Statistics

223,676 members
97,891 posts
  • New
    Sebastian95515
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-18

As the title suggests, my RD-8 suddenly, while playing on it, turned off and I have not yet been able to power it on again. Only the signal light flashes shortly, but nothing else happens.

Also tried connecting it over USB, but the RD-8 isn't recognized. 

I was running OS 2.0.6 as far as I remember.

Anyone had the same issues/any advice?

read more...
    1 13
    • Sebastian95515
      dafraludom I have the same issue - lodged a Care Ticket.
      • Mar 20
    • Sebastian95515
      dafraludom Sorry, but unit still dead and no joy from care ticket response - looks like I have a door stop.
      • Mar 29
  • New
    NealS_Munson
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-03-22

RD-8 has been off with power unplugged for a couple of weeks and now, when I turned it back on, I have no audio coming out of my desktop via usb. I can select an instrument and tap the "TRIGGER" button and hear an output into the headphones, but still cannot hear anything through the computer.

I've rebooted my computer and done a factory reset on the RD-8.... Still nothing.....

I tried the bass drum out to my interface as well as the Mono out and nothing.....

I do get a notification sound from my computer when I disconect the USB cable and also when I turn the RD-8 on and off.

Other than that I get nothing?????

Please help!

Neal

read more...
    0 22
    • NealS_Munson
      JoeRivers96 Hi Neal, Are you using the original power supply? Sometimes this affects the audio output if a third party power supply is used. Please also try a factory reset:

Press the Settings button.
      Hold Tap/Hold and press step key 16. The display will read Wait.
      When the display reads Done, power cycle the RD-8 to complete the procedure.
      • Mar 22
    • NealS_Munson
      graesserph Not exactly sure what you mean with "I have no audio coming out of my desktop via usb". Please take note that the RD-8 does not at all pass any audio through USB. You can send and receive MIDI through USB, but not audio, as the RD-8 is no audio interface...that's what its specification says.
      The the RD-8 has only analog audio outputs, the main mono out jack, the individual mono out jacks, and the headphone out jack. This is it. As far as my understanding goes, the RD-8 will never pass audio through USB.
      • Mar 24
  • New
    RobertoF
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-03

Hi guys, it is possible to change pattern via midi in RD8?

0 17
  • New
    TK0471
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-18

My RD-8, sometimes when pattern play is stopped, it never plays again without power off/power on of the unit.  I will even go to 'steps', and it shows no steps lit for different drum sounds.  They come back after reboot.

Anyone else come across this issue?  I have the 'latest' update that I am aware is available as of 2021-03-17.  Thanks.

read more...
    0 27
    • TK0471
      PedroRodrigues Hi TK0471 can you please confirm that you have follow the process below to create a Step Mode and to save pattern : Select a SONG. 2. Press PATTERN. 3. Select desired pattern number via step keys 1-16. 4. Press STEP. 5. Select desired tempo with Data control. 6. Press RECORD. 7. Select the VOICE you wish to use. 8. Steps can be programmed either with the unit playing (press PLAY) or in the stopped position. The moving white LED is the play head which shows the current play position. The TRIGGER pad can also be used to play and record the currently-selected voice. 9. Select different voices to add into the current pattern. 10. Press stop and record to exit record step mode. How to save a pattern: 1. Once you have created your masterpiece of a pattern press PATTERN. 2. Press SAVE. 3. Press PATTERN again. 4. Select the Step number of the Pattern you wish to save, current pattern will be displayed in white after which SAVE will flash. 5. Press the flashing SAVE button to execute the operation.
      • Mar 24
  • New
    orionbrody
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-11

for context, I am using a mac. I downloaded synthtribe 2.4.7 and tried to update my rd8 per the instructions. my rd8 was plugged into the power and to my mac via USB ( obviously, but I just wanted to add any context I could)

1. I turned on the device

2. I turned off the device

3. I inserted a pin into the hole next to the usb, and as I was holding down the DFU button, I booted the device up. 

after the third step, the device did not come all the way up, i got a small flash of light from the signal light in the wave designer as i pressed power on, but that was it. Furthermore, synthtribe didn't allow me to finish the update, because the device was no longer detected. Now I cannot turn on the device! 

Also, synthtribe no longer detects the device as well ( probably because It won't turn on). 

Has anyone experienced something like this? I tried toggling the dfu switch again during power on/power off, plugging it into different outlets, etc. but nothing is working. Anyone have anything I can try? 

read more...
    0 21
    • orionbrody
      JAMIE2 hi - i am windows (well not windows hahaa) , dfu mode is no longer required, has been this way for a long time - it is used to access boot mode. try this: get rd8 FW 1.35- then put rd8 into dfu mode by holding the pin in and powering up rd8. then access the 1.35 booter software and this will then open the rd8 - then once it is operational you update to new FW. this worked for other users. never use dfu again as not required in V2 fw
      • Mar 12
    • orionbrody
      dafraludom I have the same issue with a dead RD-8 and a flicker of LED’s on powerup and FW 1.3.5 app in dfu mode did not work either. The same setup of Mac/Synthribe app/usb cable recognises my MS-1.
      • Mar 20
  • New
    guidop83
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-11

Hi, i've just purchased a Behringer RD8, connected it via USB to DAW Ableton and clock sync works great. (DAW is master clock)

My question is, i have USB master clock coming from my DAW into my RD8 and i would like to connect another synth from the MIDI OUT 5 pins port of the RD8 to the MIDI IN 5 pins port of this synth, is it possible? How do i do that? I have tried it, but doesn't work (the DAW sends clock to the RD8 via USB and works fine, but the RD8 doesn't send clock via MIDI to the other synth).

What can i do?

Thank you!

G

read more...
    0 12
    • guidop83
      JAMIE2 hi - goto settings, press 2, hit TAP 3 times and it says FWD usb to MIDI - select and then make the 5 pin connnection. :-)
      • Mar 12
  • New
    Nedreud
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-26

Just got my RD-6-BB yesterday and loving it so far. I had an original Roland TR-606 25-years ago and the RD-6 sounds as close as I can remember!

One thing I haven't worked out how to do yet is have a pattern length of 64 steps, which is clearly stated on the box "64 Step Sequencer", in the details blurb and even mentioned in the official Behringer intro video. I don't see any mention of it in the manual though.

So, what's the magic button/mode combo for 64-step patterns?

read more...
    0 22
    • Nedreud
      DavidKnighton Hi Nedreud,
      I regret to inform that the RD-6 is only 16 step. There was a mistake in the packaging design for the first run or so and the product was mislabeled as a 64 step sequencer. Even some retailers advertised based on the product packaging and not the product description from the Behringer website. Please let me know if this is a problem for you.
      • Feb 26
      • 64 Step Patterns on Behringer RD-6?
        Nedreud Thank you for the confirmation, David. No problem, just checking I wasn't missing something obvious. I'd assumed it would be 16-step like the original TR-606 as the interface is so simple and similar. You might like to know that the "NAMM 2020 - Introducing the Behringer RD-6" video (https://youtu.be/39Wbwt34i3Q) which is on the official Behringer product page for the RD-6 states "...64 step sequencer..." at 1:40. And although not your responsibility, I found a few large online retailers, e.g., Gear4Music, still stating 64 steps in their info.
        • Feb 26
      • 64 Step Patterns on Behringer RD-6?
        DavidKnighton Hi Nedreud,
        Yes, I actually came to the same conclusion about a year ago. One user even posted a video and commented about it. I believe they wanted to make it 64 step, but in order to stay true to it's form, they pulled out and only designed with 16 step.
        • Mar 2
  • New
    jakevan22
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-14

I can't get the flam to work on the closed hats since the update. why is this?

0 16
    • jakevan22
      NicJonesMT Hi Jake.
      Could you submit a ticket above and we can go through some trouble shooting with you and raise with the development team if required.

Just hit Support above and scroll down to the "TECHNICAL SUPPORT" Option.
      • Feb 14
  • New
    jcdirckx
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-19

Dear Behringer Team,

on page 11 of the current RD-8 manual it says: "Make sure you store the song with the Auto Scroll on otherwise your song will not playback as programmed."

But there seems to be a bug in firmware 2.0.6 because the AUTO SCROLL setting is not saved and is always off when loading a song. This makes it necessary to always enter PATTERN MODE to manually turn AUTO SCROLL on before playing a song.

My RD-8 is updated to the newest firmware and I have already performed a factory reset. Can anybody confirm this bug or am I doing something wrong?

Also, flam doesn't seem to have an effect on the closed hat.

Thanks for listening!

read more...
    1 31
  • New
    michaelraphael
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-30

Hello. I am trying to connect my RD-6 to Reason. I have a USB Cable to connect to the laptop or Midi Cables via my Presonus 26c Interface not sure which to use. I am a beginner at all this stuff and not very tech savvy as yet. Could anyone help me through the process of getting my Drum Machine to work in Reaon. Thank You.

read more...
    0 23
    • michaelraphael
      PedroRodrigues Hi michaelraphael please consider that if you're doing this via a USB cable then I would expect Reason to pick up the RD-6 as a MIDI device.
      Click edit, then preferences, then go to the control surfaces tab and then under input devices you should see your RD-6 as an option.
      Make sure 'enabled' is ticked meaning that the external MIDI instrument will be able to see it when it's plugged in.

If you're using a standard MIDI cable then pick the Presonus as the MIDI device.

Choose the RD-6/Presonus in the External MIDI instrument (you'll find it in the instruments list in the browser) and if there is MIDI in the sequencer or if you have a sequencing device plugged into the note/gate ports in the back of the external MIDI instrument you should have everything working. I hope the image below also helps
      • Feb 12
Go to page