Statistics

250,521 members
127,688 posts
  • New
    thisisjust9
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-22

My TC Helicon Play Acoustic is ON with blank blue screen. I tried "Factory Reset", it did not work. I tried to do it using Voice Support 2 app (MacOS), also no success. The app showed pop-up warning that "another app is using the unit". I have searched far and wide throughout my Mac system and there was no single app was using the unit (except Voice Support 2). 

I found this solution: https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/my-tc-helicon-voicelive-play-acoustic-is-only-showing-a-blue-screen/

I managed to download the Sysex Librarian as suggested in the article. But, I could not find the firmware: PlayAcoustic 1.0.04 BUILD21 MIDIOX.syx

I have searched everywhere, with no success. Not even in TC Helicon official site!!! (What a shame, Helicon!!! Why not simplify your whole customers support system?)

Please, anybody, help me! I need that firmware file to fix my unit.

Thanks in advance!

read more...
    0 15
    • thisisjust9
      Dale_M Hi there please can you go to the Support tab above and select Technical so one of our team can assist you? Many thanks.
      • Wed at 12:34 AM
      • Tc Helicon Play Acoustic Stuck in Blue Screen. Where is the firmware file?
        thisisjust9 I did already. And no reply yet.
        • Wed at 12:48 AM
    • thisisjust9
      PedroRodrigues Hi thisisjust9, please follow the link below to access all the guidance and tools for this process https://wsi.li/dl/qdmxqKYtDSTCcMXsF/ Thank you
      • Wed at 1:08 AM
    • thisisjust9
      thisisjust9

Dear Pedro, you're the best!!! I will do it now, and try to restore. Will let you know the result soonest. Thank you, thank you very much.

• Wed at 1:15 AM
    • thisisjust9
      PedroRodrigues Hi thisisjust9 please confirm on your computer if you have any MIDI tools ruining and check Google Chrome tools for MIDI devices that may be runing.
      • Wed at 3:06 AM
      • Tc Helicon Play Acoustic Stuck in Blue Screen. Where is the firmware file?
        thisisjust9 Dear Pedro, thanks for all the help and suggestions. I managed to solve all the above issues. As for the TC Helicon Play Acoustic unit, I reinstalled firmware: PlayAcoustic 1.0.04 BUILD21 MIDIOX.syx using SysEx Librarian. It didn't work well first time. I repeated it once and decided to complete the process with "factory reset". Somehow, it works! So, thank you very much!
        • Wed at 6:48 AM
  • New
    albasantos
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-16

Hello, I have several troubles with my Tc Helicon Voivelive touch 2, one of them is I never ever could connect it to a firmware update, because it always appears a message saying My Voicelive Touch 2 is being used by another aplication. Ive done everything, reboot, quit all programs, turn on fist before the support program and viceversa, and tried in another computer, mac and PC. I really dont know what is going on. 

Anyway I want to update because I have problem with sync and slave midi with ableton or any other device. The metronom respects the DAW time and beat, but after several loop repetitions it starts loosing its sync and just goes all over the time without respecting the tempo... this is quite frustrating! 

Ive searched all over the internet with no solution, please HELP

read more...
    0 1
  • New
    steverosen13
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-09-19

The options for Natplay source:    USB    is the only option.  What does it mean and why is it the only option?

0 5
    • steverosen13
      PedroRodrigues Hi steverosen13, please consider that you can use the Global NatPlay Source parameter to define a global signal source for the NaturalPlay feature.
      You can use this parameter if you want to make sure that only audio or control data from a specific source is used to determine key/scale.
      The Parameter settings are the following:

Auto:
      VoiceLive 3 “listens” to any audio or control data coming from the Guitar input/MIDI or USB port/Aux input/RoomSense microphones to determine the key/scale that should guide Harmony voices and HardTune.

Guitar:
      Audio received at the Guitar input is used to determine key/scale.

MIDI:
      MIDI note messages received at the MIDI IN jack are used to determine key/scale.

Aux:
      Audio received at the Aux input and Input is used to determine key/scale.

Room Sense:
      Audio received by the built-in RoomSense microphones is used to determine key/scale.
      • Tue at 12:59 AM
  • New
    vmollomo
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-19

Need help with understanding how to configure my Tc helicon Voicelive touch through my effects pedals and into the amp. 

I have guitar connected to the VLT input and output directly to amp works fine. Any other way I try VLT out to input in on pedals won't work

confused 

read more...
    0 4
    • vmollomo
      kiskadar69 So did you experience the following?
      1. If you plug the guitar into the "Guitar In" connector on the VoiceLive Touch and plug the "Guitar Thru" connector on the VoiceLive Touch into the guitar amp, the guitar will play.
      2. If you plug the guitar into the "Guitar In" jack on the VoiceLive Touch and plug the "Guitar Thru" jack on the VoiceLive Touch into the input on the guitar pedal and plug the output of the guitar pedal into the input on the guitar amp, the guitar will not play.
      • Mon at 1:33 AM
    • vmollomo
      PedroRodrigues Hi vmollomo, please consider that the Tc Helicon Voicelive Touch was designed to be connected directly to an Amp or a Desk but not to be set up with other pedals on a pedal Chain or even set up in a pedal board. Thank you
      • Mon at 1:45 AM
    • vmollomo
      vmollomo

• Mon at 4:03 AM
    • vmollomo
      vmollomo

• Mon at 4:03 AM
  • New
    Rjay17
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-19

Having an issue with tc helicon perfomer vg. The harmony  wont stay set on a 5th above. It returns to  5th below everytime I go to use it. I tried to reset it but it keeps going back to 5th below

0 1
    • Rjay17
      PedroRodrigues Hi Rjay17 ,please consider that the Harmony works slightly differently than the other effects, since there are more styles to choose from.

When you first hold the harmony button to enter edit mode, you’ll be greeted with a level control.

Unlike the other effects, this is simply a minimum to maximum control and applies regardless of which harmony style you’ve chosen.

Once in edit mode, tap the harmony button again to toggle between level control and style control.

Harmony styles are represented relative to the topmost (12 O’Clock) LED, which serves as an indicator of your lead voice.

Please check the images below.
      • Mon at 1:33 AM
  • New
    Fivetimes
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-09-17
    1. My pissed off self to start again...  grrr....  

View Video
    0 13
  • New
    ArchArmstrong
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-15

Hi,

I am new to tribe and joined up have just acquired as Behringer MS-1. I now realise that TC Helicon is part of the same group and I have been looking for support on an old (legacy/vintage...whatever) product that has had some issues ever since coming out of storage. I have a Voiceworks Plus but there seems to be no support for older products that I can find and very little on the web in general. Any suggestions on how/where to get support would be very helpful. Most other manufacturers that I have equipment from do a form of legacy support/advice, but I couldnt find anything on the site so far. 

Many thanks

read more...
    0 8
    • ArchArmstrong
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here from Music Tribe. Please submit a ticket by clicking on Support and then Technical Support for help with your Voiceworks.
      • Sep 15
    • ArchArmstrong
      ArchArmstrong Hi Kyle and Thanks for fast response. I did look at that option, but older models are not in the dropdown list, unless I am missing something. Wondering how to progress.
      • Sep 15
  • New
    In3On
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-14

Hi i have a problem,
    when i set on Dual Mono output option, i can hear only the voice signal on right XLR and no guitar signal on left xlr.

I've tried and search any option in all menus and tabs but anything seems to resolve this. May be a bug???

Thanks for all helps.

read more...
    0 3
    • In3On
      NicJonesMT Hi In3On.
      If you havent already please submit a technical support ticket and we can go through some trouble shooting steps with you.
      • Sep 14
    • In3On
      In3On

done

• Sep 14
  • New
    philcrew
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-14

Hi Guys,

When I tap on the TAP button to set my echo timing, the noise of my tapping is picked up by the mic (SM58).   

I've tried tapping *very* softly but the tapping noise is still passed through to the front of house system.

The mic and the Peform-VG are on the same mic stand.

Is there a work around that people use, eg a separate stand for the Perform-VG unit?   A better quality mic stand?   Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance

Phil

read more...
    0 11
  • New
    T3aztec
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-13

I switched from VLX3 extreme to an acoustic play.  The AUX output used to be on the vocal side of the XLR output.  On this acoustic play I have it set for vocal and guitar and it seems the AUX output is on the guitar side. Anyway to switch that?  I want to keep it Vocal on one channel and guitar on the other. But would like AUX to be on the vocal side 

read more...
    0 25
    • T3aztec
      PedroRodrigues Hi T3aztec please take in to account that you must use the Output parameter to set how signals are sent over the XLR outputs of Play Acoustic.

The unit offers several parameters that you can set up on the output stage such as:

1)-The Vocal/Guitar (DI) setting, with this setting, vocal and Aux signals are sent over one XLR connector, and guitar signals over the other XLR.

2)- With the Stereo setting, a stereo mix of Vocal, Guitar and Aux signals is sent over both XLR outputs

3)-With the Mono Setting all effected vocal and guitar sounds are sent via the left XLR output.
      Dry vocals, with Tone and pitch correction, if you have set the Pitch Cor Amt parameter on the Input page to a value other than zero, are sent via the right XLR output.

The unit also offers on the outputs stage tools such as the Vocal cancelation function and the Lead Mute parameter.
      The first tool that attempts to remove the vocals from a piece of music while the second tool mutes the lead vocal and only output the processed signals.

1)- With the Off setting/ On setting
      When it’s on “Off set mode” no processing is performed on the Aux input signal.
      When it’s on “On setting mode”, Play Acoustic will attempt to remove lead vocals from a piece of music.
      This will create “Karaoke” style music for you to sing along to, including key information for harmony generation.

2)- With the Off setting/ On setting
      When the Lead Mute parameter has the “Off setting” activated Lead Vocals are routed to the main mix.
      When the Lead Mute parameter has the “On setting” activated Lead vocals are removed from the main mix.

I hope this clarifies the options you have available to configure your unit and how you must set it up to reflect your creative intentions.
      For a more in-depth information on how to set up your unit please follow the link below to access the full guide and all the resources available for your PLAY ACOUSTIC.

https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0DEF
      • Sep 14
Go to page