Statistics

306,098 members
190,447 posts
  • Hutchball
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-10

Hi there. 
    im going to purchase either a Mic Mechanic or a Play Acoutic pedal. Does the Play Accoustic do the same, and more, than the Mic Mechanic?

Also, can the Play use the internal room mics to produce a harmony of a guitar is not plugged into it?  
    thanks ? 

read more...
    0 75
    • Hutchball
      TCH-Rob

Hi @Hutchball ,

The Play Acoustic does everything the Mic Mechanic does and more. If nothing is plugged into the guitar or aux input then the roomsense can be used to produce harmony! 

• February 10, 2020
  • JohnShelley
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-06-05

I don't understand why this is not an easy answer to find.  I just hit "Backup All" in VoiceSupport2 which is hooked up to my VL3x... Where does the backup file go????

0 441
    • JohnShelley
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @JohnShelley,
      In VoiceSupport 2 you'll find created backups in the "Presets" tab under "Backups" on the left.backups.png

You can also use the "Import" and "Export" buttons in the top-right to manage backups.

These backups also exist as pairs of files on your computer.  On a Windows machine they live in "C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\TC-Helicon\VoiceSupport 2\VoiceLive Play GTX\data" and each backup is a pair of files - a ".tch" file and a ".xml" file together create a backup.  The files are pretty useless outside of VoiceSupport 2, but nevertheless that's where they are.  Cheers!

• June 20, 2019
  • Pauldritsas6
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-03

Hi Guyz Im just wondering how to completely remove my imported backing tracks from the unit. I know how to remove a bt from preset. im just wondering if the bts can be removed entirely without a factory reset. Cheers

0 182
    • Pauldritsas6
      TCH-Rob

Hi @Pauldritsas6 ,

You should be able to do this by pressing store, going to "manage track", and selecting track # "all" (to the left of track #1) and deleting it. This should remove all backing tracks from the Voicelive without requiring a factory reset. 

• February 5, 2020
  • NiallMullan
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-02

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if there is equivalence for the tone button and voice pitch correction that is present on the MIc Mechanic 2 on the Voice Live 3 Extreme.

The MM2 tone button really works well on my voice, while the pitch correction is subtle, I am not at all interested in hard autotune.

Thanks,

N

read more...
    0 106
    • NiallMullan
      TCH-Rob

Hi @NiallMullan , 

You'll find tone settings in the "setup" menu of the VL3, which will give you all the control (and more) than the Mic Mechanic. The "correct natural" Hardtune setting may be as subtle as the Mic Mechanic 2, and if it isn't, you're able to reduce the amount of tuning by scrolling down in the hardtune menu.  

• February 3, 2020
  • Baskervil
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-03

Hello. I've bought a new TC Singthing. It has very very low mic level and I cannot set it! Only automatic input gain.

Previously I had FX150 and it was possible to set it with a knob. On this model I see no options for volume at all! 

And also no eq for the mic if I don't want to use tone function

read more...
    0 93
    • Baskervil
      TCH-Rob

Hi @Baskervil , 

The goal with the SingThing was to make it as simple as possible for users, hence it only having automatic input gain and automatic tone. If you need to boost your volume, sing more quietly while setting your input gain.  

• February 3, 2020
  • roblytton
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-31

This is my first post, sorry if this question is asked and answered repeatedly.   I just bought the VoiceLiveTouch2, and am starting to work with it.   Having been a TCHeliconSynth and TCHeliconCreate user, I'm used to being able to bypass the effect by simply not having it engaged.    So far, I haven't found a way to "bypass" the VoiceLiveTouch2 via some kind of a switch on the chassis somewhere.   Is there a bypass?   If not, I thought perhaps I could just create an effects patch that has no effects and has the mix set to 100% dry, and just invoce that patch as a way of effectively bypassing the device.   Any suggestions for a rookie?   Thanks!

read more...
    0 238
    • roblytton
      TCH-Rob

Hi @roblytton , 

If you hold the "hit" button on the bottom right of the Voicelive Touch 2, you'll enter "talk" mode. This bypasses all effects except tone.

• January 31, 2020
  • TomMeehan
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-26

vl3x.jpg

I am having trouble getting my guitar signal to go to either the main or the guitar outs.  Guitar thru works fine.  As far as I know i've done all setup steps correctly.  Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

read more...
    0 233
    • TomMeehan
      PetGerbil

Everything turned up in the "Mix" section ?

(press the "Home" button, then twiddle one of the four mini knobs)

• January 26, 2020
    • TomMeehan
      davedroug

by the looks of it on the bottom line in output you have it set to usb stereo now i maybe wrong but you need to change that to guitar voice try it if my memory serves me right thats what i did

• January 27, 2020
    • TomMeehan
      TCH-Rob

@TomMeehan I would echo @PetGerbil suggestion; you can adjust your mains guitar volume in the "mix" section. If this doesn't work let us know and we can continue troubleshooting!  

• January 27, 2020
    • TomMeehan
      TomMeehan

[note Somehow this reply got placed in the wrong place.] Thanks for the suggestion. It appears that changing the USB Out setting is locked based on the USB Input mode. The options in input are DAW Tracking, DAW Insert, Stereo. If Daw tracking is selected, the output options become: SAME AS XLR, DRY VOX L, GUITAR R. Neither of those settings fix the problem. Note there is no option GUITAR VOICE. 

• January 27, 2020
    • TomMeehan
      TomMeehan

All the mix levels are maxed out. Still no guitar signal ?

• January 27, 2020
  • LabGeek
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-29

TLDR; What voice processor offers a large amount of control over the humanizing of individual harmony voices, to the point where a resulting harmony voice almost sounds like a bad backup singer?

I am looking to a add one of the Vocal harmony units to my gear for songwriting.  It is just easier to try out the sound by myself without wasiting everyones time as I constantly change my mind.  Many years ago I had access to a rack mount device that allowed me to edit the "human" qualities of the backup vocalists.  I found that reviews of the Voice Prism had this feature.  But when I look at the newer units I don't see any mention of those settings.  In some manuals there is a mention of tight and loose harmony where the "Humanizing" and "Scoop" are changed slightly.  But no discussion on how to make significant changes to those atributes.
    I remember the old device I had also allowed me to set the vibrato, Pitch holding (warble), Timing, and breath.  Yes It let me set how long a harmony voice could hold a note before it gave up and stopped.  I always thought it should have the option of a "away from mic cough or gasp for air" and then a return to the note.
    It let me set the gender and the range.  Thus if a harmony note was outside the singers limit, the next note in the chord up or down would be selected.  I wish I could remember what it was called.  I remember using the term "vocalist" when talking about it.. but that might have been a generic name for the device.  Anyway..

I had assumed that with all the passing years, over 20,  that all those features would have grown stronger.  But now it seems as if they have been simplified to a few selections.   Is there a companion app that allows this type of custom custom setup that I have missed? 

One song I am trying to recreate used a doubling effect where the other voice was a lower register voice but in unison and it sang like a drunk cowboy.  Slightly off key sometimes, and often late.  It worked for the chous of the song.  I'd love to build that effect again.   I just liked that imperfect sound sometimes.  

I'll keep reading manuals, maybe the settigns are on one of the units and I am missing them. 
    Thanks for any feedback.

read more...
    1 105
    • LabGeek
      TCH-Rob

@LabGeek Voicelive 3, Voicelive 3 extreme, and Voicelive Touch 2 offer these parameters on each doubling and harmony voice so you can make them sound as "human" as you'd like. It gives quite a lot of control. 

• January 30, 2020
  • lukey
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-30

For the guys who perform with backing tracks, do you also use a seperate click track?
    In my case I have one track with bass + sometimes also other instruments and I need to play a click track at the same time for inear monitoring. Whats the easiest solution in this case?
    The main reason I want to use the backing track function on the VL3x and not extern is that i want to map effects to certain parts of the song.

read more...
    0 127
    • lukey
      TCH-Rob

Hi @lukey , 

The easiest way to implement a backing track with click on VL3x is to make a stereo backing track with the click on one side and the track on the other. You can then send one of the outputs to monitors and the other to the mains. The downside of this is that your vocal and guitar effects must be in mono for it to be really effective, but this shouldn't effect your sound/performance too significantly. 

• January 30, 2020
      • Backing Track on VL3x (Clicktrack)
        lukey Hi Robert, finally i got my VL3x. I just tried what you suggested and put the backing track on a stereo track with click on the left side and instrumental on the right side. I routed the backing track to guitar output and the problem i got is that the click also appears on the right output :/ this is a problem which also appears with headphones on my computer as an analog crosstalk but doesn't appear when i use an audio interface...
        • December 28, 2020
      • Backing Track on VL3x (Clicktrack)
        lukey How can i solve this?
        • December 28, 2020
  • bfntn7
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-28

My Voicelive has all of a sudden stopped producing any harmony across all patches. I've gone through all the settings but cant find what the problem is. Any ideas? Thanks

0 105
Go to page