Statistics

306,511 members
190,920 posts
  • Dieb
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-03-13
    Hi there,I play with the idea of getting a "Perform V" or "Perform VE" and have difficulties with the decision.I need it for quick voice adjustments via the push of a button in livestreams or recordings. The "V" now obviously has no gender function like the "VE". But I saw that in the app e.g. a "men to women" effect is included. The question is how good are these effects, to what extent are these presets adjustable via PC or app, can I also create new presets myself?I would like to create a set of "voices", which I would like to use depending on the context. I hope you can help me. thanks in advance. 
    read more...
    0 111
    • Dieb
      TCH-Rob

Hi @Dieb , 

Are you planning to use it for a musical application or otherwise? For flexibility and ease of use I would use the Perform VE, but it you're doing more livestreams and podcasting type stuff you may want to check out our GoXLR. It has a bunch of presets and some sweet effects for podcasters and streamers to mangle their voices. It has most of the effects that the Perform V and VE has but it's tailored streamers. 

• March 13, 2020
  • yammo
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-03-06

I have done some tests and I have found that voice rack FX is working as an AUv3 audio unit in cubasis on apple ios 11.1.2. But.. on ios12 or higher it has issues crash and controls not rendering, this needs to be fixed to work with apple ios 12 or higher. Please pass this on to the developers so that they can get a fix, I have been trying to get the issue resolved for over a year with no success and no help... ?

read more...
    0 111
    • yammo
      yammo

looks like TC Helicon /Electronics has abandoned this app, I feel I need to review this on the app store so future buyers know of the issues, and the developers have given up and to avoid buying the app. or any future apps by this developer..... 

• March 11, 2020
    • yammo
      TCH-Rob

Hi @yammo ,

I'll let our app development team know about this ASAP. These issues likely aren't on their radar. Thanks for letting us know!  

• March 12, 2020
  • PetGerbil
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-03-11

Just an idle question but, what's the differences between the voicelive play,play electric and play acoustic these days ? what with firmware updates etc.

If you had to choose one as a backup, are they much of a muchness ? or has one, sort of eclipsed the other two ? (If you already have a plethora of guitar effects pedals)

read more...
    0 147
    • PetGerbil
      TCH-Rob

Hi @PetGerbil ,

Voicelive Play, Play Electric, and Play acoustic are all quite different in their features. Voicelive Play only has Vocal effects and doesn't have an instrument input or thru for harmonies. Play Electric has the most guitar processing options of the two; it has 1/4" guitar inputs, outputs, and thru, making it easy to play with external guitar amps and pedals. It also has amp models similar to the Voicelive 3, compression, uMod, delay and reverb. Play Acoustic doesn't have a seperate guitar output or thru; it uses the xlr outputs for guitar, which is very useful if you're using an acoustic but not great for electric. It also has uMod, delay, reverb, and bodyrez.  

If you're planning to use guitar pedals, you almost definitely want the play electric (or the discontinued play gtx) because of the expanded output options. Play electric is discontinued though, so you'd need to find one new. 

Also, if all you need is vocal effects, we may or may not have a new product coming this year which may or may not be in the play line and which may or may not have a guitar thru output   

• March 11, 2020
  • PeterDunbar
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-03-09

Hello,

PaunurgyOEM inspected my faulty unti (knob issue) and determined it needed a whole new board.

You instructed PanurgyOEM to send the unti to you, and you would deal with me directly in resolving my support request.

I have been without my unit since December 26, 2019. Yes, going on 3 months.

I went to Paunurgy directly becasue I got no response for a while from a ticket CAS-52050-W9F6Z5

Can you please tell me if you have received my unit? Can you please contact me and let me know what I need to do? I REALLY need my unit...

Please help...

Peter Dunbar

read more...
    0 131
    • PeterDunbar
      TCH-Rob

Hi @PeterDunbar ,

I got in touch with our care team and apparently they have emailed you at the address you provided. I would search "music tribe" in your email and double check your spam. They also sent a fresh reply yesterday which you may have received.  

• March 11, 2020
  • antonmartin
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-03-06

Hi there,

do you think there will ever be a new firmware for VL3X or is the last one from 2019 the final version?

I would like to know if it's worth to wait or not. I miss the midi start and stop option and mapping start/stop of direkt audio to USB recording to a switch.

Thanks

Toni

read more...
    0 249
    • antonmartin
      ChrisF

I think I heard it from the web-vine that no more f/w updates for the VL3X to gear up for the VL4.

• March 8, 2020
    • antonmartin
      antonmartin

Hi, thanks for your reply. Is there any information when a VL4 will come out. It's very quiet about TC Helicon at the moment.

Toni

• March 8, 2020
    • antonmartin
      TCH-Rob

Hi @antonmartin,

we're currently working hard on the next Voicelive product and some other exciting new products here at TC Helicon. We're running with a very lean team right now, so we simply don't have the bandwidth to work on new firmware for older products and develop new ones. If one of our engineers took time to update VL3 that would directly set back the release of the next Voicelive and other new products. 

As of now the VL3x is in it's final stage, but we hope to have the capacity to continue to update it at some point in the future.  

• March 10, 2020
  • nitsirkpp
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-20

When in midi notes mode, the harmonies on my VL3X will sometimes shift sharp or flat. Humanization is off, I'm holding notes on my midi keyboard, and as soon as my voice moves, the harmony notes shift out of tune. The harmony notes that sound sholud reflect what I'm playing on my midi keyboard, not what I'm singing. Why is this happening?

(view in My Videos)

read more...
    0 277
    • nitsirkpp
      TCH-Aaron

Hi and welcome to the forums, @nitsirkpp !

A very good find and thank you for the great video demonstration. You've actually managed to confound us here at the office!

With the Male Notes mode you're in you should be hearing the same 4 notes that you're playing, yet we only hear the lowest note. Something like this may happen in 4Ch Notes mode and if your were to hit the lowest note first on the keyboard however that would not explain the tuning adjustment.

The tuning adjustment you're hearing would be consistent with NaturalPlay or Key&Scale mode as there are three temperents to choose from; Equal, Just, and Barbershop. I can produce a similar tuning adjustment when playing the came Db chord and singing Eb to F as you are by selecting only Bass Voice. But again, you're not using this mode.

Does this happen if you switch the Harmony mode to say Female Notes instead of Male Notes? Do you have any other keyboards or a computer that you could send the notes from?

Again, I'm not sure why you're not hearing all the voices. I'm hoping we can find the issue and avoid a factory reset. Let me know what you find.

Best Regards, 
      Aaron

• January 21, 2020
    • nitsirkpp
      nitsirkpp

Hey Aaron,

The issue is not that all four harmony voices are not sounding - they are. The issue is that the tuning of the harmonies is shifting around as my voice shifts. As you said, this shouldn't be happening in Notes mode - the Helicon voices should remain static as the notes I'm playing on my midi keyboard are static. I've tried this with Female voices, and with another midi keyboard, and the same thing happens.

• January 22, 2020
    • nitsirkpp
      kiskadar69

Maybe it's caused by a faulty Pitch Bend wheel. For VoiceLive 3, set the MIDI / Pitch Bend Range parameter to 0.

• January 24, 2020
    • nitsirkpp
      TCH-Aaron

Ha, shoot, I see now I wasn't listening hard enough. The 5th and two octaves above were tough to pick out! So that eliminates VL3 being somehow stuck in NaturalPlay or Key&Scale mode, and therefore temperment being the issue.

I copied your settings that I could see and tried it with a factory-reset VL3x but the pitch stayed stable.

We also thought perhaps a faulty pitch wheel. But the harmony moves with your sung note and even if the pitch wheel was out of calibration the pitch should stay constant. 

Could you try moving the Smoothing parameter value up to 100% and then back down to 0% to ensure it's really doing what it's supposed to do. At 0% harmonies are fully pitch corrected. an 100% harmonies have no pitch correction. It's a very confusing parameter, barely talked about in the manual.

Lastly, are you able to connect the VL3x to a computer with VoiceSupport 2? If you could export send me a backup All Presets and Setup Data then I'll load it on a VL3x here at the office for further troubleshooting.

Best regards,

Aaron

vl3backup.PNG
      • January 28, 2020
    • nitsirkpp
      nitsirkpp

Hey Aaron, thanks for helping with this and sorry it's taken me a minute to get back. I got a new keytar, thinking it could be the issue, but nope - still happening. I exported the patch that's being funky - how can I send it to you?

• February 18, 2020
  • Adventurer
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-03-01

I have a switch-3 footpedal connected to my voicelive 3 footpedal jack and only button 2 of the Switch 3 (center button) works. Buttons 1 & 3 do nothing. I am using a TRS plug that came with the Switch-3. I have run through the setup and attempted to change function of button 1 & 3. Nothing works. Performed factory reset of the VoiceLive-3 and updated firmware (2.2.00 build 366). Still buttons 1 & 3 of switch do not work. Need help, folks!

read more...
    0 413
    • Adventurer
      PetGerbil

If you press the "Setup" Button, in the "Input" Tab, have you got the "input type" set to either "Dynamic Mic" or "Condenser" (Depending on what mic you've got ?) The other types might be overiding the footswitch.

If everythings fine there, Tab right to "Mic Control" and make sure they're set to  "Off"

Tab right again, And you say everythings set right in the "Footswitch" Tab ? set to "Switch 3" etc...?

And the footswitch is plugged into the top "Footswitch" Jack.?

If it's nothing from above, then I dunno.

Might be the lead... 

If all else fails,you could maybe find a shop that sells Switch 3's and ask if you could take you're VL3 in to try it with a different one.

• March 1, 2020
    • Adventurer
      TCH-Rob

@Adventurer this could be an issue with your unit. If you haven't already, create a care ticket under the "support" tab on www.musictribe.com!  

• March 2, 2020
    • Adventurer
      ChrisF

Have you tried a different cable? Is there a way you can try the Switch 3 on a different device, like a 3-channel switching amp maybe? Hopefully it's the cable or the Switch 3 and not the unit itself.

• March 2, 2020
    • Adventurer
      Adventurer

Yes, I tried a different TRS cable.  I also checked out the TRS cable and there is continuity between all 3 contacts (tip-to-tip, ring-to-ring & sleeve-to sleeve) on both ends of the cable and there is no short between any of the TRS contacts. IO have no other foot-contolled device to test the Switch-3 and I would be hesitant to do this anyway as I do not have a schematic for the Switch-3 and I wouldn't know what it would do to other systems if a attempted to connect it there.

• March 2, 2020
    • Adventurer
      ChrisF

Switch 3 schematic is here. https://branchonmaybe.wordpress.com/2012/02/25/using-digitech-fs3x-footswitch-with-t-c-helicon-harmony-m/. I doubt that's the issue though, since it's a pretty simple circuit.

• March 5, 2020
  • ChrisF
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-03-01

I thought I understood the Global Preset feature on p.69-71 of the manual, and I thought I had this working, per this post https://community.musictribe.com/t5/Voice-Processors/Global-voice-and-guitar-setting-on-VL3X-but-compression-only/m-p/291825#M578

However, I don't know if this is an anomaly.

I use preset 491 as my global preset (default setting in Setup->Global Preset), and make changes to preset 491, and store them. In this preset, Globa is set to Off in all of the tabs (correct?) for both Vocal and Guitar menus. In this preset, Double for Vocals is set to On, and the Vocal Double button is on.

Now I want to use the settings for global preset 491 on preset 1. So I go to preset 1, click on Vocal, tab over to Double, and set Global to On. However, the Double button does NOT come on? Also when I toggle from Global Off -> On, I see a message on the screen that says "Stopped A." What is this? Note at some point, I mapped my uMod, Delay, and Reverb buttons on a different prset other than 1 or 491, as loop triggers, but I've since removed that and use my Switch 3 instead.

Can someone from TCH please take a look? Thanks!

read more...
    0 168
    • ChrisF
      ChrisF

I factory-reset my VL3X, and it seems like the global preset functionality is broken on my machine. For example, I set uMod, Delay, and Reverb to Hit+, and Comp to On on the default preset 491 (factory default), and set the Hit button to G-Hit. So now Comp is always on, and uMod, Delay, and Reverb come on when I click the Hit button. I go out/in of preset 491, and the settings persist so I know I stored the settings.

I then go to preset 1, set Guitar uMod, Delay, and Reverb to Global On, and Comp to Global On, and I expect preset 1 to act like preset 491, but NO! Comp is NOT on, and the uMod, Delay, and Reverb do NOT come on when I click the Hit button.

Sad state of affairs! I'll have to exchange the machine.

• March 5, 2020
    • ChrisF
      ChrisF

@TCH-Rob , @PetGerbil , can you please confirm that I understand the Global preset functionality correctly before I exchange my unit? In short, what ever effect setting I want to use globally, I set it up in preset 491, the default Global preset, and save it. Then to use the global preset behavior/settings for that same effect on a user preset, say preset 1, I set Global = On for that effect, and save it. If the behavior/settngs is NOT taking on the user preset, then I may have a defective unit?

• March 7, 2020
    • ChrisF
      ChrisF

@TCH-Rob @PetGerbil , I guess I'm specifically talking about an effect's "Hit Control" behavior. Do these map over from the Global preset 491 setting to the preset (e.g., preset 1) I turn Global = On?

• March 7, 2020
    • ChrisF
      PetGerbil

I haven't re-set up my VL3 from a practise session yet so i can't check but, I wouldn't be suprised if it didn't take the On/off setting from the "Global" setting.

I think it's just for taking the settings and not the "state" of the preset,possibly because the "State" (On/off) could be set elsewhere in the preset, It would affect the "Hit" operation, and every time you used the "Global" preset you would have to change the associated "Hit" state as well.

• March 7, 2020
    • ChrisF
      PetGerbil

Just thinking out loud here.... I think that once you change the effect part to Global, then any changes you make now affect the Global preset (491) I'm wondering if it's behavior is because the relationship is reversed.. 

Whenever I use the Global feature(which isn't often,as you can tell! ) I  dump the settings I want, to the preset I'm on via Global,then straight away change it back to "Not Global" then save the preset. As I don't want my inane fiddlings affecting the Global preset.

The behaviour you're describing sounds like a "...yeah,we did it like that because it would cause problems elsewhere if we didn't" feature,rather than being broken.

I'll check later when I've got everything wired back up.

• March 7, 2020
  • tcandel
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-19

Hello, new to Music Tribe, and first post here, so please bear with me.   Purchased a Harmony Singer 2 back on May 15th.    I first tried using it with batteries, but they didn't even last an hour and then it wouldn't work.  I bought a 9V adapter and it worked fine.  However, as of Sunday July 14th it quit working. I can't get it to power up at all.  I've tried the adapter on another product and it works fine.

I've submitted two requests to Customer Support and gotten emails indicating they'll respond to me within one business day, but as of yet, I've not gotten any response at all.  Am pretty frustrated at this point as i can't use the product, and can't get help from Support. 

Has anyone had this issue with the Harmony Singer 2?  And can you please tell me how to get a response from Customer Support. 

tcandel 

read more...
    0 266
    • tcandel
      anurag

This is my issue so far man

UNIT DETAILS:

TC Helicon harmony singer 

PROBLEM DISCRIPTION

The previous day i tried to do the firm update of my pedal by downloading the software called "VOICESUPPORT". As soon as my software was successfully installed, i tried to click the firm update, the update started to begin before the update was finished i had a message " the update was not successful". Then i tried to do a manual reboot my downloading the SendSX software by holding tone and footswitch before switching on the device. The green light changed to orange light and i tried to reboot it and even though after doing manually it doesnt come to normal operation. The device is not working still the power supply Grenn light is perfectly alright.

I request to give me an assistance regarding my issue.

• December 20, 2019
    • tcandel
      TCH-Rob

Hi @anurag ,

To receive support, please go to www.musictribe.com and create a care ticket under the "support" tab. Our support team will help you with your problem from there. 

• January 3, 2020
  • ChrisF
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-03-02

I want to ask a similar question from https://community.musictribe.com/t5/Musician/Looper-output-through-guitar-jacks-on-VL3X/m-p/264092/highlight/false but in this forum.

How can I send looper output to the guitar jacks. Or in general seperate from the vocal or guitar tracks? Is this possible on the VL3X?

read more...
    0 100
    • ChrisF
      TCH-Rob

Hi @ChrisF ,

Unfortunaly you can't reroute the looper on VL3x. You can route the backing tracks to the guitar outputs but not the looper. 

• March 4, 2020
Go to page