Statistics

306,224 members
190,592 posts
  • New
    dayofshah
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-12

thank you to @kiskadar69 for responding to my previous question. I thought it'd be clearer to ask this follow up as a new question and thanks in advance to anyone who can help. Im using the TC-Helicon 996356005 VoiceLive Play Vocal Effect Processor. I just learned I should be using HardTune to pitch correct my live vocals (I'd been using Harmony).  So now Im hoping someone can please advise me on:

1) What STYLE I should use within HardTune for live vocal performances. Im a rapper. I dont want that blatantly autotuned sound but my delivery of higher notes is poor. It seems my best options are "correct natural" or "correct chromatic" (Pop would sound too tuned ie that Cher/TPain sound). Any advice?

and

2) how much should I 'SHIFT' within HardTune for live vocals? I'm guessing this depends on how far my delivered notes are from the intended notes. If there a general best practice here? or a specific way to determinine this for each song? 

Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!

read more...
    0 12
  • New
    dayofshah
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-10

Hello all, I'm hoping someone can help me with this somewhat urgent TC helicon question (and thank you in advance): 

The sales person at Sweetwater instructed me to enter the key (to pitchcorrect my voice for live performances) in the Harmonies tab, under Effects. But page 14 of the manual refers to "Pitch Cor Amount" and says "For a natural sound, we find that 50% or less is a good place to start" but Im not seeing anywhere in the Harmonies section under Effects to adjust the Pitchcorrection amount.  It also seems counterintuitive to insert the key for pitchcorrecting my (lead/primary) vocals  under the Harmonies section.

So if someone can please advise me where exactly I should be inserting the key for a song to pitchcorrect my vocals when performing that song live, I'd really appreciate it. (And also if someone can inform me where to adjust the Pitch Correction Amount)

Thank you so much

read more...
    1 10
    • dayofshah
      kiskadar69 Generally speaking, there are a wide range of pitch corrections in TC-Helicon devices:
      1. There is a global setting where you cannot enter a key because it corrects to the nearest semitone.
      2. There is the HardTune function.
      3. There is the Harmony function, which generates the sound of virtual background singers.

Which TC-Helicon model are we talking about exactly?
      • Oct 11
      • Where to adjust Pitch Correction TC Helicon?
        dayofshah thank you so much for responding. The model is TC-Helicon 996356005 VoiceLive Play Vocal Effect Processor Pedal. Your answer clarifies HardTune is the effect for pitch correcting of my (lead) voice during live performances, and not Harmoney (which is what Ive been using).

So the questions now are,

1) Can you please let me know what STYLE you advise I use? I dont want a blatantly autotuned sound, but my delivery of higher notes is still poor. Based on what Ive read here, my best options are "correct natural" or "correct chromatic". But Im not sure?

and

2) how much do you recommend I 'SHIFT'? I'm guessing this is based on how far off my delivery is from the intended note, and so it may vary by song. But if you can give a general approach, or a way of determining this for each song, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you so much
        • Oct 11
  • New
    AlexandreZambra
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-10-07

Hi.

My VL3X presented an issue today.

Mic and guitar signals are ok, but there's no output even on headphones.

If I turn DOUBLE or Reverb on, the effect works but the dry sound doesn't.

I already set to factory settings and updated the firmware, but nothing happened.

I don't know what to do.

Thanks in advance.

read more...
    0 12
    • AlexandreZambra
      PedroRodrigues Hi AlexandreZambra, thank you for your post, I would suggest following the link below and update your VL3X firmware following the guidance and using the tools provided.

https://wsi.li/dl/iQXKiQ2zp5RCziA3J/

The VOICELIVE 3 EXTREME Output can be set up set up in different configurations such as the XLR Output Tab, the XLR Output Level parameter and the different Guitar Jacks Mode.

You can use the XLR Output Mode parameter to select the output mode for VL3X.

Parameter settings:

Stereo:

-The left XLR output jack carries the left stereo channel.

-The right XLR output jack carries the right stereo channel.

Mono:

-The left XLR output jack carries the summed (with effects) mono vocal & guitar channel signals.

-The right XLR output jack carries the mono vocal signal without effects.

-The dry channel includes Tone and Auto-Chromatic Pitch Correction (if applicable).

-The dry channel does not contain HardTune effect(s).

Dual Mono:

-The left XLR output jack carries the summed (with effects) mono vocal channel.

-The right XLR output jack carries the summed (with effects) mono guitar channel.

You can also use the XLR Output Level parameter to set the relative level of the signal going to the XLR outputs.

Parameter settings:

Mic Level:
      Typically, the best setting when connecting to a mixer/PA. This level closely replicates that of a microphone going directly into the mixer.

Line Level:
      When connecting to a mixer/PA line inputs, this setting is a good choice.

When it comes to Guitar Jacks Mode you may select from three modes to direct your backing track and guitar to the guitar outputs. Especially when working with Backing Tracks, this allows for maximum flexibility.

The Guitar settings acts as the “normal” or “default” mode, sending guitar signals from the ¼” outputs in mono or stereo (depending on whether you have one or both jacks connected).

With the Track L / Guitar R setting, Backing Tracks (summed mono) are sent out the left Guitar ¼” output, while your guitar signal (summed mono) is sent out the Right Guitar ¼” output.
      With the Backing Track setting, Backing Tracks are routed to the guitar outs.

If both outputs are connected, the signal is in stereo. If one is connected, the signal is summed to mono.

This mode allows you to have a two-component Backing Track where “the click” is sent to one ¼” output and “the track” to the other. These signals can then be independently routed wherever you wish.
      Usually, you will have “the track” go to the front-of-house mixer and “the click” to a stage/ monitor mix or the drummer.

If you’re listening to Backing Tracks over your headphones, you’ll hear the split tracks as described here, with “the click” on one side and “the track” in the other.

For a tutorial on PA basics, Yorkville has an extremely useful “PA Primer” guide (PDF):

https://yorkville.com/downloads/other/basicpaprimer.pdf

There is also a great video episode covering Mixer Setup with TC-Helicon devices:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq0AOtafIjs

I hope this helps

Thank you
      • Oct 8
  • New
    groshat
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-05
    Hello,
    I downloaded and installed version 1.1.02 for mac of voicesupport 2, and now it gives me the following message: The application “VoiceSupport2” can’t be opened.
    and also this message: “VoiceSupport2” will damage your computer. You should move it to the Bin.
    What could be the problem ? 
    I downloaded the app from the official TC Helicon website.
    read more...
    0 6
    • groshat
      WilliamR We have recently posted The latest mac build on the website and should no longer have any issues. It should install without warning about malware having any issues launching.
      • Oct 5
  • New
    rasky
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-10-02

I'm having a hard time finding any documentation on the switch3 mapping features of the latest firmware for Voicelive Play.

I am trying to map any one of the switches to the "hit" function so I can trigger it remotely.

Thank you

read more...
    0 5
    • rasky
      kiskadar69 Starting from a certain firmware, the blue VoiceLive Play has a CONTROL parameter, which must be set to "CUSTOM", so the Switch-3 switches can be programmed with the following functions: Loop Rec/Play, Loop Stop/Clear, Loop Undo, Loop Start/Stop, 1 BTN Looper, Tap Tempo, Harmony On/Off, Delay On/Off, uMod On/Off, Transducer On/Off, Hardtune On/Off, Doubling On/Off, Reverb On/Off, Preset Down, Preset Up, Hit. If you assign the Harmony or Delay function to one of the buttons, you can also select the momentary mode for both separately.
      Unfortunately the procedure is not described in the VoiceLive Play manual (TC-Helicon has not updated the manual). Press the SETUP button and scroll to the tab where the Switch-3 mode can be set (LOOP MODE or CUSTOM). If no such setting is found, the VoiceLive Play firmware must be updated.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6j19MT5E90&t=2m15s
      • Oct 2
  • New
    Jeffbonilla
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-09-29

I recently pulled out my voice live one to practice for a live gig. It's been about ten years since last used it. It fired up and the digital display is working properly but I'm not getting any output or signal. I've tried it on a PA system, amplifier and even garage band. All of these worked before but maybe my set up is wrong since it has been ten years. Mic goes into xlr input and the xlr out is what goes into the amp or daw interface and guitar can run through the guitar input right?  am missing a step or plugging into the wrong place? 

read more...
    0 6
    • Jeffbonilla
      kiskadar69 This is a VoiceLive Touch.

1. When you sing into the microphone, does the LED on the front panel flash green? If not, try adjusting the Input Level Control pot on the side (there's a "mic" picture next to it).
      2. If you have a condenser mic, you'll need to turn on the phantom power in VoiceLive Touch.
      3. Do you hear any signal at the TRS OUT L and R connectors?

Manuals: https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0DLT
      • Sep 29
    • Jeffbonilla
      Jeffbonilla

Thank you I will try those suggestions

• Sep 29
    • Jeffbonilla
      Jeffbonilla

I think it’s broken. It’s not even picking up the guitar.

• Sep 29
    • Jeffbonilla
      kiskadar69 4. PERFORMING A RESET
      You can return all setup, preset and Favorite values to factory values in one reset operation.This cannot be undone. To reset all:
      4.1. Power up
      4.2. When the version number is shown in the display hold the Bass, Low and the top Octave harmony voicing buttons until you see “Factory Init”.
      4.3. Release.

5. "it’s not even picking up the guitar": if you plug the guitar into GUITAR IN, is GUITAR THRU completely silent?

6. Are you using the correct power supply (12VDC, center negative, minimum 1A)?
      • Sep 30
  • New
    yogigiyo08
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-09-27

in my voicelive play, my firmware version is: 1.5.00 B74. when I check on voicesupport2 software, firmware update on 1.4.00 build 70. should I downgrade?

0 13
    • yogigiyo08
      yogigiyo08 onmy voice support 2 software
      • Sep 27
    • yogigiyo08
      kiskadar69 If you have the blue VoiceLive Play effect and the current v1.5.00 Build 74 works properly (e.g. no guitar effect settings), I don't think you should downgrade.
      • Sep 28
  • New
    RobiD
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-09-26

Hi,

Hoping for some help or guidance on this.

I've had the VK for probably 2 years.  When I first got it, I set up channel 3 to receive midi and this has work great all this time. I set Program changes and CC# all on this channel including note data for harmonies.

Today I had to reset the unit to factory defaults. Now when I try to set to Channel 3, I am getting multiple channels setting to receive midi instead of just channel 3.  I have tried many different ways of only sending data/note/s from keyboard (Novation Launchkey mini), via Roland UMone, then through cakewalk to set the channel to send on. No matter what I do, multiple channels are setting. I have followed the manual instructions. From Cakewalk, I solo channel 3, hold down set while pressing notes on the keyboard. I've tried short holds all the way to very long holds. If I aim to set channel 3, channels 3 to 11 are now receiving midi data. If I try to just set channel 16, then I get: 16 plus 1 to 7.

Am I missing something simple. It has been sometime since I first set this up. I have read over and over the manual but to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

Robi.

read more...
    0 13
    • RobiD
      kiskadar69 I think this is because the "8 channel natural" (8 spaced rainbow dots) or "8 channel tight" (8 closed rainbow dots) harmony setting is selected. Choose another harmony setting. See page 6 ("Editing Effects") of the "TC-Helicon Perform-VK User Manual".
      • Sep 26
  • New
    gpinedo
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-09-02

Hi there!

I tried to install the voice support app on my Mac M1 & on a win 10 computer and each had the same errors.

I have a TC-Helicon play acoustic that I like to handle & update if possible.

I read about that issue in 2018's thread of this forum and in some reply becomes fixed, but now is present again.

Please, does anybody have fresh information about that issue? How can I update & set up my play acoustic now?

Thanks in advance!

read more...
    2 125
    • gpinedo
      PedroRodrigues Hi gpinedo, thank you for your post, we are aware of this situation and we are working as fast as possible to overcome this issue. Please bear with us. Thank you so much
      • Sep 2
      • Voice Support app unable to connect to internet & unable to load required control files (mac & windows)
        ExecutorService Thanks, pedro. Will you post here when the problem is fixed? Thanks.
        • ·
        • Sep 2
      • Voice Support app unable to connect to internet & unable to load required control files (mac & windows)
        bsbaf782 I'm having the same problem!!! I've already tested it on MAC first and it didn't work, then on Windows and nothing!!!
        • Sep 2
        gpinedo Hi PedroRodrigues, it has been a month and a half since I posted this thread to report this problem, will it be solved soon? All TC-Helicon customers including me would appreciate any solution to be able to have our TC devices working properly with the necessary setup and updates.
        thanks in advance for any info.
        • Oct 19
    • gpinedo
      PedroRodrigues

Hi ExecutorService, thank you for your contact, that is correct, we will post this information here and in our Social Media. Thank you

• Sep 2
    • gpinedo
      bsbaf782 Estou passando pelo mesmo problema!!! Já testei no MAC em primeiro lugar e não deu certo, depois no windows e nada!!!
      • Sep 2
        PedroRodrigues Ola bsbaf782, obrigado pelo seu post, como mencionei anteriormente neste post, é um problema interno que estamos a tentar resolver o mais depressa possivel. Qualquer update relacionado com esta situação sera vinculado via Community. As nossas desculpas pelo inconveniente. Obrigado
        • ·
        • Sep 2
    • gpinedo
      dio123castro I'm having the same problem!! not work in windows
      • Sep 5
        PedroRodrigues Hi dio123castro, thank you for your post, we are aware of this situation and we are working as fast as possible to overcome this issue. Please bear with us. Thank you so much
        • Sep 5
    • gpinedo
      Grzesik The problem has been going on for over a week. Is anyone fixing this fault?
      • Sep 6
  • New
    helenane
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-09-26

Hello everyone and thanks for your help.
    After testing the Looper of Voicelive 3, I have 2 questions for which I didn't find the answers in the manual, or in any tutorial. Can anyone with more experience help me with some advice?

1. Which is the maximum length for an imported loop in Voicelive 3 or the maximum length of a loop that one can use in a preset slot? (also because I'm trying to imagine the benefit of a backing track compared to a loop "as long as a song").

2. After testing the looper overdub, I tried to find out if there is any possible way to use the overdub for comping (I mean, using the overdub to replace a vocal take with a better one, so RECORDING THE NEW TAKE IN THE PLACE OF THE PREVIOUS ONE, not just overlapping the vocals and recording the new take over the previous take).?

Thanks a lot.

read more...
    0 2
Go to page