Statistics

234,076 members
109,688 posts
  • New
    EdPolo
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-28

Hi,

I have BG250-208 and Switch-3 pedal. However, I never know which TonePort is active. Is there a way to  know when each of these slots are active? I want to load two different effects but am always able to load one in slot 2. When I activate slot ! nothing is happeneing. Mute siwtch (#3) is working fine.

Thanks,

Ed

read more...
    0 18
  • New
    TC Electronic
    Triber Moderator
    2021-05-28

ZEUS DRIVE OVERDRIVE
    bit.ly/TC-Electronic-ZEUS-DRIVE-OVERDRIVE

Learn More: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4sJodSX-kw

ZEUS DRIVE has arrived direct from the heavens, this golden chalice among overdrive pedals has a luxurious warm tone and quite an astonishing dynamic response, injecting the nectar of the gods directly into your guitar sound.

#TCElectronic #ZEUSDRIVEOVERDRIVE #Guitar #Pedal

read more...
    2 17
  • New
    HandOfIke
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-27

Hi,

I'm so interested in the Sub n Up Mini it's actually the perfect perdal for me I don't need loads of features from an Octive Generator and this pedal covers everything I'd want, and the real estate it takes is perfect!!

Looking at reviews on YouTube I've found a bunch of videos that all say the same thing (granted these are 2/3 years old) That it doesn't work right. The Bigger Sub n Up you can have just Sub or just Up or even just Dry. But the videos on there for the Mini when you dial out the the Sub and Up and just have dry you do not get just the dry signal you get octaves in there still even though these are set to 0. 

Is this right or sare these people wrong and/or this 'issue' has been solved? 

Many thanks 

read more...
    0 14
  • New
    Bluesmanstar
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-28

How can eliminate unsed bank, without having to scroll through them all, on Plethora x5?

Thank you.

0 13
  • dhpasta
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-06-13
    I was looking for way of contact with TC to share with You my opinion and few ideas on Plethora. Only working way I found is here. So, I felt in love with Plethora since first video of it. I used to be against guitar multi effects but idea of five separate effects with their own footswitches, luck of complicated routing, multiple cab and amp sims are what I expect from multi effect. Very clear displays, intuitive handling and many effects to choose from with Toneprint technology are big advantages. Technical feedback. I've got two (actually three) problems when using Plethora: 1. Tremolo - on few toneprints, especially with faster settings tremolo is changing speed randomly. It spins with set speed then speeds up for a second, gets back to set speed, speeds up again for half of second, gets back, and so on. I've done update, because I've read that it was reported earlier, but it still happens. 2. Changing boards - when I switch pedalboards and hold a note or a chord, volume rises up and lowers when next board ends loading. It's a bit disturbing because volume increase during the change is quite big. Also volume is higher when I switch on my rig and Plethora is loading. When it is ready to use overall volume is lower. 3. There is one more small thing. When I change boards with lever switch there could be a bit more time to decide which board I'd like to choose. In other words: When i switch board up, number appears on display, I read it's name and decide to change for next board, but it's too late and board starts to loading. I have to wait for loading to be ended and change to next board. That time when number and name of next board is being displayed could be a bit longer. Quick changing boards by pressing lever quickly is possible. I also found few things which in my opinion could be improved: 1. List of toneprints - I've uploaded to plethora some artist toneprints from app and created few mine. List of toneprints became a bit messy. I think that the list could be divided in sections: templates, user toneprints, stock toneprints, artist toneprints. Categories could be divided with line like between templates and stock toneprints. 2. Toneprint label - when I use stock toneprint in play mode there is label on display: TC ELECTRONIC, when it's my own toneprint there is: LOCAL USER. When I use artist toneptint there is also TC ELECTRONIC label. It would be helpful when there will be label ARTIST or artist name will appear. 3. Empty slot after deleting pedalboard - for example: I have 25 pedalboards. When I delete number 22 this slot remains empty. Then when I create new one it gets number 22. For me it would be nice to shift boards numbers after deleting one in the middle and giving last number for newly created. I know that it could be unuseful for other users, so it could be an option in settings menu like: Delete board: shift numbers/remain empty. 4. Deleting tone prints - It's more a question than an idea. Is it possible to deleted toneprint loaded to Plethora? For example: I've created toneprint and I don't need it anymore. Can I delete it from toneprints list in Plethora? I couldn't find that in app. According to FAQs in video (YouTube one with Scotty & Anders) I'm also waiting for phaser. I think it's must-have in such a device. It also would be grate to have Alter ago toneprints in Plethora! Now I have to save some money and buy drive pedal to complete my rig 'cause I sold almost all my pedals to purchase Plethora. Maybe I should try MojoMojo? :) Sorry for long post - it was supposed to be a mail :) I would be very happy if you find my feedback helpful.
    read more...
    1 754
    • dhpasta
      dhpasta Can I format text in post somehow?
      • June 13, 2020
      • Plethora X5 - few words of feedback
        RexBeckett The only formatting tool discovered so far is that Shift-Enter starts a new paragraph.
        • June 13, 2020
        TC-Mike currently not that i am aware of... this is likely just temporary due to the new forum launch last night too.
        • June 13, 2020
        TC-Mike here are screenshots on how to disable Pipeline TEMPO feature and how to assign TEMPO subdivision to MASH pressure sensor.
        • ·
        • June 13, 2020
    • dhpasta
      TC-Mike Hi DHPasta,

welcome onboard and thanks for the great feedback. Much appreciated . Glad to hear you like our new Plethora :-)

We monitor this community closely for fproduct eedback and there is also a feature request post here in the TC Electronic brand tribe /Guitar & Bass forum where you can add your ideas or upvote existing feature requests
      from other users:

You can also always send product feedback, ideas and questions to our CARE team using the "Support" tab at the top of the page or simply send me a PM…

Latter is currently not possible unfortunately due to the transition to the new community structure, but the team is working on it.

Regarding your issue with the tremolo changing, this is due to the Toneprint/setting you are using having the “TEMPO/BAR” feature active, which allows you to specify up to 4 tempo subdivision
      that are cycled through for the duration of a bar. This can be very useful when combined with the tap tempo feature that you can activate via SETTINGS/BOARDS/2NDARY FOTSWITCH FUNTION.

In order to disable it on a particular toneprint you like, edit the toneprint via the app by disabling all tempo bar fields except the first one.

P.s. alternatively you can assign the Subdivision that the toneprint uses also to the MASH switch or a connected expression pedal , so you can easily change tempos while always staying in sync with the tapped tempo. Typically you set Mash default to quarter notes,
      so the speed always snaps back to your basic tempo when footswitch is released after mashing . If you just want to switch to eg .8th or 16th notes, set all other curve points to same value.

In order to delete a Toneprint stored in PLETHORA’s on-board library, select the toneprint you wan to delete in EDIT mode and then press and hold the TONEPRINT push encoder to get the “DELETE” option.
      Press push encoder again to confirm and execute. All on-board toneprints are also available as template via the app, so you can either start off fresh and build your own library from scratch or just edit the available
      Toneprints via the app and store them in your user library for later use and using the STORE TO PEDAL option you update the edited toneprint on the PLETHORA.

I logged your feedback regarding memory location behavior when deleting board as a feature request. You can use the board organizer of the app to rename boards and change order too.

The Helix Phaser, Viscous Vibe + a Looper will be available with the 1.2 firmware update scheduled for later this summer…

What would be your top 3 feature requests for the 1.3 update?

Best regards from the TC guitar team
      • June 13, 2020
        dhpasta Thank you very much for quick answer Mike! I'm happy that you've found my opinion helpful.
        Thanks for solutions - I will mess with tremolo later on
        It's nice to hear that Helix Phaser will come in firmware 1.2! What would be my requests for 1.3? For sure it would be Alter Ago tonprints. I'm very curious about it and it would be good companion for phaser in more vintage tones. Secondly those cosmetic updates I've mentioned above - divided toneprints list, artist labels on effects and maybe active pedalboard number (or shorten name) visible somewhere on display. The third one - filter effect. That would fill list of effects. Kind of LPF, envelope, equalization. With companion of expression pedal that could be use as wah-wah. Also equalizer with toneprints powers could be mighty tool! Ane the forth, becasue it argues with idea of "drive of your choice" it could be booster with some eq possibilities. It could be useful for people (like me) using Plethora in 4CM with drive from amp. But I know it could be done with some addition pedal.
        • ·
        • June 13, 2020
        dhpasta O, and as Linux user I should upvote request for Toneprint App for unix systems
        • June 13, 2020
        TC-Mike i pass this on - with regards to efforts of supporting an additional platform on top of MAC OSX, WINDOWS , iOS and Android versus using the time on other product features instead that's gonna be a tough one to sell ..
        • June 14, 2020
    • dhpasta
      TC-Mike Cheers, noted.
      As for the booster, you can currently also re-function your Pipeline Tremolo as a dynamic boost. Since it can boost output level by up to 9 dB, just assign output level to MASH switch and set Modulation depth to 0% , so you don't get the tremolo. If you don't want a gradual boost, just set all curve points to the same boost value
      Hyper gravity with its 3 bands can also be used to adjust the colour of your signal by using it as a dynamic EQ mapping the gain parameters of the 3 bands to the potmeters.. Try the dynaQ template as a starting point and adjust the boost/cut levels in the app to taste. You can set the X-over frequencies of the 3-bands too.
      • June 13, 2020
        GuitarGeorge Hey There TC Mike!
        • July 1, 2020
        GuitarGeorge I'm loving my Plethora. The only modulation pedal I can't get rid of is my Crescendo. Any chance that can be added in the next update?
        • July 1, 2020
    • dhpasta
      Bluesmanstar bank
      • May 28
  • efrencamilo
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-24

I wanted to get a plethora, but I watched a YT video where the presenter talks about the lag that the effect has when changing boards with MIDI program changes. I've read some discussions about it and people calls it "normal behavior". Not at all, is not normal, is just a bad design decision by not thinking in consideration live performance and one button MIDI Changes, that for what I've been read many of us use while playing. The design team simply thought in another use. But enough of negativity, I just declare my opinion. Now let's be proactive,  I have thought in two solutions for this lag.

1.- Send Program changes in channel 1 and controller changes in channel 2. Different channels for one thing and another. This will work with any MIDI controller that can send one program change and 5 control change messages over different channels with the push of a button.

I'm building an Arduino MIDI foot controller, so in that particular case is posible to program that behavior. And of course a computer DAW can do it as well. But maybe the vast majority of MIDI controllers can't.

2.- The TC developing Team Option. Add the chance to program inside the Plethora the behavior we want when a program change is received. I imagine something like this:

PC000 - BOARD# - FX1(ON/OFF) - FX2(ON/OFF) - FX3(ON/OFF) - FX4(ON/OFF) - FX5(ON/OFF)

It means that when the Plethora receives the MIDI Program 000, we can assign a board and the status of the five FX on that board.

So when playing live this could happen:

Song #1

PC000 Clean sound MIDI controlled amp channels or whatever...

Plethora programing: Board 1 - OFF - OFF - ON - ON - ON

PC001 Crunch sound with all your MIDI controlled Gear

Plethora programing: Board 1 - OFF - ON - OFF - ON - ON

PC002 Lead Sound....

Plethora programing: Board 1 - ON - OFF - OFF - OFF - ON

Crowd cheers you up. You change to a new MIDI PC for song 2:

Song # 2

PC003 Another crunch sound

Plethora programing: Board 2 - OFF - ON - ON - ON - ON

You get the idea.

So you play live, use board 1 for song # 1 and with PC000 to PC0002 you just change the status of the 5 FX on that board. Then when it's time for song # 2 you can do the board change and the lag is irrelevant.

I will skip the plethora until something like this is implemented, because, although is possible to do so, I don't want to go back to logic programming, add new functions and variables on my Arduino MIDI controller.

I may opt for the Nova System, which I used to have a few years back, is a solid unit... with another design flaw.

The infamous drive section and the chance to put the drive section before the amp and the rest on the FX loop. The design team simply didn't wanted to give us that.

Don't get me wrong TC effects are truly amazing and reliable (NovaSystem, G-Major1, NovaDelay and Polytune user here), but sometimes you just can't understand why such obvious things got out of the equation. 

Anyway in the end it doesn't matter because musicians will always find the way.

And If you love the Plethora, believe me you can overcome this design flaw with Arduino, but it implies a lot of thinking, work and learn some programing.

Please be safe everyone!!!

read more...
    0 18
  • New
    AnthonyCirillo
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-25

I understand how to beam sounds to the mini but then is that the sound you are stuck with until you beam another one to override? Thanks

0 23
  • New
    dhodgson99
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-24

Windows desktop user here, with a 4-knob Hypergravity pedal from 2015 running latest firmware & TonePrint app. Documentation is out of date and the TonePrint 2 app feels... clumsy and unhelpful. Deciding to revisit this pedal and go deeper, can you help with these questions?

1) Can you store a TonePrint so that it replaces any one of the Spectra/Toneprint/Vintage toggle settings (i.e., your choice of three available locations - this is how Source Audio's very similar pedals work), or merely the single middle TonePrint toggle setting? Does the toggle have to be set to "Toneprint" in order to receive a TonePrint, and if not, what happens?

2) Related to the above: When storing a TonePrint, are the Spectra & Vintage toggle settings left untouched?

3) When storing a Toneprint, does it survive power-off or have to be reloaded?

4) Is there any way to "Restore Factory Settings" of the HyperGravity?

5) Is there any way to query & edit the internal state of the HyperGravity? I.e., if someone gave you an unknown HyperGravity pedal could you edit it in place using the TonePrint editor without knowing the template or preset it was loaded with?

6) Is there a way to save a TonePrint to an external file such that it can be archived & loaded in later? I have no idea where the TonePrint editor is saving its presets.

7) Is there any way to edit an Artist Toneprint, or are they deliberately meant to be secret and unmodifiable?

8) Will we be seing new documentation & HyperGravity-specific information both for the pedal and the TonePrint desktop app? Besides a general lack of information, many of the t.c. electronic links related to the HG & TonePrint Editor are dead.

Thanks - djh

read more...
    0 23
    • dhodgson99
      NicJonesMT Hi DHodgson99
      I will try to answer you questions as best as I can when using the Toneprint Version 4 editor.

1 -You can only upload Toneprints to the Toneprint slot. When you connect the pedal to the Toneprint app it will ask you to select the Toneprint slot to proceed.

2 - Yes these are not changed

3 - Yes. The TP will still be there after a power cycle.

4 - There is a factory default Toneprint that you can reupload to the pedal.

5 - Unfortunately not. It is not possible to see the settings of a TonePrint already uploaded to a pedal.

6 - Unfortunately no. It is not possible to save the Toneprint as an external file.

7 - No, it is not possible to change artist Toneprints.

8 - I will pass this request on the development team.

If you need further support please click support at the top of the page and submit a technical support ticket.
      • May 24
    • dhodgson99
      dhodgson99

Thank you, Nic!

• May 24
  • New
    tcelectronicisonlygoodforscrap
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-20

I am trying to buy parts for RH450. I have joined your so called tribe, sent e-mail, created care ticket over a week ago and i hear nothing. I am not impressed. I am a pro repair engineer working with pro musicians who don't have time for manufactures social nonscence. They just want their equipment fixed.

read more...
    2 26
    • tcelectronicisonlygoodforscrap
      PedroRodrigues Hi tcelectronicisonlygoodforscrap to be able to assist you on this matter can you lease provide the case number assigned to this request. Thank you
      • May 21
    • tcelectronicisonlygoodforscrap
      tcelectronicisonlygoodforscrap Case number is CAS-455215-C5V5N8.
      • May 21
  • New
    oiamt
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-21

I recently learned about sweetened guitar tuning (tuning each string a few cents flat to accoomodate for fretting chords etc for optimal intonation during play) and wonder if the Unitune can be used to do this (tune a string anywhere from 4 to 12 cents flat, varying by the string).

I was able to do flat tuning with a Korg CA (essential for African instruments) but want a clip-on for guitar and am wondering which one to get. I prefer the Unitune otherwise, but am unsure about the tuning increments. It looks like a line of lights is an interval of some kind, so I wonder if it's 1 cent, or more than that, perhaps 5 cents?

Thanks

read more...
    0 16
Go to page