've watched all of your YouTube tutorials and have found them very helpful.

After setting up my faders, rotaries, pads and transport controls on my Motor49 to take command of ProTools, I go to the Edit menu and successfully save the preset created for this purpose (Preset 1, which I also call ProTools). But every time I power down the Motor49 and then restart at a later time, all my MIDI re-programming is lost. 

What's going on? Am I missing a save step somewhere?

• May 19, 2020
  • RadarKilowatt
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-04-10

Where can I buy a replacement power cable/supply for a Behringer xTouchOne ????  Thanks.

0 109
    • RadarKilowatt
      RexBeckett

Hello @RadarKilowatt , welcome to the community.

I suggest that you raise a Care ticket for Spare Parts explaining your requirements. This is done by clicking on Support at the top of the page and then clicking the Create a Care Ticket button. This is only possible if you have completed all the required fields in your profile. Make sure that you fill-in every required field on the Care form.

• April 10, 2020
    • RadarKilowatt
      Roblof

You can go into any guitar store and get a 9VDC power supply for guitar pedals (reverse polarity with minus on the pin) that can output at least 1700mA.

• April 10, 2020
  • boer4u
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-10
    Hello guys, Can anyone help me with an advice to figure out how I can control a Randall V2 Head with a Bheringer FCB1010 midi pedal?Is about how to setup the Midi channels/programs. Thank you in advance.
    0 99
  • decktheHolls
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-25

Hiii.  Can someone please help direct me what to plug in where to make my Arturia MIDI keyboard work with my VoiceLive 3? I have a Scarlett 18i8 to use as an in-between but am not sure what to plug in where to be able to hear the keyboard sounds in the VoiceLive.  This is currently where my vocals and guitar stuff is done and I want to be able to take the MIDI keyboard sounds from my keyboard (which obviously only come through on the PC) and have them go into the VoiceLive so I can loop that in with my vocals and guitar stuff.  I realize I probably have to somehow use my DAW (Ableton Lite came with the keyboard) to make this work?  But am unsure how to do even that! I am very new to the technical side of all of the musical things... So if someone would be kind enough to dumb it down for me, that would be great!  Currently, the keyboard and VoiceLive are both connected to the PC via USB... And these, as well as the Scarlett, all have MIDI in and out ports {this was the only thing someone had asked in return when I explained my issue before} that I just need to know how to use.

read more...
    2 135
    • decktheHolls
      PetGerbil

If you're monitoring via the VL3, and the PC is generating the sounds via a "softsynth" I would take the "AudioOut" from the Soundcard(Scarlett) into the "Aux In" socket on the VL3. (1/8 inch stereo audio lead)

So,

Midi keyboard => Scarlett/PC => Audio out to VL3 Aux In  

But there are multiple ways to do it. That's probably the easiest way to start.

Maybe add a USB lead to the VL3 from the PC if you need sync,but then it starts to get a bit more head-hurty.

• January 25, 2020
  • alanmackey1
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-20

Hi, I recently got a Motor 61 during an end of year sale but now 2 of the keys do not work unless pressed down hard... playing normal every key will work except these 2.  I have opened a support ticket but have not had a reply at all and it has been over a week.  Is there anything I can do to start an RMA??

read more...
    0 141
  • lukario20
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-15
    Pedal compatibility

Hi! I want to know if the pedal is compatible with the Korg Pa700. Does this pedal also have an expression pedal? what is it that plugs into it?

0 117
  • Doris
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-10-03

Hi there, I'm a singer and a totally newbie with the TC Helicon Voicelive 2 touch... I played with my band and wanted to mix with some live loops I was making but they got out of sync with the rythm of the band. I've been looking everywhere but I cannot find how to do this, hope someone understands what the problem is?

read more...
    0 508
    • Doris
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @Doris,
      This is actually a pretty difficult issue when it comes to live looping with a band. You basically have two options, and your drummer might hate both...

Option 1 is to crack the whip on your drummer.  Get them to pay attention to your loop, and once you've recorded a loop and have it playing back they'll need to play in time with your loop.  Your loop becomes the new tempo master that everyone else slaves to, especially the drummer, or else like you found everything will go out of sync very fast.

Option 2 is to introduce a MIDI click track.  Use something like a laptop to output MIDI clock with an audible click track - like a metronome the click track is then fed to your drummer through in-ear monitors (headphones), and MIDI clock is sent to your Touch 2's MIDI input which will quantize your loops to the click track.  This is obviously extra hardware and effort but some drummers will prefer this method.

Both of these will require cooperation and extra effort from your drummer, which isn't ideal but really this is only way to loop live in sync with a band.  It's a simple problem with a pretty complex and still-evolving solution.

The concept of a "listening looper" is a relatively new one.  To have a looper that adjusts to your playing, as opposed to adjusting your playing to the looper, isn't a common thing in the industry yet.  TC Electronic just released a listening looper last year, the Ditto Jam, and its beat-detection tech is hopefully going to make it into future TC Helicon products.  But for now with vocal looping you'll have to do it the old way (above), or alternatively you could send your vocals out from the Touch 2 in mono and do your looping in a Ditto Jam, that'd make your dummer happy but you'd only have one loop slot as opposed to Touch 2's 6 loop slots.

• October 3, 2019
    • Doris
      Doris

Well first of all: thank you very much for reacting, this helps me getting to know the options a lot better!!! The solutions you suggest are in my case not possible because we don't have a drummer (we ave a percussion player , the rhythms come form the computers of the keyboard player and the guitarist) so that is a bit difficult.

I heard somenone mentionng Ditto Jam so I will explore this as well although I bought the Voicelive for this purpose. Another thing is that I want to mix in my loop while we are playing, (instead of me starting them an someone else following me) so that makes it even more difficult.

Other options I was thinking about:
      1:can the slave option in the settings for metronome do something to this?
      2: I heard someone mentioning Ableton push? Is that an option?

• October 4, 2019
  • coolbreeze711
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-05

Im' trying to learn how to choose the correct voltage, and how to open the fuse compartment...

0 211
  • Doris
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-05-26

Hi there, I'm a singer and a totally newbie with the TC Helicon Voicelive 2 touch . I am experimenting with it and I canot find out how to connect the TC Helicon Voicelive 2 touch with a Korg K25 midi studio controller. I want to do that in case when I want to harmonize it keeps in key with the song we are playing. I never worked with midi at all so maybe I am making some basical mistakes, but I hope that there is somewhere a guide or what to help me get along.

read more...
    0 364
    • Doris
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @Doris,
      You should be able to use a 5-pin MIDI cable (like this) to connect the MIDI output from your Korg to the MIDI input on the VoiceLive Touch 2.  Also ensure that in the "Setup" menu on your Touch 2, on the "MIDI" tab that the "MIDI Control" parameter is set to either "MIDI" or "Merge" so that the Touch 2 is listening to that MIDI input port.  Cheers!

• June 20, 2019
Go to page