Statistics

249,981 members
127,078 posts
  • Daveswing
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-28

Hello, can anybody write which TC Electronic guitar effects should I buy to recreate that guitar sound:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPzXRs56sU8

Best regards Rafal.

read more...
    0 197
    • Daveswing
      TC-Kristian

Hello @Daveswing 

From what I can tell, all you need is some nice and saturated distortion (Dark Matter Distortion will get you there + possibly boosted with an overdrive like MojoMojo) and Helix Phaser for the swirly, Van Halen-esque tone.

Happy tone hunting!

- Kristian.

• December 8, 2019
  • goldsman
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-21

I was wondering if someone could recommend a Toneprint which mimicks a simple delay + octaver effect?   I took a look at the editor and it makes my head spin at first glance...

I'm trying to get something along the lines of what Neil Young does in "Life a Hurricane"

read more...
    0 109
    • goldsman
      TC-Kristian

Hi @goldsman 

You could try out the Crystal TonePrint which is delay with each feedback going through an octaver. This produces a shimmering effect which is cool for soundscaping and the more ethereal stuff.

But for Neil Young's tone on Like a hurricane I'd probably go for just a bit of slap back delay on either Tape or Analog and then play an octave interval with my hands. I think there's some reverb on there too. That might be it. 

Hope you're liking the Flashback 2! 

Rock on, 

Kristian

• December 8, 2019
  • TC-Mike
    Triber Moderator
    2019-05-21

Hi all, 

after a lot of user feedback there are now brand and product specific "Sub forums" available that brings back some of the structure of the old TC user forum to make it easier to find content and the right place for posting your questions, experiences and everything else around and about Tc products.

Best regards from the Tc tribers,

Mike

read more...
    3 705
    • TC-Mike
      MarcPautz

Great!!

• May 22, 2019
    • TC-Mike
      Vasco_Romijn

And when will this be done for Behringer, Midas (and all others). Special for M/X32 users it is still a big mess. Can't still find anything anymore and this is my first comeback visit since months because of this mess. A lot of old forum users are already gone and proberly never return. This was really a bad and stupid way to go while the real old forum concept works.

• June 13, 2019
    • TC-Mike
      TC-Mike

Hi Vasco,

i don't know, but am more than happy to pass your feedback on. 

We know that there is still a lot of work to do, but the design team is very responsive to feedback and the implementation of the brand tribes are a step into the right direction making it easier to figure out where to post.

If you have any other suggestion on how to make the community more user friendly, please let us know. you can also messege me in private and i make sure all feedback is documented and passed on to the right persons.

Best regards,

Mike

• June 13, 2019
    • TC-Mike
      TC-Mike

Hi Vasco,

brand tribes for Midas and behringer are avaiable now: 

https://community.musictribe.com/t5/Midas/ct-p/MI

https://community.musictribe.com/t5/Behringer/ct-p/BE

best,  Mike

• June 16, 2019
    • TC-Mike
      eggy

praise the maker! (i.e. thank god)

• June 26, 2019
  • notbasho
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-12-01

I've been scouring the internet trying to figure out how the custom subdivision setting works in my Flashback 2x4, but I can't find anything. I'm assuming it works using either the Toneprint Editor or the tap-tempo button, but I have no idea. Anyone know?

read more...
    0 198
    • notbasho
      TC-Samuel

Hi @notbasho 
      The custom setting on the subdivision dial correponds to the subdiversion set for the toneprint in the toneprint app. It does not have anything to do with the tempo set by the delay knob or tap tempo. Every toneprint has a specific subdivision built in, but can be used with any subdivision. For example, a dual delay might have eights and dotted eights when you set the subdivision knob to custom, but can be used with fourths. With the X4 you have access to all subdivisions without opening up the toneprint app.

Cheers,
      Sam

• December 5, 2019
  • Lbiedrycki
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-01

Hey Tribe 

i elrecently acquired a Soldano slo 100 which is my first amp without its own reverb. Anyway I bought the HOF 2 and love the effect but when I disengage the overdrive I get this ghost swell from the amp ... only happens when I turn off the overdrive channel on the amp with the footswitch and is really annoying.

I am running the hof2 in the effects loop and have tried the secret switches under the backplate ... any solution s out there ... rather not return the pedal but I think it has something to do with the “dynamic” switch

read more...
    0 118
    • Lbiedrycki
      TC-Samuel

Hi @Lbiedrycki 
      I don't really understand. If you turn off the buffer in the pedal with the dipswitch you mentioned, there should be no spillover of the reverb tail when you turn the HOF off. If you can make a short video of it I might be able to help. The best thing to do though, would be to create a support ticket. The guys in support know much more about this than me.
      Cheers,
      Sam

• December 5, 2019
  • sj1
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-03

Hi All,

Using my Ditto X4, in Serial Mode, locked to incoming MIDI clock, suppose I have two loops recorded, one of which is currently playing back.

Is it possible to arrange to seamlessly replace one of the loops with a brand new recording while the other continues to play?

I have tried alot of different tap dances and have not been able to make it happen, and I am beginning to think it is not possible.

Can the community advise me here? Thanks!

read more...
    0 117
  • DCM8004
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-02

Good evening, 

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me find the Value and Type of potentimeter that is used for the control knob on the Hall Of Fame Mini reverb pedal, i am looking to incorporate it into another piece and would like to replace the potentiometer with one that is located remotely if possible.

read more...
    0 89
  • TopherConner
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-04

I just got the Hall of Fame 2 in the mail. I plugged it in, the red light comes on but no sound comes through. I turn the pedal off, I can hear my guitar. Turn the pedal back on, the light shows the pedal in on, but I have no sound. Any ideas??

read more...
    0 151
    • TopherConner
      macfilipe

Which setting do you have it on? IIRC, toneprint slot 3 comes preloaded with a toneprint that cuts off your sound until you use the MASH switch. Is it also cutting off on the named presets, such as the Hall / Plate / etc?

• December 4, 2019
    • TopherConner
      TC-Samuel

Hi TopherConner,

Have you gotten it to work?

Can you check which preset you are on?

As Macfilipe said TP slot 3 turns the pedal into a faux volume pedal. So you can only hear your guitar when the MASH switch is engaged.

• December 5, 2019
  • somebody
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-02

Since two weeks I own a Flashback 2 X4. I really like the pedal but there is room for improvement.

One thing is that you have no visual feedback about the selected bank if no preset is active. The tap tempo LED could be used for this. It flashes always red. You could change it to green, if bank 2 is selected. You there would be a visual feedback, even if no preset is active.

Maybe you can include this in the next firmware update.

Best Regards

read more...
    0 136
    • somebody
      TC-Lars

Hey Somebody! 

Thank You for your input. I'll pass it along. 
      It's a good idea to give some form of visual input even when the product only has 2 banks. 

Hope you get loads of great sounds out of your Flashback! 
      Have a great day!
      /Lars

• December 2, 2019
  • notbasho
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-12-01

I've been futzing around with the toneprint app, and it's super cool to be able to dial in exactly what you want...but I'm having trouble figuring out what each parameter actually stands for in the app. Is there some sort of manual or legend that can decode this? Or, does someone have any idea what they mean? I've been using the program for my Flashback 2x4 and Hall of Fame 2x4.

Thanks for your time.

read more...
    0 182
Go to page