Statistics

249,981 members
127,078 posts
  • acuevase
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-26

Hello everyone, I've just bought a TC Electronic Alter Ego x4 Vintage Echo Pedal. I love some of the presets that it comes with, but i've noticed that there are a couple that sound distroted on the repeats and the Delay Level on this presets are lower than others. I'm talking about the ECHOFL and the COPYKAT presets. Is this normal?, if not, how can I fix it?, maybe a factory reset?.

*I've noticed that if I play the strings harder it gets more distorted, if i play gently I can make them sound clean.  

read more...
    0 190
    • acuevase
      TC-Rasmus

Hi Acuevase

Actually the distortion is on purpose. Those two presets are based on the Electro Harmonix Echo Flanger and the Watson Copicat. Since we've gone out of our way to recreate the precise sounds of these old tape machines in the Alter Ego X4, that is what you get. And of course the distortion differs slightly depending on which unit you use. So it is a matter of taste.

If you load the TonePrint EP-3 Less Drive into the TonePrint slot, you get an Echoplex sound but with less drive, if that is what you are searching for.

• December 29, 2019
  • nickgeorge350
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-28

My flashback 2 x4 resets my preset upon using mash functions which affect tempo changes, like with tape delay. Anyone else experiencing this problem? 

0 110
    • nickgeorge350
      TC-Rasmus

Hi Nick

Can you specify your precise settings when this happens?
      What settings are affected, and does this occur only when you MASH and on specific settings?

• December 29, 2019
  • trfcrugby
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-29

First...installed...windows sees it, and installs it as an audio device.  I have no access to the device to import or export loops.  Tried on two different machines, both with Win10, same result.  Windows sees it, installs as an audio device.

Secondly, I tried to put in a support ticket in the care center...I put in TC Electronics, and under model there is no option for these devices.

Third...as a new player...it would be really nice if there was a video tutorial or written manual on how to use the pedal.  I found many videos showing it being used and demoed, but none that covered how to use the features.

read more...
    0 196
  • papmrt
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-23

bought a unitune april 2019.  battery goes dead in 2 or 3 days.  attempted to create a support ticket but the form has no selection for the tuner.  I got ripped off, 

0 119
    • papmrt
      TC-Rasmus

Hi papmrt

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles with our support system and the unitune.

It is not normal for the tuner to suck out that much battery-life.

What batteries are you using and where did you buy the unit?

We were not aware of the problem with the support system, we'll get the support form fixed straight away

• December 29, 2019
  • wfavero
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-27

I have been reading up on the Polytune 3 Mini and see no mention of using it with a bass guitar.   How well does it work with a bass?  Is it just as good with bass as with a guitar?

Thanks 

0 140
    • wfavero
      macfilipe

Yup - I use it with a 5 string bass without a problem. Of course it helps if you use 12th fret harmonics to tune, and it doesn't always get the 5th string in polytune mode, but string by string it's perfect.

• December 29, 2019
  • sleiweke
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-12-22

Hey gang!  Is there somewhere I can download all the toneprint presets from the Trinity T2 pedal for my new HOF 2?   I still love all the presets on the T2, but I need a couple of them on a separate board for traveling and I would love to able to add them to a couple of the toneprint slots on the HOF 2.   

Thanks!

read more...
    0 96
    • sleiweke
      TC-Kristian

Hi @sleiweke 

I'm afraid there's no way to do that right now. But it's a great idea! 

I'll pass it on to the product manager!

Merry Christmas!

/Kristian

• December 22, 2019
  • jerund
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-22

My new BQ500 sounds great on my Fender 115 or my Eden 110, but I'd like to use both.  With the single output on the BQ is there a safe way to do this?  Both speakers are rated for 300 watts, and are 8 ohms, so as I understand it the only hitch is how to connect them.

read more...
    0 124
    • jerund
      DaveMorrison

@jerund 

Yes. The BQ500 will safely connect to a load of 4 ohms. Since each cabinet is 8 ohms, you could connect them in parallel (effective load of 4 ohms) or in series  (effective load of 16 ohms). If your Eden cab is a TN110, it already has an output (link) for another cabinet. The Fender cabinet may also have a parallel output (depending on the model). All you need to do is run a cable between the two cabinets.

• December 22, 2019
  • Koolcheez
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-21

Hi All!  So I have a preset saved that I love on my ND-1 and I want to replicate it's settings on another preset number.  Has anyone figured out a way to see the precise settings without turning knobs which change the parameters value?  Or, can Preset #1 be copied and pasted onto Preset #2 for example?  Thanks!!

read more...
    0 43
  • Slein
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-19

Hi - Is it possible to use the quintessence in a stereo setup with two amps where the octave is wet/wet instead of wet/dry?

0 94
    • Slein
      TC-James

Hi there!

By default, the pedal will behave in this way, yes. Simply put, if you've selected to "voices" on the pedal, and it is hooked up in stereo, then one voice will automatically come out of one output, the other out of the other and they dry signal is mixed in the "middle."

If you set the Mix to completely wet, then you won't hear the dry, just the octave.

I hope this makes sense!

• December 19, 2019
  • Milesdavis91
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-16

Hello. I own a TC Electronic Ditto Looper and an Alesis SR 16 Drum Machine. I would like to get them synched together but am not sure how to go about it. Would it work if I bought a Midi to 1/4 instrument cable and connected the drum machine to the looper? (essentially using the Midi Out on the drum machine to the input jack on the looper). Any suggestions are appreciated! 

read more...
    0 202
    • Milesdavis91
      TC-Samuel

Hi @Milesdavis91 

Only the Ditto X4 supports midi sync. Is this the Ditto you own?

Cheers,
      Samuel

• December 18, 2019
    • Milesdavis91
      Milesdavis91

Hi Samuel,

No, I have the basic Ditto Looper, but based on your comment and a little more research it looks like I need the X4 so the looper will synch with the drum machine's MIDI clock. Thank you! 

• December 18, 2019
Go to page