Statistics

249,974 members
127,069 posts
  • RL
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-23

Hello - when I connect the spectracomp to the tone print editor, I see no correlation between the position of the knob and the reading I get. Meaning - when the knob is all the way left the reading is about 20%. When the knob is at Mid, the reading is about 100%, when the knob is all the way to the right, the reading is about 40% etc. Its realy all over the place so I can't get accurate setting with the knob. This of course also reflects in the sounds I get when the pedal is not connected to the tone print but just to my guitar and amp.

Is this a defect or is it possible to do some kind of "reset" for the pedal?

I updated the latest firmware - 706.

read more...
    0 184
    • RL
      TC-Lars

Hi RL.

Please remember that the SpectraComp is a fairly advanced 3 band compressor that only has 1 knob.
      So this knob can control up to three parameters and I don't know which parameter you're looking at (or for which TonePrint) when you say that it's "not compatible".

Please go to the "Mapping" tab in the TonePrint App to see which parameters are mapped to the Compression knob on the pedal. Here you can see how the (up to) three parameters act depending on where the knob is on the range. The marker (highlighted in Yellow on the screenshot I've added) should move across the screen when you turn the knob. And it should follow the "Knob Range" from left to right when you turn the knob.

Does you pedal act like it should, then everything is OK.

Kind Regards,
      Lars

SpectraComp_knob_range_mapping.JPG
      • November 24, 2019
    • RL
      RL

Hi Lars - Thanks for your response.

I have added a video to illustrate the problem.

(view in My Videos)

• November 24, 2019
    • RL
      TC-Lars

Hi.

Yeah, I can see what you mean. 
      Thanks for the video, this clearly shows that you have a problem..

This looks more like a hardware-related issue than a software issue, in my opinion. I could be wrong of course, but this does not look like a software issue. 
      How long have you had this pedal and has it always behaved like this?

I have seen similar behaviour in potentiometers that have somehow gotten "past" their stop-point in analog electronics.

I think you need to have you pedal exchanged or repaired. I can't say for sure, but it looks like the potentiometer is broken.

You will have to contact the support (and I do apologize that they are currently working on a new system to handle tickets, so please have patience).

/Lars 

• November 24, 2019
  • TBoneSlort
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-11-15

Is there no TonePrint Editor for Quintessence? I'm seeing a library but no editor.

Niether my iphone nor my MacBookPro are showing an editor unlike my other TC Electronic pedals.

What am I missing?

Thanks

read more...
    0 178
  • Wouter
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-19

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with my tc-electronics Sub n' Up. The pedal works great, but I can't beam toneprint stuff to my pedal. I have tried all the pickups on my strat, turned my phone up loud, and I do get some flashing from the pedal. But the effect signal does not change. My phone is a Pocophone F1. Hope someone can help! thanks in advance.

read more...
    0 172
    • Wouter
      macfilipe

Hi,

When beaming, do you get the green confirmation flashes at the end of the process?

If you don't get the confirmation flashes, what's your signal chain from guitar to the pedal? Do you have any other active pedals / preamp between the guitar and the Sub n'Up?

If you do get the confirmation flashes, have you set the little toggle switch on the Sub n'Up to the middle position?

These bits of info might help us find out what's going on...

• November 19, 2019
    • Wouter
      Wouter

Hi,

Well now that I think about it the flashes might be red? Going to check tonight because I'm not sure. But I'm sure that I do get flashes. My signal is great (isolated power and good cables). It doesn't matter if I use the sub'n 'up solo or in a chain on my pedalboard, the beaming feature does not work either way. I do indeed have it switched in the middle position. I've read that it might have to do with the speakers of certain phones? That the speakers must be magnetic or something? i wouldn't know if this is the case for me, but im gonna test it with a friends phone soon. Logic would say that red means wrong (red flashes), which would mean that the signal the pedal is recieving isn't sufficient. So it probably is going to be my phone that is the problem, knowing that it can't be my guitar and/or signal. We shall see. Thanks for your response!

• November 19, 2019
    • Wouter
      TC-Mike

hi Wouter, you can also use an audio cable (mini jack to 6,3 mm jack) to beam the toneprints to your pedal and transfer toneprints via USB instead, it it turns out to be the phone speaker.

• November 19, 2019
  • javi_bassist
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-17

Hello,

I've just bought three days ago a TC Electronic Polytune 3 Noir mini and the screen has broken. Do you know how could I replace it?

Polytune 3_.jpg

read more...
    0 279
    • javi_bassist
      TC-Lars

Hi Javi.

Are you sure that it's broken?
      Try to remove the protective plastic film and see what it looks like.

To me it looks like the protective film simply has a few scratches. 
      Or do you mean that the diodes are not lighting up?

Kind Regards,
      Lars

• November 19, 2019
  • JNPMusic
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-16

So I'm inside the TonePrint Editor and creating my own TonePrint. I noticed that you can adjust the two different delay settings, say you set delay one at 250 and delay two at 500 it actually works nice even though I'm running it in mono. You can hear the two delays seperately, but when I save it to the pedal it's gone. Is this doable or do I have to really be running the pedal in stereo for the full effect even though it works while in the editor mode before saving.....?

Thanks,

John

read more...
    0 119
    • JNPMusic
      macfilipe

You also need to adjust the response curves of the delay knob in the knob mapping section of the TP Editor for the ratio that you want between the delay, so that the knob / pedal will keep track of your settings. You can double click the values on the knobs at the bottom to type in precise values. Hope this helps!FB2KnobMapping.PNG

• November 17, 2019
  • strat110
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-02

Hello,

What has happened to all the artist toneprints for the flashback v1 on the apple app?  They've gone with just the stock TC ones remaining.

I see they are all there for V2 but I don't own that, can us V1 owners get our artist tonepints back please?

Thanks

Andy

read more...
    0 140
    • strat110
      TC-Mike

Hi Andy,

thanks for the note.

due to some server issues many toneprints were gone from the ap over the last weekend . it has been fixed and all toneprint content for all pedals is back again. 

Just restart the app wit Wifi enabled, so it can update to latest content package.

Best regards,

Mike

• July 3, 2019
  • Nog
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-17

Hi, I am posting to help others with looping in serial mode. Info which I think is missing in the user manual. Serial mode is likely to be used for recording a verse in one loop and a chorus in the second loop. The process I initially used for doing this was:-1. Press loop 1 button - Record verse loop in loop 1 slot. Press loop 1 button again. Loop 1 will automatically play. 2. Press loop 2 button (arms loop 2 record). At the end of loop 1 cycle record chorus into loop 2. At the end of recording chorus press loop 2 button to end recording. Chorus would then automatically play. In a live situation you would be then playing the chorus twice in a row (not usually good). Instead of pressing the loop 2 button to end the chorus recording, press the loop 1 button. This will take you straight into the verse, which is much more useful in a live situation. Hope this helps.

read more...
    1 141
  • RW_Bass
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-06

Hi all,

I have a sub n up mini. But what I now realise is that rather than having an octave above or below what I am looking for is the same note being played. I know the Brainwave pedal has the unison feature but that is too much level for what I need. Does the editing software allow to put the unison note in there?

Thanks in advance Richard

read more...
    0 175
    • RW_Bass
      TC-Mike

Hi Richard,

the Sub'n Up and mini versions are classic octavers and can only do fixed octave transposition, so it is not possible to do unisono/ ADT (automated double tracking)  sounds.

Both our Brainwaves Pitch shifter  and Quintessence Harmoniser can do unisono sounds with up to 2 extra voices that can be individually detuned (up or down). Brainwaves has a dedicated Detune mode in which Voice 1 and Voice 2 intervals don't work in semitones/octaves, but detune the signal up to 50 cents up/or down.
      Our Mimic pedal steps int the same area, but i like the brainwaves better for this. Mimic adds also random timing variations and not just detunes the signal, which is more subtle.

brainwaves detune.PNG

We have a great Dual detune toneprint template available where the basic amount of detuning can be set via the 2 voice pots , but via MASH switch you can dynamically change the detune amount, which i really like and has become my standard application. This works also great with other instruments like synthesizers and keys.

double detune.PNG

With best regards from the TC tribers,

Mike

• November 6, 2019
    • RW_Bass
      RW_Bass

Hi,

Thnaks for that.

It is funny but I want a really simple pedal... 2 knobs Dry and Unison or the the same note, created in the same way an octaver does but in the same pitch. 

The Brainwave is too much pedal in a box and I dont need that fuctionality, and the mimic is very close delay so a copy of your sound.

What I don't understand is why no manudaturer does Dry, 1 down Octave synthed, Unison Synthed, 1 up Octave synth. Simple. Cant be that difficult

Cheers!

• November 6, 2019
    • RW_Bass
      TC-Mike

Octavers like the sub'n up and classic ones are designed to shift the signals in octaves and use a different processing algorithm compared to a pitch shifter that is not suited for microshifting. classic octaver achieve
      the transposed octaves by using flip flops to create a square wave of the input signal at 1/2 or 1/4 of input frequency and due to nature of square wave have a buzzy, synth like tone. A unison sound / micro detuning would just not sound very natural with a classic octaver. So, if you look for a product that does Detuning/microshifting + can work as an octaver, a "real" pitch shifter is much better suited for the task.

Best regards,

Mike

• November 7, 2019
    • RW_Bass
      RW_Bass

Hi!

Thant answers the question, but rather creates a problem on my board

Thanks!

Richard

• November 7, 2019
    • RW_Bass
      TC-Mike

Hi Richard,

you should see it as a challenge instead. and one that can be solved

The Brainwaves with it's two voices can give you both an nice sounding octaver(up to 2 octaves up or down) + a detune effect in classic Pitch shift mode.Voice 2 needs to be set to "custom" , so that you can do microshifting below one semitone for unison sound. When bypassing the FX, you will always toggle both Octaver  (voice 1) and unison (voice 2) , but if you eg don't want either octaver or unison to be active at the same time, you can also use the MASH switch (pressure sensor in footswitch) to control FX level of octaver or unison FX dynamically (eg unison or octaver are only active as long as you hold down the footswitch + can also alter detuning amount .(up to 3 parameters, each ith its own parameter curve can be assigned to MASH)

octasonic.PNG

Have a nice weekend and best regards,

Mike

• November 7, 2019
  • jsmalbro
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-13

Hi!

Can I download an earlier version of the Toneprint Editor anywhere? 

My MacBook Pro is too old o run the current version. I have two specific sounds that I would like my Quintessence to make, and I haven't been able to find them anywhere.

Best regards

Jesper

read more...
    0 109
    • jsmalbro
      TC-Mike

hi, there are no older vesions of the editor available and Quintessence needs at least version 4.xx to run as earlier versions had no support for the pedal. 

You can also use Android, iOS version or PC version of the editor as a workaround....

Best regards,

Mike

• November 13, 2019
  • nickpierro
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-06

Hey TC...  are there any plans to release a firmware update that will allow assigning one of the stereo inputs of accept 1/4" external tap tempo, a la the single-size Flashback 2?   

0 441
    • nickpierro
      TC-Mike

Hi Nicholas,

no, this won't happen as the Flashback 2 X4 has a dedicated Tap tempo switch that you can access at any time without loosing true stereo operation. Via Toneprint you can set wether Tap tempo should work globally for all settings including presets.

Furthermore, tap tempo can also be remote controlled via Midi CC data.

P.s. our Flashback 2 pedal just got a firmware update, where you can use the built in footswitch to tap tempo if MASH is disabled in the editor, so you also can get true stereo delay with tap tempo without sacrificing the stereo input for tap pedal.

Best regards from the TC tribers,

Mike

• November 6, 2019
Go to page