Statistics

294,687 members
177,809 posts
  • New
    josephst9
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-27

Hi

I would like to know how i can use an external volume pedal with my TCH play acoustic? i got a Valeton Surge EP2 but i am not sure how to connect it and use it with the pedal jack on the TCHPA. Thanks in advance

Joe

0 73
    • josephst9
      PetGerbil Do you want to use it as a Volume pedal, or an Expression pedal ? as it looks like that pedal can do both. The socket on the back of the Play-A is expecting an Expression pedal, which you would connect a stereo jack lead from Valeton output to. (leave the input of the pedal empty)

If you want to use it as a Volume pedal, then connect the guitar to Valeton input then the output to the Play-Acoustic input. (not the pedal jack input)
      • November 27, 2020
      • External volume pedal for TCH Play acoustic
        josephst9 Thanks Pet for your response. I am actually looking to use this for controling the volume of the voice part. The scenario is, when i am singing in church, i wanted to control the volume between prayers and singing (higher volume for singing and medium volume for prayers/responses). So i picked this up to see if i could use this for volume control
        • November 27, 2020
    • josephst9
      kiskadar69 To the best of my knowledge, Play Acoustic cannot use the expression pedals plugged into its pedal input. It works with Switch-3 (or compatible) and Switch-6 pedals, and Play Acoustic must be configured accordingly.
      • November 27, 2020
        PetGerbil Aaahhh. Ooops. my apologies then. Thanks for the info kiskadar69. I assumed too much,

In that case....ahem.. Use it as a volume control, Joseph. either in between the mic and the Play-acoustic or Play acoustic and amp/pa/mixer.
        • November 27, 2020
    • josephst9
      PetGerbil I haven't looked at what you can assign the expression pedal to on a Play-A, but I should think Volume should be do-able. Of the two, I think I'd use it as an expression pedal plugged in the back and then set it to control volume.
      • November 27, 2020
        PetGerbil ignore this...see above
        • November 27, 2020
  • New
    ZardoZ7
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-24

As much as I love this damned box (only got it a few days ago, and the hours just disappear) there's a couple of things that are really, really frustrating for me.  

How difficult do they have to make it to locate the voicesupport software on their website?  I swear, I saw it once when I was on a tablet that wasn't sufficient to download it, and now I've been looking for about 15 minutes, no luck.  If it's the key to fully unlocking my hardware, why is it being hidden from me?  Is this a freaking Zelda game?

Why is it so difficult to find a list of presets and how they're built to look at, let alone print out?  Right now I'm having to go through manually and write this stuff down on a pad of paper with a pencil.  It wasn't in the manual, it's not online anywhere I can find, is this a state secret?  I mean I already know the answer to everything is 42, and if you haven't bought the box what good is the list?  Is it a Slugworth/Wonka thing?  

Sorry if this seems peevish, but I feel like I'm wasting valuable time searching for crap that should have been provided front and center when I ponied up bucks deluxe for the box.  

read more...
    0 66
    • ZardoZ7
      PedroRodrigues Hi Gregor, please be aware that you for all the functions that you mention you should use VoiceSupport that is the software that will allow you to interface your unit with a computer and will allow to perform updates, store and manage pre-sets and much more. To access VoiceSupport please follow the link below https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CMP
      • November 24, 2020
    • ZardoZ7
      PetGerbil Also, go to https://www.voiceliveeditor.com/

and download the free editor. It makes everything sooo much easier. The paid for version has got more features but the free version will do most of what anybody could want.
      • November 24, 2020
    • ZardoZ7
      ZardoZ7 Thanks for the links Pedro and Pet.
      • November 24, 2020
  • ronny
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-10-21

Hi does the voicelive touch 2 output midi as in patch change ?

Thanks Ronny

0 70
    • ronny
      PedroRodrigues Hi,Ronny if you are referring to Program Change, where the program change number will be affiliated with a particular type of patch, for full MIDI descriptions please follow the link below
      https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CMG
      • October 22, 2020
    • ronny
      ronny Hi
      • October 22, 2020
    • ronny
      ronny hi i meant will VoiceLive touch 2 tell my helix to change a patch over midi or is the midi din on the back just midi in? Thanks Ronny
      • October 22, 2020
    • ronny
      ronny bump
      • November 21, 2020
      • midi
        PedroRodrigues Hi, please be aware that via the MIDI Input, you ca connect the MIDI Out of a keyboard, audio workstation or MIDI sequencer to the MIDI input of the VoiceLive Touch 2 to control harmony and select presets.
        The USB Connector, you can connect VoiceLive Touch 2 to a computer to transferring audio and MIDI signals.
        For more information on please see the full MIDI implementation for this unit
        • November 23, 2020
    • ronny
      ronny So the Din is a 'midi in' thanks
      • November 23, 2020
  • New
    ronny
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-11-19

Hi anyone know the current draw of the VL touch 2 or is anyone using the Cioks 7 to power one with success ?Thanks Ronny

0 53
    • ronny
      Nigel67 Hi Ronny, this depends on the country that you live in, but the max power consumption specified in the Quick Start Guide for the unit is less than 14 Watts so you will have to use this in your calculation. Therefore if you are in the USA, it will be 14/110= 0.13 Amps, or UK 14/240= 0.06 Amps.
      • November 19, 2020
    • ronny
      ronny Hi nigel in the UK, they normally have a higher milliamp draw at startup that's what i need to know . thanks
      • November 21, 2020
  • New
    Floydrose2005
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-18

Hi

I've just bought a voicelive extreme and had a question about the automation steps in backing track playback.

For the song living on a prayer, there is a key change at the end of the song. What is the best way to use hardtune for this? Can I use 2 different hardtune presets in one song?

Thanks

read more...
    0 88
    • Floydrose2005
      PedroRodrigues Hi David please be aware that on the VL3X you need to think of the Preset as a “container” for the vocal/guitar effects settings, of the Backing Track and the performance data that you have recorded.
      Accordingly, when you load the Preset, all of these components are loaded too.
      When a Backing Track is associated with a Preset, holding the “Layer” button will enter the Backing Track player, rather than the looper. From the Backing Track player, you can control playback and sequence recording for that Preset.
      When you want the “HardTune” sound, choose the “Pop” style.
      It takes some practice to sing the right way and get the most out of HardTune. Practice sliding and gliding from note to note, in order to emphasize the jumps in pitch provided by the “Pop” setting. After a while, you will be able to enhance the effect as you sing.
      When you are using HardTune with a wedge monitor or in-ear monitors (IEMs), it’s totally normal to hear some “phasing” type sounds as your natural voice interacts with the corrected voice output from VL3X.
      If you would like subtle correction that still respects any key/scale you have set for Harmony, try the “Correct Natural” style.
      To emulate some of the effects used on the Beatles recordings, try the “Gender Bender” style and turn the Gender control down a few clicks to slightly lower the sound of your voice.
      Any time the HardTune effect is active, Global Pitch Correction settings in the Setup menu are temporarily overwritten.
      When the HardTune effect is turned off, any settings from Global Pitch Correction will reactivate.
      For more information please follow the link below to access the page 103 of the VL3X manual that will provide you a more detailed information on this matter.
      https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0DEG
      I hope this helps
      Thank you
      • November 19, 2020
      • Voicelive extreme key change in song
        Floydrose2005 Hi Pedro thanks for the reply.
        • ·
        • November 19, 2020
        Floydrose2005 I understand the above. Is it possible to have 2 different pitch correction presets in 1 container?
        • November 19, 2020
        PetGerbil Yep, "Steps" are what you need., I can't precisely remember how you do it, But you set the preset how you want, Save it,then copy it to a new preset. Change just the hardtune setting on the new preset.save that.(making sure to remember what preset number it is.) Then go back to your original preset and create a step,when you do this you tell it what preset to fill the "step" slot with. (2nd preset) It's a way of having multiple presets in one preset. When you press the step button it will cycle between the steps. (It doesn't jump to the new preset,which is what i thought it did at first, It copies the contents into the first preset.) You can have multiple "steps"
        • ·
        • November 19, 2020
    • Floydrose2005
      Floydrose2005 Hi Pet, sounds good I'll give it a try. Thanks
      • November 20, 2020
  • New
    jape10
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-17

Yesterday I was update new effects in via Voicelive-software, using USB connection...it works like allways but then suddenly none buttons dont answer anymore...none. So I take power cable out and wait a bit, put it back ...all lights just flash 1sec and then just creen stay shine in blue light and nothing else...no text in it and all buttons no signal lights. I wait over night and do it again...same result. How can I put it back in factory setup?

read more...
    0 54
  • New
    LiamOfArc
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-17

I'm at a stalemate with my decision of what voicelive processes to get.

Now I have actually 3 in mind

VL2

VL3X

VL Rack

There is an extra choir effect on the VL3X but the digital out on the VL2 & VL Rack means I can us my Audient Nero converters when using the device to monitor giving me better detail and feedback.

Am I losing much if I get either the VL2 or VL Rack over the VL3X?

I will be using this for studio use and do not need the loops as such because I can do that in Ableton.

Maybe I can get a choir effect separately also ?

Having the digital put means I can get a spidf corx to optical converter to also feed a Goxlr so I can stream music creation with less analog conversation.

Or should I go with the VL3X and have another interface with digital outs for mixing and mastering?

Having the digital outs kinda makes it simpler and then easier to do everything in one place.

Anyone know why they did away with the digital ins and outs?

Orrrrrr..... does anyone know if a new VL Rack is coming out in the near future?

read more...
    0 40
    • LiamOfArc
      PedroRodrigues Hi Liam, thank you for your contact, for your description I would suggest the Voice Live 3 Extreme but please have in to consideration that none of these unit will allows a multitrack interaction via USB, all the units that you mentioned allow via USB a stereo signal integration . It is also important to consider that will not be possible to integrate any of these unit with another A/D/C as this will generate oversample and other issue that that will cause signal degradation among other problems. In relation to your last question please be aware that at this moment we cannot make any comments in relations to any new releases and we advise all customers to keep an eye on our social media of any updates. Thank you
      • November 17, 2020
    • LiamOfArc
      LiamOfArc huummm then my best bet is to spend less, go with a perform-vk and get another interface for the mixing and mastering stages.
      • November 17, 2020
    • LiamOfArc
      LiamOfArc I did want to try to keep it all to one unit, and the factor of the digital going strait in to the goxlr would mean the best possible audio translation when streaming and creating YouTube videos... I've not had a issue with the DAC before, I always make sure everything matches, but again there is no word clock and that makes a bug difference... I will have to rethink, but maybe I end up with the VoiceLive Rack... can you tell me if there is any difference in effects quality pre DAC with in comparison with the voicelive 3 extreme? apart from looping is the only thing I am losing is the choir effect? or again, have the effects themselves been upgraded in the version 3 of the voicelive series?
      • November 17, 2020
      • VL2 or VL3X? I want the digital in and out, but also want the extra effects
        PedroRodrigues Hi Liam please allow me to clarify that what I referred above is that is important to consider that will not be possible to integrate any of these unit with another A/D/C as this will generate oversample and other issue that that will cause signal degradation among other problems. I resume you cant use a VL3 X and a GOXLR connected to the same computer or on the same signal flow as both transform the analogue signal in digital and that will create the issues mentioned above. Please be aware that regarding the D/A/C (DIGITAL TO ANALOGUE CONVERSION) the chip used for this process is similar on both units, so there is no substantial different and effectively the VL3X offers more tools than the Voice Live Rack. Thank you
        • November 18, 2020
  • edtullett
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-23

Hey guys, I purchased a VoiceLive Touch 2 from you on eBay refurbished recently. It has the blue screen problem and is unusable. I managed to find the mac OS fix, but have tried it twice and it doesn't fix the problem. Please help, as I currently have a product I literally can't use!

read more...
    1 541
    • edtullett
      Dale_M Hi Ed, can I suggest you follow the process in the KB below? Let us know if this works for you. https://musictribecommunity.powerappsportals.com/en-us/knowledgebase/article/3720
      • September 23, 2020
      • VoiceLive Touch 2 - Blue Screen, Fix not working
        edtullett yes this is exactly what I've tried a couple times, hasn't worked at all.
        • September 23, 2020
    • edtullett
      edtullett any ideas? If I can't fix this then I'm going to need to return the product.
      • September 24, 2020
    • edtullett
      Dale_M Hi Ed, you should try the above suggestion on a Windows Os machine as it may not work with a Mac.
      if after this you are still having issues, as you have acquired the unit refurbished from eBay you need to contact the reseller and request assistance on the unit to hopefully avoid any more trouble in this matter.
      • September 28, 2020
    • edtullett
      jape10 I have same problem...in case 3720 article is no any softeware file so where can I find it? Just Blue light on...
      • November 17, 2020
  • New
    vbsmurali
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-15

Hi, I am getting noice sound while using my TC Helicon Voice Live 3 Extreme. Will you plz suggest what can I do to avoid noice...

0 55
    • vbsmurali
      PedroRodrigues Hi VBS, for this matter please try the following:
      Locate the headphone jack on the back of the VoiceLive 3 device.
      Find something small and thin that will fit inside the headphone jack.
      A jeweler’s screwdriver works well, a paperclip may be too thin and won’t work as well.
      There is a switch inside the headphone jack that needs to be pushed in at the same time the power switch is engaged. Push the screwdriver into the headphone jack until you can feel the switch push in and out. If you are having trouble finding the switch, try angling the screwdriver slightly so it is higher inside than outside.
      Once the switch has been located, push it in while powering up the VoiceLive 3. If you see the below screen, then you have successfully reached the maintenance mode.
      If the steps stated above, do not resolve this matter I would suggest following the link below to submit a assistance request so we can help you with more tools on this matter.
      https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket?type=Technical%20Support
      Thank you
      • November 16, 2020
  • New
    meirelesalex
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-08

Dear users,

I'm having trouble to apply backing tracks to individual presets. I imported 20 tracks to my VL3. All of these tracks shows up in all my presets after switching Backing Track On. 

Is that possible to assign, let's say tracks 1, 2, 3 to Preset 15, tracks 4, 5, 6 to Preset 16? If yes, how can we do that?

BG,

Alex.

read more...
    0 58
    • meirelesalex
      leah Hello Alexsandro,

The VL3X backing tracklist will always be available in its entirety on all presets. You will not be able to minimize the tracklist selections per preset. A good workaround would be to duplicate the presets you need then change the backing track per duplicate. This way, when you switch, you'll have the same preset settings with a different track.

Hope this helps. Thanks!
      • November 9, 2020
      • Backing track to individual presets in Voicelive 3 Extreme
        meirelesalex Hi Leah! Thanks for the idea. Yeah. It seems to be the only way. As I have about 30 songs , I think maybe it's better to roll the songs up/down to play the songs. I'd have to do anyway to change the presets.
        • November 9, 2020
Go to page