Statistics

227,667 members
102,437 posts
  • New
    calumduncan
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-05

Hi there,

I've been using a Ditto X4 extensively live and in the studio for 4 or 5 years now, but unfortunately over the last couple of years I've been struggling with digital noise being added to loops that can't be removed. I tried updating the firmware last year, as well as doing a factory reset, but unfortunately it didn't fix the problem.

It's now got to the point where I need to replace the unit as the noise really interferes with my practise. Ultimately, I would love to buy another X4 as I love the functionality of the pedal and I find it a really creative tool. However, having encountered such a wealth of similar issues with other users online, it's hard not to be nervous about getting another one.

I was wondering if these problems are something that you guys have managed to fix in recent times with firmware updates or if these bugs are still a common occurence? 

As I say, I love this pedal and would really like to continue using it.

Many thanks,

Calum

read more...
    0 2
  • New
    pierreayel
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-02

Hi all,

i just purchased a Plethora for my bass, I tried it in a drop D tuning and it seems the tuner on the plethora does not recognise the D# on the E string (starts working on the E note).

is it normal or is there a setting to change ?

read more...
    0 5
    • pierreayel
      Dale_M The tuner in Plethora is optimized for efficient DSP use and guitars + doesn't cover full piano range like PolyTune, so this is expected behavior. As a workaround you can tune your lowest bass string 1 octave up the fretboard
      • Tue at 11:33 PM
  • New
    Weka
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-30

I have a Plethora X5 an saw in the Manual of the Brainwaves Pitch Shift (also available in the Plethora) that it is possible to use it as a drop down tuner. I was about to buy a seperate stom box for this but maybe I have it already in my Plethora. I have been trying to create a new Tone Print for this but since I am not to familier with all possible setting and more so knowing what is what, and sadly enough TC doesn't share a lot of knowledge or manuals on this I a=am lost. I expected that there would already be a standard TC Toneprint in the Tonerint bank but cannot find one.

Questions; does anybody know what settings are needed? Or even better of there is already a Toneprint available in the Plethora? 

read more...
    0 8
  • New
    deltron0
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-01

Hey!

I really enjoy the "Tape" built in setting on my Flashback II. The Mash control is crazy!

Is it possible to download the same setting on my flashback II mini? I found a setting called "TC electronic Tape" on the editor, but the mash function is totally different!

I don't understand very well how the mash settings are working on the editor. Could you please help me?

Thanks

read more...
    0 6
  • New
    HIS8185
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-01

How can i verify a production date for the G system?

0 10
    • HIS8185
      PedroRodrigues Hi HIS8185 please consider that you will not be able to check the production date for the G system, you will be able to check the serial number for your unit via Vyzor software that will give you a general information regarding the production date
      • Mon at 12:30 AM
  • New
    jaslan
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-05-01

Hi,

I am not sure where to post requests for pedals to be added to the Plethora X5.

I would really like the Spark booster in there.  I realize it is not a Toneprint pedal and maybe not even a digital pedal but it is a great booster and would make a great addition to the plethora.

read more...
    0 4
  • New
    harveyzone
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-01

Hi there,

I have recently bought a used Viscous Vibe - a really nice pedal in great condition - but I cannot get the Toneprint beam to work.

• Pedal works fine for general use.
    • Toneprint transfer over USB from laptop works fine.
    • Toneprint beam fails every time.

Acually, I have managed to get it to work just once correctly but most of the time the light stays red on the pedal. Sometimes it flashes green once or twice, but returns to red before the beam has finished.

I have tried two different guitars, humbcker and sigle coil pickups, neck and bridge pickups, two different cables, both input jack sockets, directly conected with no other pedlas in the chain, and have updated to latest version of the app, but it rarely even registers that the transfer is being attampted, let alone completes correctly.

What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks,
    Tom.

read more...
    0 3
    • harveyzone
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi harveyzone, please see below for a few troubleshooting tips you can try:

If using a guitar with active or hot passive pickups this can sometimes introduce a slight bit of distortion to the beamed signal, which can cause the beaming process to fail. The way to get around this is by turning the Tone knob on the guitar all the way down (so that the treble is completely rolled off).

Please also set your phone volume to between 60 - 80% - any louder or quieter can sometimes cause the tone to distort and cause issues.

If using an iPhone 7 or above to beam the Toneprint the placement of the phone will make a huge difference, the following video will explain this further in detail - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wRFrV5l54U

If none of the above resolve the issue i would recommend submitting a technical support case so we may gather some additional information, this can be done by going to support at the top of the page, scrolling to the Technical support tab, and filling in the form.
      • May 1
    • harveyzone
      harveyzone

Thanks Chris,

I don't have active pickups so that is not the issue.

I am using an Android phone - Huawei P20 pro - which seems to send the signal to two speakers - top and bottom. I have tried rotating the phone both individually, and even turning the phone sideways and to balance the signal between them. It worked successfully from the top speaker, but both ends have at times caused the light to briefly turn green, but not complete successfully, so I suspect that it is a mono signal sent equally to both speakers.

I have not changed the tone from my normal playing position, and all attempts have been at 100% volume so I will try dialling that back a bit, and playing with tone settings.

Do any of the settings on the pedal make any difference? I assume the switch needs to be in the 'toneprint' position, but do any of the pots or input jacks make any difference?

Many thanks,
      Tom

• May 2
    • harveyzone
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi harveyzone, thank you for the follow-up

Yes, that would be correct. The toggle switch should be in the Toneprint position when beaming/using Toneprints, however, the settings on the knobs themselves will have no effect on how the Toneprint beams. This does vary from pedal to pedal and in the likes of the Flashback 2 you will need the Delay knob turned to a custom Toneprint slot.

Please let me know how you get on with adjusting the volume and tone controls.
      • May 2
    • harveyzone
      harveyzone

Hi Chris,

Yes, a massive improvement... I cannot seem to get it to work 100%, but by playing with the tone and volume controls I think I have found the best spot, around the middle of the tone dial, and 80-90% full volume. This way I can get it to work at least 50% of the time (usually fails first try but works on the second attempt). Strangely, it also seems to work best when using the top speaker on my phone (i.e. when held upside down). I will experiment some more, but it now seems reliable enough that I can switch around settings from my phone fairly quickly without hooking up a laptop.

Many thanks for you suggestions,
      Tom

• Mon at 10:05 AM
  • New
    Bliggick
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-02

When I read the manual that was included with my new TU300 Chromatic Tuner it seemed to be missing page 2 which would have included the "Operations" chapter that would explain how the Mode and Stream/Cent buttons work. So when I looked on the official Behringer web site the .pdf file for the manual has the same missing content. After searching with Google I finally found a complete manual that looked different graphically like it was the old TU100 manual ported over but I finally learned how to use those buttons properly. Come on, Behringer, get it together. 

read more...
    0 3
    • Bliggick
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi Bliggick, we are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused but thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will look into this further and have the manual ammended.
      • May 1
  • New
    Tgoodbass
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-28

I have a tc electronic ditto looper x2 that is acting up 

it has a bad hum when activated 

0 6
    • Tgoodbass
      Tgoodbass Need a repair ticket
      • Apr 27
    • Tgoodbass
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi Tgoodbass, if you have not yet done so please submit a technical support ticket. This can be done by going to support at the top of the page and scrolling down to the technical support tab, once the form is filled out your ticket will be submitted.
      • Apr 27
  • New
    adamfeldt
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-27

Just finished my minimal pedalboard loaded with the bare essentials I need for my guitar sound. The Ditto+ looper and the PolyTune 3 mini both made the cut, but pedal-board space was limited so I had to place them both horizontally in stead of vertically. This made me think that I was surely not alone in being inconvenienced by this problem. Placing the pedals that way means that the viewing angle is not optimal when reading the on-pedal displays. So my request for a future firmware update for these two pedals is to make it possible (through some button combination) to flip the screen in 90 degree increments in order to accommodate for horizontal placement of the pedals on the board.

read more...
    1 13
Go to page