Statistics

298,889 members
182,569 posts
  • TonyFry
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-25

I'm experiencing an annoying problem that I'm sure has a simple fix, but I must be too much of a dummy to find it. 
    I created a loop, and saved it to a specific location. Now, when I switch the VL3 off and back on again, the loop appears in EVERY preset. Doesn't matter how many times I delete it, it keeps coming back. It's driving me crazy. Anyone out there know how to help this simple idiot please??

read more...
    0 152
    • TonyFry
      PetGerbil

When you delete the loop, you have to save it empty. (not the preset. save in the loop section.) So it'll stick.

• January 25, 2020
    • TonyFry
      TonyFry

Ok. Thanks for that. Seems a bit of a "workaround" but if that what you've got to do to make it work.............

I've been using the looper on the fly up to date, but now want to save some specific loops for use in a live performance. Is this not possible given how you only appear to be able to save the last loop you did? Or am I being stupid again??

• January 25, 2020
    • TonyFry
      PetGerbil

Heh. Doing it that way has the advantage of being able to turn the machine on when you have a quick idea that you wanna try out, you only have to delete what ever loops there and start recording. Safe in the knowledge that what ever was there, will be there the next time you turn on.

If you go to the "Utility" section when you're in the Looper section. (The bit where "Save" is)

If you look in the bottom left corner of the display, you'll see it say "slot1" If you press the "Up" footswitch on the VL3 that'll take you to the next slot. (You'll see an up and down arrow symbol above it.)

(This only works in the "Util" menu,( If the Arrows are there above the slot number) If the arrows aren't there,then you'll change the preset..which can be confusing if you're not expecting it. )

• January 25, 2020
  • fcwestcott
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-01-11

This is a follow up from an old thread about an audio issue with the perform VG. It was called "Perform VG Audio Issue" and it was initiated on 10/18/17. There were a couple pages of posts by a number of people having the same problem. I decided to renew it here. So, you might visit the old thread for some background.

I have a Perform V, a Play Acoustic and a Perform VG. I love the VG but it has a chronic issue that, as far as I can tell, has never been addressed. It has abrubt change in audio. I cannot narrow it down to any specific feature that is causing the problem but it could be a change in volume, mic gain, body rez setting, feedback or even tone/pitch correction changing through the mic, or something that I haven't considered that is affecting the guitar tone. It is a noticable abrubt change with a small pop and I am including a clip (the shift occurs at :03 and :06). I have the latest firmware.

I have already described my set up in the other thread but I have used various acoustic guitars with various pick ups. I plug strait in to the VG.  It occurs playing through an acoustic amp, PA,  or headphones. So far, I have always have a mic plugged in. I'm not sure if it will do it without a mic but it doesn't matter to me, because the unit is designed to do both simultaneously. The issue is not easy to recreate. Sometimes it will happen 5 times within 20 seconds and sometimes it will go for 10 minutes without doing it at all.  To recreate, I recommend plugging in a guitar and mic, turn on all the effects and features and just play the guitar with varying strumming intensity and varying gain levels, making sure to let the chords ring often. Do it while singing and then while not singing. It may take a while.

This unit is great but this bug has rendered it useless to me. There were quite a few others who also experienced it in the previous thread, so I was hoping for a firmware fix, but it never came.  I am now hoping for a rapid fix here or maybe a replacement device, hoping that there was just a bad batch one of the members in that thread exchanged his for a newer unit and it had the same problem. So, I feel it's unlikely a defective unit and more of a design problem that has not been caught? Have you had any other similar feedback from other artists or developed any resolution? Thank you

read more...
    0 196
    • fcwestcott
      fcwestcott

the only way that I could upload an audio clip was to use the video option. 

(view in My Videos)

• January 11, 2020
    • fcwestcott
      fcwestcott

I didn't count but there were quite a few who chimed in with this issue before. One left a couple audio clips. Also, atleast one exchanged the VG with a new one and had the same results with the new unit. So, it is not likely a defect.

• January 12, 2020
    • fcwestcott
      IHatethisSite

Unfortunately, the fact that TC Helicon hasn't seen fit to comment on this or provide a firmware fix doesn't not mean that it "is not a defect." I've experienced the same fault on the mic level several times and have to reset the mic pre level multiple times during a performance. It just, suddenly, drops about 10dB. I'm mostly a hobby player these days, so it isn't a killer problem for me, but I would warn prospective buyers that you'll have to deal with this problem at the least convenient times: Murphy's Law.

• January 26, 2020
  • ThomasJungi
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-26

Hello.
    I will use the TC-Helicon voicelive touch2 as an audio interface. In the technical specification is written that the VLT2 has a 24 bit DA/AD. There exists no asio driver for the VLT2 so I have to use the asio4all driver. It works with this driver. But the asio4all tells me that the input and output has only 16 bit DA/AD. How can I achieve that the asio driver will work with 24 Bit for the VLT2?
    Thank you  for your support.
    Thom

asio4all-vlt2.jpg

read more...
    0 319
    • ThomasJungi
      KenMitchell

Hi @ThomasJungi , 

I suspect the 24 bit AD/DA is referring to the internal processing and not the USB audio interface.  I can't find anything in the documentation that specifies the USB audio spec.   44.1-48k, 16bit is CD quality which should be fine for most applications.  I only use high bitrates when I know I'm going to be doing some precision editing of the audio.  

Hope this helps, 

Ken

• January 26, 2020
  • henrod
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-16

Hi. DOes anyone know how to initiate a sysex dump from a Quintet? Thanks.

0 129
  • lightison
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-22

Hello,

I've been trying to contact TC Helicon Support for days. I encounter an error every time I try to submit a service ticket.

I bought a Voicelive 3 used on Reverb in July. The control knob is busted off with the shaft inside it. Fella that sold it claimed it was a mainly cosmetic issue that did not interfere with the unit's functionality. That was true, at first. Settings could still be adjusted by pressing the knob into the unit.

That no longer works, meaning I can't adjust many settings. I can't reset the unit to it's factory default because I can't use the knob. I've been trying to get in touch to get a quote for replacing the knob or some kind of workaround if it exists.

Can someone please help me, with a quote for repair or with contact information for an actual person or technician? I'm now stuck with this unit that is at once mostly functional and basically useless to me. I'm in Erie, Pa. Thanks in advance.

Best,

Elliot

IMG_1010.JPG
    read more...
    0 407
    • lightison
      TCH-Rob

Hi @lightison , 

Our support system was having some issues this month but it should be working now. If you create a care ticket under the "support" tab on www.musictribe.com it should allow you to create a ticket. 

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any further questions!  

• January 24, 2020
  • Chris_Lenois
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-21

1) Is it possible to connect the Harmony Singer stompbox to a PA that does NOT have phantom power? 

2) Is it possible to use the Harmony Singer stompbox without also connecting it to a guitar? 

0 111
    • Chris_Lenois
      TCHelicon-Tad

24v Phantom Power is always on when using the Harmon Singer device. This will power condenser mics but will not affect Dynamic Mics. So, you should be able to plug it in fine. 

No, you don't need a guitar. The guitar is there to help identify natural harmonies that can work in-key with your guitar, without the guitar, it will function manually based on the settings you have on the device. It's just a little something special we built into the product, but not necessary. 

• January 21, 2020
    • Chris_Lenois
      kiskadar69

2.Because the Harmony Singer does not allow you to manually select a scale, you cannot use the Harmony function if you do not connect an instrument. The Tone and Reverb functions are still available.

• January 24, 2020
  • Mickeyme91
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-24

Hi all, I`m having issues on overdubbing on a loop.

When I overdub I cannot hear the previous loop anymore, even if I overdub at a very small volume.

If I overdub not playing anything the previous loop si muted..

What am I doing wrong? It was going well before.

Thanks!

read more...
    0 79
  • gusring
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-23

Hi TC Helicon!

I really love my Voicelive 3 and it suits my needs for performing live perfectly with all functions for guitar and vocals. I am having an issue with it though which makes me think of maybe having to let the unit go and change to something else.

The guitar channel has this hum/hiss on it which won't seem to go away. I have checked both xlr out and jack out into both an amp, my studio monitors and headphones and the hum/hiss is still there. I have tried all possible gain settings, change phase, check that phantom power is off, tried ground loop button (makes no difference), tried putting the cables through a linebox with activated ground loop button. Nothing makes a difference, and it's so sad because I really love this unit but this makes it unusable for me. Could you help me out in any way to fix this issue? Would be greatly appreciated.

read more...
    0 212
    • gusring
      TCH-Rob

Hi @gusring , 

The first thing I would do is double check that the noise isn't coming from any of your guitar or cabling; if you haven't already I would plug your guitar directly into an amp to make sure your cables/the guitar aren't causing any issues. Often a bad cable can introduce noise or unwanted hum into a signal chain. 

If you've already done that, it may be worth getting in touch with our care team! Your guitar channel shouldn't be making a hum (unless you've got single coils and the input gain is very high) and they should be able to help you fix it. You can create a care ticket at www.musictribe.com under the support tab. 

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any further questions!  

• January 23, 2020
  • ToniGruber
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-11

Hi there. Is it possible to get a distorted sound by playing an harmonica trough the voicelive3 ? For me it looks like the frequencies of the harmonica don`t work with the effects of the voicelive. Maybe there is a way to fix this - would be a nice feature. Thanks, and musically regards from austria. datoni

read more...
    0 464
    • ToniGruber
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @ToniGruber,
      I do know that our gear usually doesn't respond well to whistling input, playing a harmonica will likely also yield an undesirable result.  Additionally, all our gear is made to expect a monophonic singing voice, with the harmonica being a polyphonic instrument that can really confuse our effects as well.  If you're looking to apply effects to a harmonica, you're probably better off using guitar pedals (which are inherently built to expect a polyphonic input).  Cheers!

• November 13, 2019
    • ToniGruber
      Roland1

Hi 

Try it trough the guitar layer and use the amp effects.
      It works well, but you have to get a good signal, f.ex. with one of the Shure 520DX microphones (or vintage model).

If you don't use VL3 for voice, it's to expensive only for harmonica. Then you better buy a real good harmonica-amp and maybe some stomp pedals. As I play the VL3 with saxophone on stage, sometimes I use it for harmonica, but normally I play the harmonica over a good little amp to create the real distortion "the natural way".

• December 31, 2019
    • ToniGruber
      Toddyboy

I'm not looking for a "bluesy" distorted sound with harmonica or  wooden flute using the Live Play, but rather the ability to create an assortment of effects that can give a different variety of voices or colors to these instruments...not for playing blues at all. I've been using a TC mic mechanic for a few years that performs OK with these instruments on stage in our group, but would like more sound options. I understand the Live Play is made for voice, but do you think it can add effects to these wind instruments without a bunch of additional feedback or noise?  Don't really need the pitch or adaptive features. Thanks - Tod

• January 16, 2020
    • ToniGruber
      Toddyboy

My experience has been that guitar pedals usually pick up sounds and noise from all over the stage when they are adapted for microphone use, which these instruments are played through...

• January 16, 2020
    • ToniGruber
      BigDogDaddyD

Hello ToniGruber,

I fell ya.  I've been in the same boat for years.  The problem I've experienced is that guitar pickups are not as powerful as a microphone.  So using a harmonica and microphone into a guitar pedal often causes violent feedback and loud distorted sounds.  Same with using the guitar 'IN port' on a vocalizer.  I play classic rock, country, bluegrass & folk, blues, and cajun. And sometimes I even play classical.  So I need different sounds and effects for playing diatonic, chromatic, tremelo, or octave.  I also play the keyboard or guitar with my harmonica.  I can't speak for the VoiceLive 3 (the VoiceLive 3 Extreme is on my list when I decide to upgrade), but I have used a VoiceLive Touch 2 for quite awhile now.  And I have to tell you that I get some really impressive effects with a Shure 57 microphone and all my different harps.  I use separate effects pedals between the VoiceLive Touch 2 and the amp or PA if I need something The VoiceLive Touch can't give me.  But I love the reverb, chorus options, octave shifts, etc...  Some of the vocal effects cause the harmonica to sound more like a synthesizer on acid, so not all are good.  But I simply sat down and walked through all the different options one-by-one.  This took several days to do. And it was different with different types and keys of harmonicas.  And when you add all the different guitar effects on top of the harmonica,  I really get some great sounds.  And the looper really makes a difference as well.  I'm hoping one day the major guitar stores will have more demo units set up to experiment with.  I'm really surprised Music Tribe and TC-Helicon don't have demos with harmonica players.  The great Brendan Power uses his harmonicas, VoiceLive Touch, and a separate effects box, on his stage performances.  Part of his act is showing folks how to loop.  Google "Brendan Power looping", or do aYoutube lookup.  He has quite a few videos using his harps with TC Helicon equipment.  Hope this helps.  Take care and good luck with your journey. 

• January 17, 2020
  • Wendy
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-22
    I use a preset on my unit for harmonies on a particular song. There are layers of vocals that repeat during part of the song behind the lead vocal.. Is there a way to create a loop and save it as part of a preset that can be activated and deactivated in different parts of the song during a live performance? If sis there a way to keep it on time with the band without a click track? I would love to see a video where they used loops in different ways.
    read more...
    0 80
Go to page