Statistics

294,588 members
177,699 posts
  • RuinenLust
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-12

Hello I currently own a voice live to floor pedal. End I currently have to bypass the compressor and noise gate due to the inconsistency of the two during live performance. I'm looking at a voicelive 3 extreme and also the GTX as an updated pedal. However, I need to know if tchelicon has changed their gate from voicelive 2 to voicelive 3 and/or GTX or if it's the same on the voicelive 3. I'm also interested in knowing if you can set the manual settings of the voicelive 3 or GTX above a 4to1 ratio. Currently the voicelive 2 can only be set to a 4to1 max. Does anyone have this specific info for these 2 parameters? I would prefer hearing from someone from tchelicon about this as the gate on the voicelive 2 is not good for live and I really need to know if it's different on the newer products. Thank you.

read more...
    0 161
    • RuinenLust
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @RuinenLust,
      The entire "Tone" section is the same in VoiceLive 3 as they were in VoiceLive 2 - this includes EQ, gating, compression, and de-essing.  The VoiceLive Play GTX offers even less control over these elements, with gating and compression being bundled in with a few "Tone" presets rather than giving explicit control over each of Tone's elements.

• November 14, 2019
  • Kriswilletts
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-07

Is it possible to use a single foot pedal to control the perform VK to toggle between talk and harmonies?

0 111
  • AlanMinnear
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-10-20

I use a wireless Keytar for lead breaks, but the harmonies stop when I play the keytar. I have a sequencer track ready to go for the harmonies, but it won't change the harmonies. How do I set up the VLT 2 so the harmonies work from a sequencer track?

read more...
    0 148
    • AlanMinnear
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @AlanMinnear,
      Can you please expand on what you mean by "sequencer track"?  Is this just a MIDI track with MIDI notes?  If that's the case, you can run it into the 5-pin MIDI input on Touch 2, and in the Harmony effect set the key to "Auto".  Cheers!

• November 13, 2019
  • MatCaird
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-10-30

Hi All

VL3x;

how do I remove a key assignment that I've accidentally saved with a patch. 

thx in adv

Mat

0 145
    • MatCaird
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @MatCaird,
      Go into the "Vocal" menu, and on the "Harmony" tab, set all the "Mode" parameters ("Mode V1", "Mode V2", etc.) to "NatPlay" (NaturalPlay).  This tells all the harmony voices to listen to the various inputs (guitar, auxiliary, RoomSense, etc.) instead of sticking to a specified key.  Then go back to the "Home" menu and double-tap the "Store" button to save your changes.  Cheers!

• November 13, 2019
  • budmoffett
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-06

All of a SUDDEN I show guitar GOING INTO unit, but no guitar OUTPUT (unless I use GUITAR THRU) which always works. (Usually if you don't use GUITAR THRU, you can blend guitar output through the VL2.)

0 149
    • budmoffett
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @budmoffett,
      There are a few places in VoiceLive 2 where it's possible to mute the guitar's wet output:

• "Mix" menu, "Guitar" level parameter

• "Setup" menu, "I/O" tab, "Guitar Mute" parameter

• "Guitar FX" menu, "Guitar" tab, "Guitar" level parameter

If you've already checked all those spots and still aren't getting wet guitar output, my suggestion would be to back up all your presets and settings in VoiceSupport 2, and then perform a factory reset of all system settings, then restore your presets back from VoiceSupport.  Good luck!

• November 12, 2019
  • ChrisF
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-09
    0 153
    • ChrisF
      ChrisF

Any way to have a feature where we can set "sweetened" tunings and save them? We can then tune our guitars like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2xnXArjPts

• November 9, 2019
    • ChrisF
      ChrisF

This is for the VLPE btw.

Any way to have a feature where we can set "sweetened" tunings and save them? We can then tune our guitars like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2xnXArjPts

• November 9, 2019
    • ChrisF
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @ChrisF,
      Unfortunately the VoiceLive PlayElectric is discontinued and will not be receiving any further firmware updates.  Cents are displayed on the tuner though ("-50", "-30", "-15", etc) so it's still possible to achieve that tuning by holding the "HIT" footswitch to enable the tuner.  Cheers!

• November 12, 2019
  • electricfunk73
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-28

I want to use both the VL3x effects and some of my pedalboard effects that the VL3x doesn't have, at the same time. I am using a mic and playing guitar and/or bass through the VL3x and then it is connected to the PA system via the XLR outs L/R. I would like all the effects from both VL3x and my external pedalboard effects to be heard through the PA system, be able to turn on/off external effects as normal. This setup will be for Church worship service through the stereo PA system. For example, I have an EHX C9 that I like to use for organ sounds, played through my guitar during some parts of the service. I have other pedals that give me different instrument sounds like the C9 that I need to use with the VL3x guitar fx (reverb, chorus, delay, etc...). Some of my external effects are stereo outs like my Mimiq doubler for guitar. How do I connect my external pedalboard of which need a stereo out, so that I can use it with the VL3x's internal fx, and still hear everything through the PA system only. There won't be any amplifier or monitor being used, just straight to the PA system. Thanks!

read more...
    0 469
    • electricfunk73
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @electricfunk73,
      So incorporating a pedalboard with a VoiceLive 3 isn't impossible but it's kinda tricky.  One issue is that the VoiceLive is expecting clean guitar input for reliable chord detection, if you send VL3 a distorted guitar you'll find your vocal harmonies will often pick "wrong" notes.  Another obstacle for your setup is that VL3's guitar input is a mono input only, there's no way to get a stereo signal through its guitar path.  These two things make me want to tell you to put your pedalboard after the VoiceLive, you could run the VL3's stereo guitar output into your stereo pedals no problem, but you said you're using the VoiceLive's guitar effects for reverb and delay - obviously you don't want to be sending an echo-y guitar into your C9...

To have your pedalboard before the VoiceLive, there is a way around the chord-detection thing, but you'll probably have to ditch the idea of using stereo effects on your board.  To be able to use your pedalboard first to alter your guitar signal and then send that into the VoiceLive, and still get reliable chord detection for harmonies, you'll need to split your guitar signal at the source.  Use a 6.5mm splitter (like this) plugged into your guitar to split its dry signal, send one copy through your pedalboard which then goes into the VoiceLive's guitar input, and send the other dry signal copy directly into the VoiceLive's auxiliary ("AUX") input.  Now a couple settings:  In the "Setup" menu on the "System" tab set the "Global NaturalPlay Source" to "Aux/Mon", and also in the "Mix" menu on the "Main Mix" tab turn the "Aux" level all the way down to "Off".  With this configuration, your wet guitar (pedalboard into VoiceLive effects) will be audible out the main XLR outputs, and your dry guitar will be acting as a 'silent' guide through the auxiliary path.

The cons are that you won't be able to have stereo effects from your board, and of course the extra cables, but I believe this is best way to utilize your VoiceLive with a pedalboard and still get reliable harmonies.

• October 3, 2019
  • Morris256
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-17

I purchased a VoiceLive3. Gigged with it for a year. The power input socket went bad. Never left it plugged in while not in use. Needed a rig to gig.. so I bought a VoiceLive3 Extreme.. a year later the same thing happened. Is this a common/fixable issue? I’m a little disappointed in the quality vs the price I paid for these items. Please help.

read more...
    0 136
    • Morris256
      ChrisF

This can just be the mechanical act of plugging/unplugging the power cord onto the unit. It should be more robust, I agree. I don't have a VL3, but a VLPE, and I put it on a pedal board witha PSU so I never have to plug/iunplug the power directly onto the unit.

• November 9, 2019
  • Krixtofer
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-02

Hi.

Since i'm a newbie in here I beg to apologize beforehand.

My question regards changing from vl 2 to vl3x. 
    Are there any changes made to the vocal side of the unit? Ie. apart from the looping and guitar fx/preset stacking etc.

Or changes to the micpre/audio hw.

best, Chris

read more...
    0 181
    • Krixtofer
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @Krixtofer,
      Yes indeed there are some differences in the vocal path between VoiceLive 2 and VoiceLive 3.  The harmony effect in particular was fine-tuned to track better in VoiceLive 3, it's just more accurate in general, and additional modes (pedal, fixed, mixed) for the harmony voices were added in VL3.  Here are a few other (non-exhaustive) differences between the two units:

• VoiceLive 3 has on-board "RoomSense" microphones to listen to the room's sound to guide the harmony and hardtune effects

• VoiceLive 3 includes a vocoder effect which VoiceLive 2 does not have

• VoiceLive 3 has a metronome with multiple sample sounds, VoiceLive 2 has no metronome

• And as you mentioned, there are numerous improvements to the looper and guitar path in VoiceLive 3

Hopefully that's helpful, cheers!

• November 6, 2019
  • TacoZwart
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-11-01

Hi everybody, Sorry to bug you but I don't know who to contact anymore. I have an issue with my Harmony Singer 2. I have found some people who have similar issues, but apparently nobody got a satisfactory answer/solution. I tried to open a support ticket since a week, but it never works (it simply hangs). My dealer from where I purchased my unit in Geneva Switzerland, never gets any answer for anything regarding TC Helicon . . . So you guys are my last hope. Any suggestion of what and how to do ? Thanks, TAco

read more...
    0 390
    • TacoZwart
      TC-Mike

Hi Taco,

sorry to hear about the issue.

Can you PM me  the data you fill into the support form, so i can escalate this to our care team. 

Do you get any error messages when trying to submit your support request? 

Spencer from TC helicon is very active in the community and since you posted in the TC helicon brand tribe, he will answer you

Best regards,

Mike

• October 31, 2019
    • TacoZwart
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @TacoZwart,
      Yes indeed I do remember there being issues with the Harmony Singer 2 pedal a couple years ago.  The problem was that the Harmony Singer 2 would randomly start to distort its output making the user sound boomy and robotic and just... broken.  We were fortunately able to fix the issue with a firmware update after enlisting the help of the Community to track down the bug.

If you install our free VoiceSupport 2 application and connect your Harmony Singer 2 pedal via USB, you'll be prompted to update the firmware on your pedal.  With that update, the noise/distortion issue should be solved for you.  Good luck!

• November 4, 2019
    • TacoZwart
      TacoZwart

Thank you very much Spencer,

I'll try the Firmware Update option tonight and keep you posted.

Taco

• November 4, 2019
    • TacoZwart
      TacoZwart

Hi @TCH-Spencer and Hi @TC-Mike,

Thank you very much for all your help. I managed to do the required FW update on my Harmony Singer 2, and will be trying it over the next weeks hoping there won't be any further issues.

A bit tricky to post my support ticket, but finally a great support !

Taco

• November 5, 2019
Go to page