Statistics

289,863 members
172,427 posts
  • New
    LucV
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2022-06-15

Question on VoiceLive 2. 

What exactly does the "Guitar Effects" button do?

Does the VoiceLive 2 assign a different guitar effect to every different vocal preset?

Thanks.....Luc

0 8
    • LucV
      PedroRodrigues Hi LucV, thank you for your post, I would suggest to follow the link below to access a few videos guides where you will find all the information you are looking for. :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlsImL02sMQ&list=PL3A952CAB33D44BFE . I hope this helps .Thank you
      • Jun 15
    • LucV
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi LucV, the Guitar Effects button will enable/disable any selected effect and apply it to your guitar signal, this is on the basis that the Guitar Thru connection is not used as this will mute the Guitar Effects. Holding the Guitar Effects button will enter the menu in which you can alter the effect/mix.

It is not possible to assign a different effect to each vocal preset as the Guitar Effects are global.
      • Jun 15
  • New
    mykeaster2
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-11

I have tried every trick in the book to get my voice live one to connect to voice support two. I have read all of the help sections and the FAQs. Is there some settings I need to change in the utilities? What else can I do?

0 7
    • mykeaster2
      WilliamR Hello, Unfortunately, Voicelive 1 has been discontinued for quite some time now. The voice live one pre-dates the voice support 2 software so it is not compatible.
      • Jun 11
  • New
    mykeaster2
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-10

I have the original VoiceLive local processor which I love but lately I've been having some problems. When trying to change from song mode to step mode or step mode to present mode The processor loses its mind for a little while showing mix in the read out. Usually it will calm down and go we are on direct after a while. Also when setting harmonies in preset moon the third voice control often will not respond properly. Is there a firmware update that might correct these prongs or should I send the unit in for a refurbishment? I don't have proof of purchase as I purchased this unit used several years ago. Will that be a problem? Thanks for your help

read more...
    0 7
  • New
    mcgartlin
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2022-06-08

My Play Acoustic controller knob just quit working.  Can't change any settings in menus now.  Never been damaged or mistreated.  It just stopped working. No friction when I rotate the knob.  Does anyone know what can be done?

0 6
  • New
    Forhbr
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-04

I´ve just bought a MP85 microphone to use with my VLT 2 but the harmony and harmony hold are not responding correctly to MIC Control feature. As I press the button the harmony effect acts like harmony moment, but as I keep pressing it goes to the harmony hold. I understand that as I press the MIC Control button the harmony effect should be "on", and at the second press should be "off". For harmony hold I should press and keep it pressed for the effect.

For hit and hit moment, or hit & talk the effects works as expected.

The issue is just for harm+harm hold.

My VLT 2 is updated with the last firmware. Tried to downgrade but everything remains the same.

Does anybody have the factory firmware? Want to try this one and see what happens.

read more...
    0 11
    • Forhbr
      PedroRodrigues Hi Forhbr, thank you for your post, in this case I would suggest first performing a factory reset.

To restoring the factory settings of TC Helicon VoiceLive Touch 2, you must power up the unit.

Then hold the LEFT BOTTOM and LEFT TOP Matrix buttons while the display shows text until the display shows the initialization message.

The Factory Reset procedure is complete.

Please see a video by following the link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiIcwTFHJhM

When the factory reset is concluded I would suggest following the link below to access the guidance and the tools present on the link below: https://wsi.li/dl/E54ENtDrQeFu9tEuA/

I hope this helps

Thank you
      • Jun 7
    • Forhbr
      Forhbr

Thanks Pedro, but the factory reset didn´t work. Still with the issue. How can I get the factory firmware for tests?

• Jun 16
  • New
    prabara71
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-06

Hello Tribe, 

I want to know about the settings for manual key and scales. There isn't any place that I have found that has the answer. When selecting manual, pressing both buttons allows you to select the key. I get that. However, the "1, 2, and 3" for scales is totally unknown. Please help. I'm assuming major, minor, and chromatic, but I don't know and would like to dial this in. Any help? 

read more...
    0 126
    • prabara71
      kiskadar69 The key and scale in Harmony-G XT is shown in 2 or 3 sequential flashes. If the "-" character does not flash, it means one of the major scales. If the "-" character flashes, it means one of the minor scales. For example:

- an E might flash, then a number 1 indicating "E major 1" scale.
      - an E might flash, then a dash "-", and then a number 3 indicating "E minor 3" scale.

The number corresponds to one of three major and three minor modified scales. Choosing an alternate scale may help you find a fixed-key harmony that works best for your song.
      • Jun 6
    • prabara71
      kiskadar69 "does it even matter about the scale selection?": yes, it matters. For example, the "minor 1" scale will produce different notes than the "minor 2" scale.
      "how do you add or remove the dash?": with the right footswitch you can choose from 6 scales: "major 1", "major 2", "major 3", "minor 1", "minor 2", "minor 3".

Read the Harmony-G XT manual and watch the following video. If you have a Harmony-G XT, give it a try.
      • Jun 7
  • New
    EODBoogieman
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-05

Just recently I started to get what sounds like a ground hum in my voicelive 2.  Not sure what caused it.  It is getting power through a power conditioner so that shouldn't be the issue.  Help!!

0 4
    • EODBoogieman
      PedroRodrigues Hi EODBoogieman, thank you for your post, in this case I would first suggest to check if the cables you are suing with your Voicelive 2 are in good conditions, it is important to confirm that you are using the correct PSU for your unit, that must be a Positive Center Negative PSU that offers 12v 1.0 A. If you have confirmed all these steps and you still have the same issue reported I would then suggest to follow the link below to access the guidance and the tools to recover your unit. https://wsi.li/dl/ceXzzgetatXRcdtw3/ I hope this helps Thank you
      • Jun 7
  • New
    Valanking1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-03

Hi.

I have a voicelive 2 and want to download the 500 preset pack, and also to upgrade the firmware.

When I turn it on it shows: 

VoiceLice 2 with VLOOP

1.4.02 Build 127

Sun: 1109  AVR 27

I cant find any video or instruction online to show what cable to use. I assume its a printer cable that I use if anyone could kindly confirm? USB into my PC and then the printer cable square end thing into the Voicelive 2?

I have downloaded the Voice support 2 stuff and Im ready. Just want too make sure Im using the right cable as I dont want to wipe the machine of mess it up :) 

Also - is there a way of changing the effect assigned to the shortcut for a preset?

Thanks in advance :) 

read more...
    0 9
  • New
    drw430
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-02

Question: I'm setting the tone button to engage both tone and pitch ( light constantly flashes): also engaging the double voice button. I want this to stay consistent. When I engage a preset either A or B setting, then take that preset off it doesn't look like the original setting for just the tone and double button as originally set . It's like I have to reset each time I come off using a preset set up.... what am I doing wrong?  Thks

read more...
    0 7
    • drw430
      PedroRodrigues Hi drw430, thank you for your post, I would first suggest performing a factory reset followed by a Firmware Update.

Please take in to account that the reset will delete all your edited presets and return all settings to the factory defaults.

To reset the unit, insert the power connector while holding the Manual and Voice 2 buttons.

When it comes to the Firmware Update process please follow the link below to access the guidance and the tools for this process:

https://wsi.li/dl/8Y86EQJLtKCj58qcT/

When the firmware update is concluded, please check the full manual for this unit specifically page 16 to assist you on how using the Tone Button and for any other configuration. To access the manual for this unit please follow the link below:

https://wsi.li/dl/jacq4XR47daZ5Qin4/

Thank you
      • Jun 3
    • drw430
      kiskadar69 I'm not sure I understand your problem, but I'll try to answer.
      Some of the Harmony-G XT parameters are global, others are preset parameters.
      1. The Tone button, Guitar pot, FX pot and Harmony pot are global parameters.
      2. The Manual button, the Double button, the FX button, the Voice 1 button, and the Voice 2 button are preset parameters. If you want Double to be on in all presets, you must do the following for each preset:
      2.1. Select the preset.
      2.2. Turn on Double.
      2.3. Save the preset by holding down the Preset button.
      • Jun 3
  • New
    LateNightT0ne
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-26

The VoiceLive Play has a brilliant range of features available. But one thing I've found could be really useful if implemented slightly differently in the software would be the Robot autotune - currently it's only available in the "hardtune" area, so the effect can only be applied to your lead vocal, without the original vocal passing through.

A really creative way of using the Robot would be either as a "double" or "harmony" - so that you could set your robot to a specific note, then you can sing lead on whatever note you want, while the robot stays on note you've set. If there's already a way of doing this, I'd love to hear it! :-)

read more...
    0 4
    • LateNightT0ne
      PedroRodrigues Hi LateNightT0ne, thank you for your post, I will forward this feature request to our Dev.Team for analysis. Thank you
      • Jun 2
Go to page