Statistics

249,341 members
126,338 posts
  • New
    cxu18
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-15

I recently bought a used Ditto x4. Pretty soon I found out that using the Tape Stop effect on a loop even once brought in crackling and noise to any subsequent loops I recorded on that loop channel. The only way to fix it is to disconnect the power supply (currently using a Truetone 1spot). Is this fixable via a firmware upgrade, or it something else?

read more...
    0 3
  • New
    ID73
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-13

Hi community,

I want so get a monitor signal from my DI out, and therefore make a cable with XLR to Jack connector. 

Can I bridge Pin 1&3 safely or will it do any harm to my amp (TC BQ500 bass head)?

Thanks in advance!

ID73

read more...
    0 2
    • ID73
      PedroRodrigues Hi ID73 Considering what you are trying to achieve regarding monitoring your signal I would suggest to use the XLR output on the BQ500 to connect it to a device that offers monitoring such as sound card with a XLR input using a D.I. Regarding the asymmetric signal that you referred can you please provide more information on what you are referring to.
      • Tue at 12:34 AM
  • New
    gilmourstrat
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-11-28

Regarding the next 1.2 firmware update. I know its not possible to disclose all of the features for now but I'm genuinely considering buying one BUT I wanted to ask if MASH switches acting like a multi-effects ON/OFF is a real possibility.

What I mean is: imagine Board #1 is programmed with Chorus, Delay, Reverb. At board load we could have just the Chorus turned ON and, at a press of JUST ONE MASH SWITCH, turn the Delay and Reverb on and Chorus off. Like having "scenarios" inside a board. This would be a great feature because the switching boards possibility causes a natural lag which live would be quite annoying to use.

This way, inside a board, with ALL THE PEDALS CONFIGS already loaded, we could have multi "mini boards" without lag - acting as a true multi-effect unit. Would you say it's a possibility for 1.2 update or its just out of the question for this unit?

Many thanks!

read more...
    0 48
    • gilmourstrat
      PedroRodrigues Ola Filipe, infelizmente neste ponto nao sera possivel revelar nenhum ponto ou funcao que o FW 1.2 vai implementar, o que poderei fazer sera apresentar as tuas ideias e propostas funcoes a equipa de R&D para que possam analizar. Obrigado
      • November 30, 2020
      • Plethora X5 1.2 Question
        gilmourstrat Almost a year passed by after this query. Would you think my suggestion will ever be possible? Or there's any limitation on the MASH switch that will prevent snapshots inside a board? Many thanks (again)!
        • Sep 8
    • gilmourstrat
      gilmourstrat Obrigado Pedro pela resposta :)
      • November 30, 2020
    • gilmourstrat
      TC-Mike The MASH switches of all slots have normal on/off switch functionality + either a customizable MASH function or for some Fx a secondary footswitch function( instead of MASH) like tap tempo mode (flashback 2 delay + Pipeline Tremolo) or Ramp mode (Viscous Vibe).
      • November 30, 2020
      • Plethora X5 1.2 Question
        gilmourstrat Almost a year passed by after this query. Would you think my suggestion will ever be possible? Or there's any limitation on the MASH switch that will prevent snapshots inside a board? Many thanks (again)!
        • Sep 8
  • New
    gilmourstrat
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-09-08

Hello,

I have a Corona Chorus pedal and had the Brian May Chorus 1 TonePrint loaded. The pedal is not working anymore and I cannot retrieve the settings for the Chorus I had and loved - unless I buy another pedal of course, but, for now, that's out of the question for me.

Is there anyway I can approximate the settings on my G-System and how If I can't see them? :(

Many thanks in advance! 

read more...
    0 6
    • gilmourstrat
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi gilmourstrat, I am sorry to see your Corona Chorus is no longer functioning. Would you be able to provide a more in-depth description of the issue you are experiencing with it so I may assist further?

If it is a power-related problem could you please provide the specifications of the power supply being used?
      If it is relating to the beaming/storing of Toneprints could you please confirm if you are using the desktop or phone editor and on what type of device?

Thanks in advance.
      • Sep 8
    • gilmourstrat
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi gilmourstrat, thank you for the follow-up. Is this the same even when using a battery?

If so it would, unfortunately, appear to be a hardware fault with the Corona Chorus which is going to require a service repair.
      If you have not yet done so could you please submit a service request ticket and one of our service team can advise further? You can do this by going to support at the top of the page or by using the following link:

https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket?type=service%20request
      • Sep 8
  • New
    Jab23
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-08

Hello to all
    I would like to understand how to do a new vortex setup
    I want to keep the vibrating scratch of the vortex but completely eliminate the jet effect
    how can I do?
    Thank you

0 11
  • New
    Nillablanco
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-08

I know there is no way to reinstall factory presets without losing my saved boards. I liked the Factory Presets "chickin lick pickin" board, but I sccidetkg lost it. Does any one have the pedals and setting numbers for that board? I wish they had full board presets for tons print like the other pedals. Thanks! 

read more...
    0 9
    • Nillablanco
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi Nillablanco, the Chickin Lick Pickin presets is made up of the following settings Pedals/Toneprints/Settings:

Hypergravity Copmpressor - Default Toneprint - Sustain = 56, Attack = 100, Level = 47

Flashback 2 - Ana Toneprint - Delay = 6 ,HiCut Freq = 2.80kHz, Delay 2 = 93ms, Delay = 93ms. Feedback = 0, Feedback 1 = 0%, Feedback 2 = 0%, Clip Drive = 6dB. FX Level = 39/-9dB

HoF 2 - Plate Toneprint = Decay = 7/0.824s, Tone = 84, Hicolor = 34, FX Level = 20/-25dB

Flashback 2 - 2290 Toneprint - Delay = 24, Dleay 1 = 292ms, Feedback = 11, FX Level = 21/-23dB

Pipeline Tap Tremolo - Vintage Toneprint - Speed = 39, LFO Speed 1 = 4.50Hz, LFO Speed 2 = 4.50Hz. Depth = 46, LFO Depth 1 = 68%, LFO Depth 2 = 69%. Volume = 30, Output Level = 4.0dB
      • Sep 8
  • New
    gilmourstrat
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-09-07

Hi all,

currently I use a one amp setup, with the G-System. I hook up things the following maner:

1. Guitar -> Treble Booster -> Amp Input
    2. G-System Out Left -> Amp FX Return
    3. G-System Input -> Amp FX Send

I think this is called the "3 cable method"? Anyway, the reason I don't use 4CM is the fact that the Treble Booster needs the guitar interaction directly with the pickups - otherwise sound very thin and lifeless.

I'm thinking on using 2 amps in stereo for bigger venues, so I was wondering if there's a way to hook up the G-System with two amps but mainting the Guitar -> Treble Booster -> Amp Input scheme. Maybe using a splitter like this?:

• Guitar -> Treble Booster -> Splitter Input 1 - Amp 1 Input
    • Guitar -> Treble Booster -> Splitter Input 2 - Amp 2 Input

Many thanks in advance.

read more...
    0 4
    • gilmourstrat
      WilliamR Hello, I would hook up the treble booster to one of the g system's effects loop. This will introduce the treble booster to the front end of your amp where it needs to be. Please refer to the attached Diagram.
      • Sep 7
    • gilmourstrat
      gilmourstrat

Many thanks for your reply William. It doesn't work I'm afraid. The Treble Booster is a tricky beast - it needs direct interaction between the guitar pickups and the amp input. So it must be Guitar -> Treble Booster -> Amp Input. Any other way it sounds like a can...

• Sep 8
  • New
    DAKn0x
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-06

Hi, I just took delivery today of a Zeus Drive (awesome so far). I remember reading that the first so many units (can't remember how many?) will have a pair of germanium clipping diodes.

Does anyone know how I would know what diodes are in mine?

read more...
    0 7
  • New
    sixtwowaifu
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-26

Hi there, 

I recently purchased the Thrust BQ250 Bass Head. It's rated for 250 watts @ 4 Ω. But my cabinet, like most, is 8 Ω. Now, I know the wattage will decrease significantly since the resistance is doubling, but I also know it's not as simple as cutting the wattage in half. ?

When you have more resistance the amperage goes up, and watts is volts × amps. So it's not exactly half. As with higher resistance you create more source amps and more source amps by source volts means higher watt. ?

I've read the manufacturer's product page, specs, user manual, etc... I can't find the information anywhere. I've seen other manufacturer's websites and they'll often print the watts for both 4 Ω and 8 Ω so us bass players don't have to take wild guesses or learn electrical engineering (heck we can barely count to 4 right?) ?

to;dr: does anyone know how many watts the Thrust BQ250 will output to a cabinet with an impedance of 8 Ω ?

Thanks very much in advance. ?

read more...
    0 22
    • sixtwowaifu
      PedroRodrigues Hi sixtwowaifu, please consider that generally on an amplifier, the current will depend on the speaker impedance (ohms). The higher the speaker impedance (in ohms) the lower the current that can be drawn from the amp, which means less the power.
      Rule will be the following:
      “Doubling speaker impedance halves output power”
      This will result in the following:
      With the unit operating with a 4-ohm speaker, the maximum output power will be 250 watts.
      With an 8-ohm speaker, considering the example above the maximum output power will be 125 watts.
      Thank you
      • Aug 30
    • sixtwowaifu
      maphisjrock1 Hi, looking for a replacement speaker for a BG250/208.
      • Sep 2
  • New
    MTGuitar
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-31

I'm trying to decide between the regular Polytune 3 and the Mini version, I like the Mini's size, and that it has the switches on the outside, but is it possible to upgrade the Mini's firmware?  I don't see anything like a USB connector like the regular Polytune 3 has, and there don't seem to be any software updates on the product page. 

Thank you!

read more...
    0 16
    • MTGuitar
      Dale_M Hi there, no there is no software updates available for the mini as it does not have a USB port, only the full size Polytune 3 offers this advantage.
      • Aug 31
      • Is it possible to update firmware on Polytune 3 Mini?
        MTGuitar I figured that was the case, I just wanted to confirm. Thank you for your response!
        • ·
        • Aug 31
Go to page