Statistics

306,512 members
190,921 posts
  • New
    ScottBurford
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-11-03

Hi there.

My unit will perform as expected sometimes, and then other times it does not respond to any of the footswitches. 

Yesterday at a gig it happened using the looper; the song was a disaster. 

When it has happened in the past I have restarted it, and then it has been fine. I have generally found it when first turning it on and the tuner function doesn't work.

Yesterday it kept locking up, and I restarted it many times until I just gave up and left it on my basic patch; I didn't try and use any of the other features in it again.

I need to find a solution to this. 

Overall, this has been a pretty disappointing purchase. It's already been back to the importer for repairs 5 times, and with them for quite some time with each repair. 

read more...
    0 150
    • ScottBurford
      PedroRodrigues Hi Scott that is terrible news and not the kind of experience that we wish to provide to our customers, please follow the link below to submit a assistance request by following the link below so we can assist you with more tools. https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket?type=service%20request
      • November 4, 2020
      • TC Helicon Voicelive 3 Extreme foot switches not consistently working
        ScottBurford Thank you Pedro.
        • November 4, 2020
        ScottBurford Hi Pedro. Thank you for the link. I'm not able to complete the form, as I can't find my invoice to show proof of purchase. The unit itself is out of warranty now (assuming there was a 12-month warranty). Overall it has been a bit frustrating with the issues it has had. I wouldn't buy another, given my experiences, but at the moment I'm not in a position to replace it. Covid-19 has wiped out much of my work this year. Gigs are very slowly coming back, and I n need to be able to use this. I've tried cleaning the footswitches with contact cleaner. No luck there. It functioned as it should for a few minutes before locking up again.
        I suppose one solution would be to buy an external footswitch and map the functions to it? Or have the board replaced? It has already been replaced once because the unit kept going into a rebooting sequence at one stage.
        Anything else I might be able to try?
        THank you.
        • ·
        • November 4, 2020
        PedroRodrigues Hi Scott, unfortunately the only way to move forward will be via the assistance request. Thank you
        • November 5, 2020
        ScottBurford Thank you. I'll have to see if I can get a copy of the invoice from the shop I bought it through, or speak to the Australian importer and see if they can help in any way then.
        • ·
        • November 5, 2020
  • New
    Steveosays
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-04

I just bought my tc helicon voicelive touch version 1 and when I plug into mixer, there is no sound or signal coming out of the helicon. I'm not sure if there something wrong but I would really use further assistance.

0 1,211
    • Steveosays
      Nigel67 I would first of all perform a factory reset, and then connect to voicesupport and upgrade the unit to its latest version. This is all detailed in the User Manual
      https://mediadl.musictribe.com/download/documents/tchelicon/voicelivetouchcompletemanualengv1-2.pdf
      Once you have done this sing into the unit, turn up the input level control and see if the signal and peak lights come on. If they do, then you are getting signal into the unit. Does your microphone require phantom power? If you then plug some headphones in and turn up the level control, do you hear anything in them? Which outputs are you using on the rear of the unit. What sort of jacks are you using. Are there any conversion connectors. Are the cables balanced or unbalanced to the amplifier?
      • November 3, 2020
      • TC Helicon Voicelive touch not working/no signal
        Steveosays I’ve tried holding the octave, low and bass bottoms and no reset has worked. It would just say ready.
        • January 13, 2021
        Steveosays I’ve had this thing for almost a year now and have yet to play it. Heard amazing things and because I do not have a job that allows me the brand new voicelive touch, I had to proceed with the version 1. Which was not cheap and spent time saving in order to acquire. It’s really sad.
        • January 13, 2021
        Nigel67 Have you tried connecting it to VoiceSupport and seeing if you can upgrade the unit? Please could you answer my original questions about the signal LED and microphone, etc. This will hopefully help identify the issue. You mentioned that none of the buttons worked when you tried the reset. Have you taken the protective film covering of the front of the unit as this could stop the buttons from working? If pressing the buttons still doesn't work, the the unit will have to be serviced. In which case please submit a service ticket by going to the Support Tab at the top of the page.
        • January 14, 2021
  • New
    markdale25
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-01

I just purchased a used TC Helicon Quintet voice processor and I'm not having much luck finding a user manual. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

0 163
  • New
    PSU87
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-31

Just starting to discover a new Play Acoustic, but two questions:

1. The VoiceSupport software seems very limited.  I can rearrange and load presets, but is there any way to edit presets using the software, or is that only possible on the unit itself?

2. If I wanted to use two different effects in the same song- say a double in one part of the song and a harmony in the other, is there any way to accomplish that other than moving up and down with the foot switches, and using the hit button?  Would the Switch-3 make it any easier?

Thanks.....

read more...
    0 90
    • PSU87
      PedroRodrigues Hi, Tom R please be aware that you can perform any edit procedures on VoiceSupport and send the preset to your unit with those changes implemented, for more information please follow the link below.
      https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0CMP
      When it comes to the vocal effects, you can combine these effects into a preset, which is essentially a storage location, you get 235 presets as standard, with one blank spot and the ability to overwrite any of the factory-loaded ones with your own creations.
      Regarding the Looper there is no way to store your loops.
      I hope this helps
      • November 2, 2020
    • PSU87
      kiskadar69 1. TC-Helicon VoiceSupport cannot edit presets in full detail. There are editing programs on https://www.voiceliveeditor.com (unfortunately not for Play Acoustic).
      2. To find out what a Switch-3 pedal is good for, see page 35 of the TC-Helicon Play Acoustic English Manual.
      For Play Acoustic, you can use Switch-6 instead of Switch-3 (if Switch-6 is not available in the menu, a firmware update is required).
      • November 3, 2020
      • Play Acoustic questions
        Steelton1992 I just bought a Play Acoustic and looking to buy a Switch-3 or Switch-6 (price difference is about $10.00). Is the 6 a better purchase than the 3 as far as capabilities? Your thoughts are appreciated.
        • Nov 29
  • canecutters
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-25

my voicelive play needs repair to the black center dial. the dail no longer functions. please give me simple instructions where to get a RMA# so i can mail it to a qualified service professional. Thanks

0 59
    • canecutters
      RexBeckett Hi Fitzroy. At the top of this page, click Support and then select Service. Make sure that you enter all required (*) data before clicking Submit. The Care team will respond by email.
      • October 25, 2020
  • onehand
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-24

My PlayAcoustic unit came on with a blue screen only when powered up last night at the gig.

What is the solution for reloading the firmware into it?  I found a video on the SweetWater website,

however when I clicked on the link for the firmware/build version it wasn't there.  Maybe there is 

a solution that I am not aware of.  I DID get the unit into 'all lights blinking' Boot Mode.  That's as

far as I could get.    I'm stuck at that.

Thanks

read more...
    0 281
    • onehand
      PedroRodrigues Hi Ron, please submit an assistance request by following the link below so we can assist you with more tools. Thank you https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket?type=service%20request
      • October 26, 2020
    • onehand
      thisisjust9

hi onehand, you can try this steps: Perform a factory reset to your unit followed by a firmware update over USB with the Voice Support 2 software, please follow the link below to gain access to VoiceSupport: https://www.tc-helicon.com/Categories/Tchelicon/Vocal/Apps/VOICESUPPORT-2/p/P0CMP/Downloads#googtrans(en|en) 

To perform a Factory Reset please follow the guidance below: -When powering up the unit, press and hold the two “arrow” buttons next to the Control Knob. -Any changes you have made to presets will be erased!

-Back up your custom presets via VoiceSupport. -If that doesn’t solve the issue, try these steps for the Play Acoustic Blue Screen Recovery Windows users go to MIDIOX.com and download MIDI-OX. http://www.midiox.com/ Mac users go to Snoize.com to download Sysex Librarian. https://www.snoize.com/SysExLibrarian/ To install the app, open you Downloads folder, double click the installer file and follow the on-screen instructions.

Download the firmware file PlayAcoustic 1.5.00 BUILD74 MIDIOX.syx and the recovery file. https://wsi.li/dl/q2XofQQkBjZqHcPz9/ 

• October 6, 2021
  • jthiesen1169
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-23

I have a couple of questions for any vocalists or studios using the TC Helicon Voicelive Rack. 

If you switch effect presets while singing, will it briefly cut off the vocal signal while switching from preset to preset? 

I'm currently using a Lexicon MX400 for live performances that's being controlled via USB from a Mac and triggered from Digital Performer for preset changes.  Some of our songs require a preset change during the song for longer delays/reverbs.  I have also programmed a "dry patch" for speaking to the audience between songs.  However, when these preset changes happen, the MX400 briefly cuts the vocal signal off, creating a "hiccup" of sorts.  If I don't time it right when I speak before or after a song or place the preset change at the perfect time during a song, a brief muting of the vocals can be heard when the preset changes.

I'm looking for a new vocal effects unit with rich vocal sounds, robust features, and a multitude effects that can be layered. From what I've researched and heard samples of online, the TC Helicon Voicleive Rack unit is exactly what I'm looking for as long as this cutting off of the vocal signal issue doesn't happen between preset changes. 

It would also be optimal to switch presets with the TC via USB like I am now with the MX400.  I'm not 100% sure if that's possible either, so if anyone's doing it that way, please let me know.  

Thanks in advance,

Jason.

read more...
    0 76
  • AbdullahSalahuddin
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-18

Hi I'm New to digital Recording so please be gental when I don't get the technical terms right, I'm using Reaper as DAW, I bought my VoiceLive Touch 2 on E-bay abouit a year ago, I used it with a Boss RC 505 looper it worked great as an anolog device, now I changed to a DAW all other Devices are 24 bit and the Voicelive Touch2 is only 16 Bit which causes my DAW to pause or slow down for about 10 to 20 second... Using ASIO4ALL v2 to get all devices to work over USB... All Latency setting have not sovled this problem.. I'm using Windows 10 (If that helps)or will have to go back to the Anolog and use a cable which I'm trying to advoid...Does anyone have an Idea ? Thank You

read more...
    0 104
    • AbdullahSalahuddin
      PedroRodrigues Hi Abdullah please be aware that if you wish to use your VoiceLive Touch 2 as our sound card you will need to use a DAW that can run at 16 bits . The VoiceLive Touch 2 via USB offers a stereo input output using a 16-bit @ 44.1kHz, and 16-bit @ 48kHz sample rate. This means that to set up your unit with a DAW you will need to set it up as a stereo input and use the sample rate mentioned above. Thank you
      • October 19, 2020
  • Heartbeat
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-10

My Extreme 3 doesn't recognise a USB stick in the unit, I know it's formatted to FAT32 as I used my keyboard to format the stick. From the manual it's supposed to open up a window to download MP3's. I've put mp3's on the stick and can see them on the stick when I go to the backing track area through the store button, but when I try to download them it says they're being downloaded, and when I go to the backing track area, using the Looper button it says there are no downloads. Most MP3's I have are 44.1Khz so I modified a couple to 48k as the manual says and it still doesn't work. I have just made a 48K, 16 Bit .wav file and sitll have the same problem. I've also tried resetting the unit to factory settings and all that done was remove the settings in the unit but still the same problem. Does anyone else have the same problem and were you able to fix it?

read more...
    0 92
    • Heartbeat
      PetGerbil Some sticks don't work. Nobody really knows why, There have been suggestions on ways to make them work, but every suggestion I've tried to make a non working one work, hasn't worked. The only thing to do is try a different USB stick. There seems to be no hard and fast rule, some work,some don't. Most do though, I've got a "Sandisk 32G" and a "Toshiba 32G (might be 16G)" That both work if that's any help. :) (When I say they don't work, I mean they're not recognised by my VL3. Dunno about a VL3X.)
      • October 10, 2020
      • TC Helicon Extreme 3 not recognising a USB stick and not storing MP3 or Wave files
        Heartbeat Thanks for your suggestions, I fixed the problem by updating my firmware, it now recognizes the stick but still doesn't go straight to put the MP3's on the VL3X, but at least now I can get them on the machine. I also found a YouTube video on how to put the backing tracks on the VL3X and that helped a lot too. Thanks again
        • October 10, 2020
      • TC Helicon Extreme 3 not recognising a USB stick and not storing MP3 or Wave files
        Heartbeat For those sticks that didn't work did you check they were formatted to FAT32?
        • October 10, 2020
        PetGerbil Yep, FAT32. There was a whole thread on the old forum with things to try. I tried 'em all. But it was only one stick that didn't work,so i used a different one. Glad you've sorted it. (as a side suggestion, have you got the files in the ROOT directory of the stick ? as I say, I've only got a VL3 so I don't know about where backing tracks have got to go, but the VL3's loops have to be in a "VL3_loops" folder or they won't be seen.)
        • October 11, 2020
  • sinewave440hz
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-08

Is there a way for me to get a 100% wet reverb sound by removing the dry signal? If not, is this something you could take on as a feature request? In my use case it would be ideal to map the dry level and/or wet level to a foot pedal too. Having this on other FX too would be really nice.

read more...
    0 124
    • sinewave440hz
      PedroRodrigues Hi thank you for your contact, please be aware that the VOICE LIVE 3 EXTREME allows the following output modes as per pictures below
      • October 8, 2020
    • sinewave440hz
      sinewave440hz Thanks, but I have the manual. I'm asking about the signal in all those marked "with FX". Is it possible to completely remove the dry signal for reverb in that signal?
      • October 9, 2020
    • sinewave440hz
      kiskadar69 Set "SETUP / Output / XLR Output Mode" to "Mono". In "Mono" mode, the Left output is the summed mono mix including effects and the Right output is dry. This is useful when a live sound engineer wants to control the balance of wet/dry mix at the mix position. In this case, set "SETUP / INPUT / Lead Mute" to "On" (this removes the dry signal from the summed mono mix).
      • October 11, 2020
    • sinewave440hz
      kiskadar69 If you set VoiceLive 3 to Stereo mode and Lead Mute to On, you must extract the dry signal in some way before VoiceLive 3.
      • October 11, 2020
Go to page