Statistics

285,590 members
167,574 posts
  • New
    Wannjlw
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-24

I am contemplating using a TC Helicon VoiceLive Play as an effect with a H&A QU32 digital mixer.  Here is what I have in mind reading the manual.  Does this seem right?  My goal is lead vocal (dry) into unit from  the mixer and only harmonies/effects return (wet) to the mixer.  If you can suggest another TC Helicon product that might do better than the VoiceLive Play let me know.

Scenario

Aux in for musical input for harmony generation from mixer (line level) using "Live" setting

Mic Input with vocal to be processed from mixer (can a line level be used instead of a mic level)

Left Out - Dual Mono-a-Mono   Voices Only with "Lead" mute "on" so only the harmonies come through

Right out - nothing, not needed

read more...
    0 4
    • Wannjlw
      PedroRodrigues Hi Wannjlw, thank you for your post, your proposed set up for the VOICELIVE PLAY seems to be configurable, nevertheless please take in to account that the VoiceLive Play Mic Input only accepts Mic Level. In this case you can attempt to use an adaptor that will help you manage the signal discrepancies, but please consider that is not an officially supported solution and we cannot guarantee the results. I hope this helps. Thank you
      • 2 hours ago
  • New
    Clutchalator
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-23

Hey all, was wondering if anyone else had some problems when controlling the Voice Live Rack (or VL3 it happens to both) in Ableton. I'm controlling the Presets via midi on a song by song basis for synced BPM eg. It works well but if we ever mistrigger, turn off the tracks or restart a song it sends a message to turn the Transducer on. I've had a look and I can't figure out why this happens. Was hoping someone could have a fix.

Cheers!

read more...
    0 3
    • Clutchalator
      PedroRodrigues Hi Clutchalator, thank you for your post, can you please provide a print screen of the message that you mentioned? Thank you
      • 3 hours ago
  • New
    Kcsaxondemand
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-22

When will stores start receiving the Harmony Songer 2? Everyone nationwide is out of stock and have been for months.

0 3
    • Kcsaxondemand
      PedroRodrigues Hi Kcsaxondemand, thank you for your post, in these cases I would suggest to contact directly our Partners present on the link below to request any information on this matter, as the Partners manage the Shipping process directly and we do not have any access to our Partners stock management tools to allow us to provide this information. https://www.tc-helicon.com/buy.html Thank you
      • 3 hours ago
  • New
    Xeraphixos
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-21

Hello everybody,

I want to perform hands-on, modifying in real-time the effects of VLX3. Is it possible to control the device externally via Midi knobs, especially with Arturia Beatstep or iOS TouchDesign ( CC/SysEx )? 

Please help me with suggestions. Thank you.

read more...
    0 3
    • Xeraphixos
      PedroRodrigues Hi Xeraphixos, thank you for your post, please ponder that this is a not official configuration process, due to the use of External tools but I can recommend you attempt the following implementation that we have confirmed with other customer that works.
      The below works successfully when triggering VL3X from Linkesoft Songbook via iRig MIDI2 interface.
      Triggering commands are entered on the Songbook edit page which operates in chord pro hence {} brackets.

Syntax
      {midi:CC32.# PC#}
      Where CC32 is the bank number and PC is the program preset

Bank 0 runs from 1 - 128
      Bank 1 runs from 129 - 256
      Bank 2 runs from 257 - 384
      Bank 3 runs from 385 - 513 Note VL3x only has 500 presets

Also note midi starts at 0 and not 1
      This is important when you want a particular preset. The PC entered needs to be -1 from the preset you want

Example for preset 1
      {midi:CC32.0 PC0}

Example for preset 129
      {midi:CC32.1 PC0}

Example for preset 257
      {midi:CC32.2 PC0}

Example for preset 385
      {midi:CC32.3 PC0}

Calculating presets:
      If you want preset 208 on the VL3x
      208 - 129 (which is starting number in the bank 208 falls into) = 79
      So syntax would be {midi:CC32.1 PC79}

Again:
      If you want preset 494 on the VL3x
      494 - 385 which is starting number in the bank 385 falls into) = 109
      So syntax would be {midi:CC32.3 PC109}

Its worth again noting on the VL3x the preset needs to be active to be selected. If there's nothing on preset 498 then the VL3x does not change when command is sent from the page on songbook you have chosen.

I hope this helps

Thank you
      • 3 hours ago
  • New
    inesoa
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-19

I’ve had VL3 for some years, but haven’t used it much outside of the default presets, so essentially a newbie. I have a question regarding expected functionality. My intended use is to play trumpet through the voice portion and I’m not worried about guitar or looping at this time.

I wiped out the default presets and set up a preset for each song. I mostly have all the song keys and steps and effects dialed in for each. The way I expected it to work is that when I have it set to voice but don’t have any effects selected/enabled, a baseline “clean” signal/sound, similar to Bypass, would pass through to the output. However, at this time no sound is passed to output unless I enable an effect.

How might I enable output of a clean signal to be used the majority of the time? Do I have to use bypass? (I know I can remap the key.) Do I have to set a key to some effect with all the associated settings set to zero? I know setting up steps would eliminate most of the juggling if I have to go that route, but I hope I’m just missing some sort of global setting somewhere.

Thank you,

-Aaron

read more...
    0 2
    • inesoa
      PedroRodrigues Hi inesoa, thank you for your post, regarding your question, it is important to take in to account that the VL3 output can be set up set up in different configurations such as the XLR Output Tab, the XLR Output Level parameter and the different Guitar Jacks Mode.
      You can use the XLR Output Mode parameter to select the output mode for VL3X.
      Parameter settings:

Stereo:
      -The left XLR output jack carries the left stereo channel.
      -The right XLR output jack carries the right stereo channel.

Mono:
      -The left XLR output jack carries the summed (with effects) mono vocal & guitar channel signals.
      -The right XLR output jack carries the mono vocal signal without effects.
      -The dry channel includes Tone and Auto-Chromatic Pitch Correction (if applicable).
      -The dry channel does not contain HardTune effect(s).

Dual Mono:
      -The left XLR output jack carries the summed (with effects) mono vocal channel.
      -The right XLR output jack carries the summed (with effects) mono guitar channel.

You can also use the XLR Output Level parameter to set the relative level of the signal going to the XLR outputs.
      Parameter settings:
      Mic Level:
      Typically, the best setting when connecting to a mixer/PA. This level closely replicates that of a microphone going directly into the mixer.
      Line Level:
      When connecting to a mixer/PA line inputs, this setting is a good choice.

When it comes to Guitar Jacks Mode you may select from three modes to direct your backing track and guitar to the guitar outputs. Especially when working with Backing Tracks, this allows for maximum flexibility.
      The Guitar settings acts as the “normal” or “default” mode, sending guitar signals from the ¼” outputs in mono or stereo (depending on whether you have one or both jacks connected).

With the Track L / Guitar R setting, Backing Tracks (summed mono) are sent out the left Guitar ¼” output, while your guitar signal (summed mono) is sent out the Right Guitar ¼” output.
      With the Backing Track setting, Backing Tracks are routed to the guitar outs.
      If both outputs are connected, the signal is in stereo. If one is connected, the signal is summed to mono.
      This mode allows you to have a two-component Backing Track where “the click” is sent to one ¼” output and “the track” to the other. These signals can then be independently routed wherever you wish.

Thank you
      • May 20
  • New
    saladin75
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-20

Hello,

I'm trying to decide if I should get the VoiceLive 2 as a live harmonizer. On videos and in the manual, I'm seeing different harmony "styles" to choose from, like "high". "octave up". "high & octave up", etc. Is this as specific as it can get? I'm looking for something that I can program to specific intervals like 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th. Is this possible on the voicelive 2?

read more...
    0 9
  • New
    YEVGENIYA777
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-18

Hello I have VLX3 from TC Hellicone, 

And from few day ago I started to experience blue screen problem,what dose it mean?how can I help it? How fast?

Could you please answer me ASAP, because i have to start my contract tomorrow in Alaska, with Cruise Ship, and VLX3 have been sun an amazing tool.to.help, because when you are performing on your own, a lot if sets every day,it's really a great tool! 

May be i can purchase new one?can you deliver to the Ship?

But i do hope you can help me with this problem, thank you!!!

read more...
    0 9
    • YEVGENIYA777
      WilliamR Hello, William from musictribe here. Regretfully, there isn't a fast solution to your particular issue. One thing you can try is to try and hook up your VL3X to the voice support 2 app and try performing a firmware update. If this works then try backing up your presets in the voice support 2 app and perform a factory reset. If this does not work I would suggest clicking the support link above and submitting a tech support case to get the warranty repair process started. Regretfully we do not sell directly either so if you need to purchase a backup you would have to contact one of our super partners like sweet water to make a purchase.
      • May 18
  • New
    brynnerhead1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-16

I guess I'm feeling like kind of a momo. Having difficulty interpreting the manual in regards to GLOBAL GUITAR SETTING. Is it possible to have a Global guitar sound for MOST presets BUT simultaneously have individual presets (approximately 4-6) with different guitar settings and guitar effect automation? If so how do I accomplish this?

Lastly does anyone know the alan wrench size for the small power cable securing bracket on the back of the unit? I'm assuming it's a metric size and need to aquire one.

Many thanks!

read more...
    0 10
    • brynnerhead1
      PedroRodrigues Hi brynnerhead1, thank you for your post, to be possible to assist yo with more tools and information on this matter, please follow the link below to submit an assistance request directly to our Tech Support Team. https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket?type=Technical%20Support&brand=TCHelicon Thank you
      • May 17
    • brynnerhead1
      kiskadar69 "Is it possible to have a Global guitar sound for MOST presets BUT simultaneously have individual presets (approximately 4-6) with different guitar settings and guitar effect automation?": yes, it is possible. I don't have VoiceLive 3, but I think that's the way to do it:
      Step 1: set the SETUP / SYSTEM tab / All Guitar FX Global parameter so that the guitar effects are not global. See TC-Helicon VoiceLive 3 Reference Manual page 162.
      Step 2: Perform the steps described on pages 68, 69 and 70 of the TC-Helicon VoiceLive 3 Reference Manual ("How do Global Effects work?", "Keep your Global Preset safe", "Defining the Global Preset", "Using an effect from the Global Preset", "The link between the Global Preset and other Presets goes both ways", "Using the Global Preset to copy effect settings into a Preset").
      • May 17
  • New
    pmulldoon
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-07

Hi,

My Voiceplay3 just powers up to a white screen, factory restet thru the headphone jack changes nothing. I've spent the afternoon trying to load voicesupport to my Mac but can't connect to a real TC Helicon download site and don't trust non genuine download sites.

I suspect my firmware has become corrupted. 

If i cannot get the maintaince screen, is it still possible to reload the firmware thru the usb port?

Any other solutions or suggestions would be welcome

Thanks

read more...
    0 9
    • pmulldoon
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi pmulldoon, If you have not yet done so I would recommend opening a technical support ticket for further assistance on this matter.
      This can be done via the support tab at the top of the page.
      • May 6
    • pmulldoon
      PedroRodrigues Hi pmulldoon, I'm sorry to barge in on this conversation, but in these cases you must perform the full Firmware update process after factory reset via the headphone jack is concluded. Please follow the link below to access the all the tools and guidance for this process. https://wsi.li/dl/p4xc7vG3xW3MWivQo/ I hope this helps, Thank you
      • May 14
  • New
    Shawndeer74
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-12

Is it possible to use the voice live play gtx with a go xlr mini to use the vocal effects for my stream. Didn't know if it needed to be hooked up in a certain order and which unit to use the phantom power with. Any help appreciated. 

0 9
    • Shawndeer74
      PedroRodrigues Hi Shawndeer74, thank you for your post, this might not be an easy set up due to the outputs structure on the VoiceLive Play GTX that offers XLR Stereo output but also due to the fact that some of the tools available on this unit for vocals are entwined with the Input Guitar signal.
      The VoiceLive Play GTX was not designed with this purpose and the unit should be connected directly to DESK or via the Inputs on an AUDIO INTERFACE for a DAW.
      Nevertheless, you can set up the Output as Mono on the VoiceLive Play GTX, where the full-mix signal is on the LEFT and a DRY vocal is on the RIGHT.
      Any Tone and Pitch Cor Amt settings from the Setup menu are included on the RIGHT DRY channel.
      You might be able to feed the full-mix signal is on the LEFT to the XLR Input of your GOXLR, but you will miss the any Tone and Pitch Cor Amt settings from the Setup menu that outputs via the RIGHT DRY channel.
      For last it is important to take in to account that this is a set up suggestion not a definitive solution, and you may find some issues when pursuing this set up. I hope this helps. Thank you
      • May 13
Go to page