Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-17

need selection pot for a Voicelive play

Fantasia Painting(8).jpg
    0 120
  • mvillada
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-12

I recently bought this device and I'm wondering if in this forum there are discussions about the best settings for songs outside the ones that come preloaded.

I'm certainly a newbie when it comes to singing and could definitely use some help from experienced performers/sound engineers in defining these settings.

Thanks!

read more...
    0 379
    • mvillada
      ChrisF

This is such an open question. Song settings - reverb, deleay, compression, etc. - are totally subjective and would depend on what YOU, and only YOU, wanna do. For ME, for example, I double and compress my voice, but that's ME.

• February 13, 2020
    • mvillada
      TCH-Rob

Hi @mvillada ,

What type of settings are you trying to make on your Voicelive Play? I can probably help you find the settings you're looking for!  

• February 13, 2020
    • mvillada
      mvillada

An open question indeed, so let me add some specifics: these are the 2 songs I'm currently rehearsing:

• White Stripes: Seven Nations Army

• The Cult: Wildflower

Thanks!

• February 13, 2020
    • mvillada
      mvillada

Hi Rob,

Basically these are the 2 songs I'd like to start with:

• White Stripes: Seven Nations Army

• The Cult: Wildflower

For the former, I started 'tweaking' the preloaded Beatles' Come Together since the voice sounds kind of similar (to my untrained ears at least). I'm sure somebody with the proper background would go down a completely different path 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, is this the right group to post these kinds of questions?

Thanks in advance for your help!

• February 13, 2020
    • mvillada
      TCH-Rob

@mvillada  for Wild Flower I'd add a fairly subtle reverb or a light slapback delay, and then I'd set doubling to the "one voice loose" setting and set it to "hit." That way you can press the hit button on the chorus to add doubling. From there I'd tweak it to taste; maybe your voice will sound better with two voices of doubling, or maybe you want harmonies instead of doubling. There's no rules saying you have to make the exact sound from the recording. Have fun, let us know if you have any other questions!  

• February 14, 2020
  • bearaby
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-02-18

Is there a way to connect the Perform V to my mixer as an aux to allow the effects to go to more than one microphone?86794893_809652866204281_4606490512453533696_o.jpg86970265_809642039538697_125059607889444864_n.jpgtempsnip.png

read more...
    0 130
    • bearaby
      RexBeckett

@bearaby 

The Perform V input and output operate at mic level so are not suitable for direct connection to a mixer's FX/Aux Send and Return. You could use a 40dB Attenuator  or a DI Box to connect the mixer Aux Send to the Perform V Mic In. You would need to use a mic input on the mixer for the Perform V Mic Out.

I don't know how well this would work in practice. I think you would get better results using an FX processor that is designed to work at line level. For example: Behringer FX2000 or TC M350 

• February 17, 2020
  • ChrisF
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-11

I've looked, and all I can find is the Quck Start guide. Is there really no user manual for this device? I'm considering buying it and want to peruse through "a" manual.

0 205
  • Iwara
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-10

Hi, I use the last 2.2.00 b366 firmware. When importing backing tracks (wav, 16bits, 48kHz) the files are processed and sometimes the loaded sound contains nasty heavy noise (pointwize saturation). How can I fix it?

When loading mp3 it seems to be ok.... but in this some files are toncate (part of the sound are missing, not only at the end)

read more...
    0 143
    • Iwara
      ChrisF

Can you re-create the backing tracks into 24 bits/48 kHz WAV format, which is what the VL3X uses? When you import your 16 bits/48 kHz WAV files, the unit will then have to convert them to its native 24 bits/48 kHz, and I'm guessing it's conversion algorithm introduces the noise.

Also if your WAV files are already in the VL3X's native format, it won'thave to convert them and the import will be faster.

• February 11, 2020
    • Iwara
      ChrisF

Hmmm, page 75 of the manual says VL3X uses 16bit/48kHz, while this video says 24-bit/48-kHz. I wonder which is correct? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsQEbLnwdKk&t=156s

• February 11, 2020
    • Iwara
      TCH-Rob

@ChrisF @Iwara  the bit depth and sample rate of the files shouldn't make any difference; VL3x can accept several different options. It is quite important that you import a WAV file, as the VL3x won't playback any other file type. There's more information on this on page 75 of the VL3x manual

• February 12, 2020
    • Iwara
      TCH-Rob

Hey @Iwara ! 

It's worth checking that your usb thumb drive you're using to upload the backing tracks is properly formatted. You can find more information on that here: https://www.wikihow.com/Format-FAT32

Also, it could be that the VL3x is having a problem with converting the files you're inputting. Are you using WAV files, and what's their sample rate and bit-depth?

• February 12, 2020
    • Iwara
      ChrisF

I know the VL3X will "convert" the wave file to what it needs, but if the wave file is ALREADY in the correct format, it'll just outright import it and NOT do any conversion correct? I'm only suggesting that the noise may be due to the conversion algorithm, and one way to check is to have the wave file to already be in the correct VL3X native format.

What is the VL3X native format? The OP said he has 16-bit/48 kHz wave files.

• February 12, 2020
  • brewster
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-13
    0 74
  • MaishaBrend
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-08

I've been using this Perform V for live performances for a couple of months now. I like the unit, its fun to use, but I seem to keep having the same problem over and over again. During a show, my mic will either cut completely out, or it will garble and make a static like sound while I'm singing. It happens when I have effects on or when I don't have any effects on. We've adjusted gains, changed the wireless channels, switched mics, we've exhausted every single thing we can think of and we still have this issue. It happens in our full band, and also in our duo, which is low key, not as much "oomph" - so I don't believe its a gain issue. I set the gain before every performance for the room and set up, and I monitor it throughout the show, it hardly ever leaves 'green'. I'm at a total loss. 

I use a wireless Sennheiser 835 and run the input/output cables to the board and the wireless receiver. It works wonderfully, except for this cutting out issue. I was told that using a wireless mic should have no issue, but I'm wondering if they were wrong. Any ideas?

EDIT - I tried using the Perform V with a wired mic last weekend and still had this issue. Is it possible my unit is defective?

read more...
    0 315
    • MaishaBrend
      TCH-Rob

Hi @MaishaBrend !

Is there any chance it's the wireless mic that's cutting out? 

What's the order of your signal flow? Is it mic into Perform VE into mixer?

• February 12, 2020
  • MarkGamache
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-02

What is the lowest latency possible with the VL3? 

I am trying to use VL3 as a low latency audio interface. However, even at the lowest possible settings in asio4all I am still getting noticeable latency (it sounds like a very fast slap back echo). I have other ASIO devices that do not have this issue (at worst there is some mild phasing due to the latency in those devices at 48K / 128 sample buffer). I am using Bluecat's Patchwork to access the device. Relying on asio4all seems like a cop-out, TC didn't want to spend the time to write proper ASIO divers. 

(I am running the latest firmware and using an i7 with 32gigs of ram). 

read more...
    0 122
    • MarkGamache
      TCH-Rob

Hi @MarkGamache ,

Unfortunately the VL3 interface does have some latency; we plan to improve this on future Voicelive iterations. 

• February 7, 2020
    • MarkGamache
      MarkGamache

Thanks for info. Of course the big question is *when* will a VoiceLive 4 be released? I know there's no way TC marketing will choose a forum to anounce a new product. However, It feels like TC has gotten lost in the all the mergers and you are focusing on more mobile/Podcasting apps. Any hints you can drop would be welcome. 

• February 7, 2020
    • MarkGamache
      TCH-Rob

@MarkGamache a new Voicelive is currently one of our primary development focuses; there probably won't be anything in 2020 but we're planning to get something out as quickly as we can!

• February 7, 2020
    • MarkGamache
      MarkGamache

Awsome. I'll expect a release at Winter NAMM 2021 (kidding). It will be inteesting to see if you keep the guitar effects. For solo acoustic players it's killer, but for electric guitars it really didn't work (IMO). I stacked pedals in front of it for a while, but then moved to a Helix/HX Stomp.  

I'll add one specific request... An 1176 style compressor upfront for transients if you keep the gutiar processing and another compressor for the end of the effects chain (LA-2A / Tube) to smooth the sound like butter. 

• February 7, 2020
  • ChrisF
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-11

Can I use backing tracks as 'steps" for a preset, so Song1 preset will have 2 backing tracks, Step1 will have the verse backing track, and Step2 will have the chorus backing track? Then I can just flip between verse and chorus backing tracks by using the Step switch?

Is there a (better) different way to achive this?

read more...
    0 136
  • ColinChettlebur
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-02-10

Hi all.

I currently have a Play Acoustic and upgrading to VL3E. However hard I look, I can't find reference to Bodyres on VL3E. Is it not there?

Also, can I export settings from my Play Acoustic the VL3E?

Moochas grassy ass.

read more...
    0 345
    • ColinChettlebur
      TCH-Rob

Hi @ColinChettlebur ! 

VL3x's bodyrez settings are found in the guitar amp section; if you scroll throught the amp styles you'll find 5 bodyrez styles at the end of the list. 

You aren't able to export Play Acoustic settings to VL3x but it should be fairly straightforward to recreate them. 

Hope this helps!  

• February 10, 2020
Go to page