Statistics

294,585 members
177,696 posts
  • DennisMilsom
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-22

Why oh why did TC Helicon (apart from a money grab) decide to change out what footswitch one could use?

I am coming from a Harmony -M that I have had for many years whihc could allow the use of a simple single switch that could just turn harmony on an off! As I already have several pedal units under my keys, I could then mounnt a small switch on top of the sustain pedal that gave me easy and simple access to controlling the harmony.

Now I am forced to buy a 3 switch pedal (the smallest one) that I have no idea how to place in a tight floor space already! and If I don't I ahve no way of turning the harmony on and off when needed, without removing my hand from the keys, reaching over to the mic stand turning on the harmony and then back!

The only reason I can see is to gouge more money from buyers. There is NOTHING in any of the pre-sales hype and advertising that says anything about it is the ONLY pedal that will work! Now, as I have spent over $400 (with no returns - it is NOT the USA here) I now have to spend another $130 just for a switch!

NOT happy! Surely they caould have allowed for a simple switch to control just one function!

read more...
    0 242
    • DennisMilsom
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @DennisMilsom,
      You didn't mention which product you're using now, but you mentioned keys and reaching for a mic stand so I'll assume you're talking about a Perform-VK.  Switch-3 and Switch-6 aren't the only pedals that'll work with Perform-VK, just the only ones we can guarantee will work.  In my experience there are pedals from other manufacturers that work great with our gear, you'll just have to try yours and cross your fingers that your 3rd party pedal works.

• November 22, 2019
    • DennisMilsom
      DennisMilsom

@TCH-Spencer  So that's the only response hey, the official company line! Buy a pedal but then be forced to spend over another 1/4 of the value on a "factory only" pedal to be able to actually use it!

• November 23, 2019
    • DennisMilsom
      kiskadar69

TC-Helicon Switch-3 has 3 Normally Open momentary switches, 2 diodes and a TRS (TIP, RING, SLEEVE) socket. The first switch shortcuts SLEEVE with TIP. The second switch short-circuits the SLEEVE with the RING. The third switch shortens SLEEVE with TIP + RING.

So, with a properly designed short "TRS plug - TS socket" adapter cable and any Normally Open simple foot pedal, you can simulate any switch on the Switch-3.

• December 10, 2019
    • DennisMilsom
      kiskadar69

Sorry, I didn't notice that your issue was resolved.

• December 10, 2019
  • DennisMilsom
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-24

refer here : https://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/1288617-tc-helicon-perform-series-forced-use-switch-3-a.html?posted=1#post14341749

After discussions with Mark at the above, I can get a single switch to turn the harmony effect on and off, which is all I needed. To summaraize all of the above thread - using a TRS plug (that must go into the Perform (in my case the Perform-VK), connect the tip and sleeve only (ring is unconnected) to either a on off switch ( https://www.amazon.com/Guitar-Momentary-Effects-Button-Switch/dp/B00W93IWQA ) or a TS jack (if using a Boss FSU for example) or even a standard footpedal switch.

read more...
    0 186
    • DennisMilsom
      DennisMilsom

So now, I can have a simple, almost cost free (instead of $130+ for a 3 switch pedal I'll never use) way to utitlise a simple function of turning an effect on or off.

• November 24, 2019
    • DennisMilsom
      AlMorello

Thanks for this info. I plan on making my own single pedal now too!

• November 26, 2019
    • DennisMilsom
      IHatethisSite

Ideally, it will be a momentary switch like those in the TC switches. You can use both the tip and sleeve and a 2nd switch to switch 2 functions, also.

• December 10, 2019
  • AstonWylie
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-04

Hey there, i need help importing loops. I made the usb Fat32, named the enclosing folder VL3_Loops and pressed store. It always says "track import" and never "loop import". Any help would be appreciated.

0 145
    • AstonWylie
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @AstonWylie,
      Have you checked out the manual?  Pages 143-145 have some crucial info regarding this.  It sounds like your folder structure is correct, but take note of the formatting of your files - for example MP3's aren't supported.

• December 5, 2019
  • TacoZwart
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-11-06

And sorry Spencer I forgot to ask you something else . . . I have a little hisss issue with my VoiceLife 2 Extreme . . . Despite multiple input gain and output level checkings/settings (on the unit and my PA mixer), I always get this low level, high frequency (?) fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff. My mic (Shure SM58) directly into my Bose T4S Tonematch Mixer and L1 Model 2, no hiss or fffff at all. As soon as I plug my Mic into my VL2 and from the VL2 into the Mixer and L1 . . . ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff . . . Even only with the dry sound without any VL2 effects or harmonies . . . I use the VL2 in mono with the dry signal out of output 1 and the wet (harmonies only) out of output 2. Of course when I activate the harmonies the ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff gets louder. I have the feeling that it's just the way it is, that the VL2 simply adds this ffffffffffffff, but if you'd have a suggestion or solution, please let me know (and same issue with other mixers and PAs). Have a nice day, Taco 

read more...
    0 539
    • TacoZwart
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @TacoZwart,
      Hope you don't mind I moved this new topic to its own post.  After a quick search of our Knowledge Base I found this article, is it possible you have the auxiliary input level turned up?

• November 6, 2019
    • TacoZwart
      TacoZwart

Hi @TCH-Spencer

Thanks for the research and link. All inputs a part from the guitar IN are Off, and my case is event weirder than the one described in the article, because when I bypass the unit (tuning mode, no outputput at all, the hiss is even louder !

Any other suggestions ?

Cheers,

Taco

@TCH-Spencer wrote:

Hey @TacoZwart,
      Hope you don't mind I moved this new topic to its own post.  After a quick search of our Knowledge Base I found this .article, is it possible you have the auxiliary input level turned up?

• November 11, 2019
    • TacoZwart
      TCH-Spencer

Hi again @TacoZwart,
      The fact that going into the "Bypass + Tuner" mode makes the hiss worse makes me suspect that it's on the vocal channel.  If you've muted your vocals during normal operation, then going into the bypass mode will un-mute the vocals and pass them through with no effects except for Tone.

It's possible this noise is just inherent to your unit, but I do have a couple ideas that might be worth checking.  First, you're not sending phantom power to a dynamic mic are you?  If your microphone is a dynamic mic, ensure you have phantom power turned off in the Setup menu.  Also another thing that's helped users in the past is plugging everything in to the same electrical circuit in your home or studio space or wherever your setup is.  Not necessarily going as far as plugging it all in to the same power bar (although this could be a worthwhile experiment) but having all your gear on the same circuit can help.

• November 12, 2019
    • TacoZwart
      TacoZwart

@TCH-Spencer wrote:

Hi again @TacoZwart,
      The fact that going into the "Bypass + Tuner" mode makes the hiss worse makes me suspect that it's on the vocal channel.  If you've muted your vocals during normal operation, then going into the bypass mode will un-mute the vocals and pass them through with no effects except for Tone.

It's possible this noise is just inherent to your unit, but I do have a couple ideas that might be worth checking.  First, you're not sending phantom power to a dynamic mic are you?  If your microphone is a dynamic mic, ensure you have phantom power turned off in the Setup menu.  Also another thing that's helped users in the past is plugging everything in to the same electrical circuit in your home or studio space or wherever your setup is.  Not necessarily going as far as plugging it all in to the same power bar (although this could be a worthwhile experiment) but having all your gear on the same circuit can help.

Hi @TCH-Spencer,

To answer your questions, no I'm not sending or using phantom power. The setting is turned off.

And all my gear is on the same power circuit (and even same power bar) . . . I guess that the noise is ingherent to the unit, but is it just mine ? The VL2 Extreme in general ? But I don't consider it as "normal" . . . With my HArmony Singer 2, I don't have this "ffffffffffffffffffffffff". . . I'd love to be able to try in paralel a second unit. If I'd need to sebnd my unit for repair, where do I need to send it to ? Thanks for your help, Taco  

• November 17, 2019
    • TacoZwart
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @TacoZwart,
      Damn then I'm kind of running out of ideas... I have a VoiceLive 2 here, it's not the Extreme version but they are the same hardware with only software differences, anyways our VoiceLive 2 isn't noisy.  This might just be a physical issue with your particular unit, like a dying capacitor or something like that.  Getting in contact with our support team (via this link) could be a good idea.  They'll be able to help you troubleshoot the issue further, and discuss possible repairs or replacement if necessary.  Good luck!

• November 18, 2019
  • philip1
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-02
    Having trouble getting gender button to work. Keep on trying to recalibrate but top red and green light keeps flashing. Any suggestions please
    0 115
  • AdrianaGarrido
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-29

hi, guys

I'm using the morningstar MC6 controller to send midi clock to VL3X and to control other drum machine by footwitch. I followed the setup suggested on a BeatBuddy thread (bellow) but still couldn't get the looper totally in sync. I noticed that you really can't stop and start again the beat generator (BB or any other) because of the downclock, but even when I just let the beat playing along with the loop, it seems to slightly drift from the inicial tempo over a few bars.

any thoughts? that's veeeery frustrating

SETUP>MIDI
    Source: MIDI PORTS
    Midi Tempo: ON
    Input Channel: 1
    Output Channel: Off
    Input Filter: None
    Output Filter: None
    Transpose: O
    Pitchbend Range: 12
    Split Note C-1
    Split Direction: ABOVE
    Vibrato Boost: MANUEL
    SYSEX ID: 0

LOOPER SETUP
    Current Slot: 1
    Mix Looper to NP: Off
    Auto Met On: On
    Auto Met Mute: On
    Odub Decay: 98%
    Queue Odub: Off
    Met Follows Playback: Off

I'm running FW 2.2.00 BUILD 366

Here is a video to demonstrate. Note that after a while, the metronome drifts from the original tempo, but if I stop the loop and start it again, it goes back to sync.

https://youtu.be/MSqq-WKVUxM

read more...
    0 277
    • AdrianaGarrido
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @AdrianaGarrido,
      Sounds like you're pretty close to getting this working.  Which "Sync" setting are you using in the looper?  I'd recommend using the "Quantize" setting if you aren't already.  Page 153 of the manual has some relevant information on this topic too.  Cheers!

• December 5, 2019
  • tch-tad
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-12-04

Hey Everyone,

We'd like to know what your favorite vocal presets are from the VoiceLive Play series. This information will be used to help us create new presets for future products and will give us insight into what your favorite effects and settings are on the VoiceLive Play products. 

If you've got a preset you love, PLEASE, let us know below!

read more...
    0 115
  • AndréAugustoSpi
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-04
    Hello TC Helicon lovers.
    I have a question and would like you can help.

If I accidentally turn on Phantom Power on the xlr input of a mixer with my VoiceLive2 connected, could this damage the VL2?

Thanks in advance.

André Milanezi
    Brazil
    read more...
    0 105
  • jkrantman
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-11-26

Trying to do something odd.  On the preset Buzzin' Fly, it makes my voice sound like a buzzing fly.  Follows pitch, but doesn't sound like a voice.  My questions:

1.  Where is the setting in the menu that turns the voice into buzzing?  I assume the presets involve settings in the regular menu system and not some inaccessible programming level.

2.  Is there a setting by which I can control the sound of the buzzing fly voice?  In other words, can I configure the buzzing effects? (pitch, sound qualities, etc.)  What menu(s)?  

3. Is there a way to get fly harmony?  I can get a 2nd voice there, but it's less fly-like.

4.  The setting suppresses the lead voice (my voice) completely.  Sometimes I use this feature in lowering the gain on the lead voice, but I can't find a way to have my regular voice sing along with buzzing harmony-singing flies. (actually bees in the song) 

By the way, I'm getting some cool swarm effects using delay.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jerry

read more...
    0 174
    • jkrantman
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @jkrantman,

1. The buzzing sound in preset 121 is caused by the "Synth" effect - this is in the "Vocal" menu

2. Same answer as above, all the settings will be here

3. No, you cannot use the Harmony effect on the Synth voice - this is because the Harmony effect is first in the effects chain so it's applied to your lead voice, and Synth is then later down the chain, and this order is hard-coded so you can't have the Synth effect first then feeding into the Harmony effect

4. To bring your lead voice back into the mix I'd recommend using the "Double" effect with the "1 Voice Tight" style

Hopefully that's helpful, cheers!

• November 27, 2019
  • wave64
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-18

Hi guys. Purchased our VoiceLive 3 Extreme back in March, and when we first turned it on, all the voice preset effects (1-82) were showing and working fine. I could see and scroll through the whole list. But, all of a sudden one day, the device stopped showing effects 1-55: All I can see and scroll through is 56 (Puppet Master) and onward through 82 (Rocket Man) but nothing before that. I got the latest firmware and updates after installing VoiceSupport 2 and connecting it. However, this did not resolve the issue. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions for something we could try that might remedy this? Is this an issue that perhaps you have seen before? Let me know please. Thank you...

read more...
    0 198
    • wave64
      PetGerbil

Sounds like a "favorites" Issue.

If you tap the Green "Genre" button, use the big knob to change the setting to "All" Then press "Genre" again to exit. Does that fix it. ?

(Pg 46 of the manual.)

• November 19, 2019
Go to page