Statistics

240,858 members
117,077 posts
  • markmcilvena
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-10-07

Hi All. After much online research, I am looking to possibly purchase the Ditto X4 Looper. However I have a couple of questions I can't find answers to despite looking everywhere. Hoping a seasoned user can chime in cheers.

1. Do these pedals have a 'smart' quantise? I've read they quantise with a midi clock device, but I'm no midi clocker. Just my foot and my hands going on here. So do these pedals auto 'line up' loops if your timing is slightly off? I know the Voicelive 3 and 3 Extreme do via a 'smart' quantize.

2. Ideally I would like three inputs. Vocals and guitar (will be coming from TCH 'Play Acoustic' Pedal - my fave for a cuppla years now) plus an analogue 'stomp box' kick pedal which I would like to loop to save a tired foot on a three hour gig. Can this work?

So could this pedal work for me or do I need to go to the Voicelive 3 / 3 Extreme? (I'd rather not as I really like the simplicity of my trusty ol' Play Acoustic pedal - Just finding the on board looper a little underdone these days) Thanking you in advance for any tips and suggestions - Cheers, Mark. 

read more...
    0 434
    • markmcilvena
      TC-Mike

The Ditto X4 can sync the loop length of Loop 2 to loop 1. This presets the loop length of Lp2 to match 1, but it is no audio quantise or time stretching. furthermore there are different recording moded including a queded recording mode where when foot switch is pressed to record, it will auto start at next loop wrap-around on the first beat of the new bar.

ditto x4 modes.PNG

ditto x4 modes queued.PNG

If you are working with 3 different instruments, you could get a switcher that toggles between the different sources. Please note you will need a Mic pre-amp for your microphone as the Ditto X4 hasn't got one build in like the TC helicon Voice live. If you work with basic drums a product llike the beat buddy might be worth a look, so you can free up the Kick drum Loop channel , and you can also sync it to the Ditto X4 via Midi.(Ditto X4 loop lengths will be quantised to the tempo received by the Beat Buddy's Midi clock.

• October 7, 2019
    • markmcilvena
      markmcilvena

Hey Mike,

Thanks again for the info re my original question.... but thinking through it, I'm after a little more info if you don't mind.

My set up would be as follows: (the following 'bits' I already own - just finding the standard TCH 'Play Acoustic' looper a little underdone these days, hence checking out the Ditto X4 option to integrate into my existing set up)

Live Guitar / Vocals into TCH 'Play Acoustic'  ->  Seperate channel mono 'outs' via XLR to 1/4" cables  ->  Seperate vox/guitar mono 'ins' on Ditto X4  ->  Seperate mono 'outs' to seperate channel 'ins' on JBL Eon One PA speaker system.

It's ultimately for live gigs which I'm playing at the moment, but my songs are becoming a little too complex for the Play Acoustic basic looper. Could this / Would this work? Cheers and many thanks in advance - Mark M

• October 15, 2019
    • markmcilvena
      TC-Mike

Hi Mark,

what features are you missing on your Play acoustic Looper/ what would you like to do that the play acoustic can't?   

I'm not too familiar with the Tc Helicon range of Vocal processors and looking oin the manual i can spot it is actually very powerful and offers  a lot of features the Ditto doesn't have like customisation of buttons ´,, different modes etc.., so wether an Ditto X4 will enrich your setup and fits your workflow depends on what you want to do with it..... . First of all, are you planning to keep the Play acoustic as a Mic pre and Vocal processor as in your setup description right ? (otherwise you would need a new Mic pre)

to get a better idea of your needs, please provide some more info:

- do you run out of loop memory with your Play acoustic? 
      - do you need/uses many Loop playback FX
      - do you work with imported backing tracks and record loops on top? 
      -can you get by with 2 Loop tracks versus the need to have Loop memory to store and recall imported backing backing tracks (eg stems of your songs)

What is your typical Workflow when doing Live looping gigs?  

The setup splitting your 2 sources to left and right input and the respective outs to 2 channels of your PA system will work if you can pan the inputs of the EON PA system/Mixer to the middle (otherwise you will have the two signals panned out to left and right speaker obvioulsy, which might not be what you want.

Mike

• October 16, 2019
  • Isroko
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-14

Hello, i´m a usser of Polytune Classic and yesterday i tried to make an upload (drop D upload) but when I had to connect my polytune to my Pc the first time, the Pc recognize de the device perfectly, but the software doesn´t start, so i disconnect the device. The second time that i connect the device my PC dont recognize de device (say error 43) the display is off and until the pc recognizes me the device I can't update it and get the display on.

Please Help.

read more...
    0 141
  • 4RandyTC
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-12

Just got a new in box BQ500, and the cooling fan doesn't come on. Is there a thermal relay switch or something like that that turns the fan on when it gets hot enough? All other Bass amps I've had, the fan stays on all the time. This one does not come on at all. Please explain??

read more...
    0 93
  • fran_stereo
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-06

Hello, I have a G System and several Dist / Over pedals that I want to connect through the Loops but the G System does not feed them, I even cut the signal if I activate the pedal loop without feeding them, now if I use a source external to feed the pedals can I use them without problems, any suggestion that it can be?

read more...
    0 132
  • Bass_BG250
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-29

Hi, newbie here! I’ve got a beautiful BG250-115 amp with two TonePrint slots, and want to load in a really good distortion and a really good chorus effect for my bass. I know this is highly subjective, but is there a ratings list or crowdsourced view of the “best” or most liked toneprints? My problem is there are so many - whilst it would be fun to spend the time to try them all, it would be great to have some community guidance on where to start! Is there a list, or can you fellow bass players out there tell me which is your favourite for distortion and chorus? We play typical party/pub covers in Australia from all eras, but mostly upbeat poppy/rock anthem stuff that gets people dancing and singing. Thanks in advance!

read more...
    0 112
    • Bass_BG250
      TC-Mike

Hi currently,

you can only rate your own toneprints as favourites to make it easier to have all your favourite toneprints in one place accross products.

There is no rating feature at present, but once there is a TP community where users can share their toneprints, we will consider such a feature.

Best regards,

Mike

• September 29, 2019
  • pedrolpd
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-06
    0 108
  • Rufus1969
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-16

I bought one and I think its faulty. Playing thru the effects loop and it distorts when I strum. That can't be right can it? Anyone got any ideas? 

0 248
    • Rufus1969
      macfilipe

Sounds like your FX loop might be too hot for the Afterglow.

Try plugging your guitar directly into the Afterglow, going straight to the front end of the amp, on a clean sound. If it stays clean even with hard strumming, it's the FX loop.

Check if your FX loop has a level setting (something like -10dBV / +4dBU), and if it does, use the lower one.

Hope this helps.

• September 16, 2019
    • Rufus1969
      Rufus1969

So back it went. Money back but I am somewhat disappointed. The fella in the shop said these cheaper pedals can do that, ie distort. Well it's not fit for purpose is it then!

• September 16, 2019
  • Dcatherwood
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-11

Question for the group - does daisy chaining the RS series of cabinets (e.g. RS210, RS212, etc.) benefit from a 3-conductor cable vs 2-conductor to power the tweets? The GK RB1001 I have does, since it’s bi-amped. Driving the cabinets now with an RH750.

read more...
    0 112
  • jamesmark
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-19

Trying to download the latest version 4.1.10 toneprint but it keeps making network error. any mirror link? 

0 112
    • jamesmark
      KenMitchell

Hi James ( @jamesmark), 

Welcome to the community.  I didn't have any problem when I tried just now.  I'm not sure where MT hosts their back-end servers but they seem to go down for maintenance at various times but come back within a few minutes. 

Ken

• September 19, 2019
  • vhollund
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-20

I'm going through the new great features of Flashback 2 and the TP editor

However I can't seem to activate the octaver soundwise
    It's enabled in the settings, Wet level 0db and Router 0db Octaver to Effect but nothing happens

Are others having this issue or if not, what might I be doing wrong ?

read more...
    1 319
    • vhollund
      macfilipe

Hi,

You need to start with a template that already has the octaver turned on by default, such as the Crys or Dark Crystal.

Hope this helps!

• September 22, 2019
    • vhollund
      TC-Mike

Filipe is right, just select a Chrystal style Template that has the octaver enabled. 

In future versions we will fix this at one point, but since routing the octaver block into the feedback path of the delay needs several different parameters that are not accessible in the editor (as they would clutter up UI) you have to edit the existing one to customise your own Crystal delays for the time being.

Cheers,

Mike

• September 22, 2019
Go to page