Statistics

294,687 members
177,809 posts
  • New
    Seemam3
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-09

I have a Play Acoustic and love the presets. Thinking about buying a Singthing just to use as a quick and easy practice amp/voice processor and have been trying in vain to find a list of the preset vocal effects on the Singthing. It would be nice if they were the same as on the Play Acoustic since those are the ones I use when performing.

read more...
    0 179
    • Seemam3
      PedroRodrigues Hi,Keith, Please be aware that with the Control Knob, you use it to scroll through presets, adjust level settings, control effects parameters, and more! Press the knob while on the home screen to select the displayed preset as one of your favorites.
      With the Navigation Buttons you can switch between presets.
      Connect the unit with VoiceSupport to manage your presets and keep your products updated with our latest firmware, please follow the link below to access VOICESUPPORT https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CMP
      • December 10, 2020
      • Looking for Preset List on Singthing
        Seemam3 I think there is some confusion. I know how to access the presets and adjust them and save them to favorites. I don't need that or updated firmware. What I want to know is this... If I buy a SingThing, are the same vocal effect presets going to be available that are available on my Play Acoustic? For example, the factory preset #7 is Rockabilly Slap on my Play Acoustic. Will I find that same preset on the SingThing? I use my Play Acoustic for performing but am thinking about getting a SingThing as a practice amp and want to make sure it will have the same vocal effects on it that I am currently using on my Play Acoustic. Sorry if that wasn't clear. A list of factory presets on the SingThing is really what I was after and I cannot find a text list of it anywhere.
        • ·
        • December 10, 2020
      • Looking for Preset List on Singthing
        PedroRodrigues Hi Keith, unfortunately the SingThing does not have the same presets than the Play Acoustic.
        • December 11, 2020
  • New
    CityTribe76
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-06

I usually use my tc helicon Voicelive 2 with an expression pedal to control and modulate the level of the harmonies during live performances. Now I'm thinking to buy the harmony singer 2 because I need something more smart and portable, but I'm wondering if I can follow using my expression pedal to control the harmony level and how. Thank you for your support

read more...
    0 149
    • CityTribe76
      kiskadar69 Harmony Singer 2 has no expression pedal input.
      • December 7, 2020
    • CityTribe76
      kiskadar69 To the best of my knowledge, neither the TC-Helicon Play series nor the TC-Helicon Perform series accept expression pedals. VoiceLive 2 is perfect for the job.
      A small vocal effect could be a workaround, with only the vocals without harmony appearing on the first output and only harmony on the second output. The volume of the second output should be controlled with a normal volume pedal.
      • December 7, 2020
  • New
    rexgraveley
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-20

I have recently purchased a Perform VG and have been loving it. However my last gig was ruined by it producing a VERY loud buzz through the amp (when I connected the mic and guitar directly to the amp they were fine but, of course, I lost the vocal harmonies). The TAB button was illuminated (a function I have never used) and I could not get it to turn off. Even after a factory reset it is still illuminated. Doea anyone have any suggestions? I hope that it does not mean that the unit is faulty as I bought it from the USA and I am in New Zealand!! Thanks for any help with this. Rex

read more...
    0 127
    • rexgraveley
      PedroRodrigues Hi Rex Can you please confirm that to reset the unit back to factory settings, press and hold the Vocal Echo and Harmony buttons while powering up?
      I presume that you are setting up the unit as per image below

Please confirm that the cables that you are using are in good conditions and you are using the original PSU without any adaptors.
      As last point please note that using guitar THRU will mute all guitar sounds in Perform-VG. Chords will still be detected for NaturalPlay harmony, but the intent is to connect to other pedals/amps instead of hearing guitar from VG. If you change the guitar level via the MIX button while the THRU is connected, the guitar signal will become available again via both THRU and MIC OUT, should you want a dry signal for guitar in addition to the mixed vocal/guitar output. To re-mute the guitar in the MIC OUT, plug and re-plug the THRU or GUITAR IN.
      I hope this helps.
      • November 20, 2020
      • Perform VG producing loud hum in amp
        rexgraveley Hi Pedro, Yes, I did the factory reset as per the manual. The connections were made as in your picture (and they have worked beautifully like that up to now) with the instrument plugged into the Guitar socket. The cables were good and worked fine with no buzz when I connected them directly to the amp. I was using the original PSU.
        • November 20, 2020
        rexgraveley The Tap button seems to have become permanently activated somehow.
        • ·
        • November 20, 2020
        PedroRodrigues Have you tried to perform a FW update via Voice Support? Please proceed and perform the update
        • November 23, 2020
        rexgraveley Sorry, Pedro, I don't understand what a FW update is nor how to contact voice support.
        • November 23, 2020
    • rexgraveley
      rexgraveley I found a video to show me how to upgrade but having downloaded the Voice support 2 and scanning for my device I get 'Device in use. Perform-VG is being used by another application' although I have nothing plugged in. When I click on the 'more info' button it says 'We can’t connect to the server at music-group.force.com' so I get nothing. How do I proceed?
      • November 24, 2020
    • rexgraveley
      rexgraveley Sorry, please ignore the above. By restarting the Perform-VG I got the firmware update to load......the problem is still the same. I think that it must be a problem with the unit. Do you know how I go about returning it to TC Helicon under guarantee?
      • November 24, 2020
    • rexgraveley
      rexgraveley I raised a care ticket #CAS-395220-J4R2B5 about this. It has now been annotated as 'problem solved' but I have received nothing from TC Helicon and cannot see how to get access to any solution on the care ticket. How do I go about resolving this?
      • December 6, 2020
    • rexgraveley
      slynes15

I had a loud buzzing right out of the package. Toggling the ground switch was the trick. This should be mentioned in the quick start guide and manual!

• Apr 1
  • New
    hammarlund
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-05

My options for inputs: I can input chording/harmony base signals either via guitar port or Aux port, whichever makes more sense (I don't know if I have more control over shutting down Aux output...?)

Ideal scenario: I would like to send HARMONY ONLY to one output, and MAIN VOCAL ONLY, NO HARMONY, AUX, OR GUITAR, to the other output.

I know that the Play can generate vocal effects and harmonies WITHOUT outputting the underlying signal, when it is working in "room sense" mode.  I want it to work that way even if I provide it with a cleaner signal through guitar or aux port.  Can this be done?

Second-best scenario: I would like to send HARMONY ONLY to one output--even if I'm stuck with a mix on the rest.  I'd just use the harmony output alone; this is annoying and a waste of resources, but I'll live w/ it.

Thanks!

read more...
    0 50
    • hammarlund
      kiskadar69 1. Set SETUP/OUTPUT to MONO.
      2. Set SETUP/LEAD_MUTE to On.
      3. In VOCAL FX, you have to turn off all effects blocks except for Harmony (ie Double, Delay, Reverb, Hardtune, Transducer, uMod).

Lead vocal will be sent via the right XLR output. Harmony and Guitar sounds will be sent via the left XLR output so the guitar output sound needs to be turned off in some way.
      • December 5, 2020
      • Play Acoustic, how to?   Output 1=harmony only; Output 2=solo voice
        hammarlund Hmm.

I did not consider the "turn off all other effects' idea.

Maybe I can combine the "vocal / guitar DI" setting, which puts vocals all on one channel and guitar on the other, with the "Lead Mute" parameter. Then I should have a harmony channel.
        • December 7, 2020
        kiskadar69 For the Play series, if any of the Double, Delay, Reverb, Hardtune, Transducer, or uMod effects are turned on, I think the Lead effect section will always be heard on the "non-dry" vocal output.
        • December 7, 2020
    • hammarlund
      kiskadar69 The Play Acoustic has no dedicated Guitar Out or Guitar Thru, which is nonsense.
      • December 5, 2020
        hammarlund Thanks! This doesn't solve my problem, really--I have tons of options to capture my lead vocals and guitar but I can only get Harmony out of the Play.

This is, at the least, SCREAMING for a basic firmware update: the Play (non-acoustic) has "dual mono" and the Play Acoustic does not.
        • December 7, 2020
  • New
    Lui66
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-03

Hi.

I have a problem with my new new vl3x and I am searching for a solution. Maybe you can help.

I am Looping.

Im doing a loop on track A. Then a loop on track B (starts anywhere in the middle of A). Both with in=guitar. A and B plays together. When track B repeats, there is always a loud crack/noise. Is there maybe a kind of a crossfader parameter, which I didnt see?

Like this, one can not play live with the vl3x.

Thanks in advance

Regardes

Lui

read more...
    0 58
  • New
    Larry2
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-04

I am using a Perform VK in a live situation with a 5 piece band without an instrument plugged directly just using the onboard mic. It performs well in most situations but I need to know if there are any specific mic techniques or other tips to obtain a better overall result. 

Thanks,

Steve

read more...
    0 53
    • Larry2
      PedroRodrigues Hi Larry, you have a few tips on the manual that you can check but as an example you can use the combination of the built-in Room Sense microphone and music coming into the AUX input to automatically pick the right key/scale for the harmony voices, you will need to have a chorded instrument near the Room Sense mic and/or music with chord information coming into the AUX input for this to work. Please follow the link below to access the manual for this unit https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0DEE. Thank you
      • December 4, 2020
  • New
    ChrisPotter1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-27

I have a VoiceLiveplay and the internal power connection is done. Tried a new power adapter with no success. 

I started a service request but, I have no idea how to find it or what to do next. Can anyone point me towards how to get this dealt with or what is supposed to happen next?

Thanks 

read more...
    0 73
    • ChrisPotter1
      RexBeckett Hi Chris, if you submitted a Care ticket for Service Repair you should get a confirmation email. Keep watch on your email spam/junk folder in case it ends-up there. It could be a few days before you get additional emails about the case. You should also be able to see the status of your ticket by clicking on Support at the top of this page then scrolling down and selecting Care Portal.
      • November 27, 2020
    • ChrisPotter1
      ChrisPotter1 Thanks Rex
      • November 29, 2020
  • New
    Rycroft
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-28

ok,ok help me ....

SO I wanna hear the varoius sounds of the MET on my voicelive 3.

What have I missed..?Turn MET on selected the instrument I wanna Hear.... Get the Flashy Flashy thing... Thats Nice...Guitar and Voice, Hear great, Sounds real sexy..... How come I cant hear the MET...  Mute is NOT on, just in case youre asking...LOL

Is there a hidden volume button for the Met  anywhere?

Cheers

read more...
    0 64
    • Rycroft
      PetGerbil Have you looked in the "mix" section.? (Twiddle one of the four small knobs should bring it up) Depending on how you are listening to it ie. headphones or main outputs, you can set whether it comes out of just the headphones or both phones and outputs. In the "mix" part you can set their relative volumes and what goes where,
      • November 28, 2020
    • Rycroft
      Rycroft Thank you for quick reply... Checked it out, still nuffin I'm sorry to say...
      • November 28, 2020
    • Rycroft
      Rycroft Pet Gerbil: Thank you problem resolved..... Cable output not connected correctly...... But your info helped a lot....
      • November 28, 2020
  • New
    DennisMilsom
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-11-27

All I can seem to get on my Perform VK is a minimum of two voices in the harmony, all I want is one. Is this possible?

Thanks

0 71
    • DennisMilsom
      kiskadar69 Yes. Choose Natural Play mode, then High, Higher, Low, or Lower mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBQL0z8EiQU

1. Green dots, one or two: Naturalplay (High, Higher, Low, Lower, High+Low, High+Higher, Higer+Lower, Low+Lower)
      2. Green dots, 8: 1-channel MIDI-Notes. Spaced: Notes Natural. Closed: Notes tight (humanization turned down/off).
      3.Rainbow dots, 8: 8-channel MIDI notes. Spaced: Notes natural. Closed: Notes tight.
      • November 28, 2020
    • DennisMilsom
      kiskadar69 Perform-VK manual is very limited. Maybe TC-Helicon thinks no one is reading the manuals anymore?
      • November 28, 2020
    • DennisMilsom
      DennisMilsom Thanks - if I can ask what is "Natural Mode" and how do you choose it? btw I read the manual but it is unclear on these points, well to me it is.
      • November 28, 2020
    • DennisMilsom
      kiskadar69 1.Naturalplay mode is when you play a chord into the vocal effect (via the jack input or MIDI) and you also sing into it and the vocal effect guesses the right harmony. In the attached video, this is shown in part from 0: 0 to 4:08. Also read the TC-Helicon Perform-VG User Manual, pages 6-9 describe the setting of harmony in Naturalplay mode in more detail than in the Perform-VK documentation.

2. Notes mode is when you "play" the notes of harmony directly into the vocal effect via MIDI. This is only available for vocal effects with MIDI In.
      • November 28, 2020
    • DennisMilsom
      DennisMilsom Cool thanks again, and for the tip re the different manual - haha, you'd THINK they'd be the same
      • November 28, 2020
  • New
    Yrsa
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-27

How do I connect headphones to my Mic Mechanic? 

0 94
    • Yrsa
      kiskadar69 It is not possible directly. One possible solution is to plug the output of the Mic Mechanic into one of the inputs of a mixer and plug a headphone into the headphone output of the mixer.
      • November 27, 2020
      • Mic Mechanic 2
        Yrsa Thank you. Can you recommend a mixer that’s not too expensive?
        • November 28, 2020
Go to page