Statistics

294,584 members
177,694 posts
  • SimonSchmidt
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-21

Hi there,

I've been using a Voice Live 2 in the studio and a Voice Voice Live Touch 2 for live performances.

I start to miss some features on the Voice Live Touch 2, more specifically the just Intonation setting and midi notes 4chan.

I've read in the manual of the Voice Live Touch 1 that it does midi notes in 4chan but Just Intonation is not mentioned. However in this video of this editor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB7n4Gf5Jj0

there is a tap for the "Tuning" Parameter set to Equal. This for me indicates that it is possible to set the Voice Live Touch to Just Intonation. Would somebody mind clearing this up? Is it that this feature is somehow hidden in the sysex implementation?

read more...
    0 171
    • SimonSchmidt
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @SimonSchmidt,
      Yes indeed that "Tuning" parameter in the Harmony block is hidden away in sysex land.  We don't typically share sysex manuals, but this product is so old... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  I've attached it for you.  At sysex offest 22 you'll see there's a "Harmony Tuning" parameter which is probably what you're after.  It looks like it has 3 possible values, without deeply digging into the code I can't tell you what those are... But in VoiceLive 3 the three tuning references are:  equal, just, and barbershop, in that order.  It might take some experimentation to figure out what they are in Touch 1, but hopefully this gets you on the right track.  Cheers!

VoiceLive Touch Sysex Manual.pdf
      • October 25, 2019
  • mtpizzi
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-21
    0 112
  • Eli
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-19

Hi, my question is as the title shows. Does harmony work with karaoke? Thanks!

0 179
    • Eli
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @Eli,
      Perfrom-VK gets its chordal info from a few sources: the MIDI input, the instrument input, the auxiliary input, and the RoomSense microphone.  Perform-VK dynamically switches between these sources - when one goes silent it'll start listening to whatever is giving it signal, with the RoomSense mic being the last resort.  So in your case you'd likely want to be sending the karaoke track to the auxiliary input, and as long as the track clearly represents the chords being played then harmonies will work great.  Our harmony algorithm needs to be able to hear at least the root and the third of each chord to properly identify what's being played - so for example a track of an acoustic guitar would be great, but a track of just drums likely wouldn't contain enough musical info and harmonies would sound weird.  Basically, yes it should work but it really depends on the track - that'll just take some experimentation on your part.  Cheers!

• October 24, 2019
  • Ghia
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-16

Hi there, how does one re assign fav voices to voicelive touch. I've saved it before but cant seem to change it. Any advice?

Thanks

Ghia

0 153
    • Ghia
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @Ghia,
      In VoiceLive Touch 2 you can have up to 9 favorite presets, and each of these favorites is mapped to one of the 9 buttons on the main 3x3 matrix.  You can't remove presets from favorites, you can just overwrite a favorite slot with a new preset for that slot.  To map favorites, navigate to the preset you'd like to add to your favorites, then press and hold one of the 9 matrix buttons to map the current preset to that favorite slot, it'll ask you to confirm and that's it.  Cheers!

• October 22, 2019
  • Mayaman72
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-13

Voicelive 3(X) Looper has three loop banks if understand correctly: Loop A, Loop B, and Loop C.  Is Loop C only accessible after using either A or B first and then using the SWAP function to activate it?  If I'm correct on this are there any plans on a new firmware update to make this obsolete and making access to Loop C more direct?  Every comparable loopstation (Headrush, RC-300) has direct access to the third loop without extra tap dancing.  That and the ability to Bounce a loop from one bank to another would be awesome!!!  ?????

read more...
    1 158
    • Mayaman72
      SimonBlakely

You can use SWAP before recording anything to record into loop C, but you still need to use SWAP (which makes using all 3 loops hard).

As for updates, there have been no updates for the VL3X for 2 years, so the general feeling is that there are unlikely to be any (even with no replacement product in sight). I know that @TCH-Spencer continues to collect feature requests, but I've basically given up hoping.

Even if there was, I doubt that fundamentally redesigning the looper would be included. However, I'd love to be proven wrong.

• October 15, 2019
    • Mayaman72
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @Mayaman72,
      Provided you're on the latest firmware (366) you can hold the "Util" footswitch to begin recording directly into track C, or if track A is already looping you can press the same footswitch but it's labelled "Swap" and that'll record into C as well.  Page 136 of the manual covers the Swap button if you're interested.  Cheers!

• October 16, 2019
  • DidjMaz
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-10

I am a newbie so please excuse question that might have been dealt with previously

I have a VL3E and Play Acoustic

My questions are:
    1.) I would like to get the chopper effect from the VL3E onto the Play acoustic is this possible?
    2.) I would also like to get the effect Group Shout preset 49 on the Play Acoustic onto the VL3E is this possible ?

read more...
    0 157
    • DidjMaz
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @DidjMaz,
      Unfortunately the answer to both of your questions is "no".  PlayAcoustic is pretty limited when compared to VoiceLive 3.  There isn't any Chopper effect, or even an equivalent.  As for the group shout, that's not in PlayAcoustic either but you may be able to get close by using the doubling "Shout" style in combination with a couple harmony voices?

• October 11, 2019
  • BenoitBesson
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-22

Hi,

I just published a voice live touch 2 instrument for ableton live. It allows controlling the TC Helicon product as if it were integrated as an ableton Instrument. I hope it can helps other users. So I share it here :

https://maxforlive.com/library/device/5567/tchelicon-voice-live-touch-2

Working on Voice live touch 1 and Voice live rack are discussed there.

Ben.

read more...
    1 282
  • danielvaloff
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-06
    I recently purchased a brand new Voicelive 3 (not Extreme version) and an MCA100.   I’m frantically trying to program my presets for an upcoming show on October 12th, and I'm running into some problems.

1) The Voicelive 3 crashes and reboots evertyime I attempt to switch the "input type" from dynamic to anything else.  This is extra unfortunate because I need to switch the input type in order to use the MCA100 I bought.  I updated the firmware to the most recent version, but that didn't help.

2)  Is there a way to turn compression on/off on one specific vocal preset?  Or even just have it constantly assigned to on, for just one preset?  I see the button labeled “double/ compression”.  But, I’m starting to get the impression that that compression button is only for guitar.

3)  Is there a way to switch from a “step 2” that has a super long reverb, back to “step 1” and have that long reverb carry over and not abruptly cut off?

Thanks for all your help!

Kindly,

Daniel 

read more...
    0 208
    • danielvaloff
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @danielvaloff,
      1)  This is a weird one I haven't seen before.  My suggestion is to back up any custom presets you've made with VoiceSupport 2, then perform a factory reset (which is covered on page 177 of the manual).  If that doesn't work, you'll probably have to get in contact with our support team to troubleshoot this further, or alternatively if the unit is new-enough maybe exchange it with whichever retailler you bought it from.

2)  You're correct that the "Compression" label on the footswitch is referring to the guitar layer.  Vocal compression is global, controlled in the "Setup" menu on the "Tone" tab, and you cannot set it up per-preset.  You can however slightly adjust the vocal level of each preset, in the "Vocal" menu on the "Preset" tab you can adjust the "Vocal Level Trim" parameter to give each preset +-6dB on you vocals.

3)  Nope, unfortunately only one vocal reverb can be active at a time, so once you've switched Steps the new reverb is the active one and the old tails are either extended or cut depending on the new reverb's settings.

• October 9, 2019
  • Timmossop
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-02

Hey Everybody.

Bit of a noob question, but I can't seem to find an exact answer anywhere?

My question is pretty simple:

* If our band plays a whole tone downtuned (2 x semitones down from A440)

Is the reference for my pitch correction still just default (a440) or do I need to do a manual adjustment to the pedals pitch reference?

Cheers

read more...
    0 627
    • Timmossop
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @Timmossop,
      You should be fine and not have to change anything.  Even if you're playing a whole tone down (with guitars tuned to D-G-C-F-A-D), an A4 note is still 440Hz for you guys.  You should be good, cheers!

• October 9, 2019
  • Josenrique1987
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-09

What will be the set up or if there is any preset for Cranberries songs in the TC Helicon Voicelive Play?

0 98
Go to page