Statistics

267,854 members
147,363 posts
  • New
    ShawnBrown
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-16

Hi:

I have a bit of an elaborate karaoke basement. As part of the set up I have:

• 2 Perform V 
    • ZOOM LiveTrac 8 mixer
    • Mac for playing backtracks from KaraFun (great service)

The mixer has the capabilities to have custom outputs for each of the 6 or so headset jacks. These could have just the backtrack output with no vocals

My Question:

The Perform V can use room sense to use for the harmony, but with the PA speakers, multiple singers, background noise, I am wondering if the aux in is a option as described and would this even work.

The Perform V is a great piece of equipment!!

read more...
    0 15
    • ShawnBrown
      PedroRodrigues Hi ShawnBrown, thank you for your post, for the RoomSense to correctly perform chord detection you will need to have a chorded instrument near the RoomSense mic otherwise the unit will not be able to accurate detect the harmony. As you have described “with the PA speakers, multiple singers, background noise” that will definitely be an issue for the RoomSense mic chord detection.
      The Aux In can be used to determine key/scale for Perform-V’s Harmony or HardTune effects when you connect a music player or a smartphone.
      But for live sound as you have described unfortunately it will not work as the audio from the AUX input is slightly delayed from input to output to improve chord detection, the delay won’t have any effect on music you’re singing along with but it does mean this input is not designed to support instruments that you will be playing live as you will feel them strangely “laggy”.
      • November 17, 2021
  • New
    davymaguire
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-16

Will 600mA @ 9V power the Harmony singer? I know that the PSU weighs in at 670mA but there is usually a bit of headroom allowance with a PSU.

0 2
    • davymaguire
      PedroRodrigues Hi davymaguire, thank you for your post, the Power Supply used with Harmony Singer must offer 9 V / 670 mA otherwise you may damage your unit. Thank you
      • November 17, 2021
  • New
    OneDrinkPony
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-16

My band uses BandHelper (BH) to manage songs and set lists. When we perform I advance the set list to the next song and BH sends midi to different instruments. I would like to do is use a new product midi uhost https://www.cme-pro.com/widi-uhost/ to send commands to the VoiceLive Play from BH.

I know other VoiceLive products have MIDI and the Play does not. But, when using the VoiceSupport2 app it is sending MIDI commands via the USB cable. This is what I want to do with the WIDI Uhost.

Thanks

read more...
    0 4
    • OneDrinkPony
      PedroRodrigues Hi OneDrinkPony,thank you for your post, unfortunately that will not be possible as the USB port on the unit is exclusively to exchange data between the unit and VoiceSupport 2 so it will not accept other software sending messages to that USB port. Thank you
      • November 17, 2021
  • New
    jim1425
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-12

HI IM NEW HERE, IM PLANNING TO PURCHASE A TC HELICON PERFORM V OR A PERFORM VK..JUST WANT TO KNOW IF BOTH DETECT PROPER KEY VIA AUX INPUTS OR ANY FROM ITS INPUTS ON BOARD TO DETECT OR GUESS THE RIGHT KEY IN ORDER TO USE THE HARMONY EFFECTS....I DONT PLAY GUITAR OR KEYBOARD ..JUST LOVE TO SING AND RECORD VIA MINUS ONE OR BACKTRACKS(KARAOKE)

THANKS COMMUNITY FOR ANY HELP OR REPLY.

JIM

read more...
    0 60
    • jim1425
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi jim1425, both the Perform V and VK can detect keys via a backing track via Aux or with the use of the Roomsense feature. The Roomsense feature will use in the built-in Microphone on the unit to listen for chords in the room from a guitar or piano and try to figure out key and scale from that.

The Perform VK is also capable of doing this with a Keyboard connected.
      • January 13, 2021
      • HARMONY KEY DETECTION BY AUX OR MIC
        jim1425 Thank you for such a pleasant reply.....more power to you and God bless you too..
        • ·
        • January 13, 2021
    • jim1425
      ShawnBrown HI, i have a follow up question on this.

My current "Karaoke" basesement includes:
      - 2 Perform V
      -Zoom Live track mixer - i have multiple headphone jacks on this which can be customized so as to have only the back track come out them.

I am trying to understand if i can get better harmony from using the aux and having a line run to each Perform V with just the backtrack (KaraFun) and would that be better than room sense?

I hope this even makes sense
      • November 16, 2021
  • New
    Brodadtc
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-15

My TC Helicon harmonizer is turning on and off by itself without me pressing on the activate button, can anyone tell why this is happening, please?

0 13
    • Brodadtc
      kiskadar69 What is the type of harmonizer? What is the type of microphone?
      If you do not use a device with a Mic Control switch (such as the Sennheiser e 835 fx, TC-Helicon MCA100 / MP-75 / MP-76 / MP-85), you must disable the Mic Control function on the harmonizer. If you have it set to "MP-75/76" or "e835FX" instead of just "Dynamic" or "Condenser" in the mic type, it can trigger Mic Control erroneously as the levels go up and down.
      • November 15, 2021
    • Brodadtc
      Brodadtc

I actually did have it set on the e835fx. I am actually using a wireless mic. It actually sounds great just the on-off issues. So thanks I will definitely change the settings and see if that helps, thanks for your quick response.

• November 15, 2021
    • Brodadtc
      Brodadtc

Should I go with a condenser or dynamic for a wireless mic?

• November 15, 2021
    • Brodadtc
      kiskadar69 I don't know about wireless systems, but I think if the wireless device connected directly to the TC-Helicon harmonizer has its own power supply, Dynamic should be set.
      Note: I forgot to mention that the "Mic Control" function of the Sennheiser e 835 fx, TC-Helicon MCA100 / MP-75 / MP-76 / MP-85 is not compatible with wireless systems. For "Mic Control" to work, the aforementioned devices and the TC-Helicon effect processor must be connected with a 3-wire microphone cable.
      • November 15, 2021
  • New
    amckee27
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-15

Hey all,

I'm singing 1979 by the Smashing Pumpkins. I have a lot of affects on the section of the song where Billy Corrigan sings, "today yeah." The volume, when I press the hit for that voice change, goes up considerably. To get the right sound I need to have the levels up on the effects to really get the underwater voice. I can't figure out how to get the On Contol voice, which is most of the song, and the hit effects voice leveled. Any way to control the two volume of these sources separately?

read more...
    0 13
    • amckee27
      NicJonesMT Hi AMckee27.
      You would need to press the "MIX" button and adjust the levels in this menu. You should then be able to build a balanced mix of all of your levels on the output.
      • November 15, 2021
    • amckee27
      amckee27

Thanks Nick- but does that affect the global mix? Or does it just affect the mix at the effect level? I just want to mix the Hit state as compared to the On state for this one effect. The Mix button seems to be a global setting with the options: headphone, loop Roomsense, main out, harmony and delay/reverb.

• November 17, 2021
  • New
    kenhaynes
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-14

Can I play an acoustic pianio along with the v100 and it track the harmonies/keys ?    

In other words if I play guitar and piano and don't want to plug in a guitar will the Amp sense the key I am in so it can track the harmonies correctly ?

Hope that makes sense ....

read more...
    0 11
    • kenhaynes
      kenhaynes In other words is the input mic to sense the harmonies on the actual amp or do I have plug in something to the guitar amp input for it to sense the harmony keys ?
      • November 14, 2021
    • kenhaynes
      NicJonesMT Hi KenHaynes.
      You need to have a guitar connected to the Guitar input.
      The Harmony setting will then listen to this to generate the harmonies.
      • November 15, 2021
  • New
    Chappellj
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-06

I am purchasing the harmony v100.  How similar are the vocal and guitar effects to the acoustic play pedal?  I am wondering if the amp will be more limiting?

1 30
    • Chappellj
      PedroRodrigues Hi Chappellj, thank you for your post, the Harmony V100 in a “swiss army knife Amp” that offers a huge number of tools divided on the two input channels available such as Voice channel with Adaptive Tone, Intelligent Anti-feedback, Pitch Correction, Harmony, Reverb and Delay.
      On the Guitar channel with BodyRez, Intelligent Anti-feedback, Tuner, Reverb, Delay, Chorus and a 3 band EQ.

The PLAY ACOUSTIC is a great pedal and also offers BodyRez filtering and on-board EQ but the effects available on this unit are based on the TC Electronic HALL OF FAME REVERB, FLASHBACK DELAY and CORONA CHORUS pedals and DI for an acoustic guitar tone.
      In conclusion the similarities between the two units are on the BodyRez filtering, the board EQ and in the FX available.
      I would suggest checking a video guide about the V100 and also one about the PLAY ACOUSTIC, for both videos please see below:

Harmony V100
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVE1qOn5xe4

PLAY ACOUSTIC
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=884U6jgRYFQ&list=PLR6Yp1ynH1xfatUQ26rHJ3gWG-1bh_Sxh

Thank you
      • November 8, 2021
    • Chappellj
      kenhaynes So based on above response the play acoustic has more premium features ? You called out the features of each product but unclear if the features that are on the v100 are similar ? Newer technology ? Hall of fame-flashback ? Those are on v100 ?
      • November 14, 2021
      • Harmony V100 similarities to acoustic play
        PedroRodrigues Hi kenhaynes effectively the play acoustic offers more features than the Harmony V100, the innovation on the Harmony V100 is the combination of some existing tools with a amp via two different XLR inputs for Guitar and Vocals. The Harmony V100 offers agongs other tools such as Harmony, Reverb and Delay but not as configurable as the tools present on the PLAY ACOUSTIC . Thank you
        • ·
        • November 15, 2021
  • New
    Newme41
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-11-13

Hello

Can please somebody tell  for what this setting is used and how because it is not explained in the manual
    ""MIDI PC Messages The product’s 3 presets correspond to Program Change Bank 0: 125, 126, 127""
    and because I pretty much embed my parameters in my midi files. I even made my own Performer.ins for cakewalk or other midi files program. but unfortunately this performer Vk  in event list can not select the type of reverb (Hall Room club) only the deep and decay . like echo you can choose the deep the feedback on and off but not the speed . I always have to get my tap
    with harmony you can set all parameters which is a very good plus point.

read more...
    0 18
    • Newme41
      PedroRodrigues Hi Newme41, thank you for your post,considering your question the
      “MIDI PC Messages The product’s 3 presets correspond to Program Change Bank 0: 125, 126, 127"
      This is related to the MIDI implementation for your unit to allow the Perform VK to be controlled by an external MIDI controller,part of the MIDI mapping process to allow the preset to be controlled externally via MIDI
      This is available on the manual on page 12 under “MIDI Implementation” and follows to page 13 and 14.

I will leave you the link below, so you can access the full manual.

https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0DEE

Thank you
      • November 14, 2021
  • New
    Annapurna456
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-10

Hi - please can someone tell me how I get both a dry and wet signal from the Voicelive 2 to my mixer? I've tried connecting the xlr output that says dry to the mixer but the audio from that output still has the Voicelive 2 'effect' on it? I'd like to record the wet and dry simultaneously so I can play with the mix in the edit. Thank you. 

read more...
    0 11
    • Annapurna456
      NicJonesMT Hi Annapurna456.
      Can you check in the setup menu that you have the output mode set to MONO.
      This will then put a summed mono mix onto the left output, and the dry signal (Including the Tone settings) to the right output.
      • November 10, 2021
    • Annapurna456
      Annapurna456 Will do - thank you.
      • November 10, 2021
    • Annapurna456
      kiskadar69 ..and if you want to remove the dry signal from the summed mono mix, set Setup -> I / O tab -> Lead Mute to On.
      • November 12, 2021
Go to page