Statistics

306,099 members
190,448 posts
  • New
    gerdo
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-12-23

I like my VL3X, it is a great combination of functionalities, but what I am really missing is some MIDI features:

1. MIDI start and stop
    I have not found a way to start and stop a backing track on the VL3X, based on incoming MIDI start/stop commands. Am I missing something here or are there any plans to implement this?

2. MIDI map feature
    I have some guitar effect pedals and preamps that can receive and send MIDI CCs or PCs for changing presets. Could you please implement something like the MIDI map functionality on the TC Electronic G-System or Nova System (possibility to configure MIDI commands to send, for each button on the device and for every single preset each)? 

3. Sequence Recording, including MIDI
    On the VL3X you have this great feature of recording a sequence, so that you can automate effect changes during a performance. It would be great if you could also include incoming MIDI commands into this sequence recording. At the moment, it seems, only the keypresses on the device itself are recorded. With other midi capable pedals connected to the MIDI IN/OUT of the VL3X you would be able to also include preset changes on these pedals into the sequence recording.

Please, keep up the good work and please continue to improve the device!

best regards
    Gerd

read more...
    2 373
    • gerdo
      LuisLugo That's exactly what I'm looking for with my Voicelive 3. The manual lists just a few MIDI commands related to vocal and guitar effects but surely there has to be many more, like the actions that can be assigned to an external switch and an external expression pedals via the TRS connections at the back. I have just acquired an MC-6 MIDI Controller and I'm at a loss trying to reach this VL3 capabilities via this unit.
      • December 26, 2020
    • gerdo
      Photologik

I totally agree! The VL3X is a powerful device but lacks quite some functionality! Yes, sequencing incoming midi commands would be great but the simple use of the backing tracks or looping through midi should be ESSENTIAL! How is the device supposed to be in sync with other midi devices if it's not possible to playback or loop through midi commands?! I know it can be a slave btw, but how can the backing track be in sync with a groovebox for example? Looping should work but only controlled directly in the unit! For those using external controllers like me this is a big turn off! I guess TC HELICON wanted this device to be the center piece in a setup and only dependable on itself...poor decision... The more I use it and the more features seem left behind or else I pass days with headaches with no positive results... Atm, I'm only using vocal fx and some guitar fx to complement my rig. Midi, looping and audio routing are a disaster....(with confusing unintuitive modes! There's 3 inputs+backing tracks+met and 2 stereo outputs, why can't we just assign any input to any mono or stereo output?!?! Specially the AUX input going to the vocal output is ridiculous...) The fx are not bad but expected better, specially for the guitar! It sounds quite bad (fake and synthesised)! Even the booster that should just clean boost the signal brings in artificial sound! .... But well, that's another story and I'm done complaining... Unfortunately, I don't think there will be any firmware update, the device has quite some years since it was released and profits from it are probably enough so, why care? The TC HELICON "flagship" says it all to me and although it's entertaining, it's far from professional use, it remembered me that we learn from our mistakes, which means that next time I'll make a better choice for sure

• Jan 8
  • New
    Potapov
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-21

Hi! Is there some sort of block diagram that what goes into a guitar processor. I can't understand why the drive turns off the amp, and the compressor lives its own life, can work on its own as an Overdrive and not respond to the output equalizer...

read more...
    2 132
    • Potapov
      Potapov what goes for what?
      • December 21, 2020
    • Potapov
      PetGerbil If you've got that diagram, then I assume you've got this one ?...
      I'm not too sure myself what goes where, But I think the "drive" block just replaces the gain part of the "Amp" setting when activated, leaving the other settings of the "Amp" unchanged.
      At a guess, this is because it is much quicker to swap between 2 or 3 settings of the "Drive" part, rather than have to reload into memory all the settings of the "amp". Most of which wouldn't need to be changed if all you need is more gain.
      • December 22, 2020
      • block diagram guitar proceccing voicelive3
        Potapov Yes, thanks for the diagram. Glad that wah-wah goes in front of the drive. You can find a good resonance to create an amazing sound for heavy metal. After I figure out where the fault is and what makes the overload in the guitar path...
        • ·
        • December 23, 2020
  • New
    JimTalbert
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-12-17

Has there been an updated user manual since V 1.03?  The manual on TC-H’s website appears to be the original and shows different pages in the settings than the newer firmware?  Like Switch-6 etc are not in the manual that’s on line.

0 54
    • JimTalbert
      PedroRodrigues Hi Jim, thank you for your contact, please be aware that all the resources are present on the product's page by following the link below https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0DEF Please also consider that in some cases changes caused by Firmware update will not be reflected on the manual. Thank you
      • December 17, 2020
    • JimTalbert
      JimTalbert Wait, so we’re supposed to figure out the changes with new firmware releases ourselves? And document them ourselves for future reference? Because the manual referenced on that page is the original, with no explanation of Switch-6 functionality or Global Guitar preferences or any other change that may have occurred.
      • December 17, 2020
      • PlayAcoustic User Manual
        PedroRodrigues Hi Jim please be aware that the PlayAcoustic does not have available a new firmware update but effectively all the resources available will be present on the link sent on the pervious message. In regard to the the pedal the unit allows the usage of SWITCH-3 that you can find information on the user manual on pages 35 and 63 as you can see below
        • December 21, 2020
    • JimTalbert
      JimTalbert Pedro, this is an unsatisfactory answer. You are still selling this product, many of us out here are still using it. When we have a question about the current firmware - which is an update from the original firmware - we should be able to research it through your website. Are you still shipping the product with the original - and now out-of-date - user’s manual? Does the box have a sticker alerting the buyer that the manual is incomplete, and even wrong. Do you caution buyers to go online and review the updates...no, because apparently you haven’t bothered to take an hour and post the updates.

This is not the quality of product support I saw four years ago when I bought my PA.
      • December 21, 2020
        B4Hand Jim, I am having the same support problems! They give Zero information. I’m not sure if all the support help people are the same way, but I also got Pedro as my support contact and got little to no help whatsoever.. Good luck ????
        • ·
        • December 21, 2020
        PedroRodrigues Hi Jim as I mentioned on the two previous replies the PlayAcoustic does not have available a new firmware update but effectively all the resources available will be present on the link sent on the pervious message. In regard to the the pedal the unit allows the usage of SWITCH-3 that you can find information on the user manual on pages 35 and 63 as you can see on the picture on my post above. Thank you
        • December 22, 2020
        PedroRodrigues Hi Michael please confirm on the print screen extracted for our conversation below where you can see that I have provided the information that you required the only unsatisfied point that you had on our exchanged was the fact that we did not had a closer service center to assist your unit as you can see below
        • December 22, 2020
  • New
    B4Hand
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-10

I have a Voicelive 3 and when it is powered up in just stays in the Loading mode. This is my 3rd VL3 EX. It took me a while to get the sounds the way I like and I can't seem to dial my others in to get the same sound. How can I get my sounds off the unit? Computer Desktop somehow? 
    also can I return it for repair?

read more...
    0 196
    • B4Hand
      PedroRodrigues Hi, Michael Please follow the link below to access our list of Partners, Resellers and Service Centers so you can select the option closest to your location https://www.tc-helicon.com/buy.html....Thank you
      • December 11, 2020
    • B4Hand
      B4Hand So.... No real solution or advice other than go to a service center....
      • December 12, 2020
      • Voicelive 3 Extreme stuck in “Laoding” mode
        PedroRodrigues Hi Michael, based on your description the only solution for your unit is to be inspected, therefor my suggestion is for you to contact a service center to quickly resolve this matter. Please follow as advised d an contact a service center by following the link below to get your unit inspected. Thank you
        • December 14, 2020
    • B4Hand
      B4Hand I looked at your supplied map of Authorized service centers and it doesn’t look like there are any Service centers anywhere near me . I am in Shirley, NY 11967.. Can you tell me if you have any service centers close to me.
      • December 14, 2020
    • B4Hand
      B4Hand 4 days and No reply. This Site is some of the worst customer support that I have seen for any gear site..
      • December 17, 2020
  • New
    Seemam3
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-05

I own a TC Helicon Play Acoustic vocal processor and love it. I'm considering buying a SingThing as a portable practice amp. I love the presets on the Play Acoustic and am trying to find a list of presets on the SingThing but can't find it anywhere in the documentation or on the website. I have a few favorite Play Acoustic presets I'm hoping are on the SingThing before I purchase. Is there a list out there that I am just not seeing? Thanks!

read more...
    0 329
  • New
    TalRodriguez
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-12

Hello,

I do have a ticket that I'm waiting to hear from but thought I'd ask here as well. 

My unit power cycles for maybe around 4 or 5 minutes. It will then kind of "settle in" and work ok.

While power cycling, the display will get dull then bright again. 

Any thoughts on this? 

Thank you. 

read more...
    0 67
    • TalRodriguez
      PedroRodrigues Hi Terri, Please be aware that via Tech support ticket we will have more tools to help you on this matter, never the less please be aware that taking your description in to consideration and without any other analysis I can only think that of the screen is faulty of the PSU is showing the first symptoms of going to faille in the near future. I hope this helped.
      • December 15, 2020
      • VoiceWorks Rack Mount
        TalRodriguez Thank you for your response. I have received an email already telling me where I can take the VoiceWorks for repair. I was kind of thinking it would be the power supply. Right now, as long as I leave it on, it is working ok. But I will be taking it to the repair shop as soon as I can.
        • ·
        • December 15, 2020
  • New
    Potapov
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-13

A good guitar drive is the absence of clipping when the pick hits the string. Then you can play a sonorous dry and juicy mute, a technique that is used by most guitarists who play metal. Question to support: is it possible to configure it? Did anyone succeed? There are presets? If there is a preset where amp "metallic" could be overclocked to overload "pre gain" more than 50. I want to see it. And then I will understand whether my engineer needs to correct the circuit of my guitar or voicelive 3. While I observe a strong clipping in low frequencies when touching the strings. And this can't be fixed with any equalizer settings

read more...
    1 94
    • Potapov
      Potapov Today we are completely desperate. Oh, that gurgling guitar sound instead of normal metal! I really need an electrical circuit. Please send it to me. We will try to make bandpass filters of low-pass cutoff into the guitar channel. Or set inside the channel gap distortion, and output the control button. I can't use external devices - I need mobility, I bought voicelive 3 because it should be one. Promised by the manufacturer that it will be one. Help with the scheme please!
      • December 13, 2020
    • Potapov
      PedroRodrigues Hi Sergey, before going forward please allow me to point out the fact that we do not support any intervention on a component level made by end users.
      For gain, distortion, Amp Modelling, and Phrase Looping please follow the link below to access a few videos that might help you
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SIDxupHCnU
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2cxyqp8a4I
      Thank you
      • December 14, 2020
      • Setting up a good guitar drive
        Potapov I'm in a hopeless situation. There is no service in the country, no scheme. What should I do
        • ·
        • February 1, 2021
      • Setting up a good guitar drive
        PedroRodrigues Hi Potapov, please contact
        Audioproject LLC

29 107076 Electrozavodskaya str.

bld 1

Russian Federation

Russia

+7(495)617-5560

[email protected]
        They may be able to help you.

Thank you
        • February 2, 2021
  • New
    GoRock
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-13

Hi,

I use TC HELICON PERFORM VK for a while, and wonder that, how to make use of USB AUDIO channels for live performance.

Can anyone suggest how to connect USB AUDIO port directly to a mixer and/or loudspeakers for live performance, without using a computer. Is there any solution to that, perheaps some interface that, both, "understands" TC HELICON PERFORM VK USB audio scheme to diverse the USB channels, and to put theme out through separate audio sockets in order to connect (one, some or all) these audio signals directly to a mixer.     

read more...
    0 68
    • GoRock
      snake33 voice support 2
      • December 13, 2020
    • GoRock
      PedroRodrigues Hi Gorazd Rakovec, please be aware that it will not be possible to use the USB output on the Perform VK without using computer. The unit offers via USB 4 input and 8 output channels for USB audio in PERFORM-VK.
      As driver is required for both USB audio AND MIDI use this will not be possible to be used without a computer.
      Via USB the unit offers on the input:
      CH 1 Backing Track L
      CH 2 Backing Track R
      CH 3 Dry vocal in
      CH 4 NaturalPlay IN.
      If no signal is transmitted to the product on USB audio channel 3, the product will use analogue in for the voice input
      On the output side the unit offers USB OUT:
      CH 1 L processed vocal, Keyboard/ Aux in, the same as what is on main outputs, less the audio received on USB in
      CH 2 R processed vocal, Keyboard/ Aux in, same as what is on main outputs, less the audio received on USB in 2
      CH 3 Dry Voice input
      CH 4 Not used
      CH 5 Dry INST IN R / Aux L
      CH 6 Dry INST IN R / Aux R CH 7 Harmony Voices L
      CH 8 Harmony Voices R.
      Thank you
      • December 14, 2020
  • Veva
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-05

where can I buy the power button of the voicelive 3 xtreme?????

0 52
    • Veva
      KyleJohnson Hi Ana, Kyle here with Music Tribe. To purchase spare parts, please click the Support link at the top of this page and create a Spare Parts ticket.
      • October 5, 2020
    • Veva
      Potapov Can I find out the modification number of this button? To buy from me in Russia, you need to know the number and name of the button.
      • December 13, 2020
      • POWER BUTTON VOICELIVE3 XTREME
        KyleJohnson Our parts team should be able to help you identify the part if you submit a Parts ticket.
        • December 14, 2020
  • New
    VukasinStankovic
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-10

Good day... I have voice live 3 and it's on the factory software, but the problem is that when I try to update it it always stiffens and I can't update it to a newer version of the software ... Sorry in bad English And thanks in advance

1 75
Go to page