Statistics

253,627 members
131,201 posts
  • GeneDurham
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-08

I own a WireTap pedal, and it seems to be almost exactly what I need... except that when I plug it in USB, it seems to be read-only, so I cannot delete files, and what's worse I cannot copy files back onto the pedal, which vastly decreases its usability.

How can I get a precise selection of .wav files uploaded to the pedal, so I can use the pedal as an "instrument" at rehearsals, or for reamping, etc.?

read more...
    0 152
    • GeneDurham
      TC-Samuel

Hi @GeneDurham 
      Unfortunately, at this point you can't transfer wav files to the Wiretap Riff Recorder. You can administer your recordings and delete them via the Wiretap app for android and iOS. The app will give you a detailed view of the recordings stored on the pedal and your phone. With the Ditto X2 Looper you are able to transfer a wav file from the computer to the pedal via USB.
      All the best,
      Samuel

• January 8, 2020
  • HotWired
    Contributor - Level 1
    2015-06-21
    Hallo... as my RH450 is in repair at TC-Electronic. (Completly dead at a gig!!!!! no light at all)
    I am thinking about getting an BH550.
    Qustions:
    1. Is the Fan always on?

2. Is the preamp section analog or digital?

3. Has anybody had the same problems with the BH550 as i have have with the RH450... suddanly no ligtht, no sound. ??

Kindly
    Thomas
    read more...
    0 1,247
  • natc666
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-11
    0 87
  • juliendes
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-19

My flashback 2 pedal is shutting down after I try to beam a tone print to it. I have to replug in the to the power source to get it going again. Has this happened to anyone? I think this is a defective pedal?

0 127
    • juliendes
      TC-Rasmus

Hi Juliendes

That sounds pretty weird. Have you tried beaming different TonePrints and the same thing happens?
      If that is the case, you might have to return the pedal and get  new one.

• January 22, 2020
  • 1Nikola
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-14

In short - could it be possible to get download links to any/all official/stable firmwares other than the 1.00 Build 35, and 1.30 Build 89? 

I would like these for testing. It comes down to one thing - Redo option. The 1.3 firmware doesn't allow for a Redo option after a stop, both on double tap and on "STOP" switch (although it should, according to release notes). I have tested and retested this.

So, since I creativelly use stop quite often, the looper's possibilites become limited. Right now I'm using the 1.0, which allows for the redo, but it has other inconviniences, like not being able to delete a stopped loop by holding down the loop's button without the loop being played for a short amount of time before that. That takes away from the seamlesness of clearing out of phrases. Not to mention the effects upgrades, stability, etc. which the 1.3 firmware has. If I could get to a firmware version that has the "best of both worlds", it would be ideal for me.

Just to point out - I'm using the X4 as a standalone looper, so I don't need the MIDI capabilities.

Cheers to all

read more...
    0 286
    • 1Nikola
      TC-Samuel

Hi @1Nikola 
      I think that can be arranged. Will have to get back to you tomorrow.

Cheers,
      Sam

• January 15, 2020
    • 1Nikola
      TC-Samuel

Actually, it can't be done. We don't have any instances of the old versions.
      But the latest (unofficial) version of 1.30 is build 91
      I'll PM you a dropbox link. Really hope that helps
      Cheers,
      Sam

• January 15, 2020
    • 1Nikola
      1Nikola

The build 91 solved the issue!

Thanks a lot!

• January 16, 2020
      • Ditto X4 - alternative firmwares download?
        AlexPaul do you still have that 1.0 build anywhere? I am searching for old versions of firmware to remove some midi capabilities
        • November 19, 2020
  • dmusishun
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-21

I have used the Ditto X2 for about a year with no issues. All of a sudden when I record a loop my output volume goes up 20% or so. It will stay that way regardless if the loop is playing or not. As soon as I delete the loop from the pedal the volume returns to normal volume. I have seen this issue with other posts, but nobody seems to have addressed a solution for this. Has anybody who had this issue solved it or did you just throw out the pedal?

read more...
    0 100
  • db22
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-20

Following the instructions supplied in the carton, I connected my new BAM200 to an 8 ohm bass cabinet using a heavy-gauge speaker line, and plugged my bass into the instrument input. I turned the gain and level controls all the way down, turned on the power and played while slowly increasing the gain only. The SIG LED came on as soon as I raised the gain just a little. By the time I reached the 9 o'clock point, the LED was on whenever I struck a note, no matter how lightly I touched the string. When I raised the level control, the sound from the speaker was fairly normal-sounding, not distorted, even though the LED was on all the time.

The instructions lead me to believe the SIG LED should come on only after the gain knob is raised a substantial amount. The way I understand it, the SIG LED lights up as a warning that the preamp is overloading the amplifier stage, producing distortion. If the LED lights up so quickly, is the indicator defective, or is there some other malfunction in the system?

I have entered a service ticket, but I wonder if someone here might have encountered the same issue with the BAM200 bass head. Thanks!

read more...
    0 147
    • db22
      TC-Rasmus

Hi db22

It doesn't really sound like that big of an issue. The SIG LED should light up whenever you strike a tone, as you also described, the LED just tells us that BAM200 is receiving a signal from your bass. It's fairly normal, when you play some different bass lines, that the LED stays on, because of the nature of what you are playing. In the end, it depends on the bass your using, if it is active or passive, if it is a high gain or low gain bass, whether the LED turns on when you turn it to 9'o'clock or all the way to 6. You just have to find the level that suits your rig the best without distortion, and from what you are saying, you've already found that spot, right?
      Hope this helps

• January 20, 2020
  • paalbs
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-19

I recently purchased a TC Flashback2 that I've set up for tap tempo using the mash function. The tapping works, but the time is wildly off. Say, if I tap an 80 bpm delay, it plays as a 100 bpm delay, rendering it essentially useless. The blinking indicator shows the right time, but the delay is way off.

Has anyone experienced something similar? Does anyone know a fix? I have upgraded the firmware to the lastest version.

read more...
    0 207
    • paalbs
      TC-Lars

Hi.

That's interesting. Never heard of this before, so I'd like to hear a little more about your setup. 

The tap-tempo function base the tempo on the latest two taps on the footswitch. Does not get more precise the longer (the more times) you tap. Because it works like this the two taps have to be spot-on.

You say that the LED blinks in the correct time, but the delay is too slow?
      Which TonePrint are you in?
      Which sub-division is your pedal set to?

BR,
      Lars

• January 19, 2020
    • paalbs
      TC-Mike

yes, that sound like subdivision isn't set to "4" -> quarter notes ..

• January 19, 2020
    • paalbs
      paalbs

Aha, that was it! I set the dip switch to quarter notes, and now it works like a charm. I should have tried that before posting here, sorry to be wasting your time. Thanks for the swift replies!

• January 20, 2020
  • natc666
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-10

How do you get someone to answer a warranty service request? How long does it usually take? I barely used this amp (10 times) and it's fried already. And there seems to be no way to contact anyone. Is it just money "down the drain"?

0 141
    • natc666
      TCH-Rob

Hi @natc666 ,

Warranty service requests are done throught the "support" tab on this website (www.musictribe.com). Once you create a care ticket, it takes up to 48 hours for the team to get back to you. 

Hope this helps, let me know if you have further questions!  

• January 10, 2020
    • natc666
      natc666

@TCH-Rob I still haven't heard anything from anyone about this. Here's my ticket number Ticket Number: CAS-60643-W6D0Y7 . Can you help? Super frustrating 

• January 14, 2020
  • The_wedge
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-19

I've just bought this pedal yesterday.

Never noticed at home,

But the led flashes when shimmer is on and then when in bypass.

Do I need to return it to shop or is it a battery issue?

0 88
    • The_wedge
      TC-Rasmus

Hi Wedge

Are you using a battery? in that case, try hooking the pedal up via power supply, if it still flashes, it has to be a bug, and you have to return it.

Maybe try a different battery also, if the first solution doesn't cut it

Hope this helps

• January 20, 2020
Go to page